Sega to bring Hatsune Miku Project Diva F for the PS3 overseas?!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

link

734468_10151538098836796_825789592_n.jpg

Sega is asking for support from western fans via facebook to possibly bring the PS3 version of Diva F overseas. I surprise, but would be awesome if this does come over. Played 2nd, and this is a pretty fun rhythm series. Sucks that the Vita version probably won't come overseas through.

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 josephl64
Member since 2008 • 4424 Posts

It would be great if the game and its sequels started to become a mainstay here, even if it's just for a niche audience

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
That's surprising..
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
yeaaaahhh!!!!
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
I would rather play it on the Vita
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 josephl64
I would rather play it on the Vitabbkkristian
why stop on the vita when you can play it on both? :)
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

Yeah sega,bring that one to the west but not Yakuza 5...

:|

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Arach666

I really hope that Hatsune Miku's target demographic isn't more profitable than Yakuza 5's :|

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Arach666

Seriously,wtf sega?

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

whiskeystrike

I really hope that Hatsune Miku's target demographic isn't more profitable than Yakuza 5's :|

Supposedly, Sega held a Hatsune Miku concert (Yes, this exists) in the U.S. last year, and it sold out. I wouldn't get your hopes up.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Just bring Valkyria Chronicles 3 please

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Arach666
Indeed. What's up with that?
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

freedomfreak

Indeed. What's up with that?

Never underestimate the Miku fanbase.

They do horrible horrible things to support their virtual diva.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak  Online
They do horrible horrible things to support their virtual diva.wakefulness
Oh God D: notsureifwant
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
Definite buy. :D
wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]They do horrible horrible things to support their virtual diva.freedomfreak
Oh God D: notsureifwant

Don't you want to join the cult of Miku? 

YOU DYE NAO!

(Dye your hair green like Miku!)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="whiskeystrike"]

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

1PMrFister

Supposedly, Sega held a Hatsune Miku concert (Yes, this exists) in the U.S. last year, and it sold out. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

i saw this..still can't ****ing believe it

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 freedomfreak  Online
Don't you want to join the cult of Miku? 

YOU DYE NAO!

wakefulness
It looks blue in that picture :( I wouldn't look so good pulling off that haircut though.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

sounds like a formula to piss away money on a conversion that will never sell enough to make its money back.

what needs to happen is region locking should just go away so that the few tens of thousands of people in north america that cares about stuff like this can just order them and play them.

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hexashadow13

sounds like a formula to piss away money on a conversion that will never sell enough to make its money back.

what needs to happen is region locking should just go away so that the few tens of thousands of people in north america that cares about stuff like this can just order them and play them.

Riverwolf007
AFAIK The vita isn't region locked but you need separate memory cards for each region or something weird like that.
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

hexashadow13
AFAIK The vita isn't region locked but you need separate memory cards for each region or something weird like that.

No, you don't. Games are region free. You only need a seperate memory card if you want to use the Japanese PSN store. TBH if you don't even need it if you don't mind the tedium of backing up and restoring your data all the time for both accounts.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

For some weird reason there are stores here with the retail Vita version...how playable is the game if you can't read japanesse?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wanderer5

For some weird reason there are stores here with the retail Vita version...how playable is the game if you can't read japanesse?

QQabitmoar

It a rhythm game, so the series is actually pretty import friendly. Just some work around in the menus, but they're not complex or anything for the most part.

Arach666

Well the Yakuza series has already been release overseas unlike Diva. Not sure how well the Yakuza has done overseas but I guessing the latest installments didn't do well enough for Sega.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I would rather play it on the Vitajosephl64

Eh no harm, however I got dorm mates to be insecure about. :P
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 josephl64
[QUOTE="josephl64"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]I would rather play it on the Vitabbkkristian

ah, I really couldn't care less...they were put off the second I said I don't play Halo, Call of Duty, or sports games.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bbkkristian
[QUOTE="josephl64"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="josephl64"] why stop on the vita when you can play it on both? :)

ah, I really couldn't care less...they were put off the second I said I don't play Halo, Call of Duty, or sports games.

My dorm mates are always in my room. We play Mario Kart DD, SoulCalibur II, and SSBB. :P They know I play JRPGs but this is a little too niche for me to play on the big screen. :)
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 josephl64

ah makes sense, my dorm mates just watch me play and be like "whoa you can do that?" etc. But we do have a gaming meetup every friday at our Uni. which lasts 9 hours so that's where I get all my Smash Bros. time in

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wakefulness

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]Don't you want to join the cult of Miku? 

YOU DYE NAO!

freedomfreak

It looks blue in that picture :( I wouldn't look so good pulling off that haircut though.

