Seems Reggie was right about the Xbox One and PS4.

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Both consoles, if you look at all the sales data, sold great numbers, however, the current sales pace is at 45%, that is lower than the 32% drop the Wii u has after its intial sales.

Reggie was right, the new systems hit that sales wall and the Wii U will probably be the leader for a very long time. it has better games and the controller can act as a virtual GPU to transfer memory to the Wii u creating graphics like project X at 60fps 1080p, something only Forza has accomplished (constantly) so far this new gen.

People laughed when I posted that thread with reggie but nw it seems true. Combine that with short supply for demand and it will get worse.

At best Wii u will be 8 million next year with PS4 and Xbox One around 5 million maybe.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

I disagree.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Are you using vgchartz.com TC to determne this.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@super600 said:

LOLVChartz.

-Beatz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 -Beatz-
Member since 2006 • 2677 Posts

They've already sold more together in little under two months than the Wii U has in a year. I guess if you pad both of them out separately onto a timeline, that's something under four months. Not to mention the Wii U came out much earlier, and didn't have two other consoles competing with it for the public's attention as a new console.

Oh, and yeah, it's been out way longer, it has more games. If anything, the gap between the PS4 and XB1 will close in the coming months, instead of widening.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

TC, x1 AND ps4 will be dozens of millions in front of WiiU, so calm your tits and be prepared for colossal WiiiiiiiiiiU failure which is already happening live

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jakandsigz

@super600 said:

I am using Reggies official numbers and official records from Sony and MS (with NPD in the middle)

Now Rabbit, I always told you to stop trying to crap that bag of trix.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

After Reggie Congratulated Sony and MS on their new consoles and then told them they're going to need games, he's lost all credibility and rights to be taken seriously.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Really? Super Mario 3D World go outsold by Knack... They have almost overtaken the lifetime sales for Wii U in a month. Wii U is lucky if it gets over million at the end of the fiscal year if Smash Bros and Mario Kart are a success. Those are the only shining lights Wii U has going for it. Donkey Kong will be good aswell, but it's not a system seller

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Really? Super Mario 3D World go outsold by Knack... They have almost overtaken the lifetime sales for Wii U in a month. Wii U is lucky if it gets over million at the end of the fiscal year if Smash Bros and Mario Kart are a success. Those are the only shining lights Wii U has going for it. Donkey Kong will be good aswell, but it's not a system seller

*in UK

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Last_Ride

@MonsieurX said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

*in UK

True, but still Knack is a new IP. Mario is the biggest character in the industry. This doesn't exactly bode well. The game looks great, but doesn't have the sales

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

The PS4 is probably going to surpass Wii U by early to mid 2014. Game over Nintendont

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The_Last_Ride

@Jakandsigz said:

@super600 said:

I am using Reggies official numbers and official records from Sony and MS (with NPD in the middle)

Now Rabbit, I always told you to stop trying to crap that bag of trix.

NPD doesn't take Europe into account you know...

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I know the sheep want the wii u to do well but it don't look good. The ps4 has more pre-orders at gamestop than the wii u has sales.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@betamaxx83 said:

The PS4 is probably going to surpass Wii U by early to mid 2014. Game over Nintendont

Why would it be game over for Nintendo?

Wii badly outsold both consoles last gen and it still wasn't game over for Sony and M$ :|

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I wouldn't be surprised if sales drop pretty drastically in the near future.

That's just the gaming culture of today. Things get pre-ordered in higher and higher numbers, but lifetime sales seem to get lower and lower.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@treedoor said:

I wouldn't be surprised if sales drop pretty drastically in the near future.

That's just the gaming culture of today. Things get pre-ordered in higher and higher numbers, but lifetime sales seem to get lower and lower.

