SEGA publish 13 3DS and 4 Wii U games in new fiscal year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3518 posts) -

Source

We have Sonic Boom for the Wii U, that's one (unless we count Bayonetta 2, then two).

To be honest, the 3DS thing surprises me since the last 3DS game they launched was Persona Q and I don't know what else they're releasing for that.

Thoughts OT?

#2 Edited by Telekill (4979 posts) -

My thoughts are that with news of Sega's large financial hit, granted it mostly being from a lack of releases, that they put too much stock in Nintendo systems saving their company.

Being an old school gamer, the irony of the above statement is not lost on me.

#3 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3518 posts) -

@Telekill:
Wait until Sonic Boom comes out, I honestly think that's going to tank.
I just want a new NiGHTS game, but knowing them they'll just rely on ATLUS for the time being.

#4 Edited by yokofox33 (30188 posts) -

And none of them will be Valkyria Chronicles titles...

#5 Posted by Telekill (4979 posts) -

@SonicNextGen2: A new Nights game would be interesting. I'm actually looking into buying Sonic Boom for my 7 year old on 3DS for Christmas. She enjoyed Sonic Generations (PS3).

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3728 posts) -

They support Nintendo well.

#7 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3518 posts) -

@Telekill: Surprisingly, I showed the footage to my 8 year old cousin and he said it looked like a ripoff from the Nicktoons game, he's kind of right.

@princessgomez92: The majority of their games sell better on Nintendo consoles anyways, so no surprise.

#8 Posted by Ballroompirate (23586 posts) -

You have one job sega, release Shenmue 3

#10 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1401 posts) -

Sega and Nintendo working together, why is that a surprise.

#11 Posted by Gue1 (11008 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Where is more Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, and Skies of Arcadia?

they love to kill great franchise and make it up with mediocre ones. That's Sega's way of the ninja.

#12 Posted by PapaTrop (1710 posts) -

Sega of Japan seems really disconnected from the rest of the world, so I guess it makes sense that they release more games on the most successful systems in Japan.

It's not really doing anything for their overall success though.

#13 Posted by Wiiboxstation (352 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Where is more Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, and Skies of Arcadia?

i have given up hope on these games coming out

#14 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3518 posts) -

@farrell2k: @Gue1: @wiiboxstation:
They actually recently released a new Crazy Taxi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezSexHa30SU

#15 Posted by Raptor_Herc (279 posts) -

Maybe Nintendo'll let them have another go at F-Zero.

#16 Posted by Ghost120x (4095 posts) -

I would die of a heart attack if these games were released on 3ds:

Skies of arcadia

jet set radio

Phantasy star

Valkyria chronicles

#17 Posted by charizard1605 (60270 posts) -

I'm assuming they will rely on Atlus, who seem to have a pretty big hard on for Nintendo systems.

#18 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5995 posts) -

SMTV? SMTXFE?

#19 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

@Telekill said:

My thoughts are that with news of Sega's large financial hit, granted it mostly being from a lack of releases, that they put too much stock in Nintendo systems saving their company.

Being an old school gamer, the irony of the above statement is not lost on me.

They make the most money on the PC these days,that´s what´s making sega larger profits,not nintendo. Certainly not the other consoles where they released really good games like Valkyria Chronicles,vanquish,Bayonetta,Yakuza,etc and all sold like crap.

#20 Posted by kitty (114948 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

And none of them will be Valkyria Chronicles titles...

I want another VC for ps3 :(

#22 Edited by lamprey263 (24995 posts) -

Well, I'm certainly looking forward to Persona Q.

#23 Posted by CTR360 (7318 posts) -

i need shenmue 3

#24 Posted by superbuuman (3124 posts) -

Im guessing majority will be Japan only..with 1 or 2 release to the west. :P

#25 Posted by drekula2 (2930 posts) -

I wish SEGA would commit on releasing 2 or 3 quality titles a year instead of 10-15 okay ones.

#26 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3518 posts) -

@Raptor_Herc: AAACK, don't remind me.
@superbuuman: With buying ATLUS and the Project Diva/Mirai localizations, I feel like they're slowly climbing the right track, hopefully they'll allow for the new Shining/Phantasy Star/Yakuza games to follow suite, they could learn something about localizations as they have bought one of the best companies at doing so.
@drekula2: I can imagine the reason they aren't doing that is because they're losing more money than gaining it and so that's to make up for their profits.
@charizard1605: They're going to make a ton of money on Persona 5, that's been in the Top 5 Most Wanted in Famitsu since god knows when, I would love if ATLUS made Persona 5 for the Wii U as a multiplat :P