Do you cosplay? :O

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 josephl64

oh the everlasting debate which appears everywhere, the commercials and official art state that it's supposed to be blue, but some artists say it's teal.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
Day fvcking one!!!!!!11!111!!!!!!1!
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Arach666

Well the Yakuza series has already been release overseas unlike Diva. Not sure how well the Yakuza has done overseas but I guessing the latest installments didn't do well enough for Sega.

Wanderer5

Apparently it´s because Dead Souls didn´t do very well,wich is no fvcking surprise since it was a fairly mediocre spin off,but the main series always did fairly well in the west.

It would´ve been a lot better if they ported Kenzan instead of DS,it looked much better and a lot closer to a Yakuza main series game gameplay wise(with a different,fresh setting),but nooooo...

But apparently this Diva thing actually sells out concerts in the west lol,maybe it´s more profitable for sega I guess. :(

Tykain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tykain
Member since 2008 • 3887 Posts

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Arach666

Apparently it´s because Dead Souls didn´t do very well,wich is no fvcking surprise since it was a fairly mediocre spin off,but the main series always did fairly well in the west.

It would´ve been a lot better if they ported Kenzan instead of DS,it looked much better and a lot closer to a Yakuza main series game gameplay wise(with a different,fresh setting),but nooooo...

But apparently this Diva thing actually sells out concerts in the west lol,maybe it´s more profitable for sega I guess. :(

Well it's just a rhythm game, so there is very little to translate, just some menus and not much else i guess. That's why it's probably economicaly viable for them to bring the game to the west while Yakuza is a lot more work to translate and get English voice so they need to sell a lot more copies to make it worthwhile. it's not just about how many copies of the games they can sell, but how many they can sell relative to the cost of porting the game.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="Wanderer5"]

Tykain

Well it's just a rhythm game, so there is very little to translate, just some menus and not much else i guess. That's why it's probably economicaly viable for them to bring the game to the west while Yakuza is a lot more work to translate and get English voice so they need to sell a lot more copies to make it worthwhile. it's not just about how many copies of the games they can sell, but how many they can sell relative to the cost of porting the game.

I haven´t really looked at what Diva is but yeah,that being the case it does make sense for sure.

Yakuza 5 would only need english text translation,the voice acting has always been left in japanese since the second game so at least they wouldn´t need to spend any money on voice talent.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

is this game any good? never played it lol

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 josephl64

I know I enjoyed it on vita and it was my first rhythm game, also who says Yakuza and Project Diva can't both come out? I'm pretty sure 5 will, but it will take a while and may be an E3 thing

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I can't believe they might bring this boring pointless garbage game (if you can even call that sht a game) but not Yakuza 5. Stupid weaboos and their godawful taste....    :evil:

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hexashadow13

[QUOTE="Tykain"][QUOTE="Arach666"]

Arach666

I haven´t really looked at what Diva is but yeah,that being the case it does make sense for sure.

Yakuza 5 would only need english text translation,the voice acting has always been left in japanese since the second game so at least they wouldn´t need to spend any money on voice talent.

No voice talent needed specifically for the game ever : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9xKwrIShySQ

There's no need for any English translation in this other than menus. Rather, if they put in English songs no one would buy it probably as the software was never designed for English and thus attempts to use it as such usually end in failure.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

[QUOTE="Tykain"][QUOTE="Arach666"]

Arach666

You do realize that Sega also had to pay licensing fees for the dub outside of Japan also right? Japanese dubs are licensed for Japan when a company puts in dual audio or like Sega brings Yakuza to the West with Japanese only dub they have to pay fees per region to use the voice talents work. That is one of the main reasons alot of JRPG's don't get dual audio even when fans beg for it.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
is this like DJ max fever?
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 freedomfreak  Online
Do you cosplay? :Owakefulness
No, I don't :P
josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 josephl64
is this like DJ max fever?FinalFighters
not exactly, I mean you do respond to buttons shown on the screen, but here is a vid of a song if you are curious as to what it's like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp43GfWg66w
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
I would only get this out of the fact I have a weird obsession for rhythm games.
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wanderer5

For those that have a JP account, there a demo that been released today.

josephl64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 josephl64

Wanderer5
I somehow missed that, thanks for the heads up
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Wanderer5

omg, must create one now

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I would support but I'm not making a facebook account.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts
[QUOTE="FinalFighters"]is this like DJ max fever?josephl64
not exactly, I mean you do respond to buttons shown on the screen, but here is a vid of a song if you are curious as to what it's like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp43GfWg66w

yea, i like those types of button prompted rhythem games. Thanks
SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Hey! The demo was actually fun! But, I would rather have Yakuza, Valkyria Chronicles, and Shining come over this :( But hey, better than nothing XD
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Honestly, I can't say I'm surprised by this Miku thing's popularity in the west. I've seen shirts for the franchise in an FYE store at my local mall, which I've never known as a niche store or anything. And of course there's the fact Japanese stuff certainly does have a large audience in the west.