What? Overall sales records are constantly being broken

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Dude they are on pace to outsell the Wii U. They are both selling like crazy while not being released worldwide yet while the wii u is barely selling. The ps4 can't Meet demand at the moment. I own a wii u and it is great but I'm not in denial when it comes to sales.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Drawing conclusions based on percentage statistics after consoles launched with record breaking amounts of units is... I'll let you fill in the blank.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Does anyone know how many consoles have been sold? because if we don't have any official numbers, then this is pointless.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

hehe Do be mad that by march they will both sold more then wii u

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

Does anyone know how many consoles have been sold? because if we don't have any official numbers, then this is pointless.

i bet it's at least 3 million each. easily at6 least sony if they have enough systems made. Ms/sonny released week later or so saying they sold 2m and it's been nearly month now

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

@MonsieurX: Umm the Wii was a fad. When I say "game over", Nintendont won't catch Sony or MilkingSoft. Of course Nintendont will be around it still makes profit, but the Wii U will not get lucky this time around. People expect powerful hardware, online multiplayer, services and once again key things they are lacking on heavily on. It's 2013 and the consumers expect better things. Not to mention Nintendont has like in the past virtually no third-party support.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

XBox One definitely hit a sales wall, PS4 continues to sell out almost instantly. So no, Reggie was not right about the PS4. As far as 5 million units, PS4 will sell that many as soon as they produce 5 million consoles. Which will probably be around February. XBox One will likely sell 5 million around the time Titanfall comes out.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Just stop flipfloping. dude. And learn how to make a good thread.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

*in UK

True, but still Knack is a new IP. Mario is the biggest character in the industry. This doesn't exactly bode well. The game looks great, but doesn't have the sales

I'd be hesitant to use the Knack example. It's a launch game on a system that has little to offer on day 1. Effectively you're saying PS4 sales vs Mario 3D World. Even if a quarter of PS4 owners bought Knack, it'd still outsell Mario.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

@trugs26 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

*in UK

I'd be hesitant to use the Knack example. It's a launch game on a system that has little to offer on day 1. Effectively you're saying PS4 sales vs Mario 3D World. Even if a quarter of PS4 owners bought Knack, it'd still outsell Mario.

So? Does that mean that even less than a quarter of Wii U owner actually bought SM3DW?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trugs26

@rjdofu said:

@trugs26 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

*in UK

So? Does that mean that even less than a quarter of Wii U owner actually bought SM3DW?

My point is that on launch, people want something to buy. If there isn't much on offer on launch day, there'll be certain games that will sell. For example, if Knack released say next year, it'd probably do a lot worse than selling on launch day due to what else is on offer. Another example is Street Fighter 4 on 3DS becoming a million seller. Why did this happen? Because it was the only recognizable and decent looking game on launch day. I highly doubt this game would've sold that much if it released later on, even with the larger install base.

Bottom line is that Mario did not sell on launch day - so it did not get the launch hysteria to push sales. Knack did.

I'm not saying the Mario sales are amazing or anything, I'm just saying that the Knack example is a bad example.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

Both consoles, if you look at all the sales data, sold great numbers, however, the current sales pace is at 45%, that is lower than the 32% drop the Wii u has after its intial sales.

Reggie was right, the new systems hit that sales wall and the Wii U will probably be the leader for a very long time. it has better games and the controller can act as a virtual GPU to transfer memory to the Wii u creating graphics like project X at 60fps 1080p, something only Forza has accomplished (constantly) so far this new gen.

People laughed when I posted that thread with reggie but nw it seems true. Combine that with short supply for demand and it will get worse.

At best Wii u will be 8 million next year with PS4 and Xbox One around 5 million maybe.

If sony had 5 million units by now it would have outsell the wii U silly,there are no consoles to sell at least no PS4,as soon as they hit retailers they are gone,the PS4 is probably close to 3 million now if not over it already and has little over a month on the market.

The comment about the graphics is a stupid as it can be,the Wii U is weak sauce even the damn PS3 did 1080p 60 FPS,and Forza is a Racing game is basically the only thing the xbox one can do at 1080p racing games and sports.

Stop making stupid threads.

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

After Reggie Congratulated Sony and MS on their new consoles and then told them they're going to need games, he's lost all credibility and rights to be taken seriously.

wait what? lol ummmm a console does need games lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 The_Last_Ride

@trugs26 said:

@rjdofu said:

@trugs26 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

*in UK

My point is that on launch, people want something to buy. If there isn't much on offer on launch day, there'll be certain games that will sell. For example, if Knack released say next year, it'd probably do a lot worse than selling on launch day due to what else is on offer. Another example is Street Fighter 4 on 3DS becoming a million seller. Why did this happen? Because it was the only recognizable and decent looking game on launch day. I highly doubt this game would've sold that much if it released later on, even with the larger install base.

Bottom line is that Mario did not sell on launch day - so it did not get the launch hysteria to push sales. Knack did.

I'm not saying the Mario sales are amazing or anything, I'm just saying that the Knack example is a bad example.

Bigger install base mate. You can't justfify it by "it's the only game there for that console" argument. Wii U had millions of Wii U's out before this system was announced. Giving it the same release date as PS4 didn't make it any favors and shows how ignorant Nintendo is. The last Mario games sold well, so this one should have done that aswell. Even now there are more Wii U's out there, and they aren't buying the games like SM3W.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35  Edited By timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

No. Just no.
If Sony and Microsoft could get enough consoles out by the end of the year they would pass Nintendo up. Seems you live in the same world Nintendo does TC. A world of delusion and denial.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50547 Posts

This would make sense if Ps4 were sitting on shelves

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

It's the games that matter and what will ultimately sell the consoles. Even if Sony or MS have a first party game drought they will still get good games coming in each month because they have the third parties full support. With games like Witcher, Final Fantasy, Fallout, They will have a steady flow of massive selling games coming in.

Since the wii u has very little support from third party, Nintendo have to pump out all the games for the Wii u and they can only do so much. Which means long release dates, game droughts.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

ps4s are more difficult to come by so the drop off should be based on that.

the bones is a different topic. even though it has the better exclusives, its not selling out in my district. you can find one in a lot of stores and my work has about 20 which has been there all week. maybe its the price tag, but a lot of gamers come in asking for ps4s instead of xb1s...i say 15 to 1

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

Note that Tomb Raider Definitive Edition for X1 is running at 1080p and includes AMD's software IP e.g. TressFX. http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/09/tomb-raider-definitive-edition-xbox-one-runs-at-native-1080p/

Improvements with Tomb Raider Definitive Edition from http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-18-tomb-raider-definitive-edition-is-more-than-a-facelift-dev-insists

"But even for existing hardcore fans, we are confident in the offering we have as an excellent enhanced experience above and beyond what we'd previously provided. We wouldn't bring it to you all if we felt otherwise. You are the reasons we do what we do."

Other work done to the game includes up-rezzed geometry and textures, but it's clear Lara has enjoyed the most attention. Special materials were added that dynamically change when she wades through mud, gets blood on her, and when it rains or she is wet. The TressFX tech was "custom written and optimised for Lara this first-time out for us on next-gen as we hadn't ever done it before on consoles", Amos explained.

"The amount of extra work - three studios and a full year of development - have pushed the boundaries beyond just TressFX and upgraded textures.

"We now have a new particle system, new lighting work and enhanced shadow-casters, tons of more visual storytelling elements (more debris, more details on walls, more density in the environment for vegetation), upgraded characters (Lara and main story NPCs), and we've also put all of the DLC materials into this version for PS4/Xbox One.

Improvements with AMD's TressFX from http://www.gamefront.com/amd-tressfx-2-is-coming-soon/

TressFX is AMD’s realistic hair rendering technology which renders and simulates the physics of thousands of individual strands of hair. It was first used in Crystal Dynamic’s Tomb Raider, released earlier this year. Now AMD is introducing TressFX 2.0, a newer version of TressFX with better performance and easier integration into games. Additionally research is now being done to use TressFX for other things besides hair, like grass and fur. In this talk we will cover how TressFX rendering and physics works, the improvements made in TressFX 2.0, and the research which will be used in future products.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Stupid. PS3 sold 10 million in it's first full 12 months without a killer app. PS4 will sell way more. It already has killer apps. It will continue to get them next year as well

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

PS4 and XB1 have been out just a little over a month, the wiiu has been out over a year. In that like 6 week time period ps4 and XB1 have individually sold over half of what the wiiu has in its entire life. And we haven't even gotten holiday sales estimations yet for those 2 systems that have been selling out consistently while you can still find wiiu "limited" edition consoles everywhere.

ImDaMan4Realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ImDaMan4Realz
Member since 2013 • 97 Posts

The TC is trolling....anyways, if the ps4 and x1 is a fad then what is the wii ewww? DOA?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

With major games , exclusives or not for both consoles around the corner ? And you dare to compare Wii U with PS4/X1 ? You and Reggie should go to a clinic ! :P

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

So you wanna debate statistics without even posting a graph? You're implying that ps4/X1 are at 45% of it's total monthly sales now, as compared to Wii U's 68% after the same period of time. You do realize that the 45% could amount to say....500,000 units, while the Wii U's 68% could be maybe 150,000 units because it sold poorly from the start? If this is the case, the Wii U will be overtaken in no time, and have no chance whatsoever in maintaining a lead.

The ps4 and X1, having sold millions in the first month due to hype and high anticipation, will naturally also see a more severe drop over time. A severe drop doesn't automatically mean that the subsequent sales is bad in absolute magnitude.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By trugs26

@The_Last_Ride said:

@trugs26 said:

@rjdofu said:

@trugs26 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MonsieurX said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

*in UK

Bigger install base mate. You can't justfify it by "it's the only game there for that console" argument. Wii U had millions of Wii U's out before this system was announced. Giving it the same release date as PS4 didn't make it any favors and shows how ignorant Nintendo is. The last Mario games sold well, so this one should have done that aswell. Even now there are more Wii U's out there, and they aren't buying the games like SM3W.

You're saying that the biggest console launch in history is refuted by a consoles install base which is very lakcluster? That's a ridiculous rebuttal.

Also, I don't even understand why you would even try to contest my point. There has to be an explanation on why the biggest mascot in gaming was outsold. It's not magic. There must be an explanation, and I think I provided the most probable.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jakandsigz

@tormentos said:

@Jakandsigz said:

If sony had 5 million units by now it would have outsell the wii U silly,there are no consoles to sell at least no PS4,as soon as they hit retailers they are gone,the PS4 is probably close to 3 million now if not over it already and has little over a month on the market.

The comment about the graphics is a stupid as it can be,the Wii U is weak sauce even the damn PS3 did 1080p 60 FPS,and Forza is a Racing game is basically the only thing the xbox one can do at 1080p racing games and sports.

Stop making stupid threads.

So you just insulted the PS4 by saying it is struggling to achieve a constant 60fps at 1080p when the PS3 did not.

You also know that Forza is not the only 1080p 60fps game on X1.

you troll so badly for no reasons it's sad. Not to mention this is based off Reggies statement.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

So you just insulted the PS4 by saying it is struggling to achieve a constant 60fps at 1080p when the PS3 did not.

You also know that Forza is not the only 1080p 60fps game on X1.

you troll so badly for no reasons it's sad. Not to mention this is based off Reggies statement.

Only a moron will think that the power require to run a 1080p game at 60 FPS on a last gen console,is even close to the power require to do that now.

Every games can run at 1080p 60FPS but with what visuals is the real question,nintendo having a 1080p game that runs at 60FPS mean nothing the game look like a PS3 game.

Yeah and the same thing with Forza is a non demanding game with every effect faked,and cartboard people as spectators.

Actually you are the sad troll and Reggie is as irrelevant as Rare is now,the Wii U will be surpass by probably march next year.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Reggie forgot, Nintendo had 1 year head start, which they pretty much wasted...Xbone & PS4 just came out when?...give them both a year..then see if Reggie is correct. :p

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Nice link in the OP. Very informative.