Scream Ride HYPE! thread Meets Hype 7/10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Build it, ride it, break it!!!

I wanna kill all of my riders!!!!!!

What you build can also be destroyed

Screamride is a full-featured, physics-based coaster game where creativity and destruction are equally welcomed. This game features stunning high definition graphics, hundreds of customizable building components, physics-based destruction, cinematic collisions, unlockable levels, in-game leaderboards, global rankings and more.*

ScreamRide bringing futuristic roller coasters and destruction to Xbox in spring 2015

ScreamRidewill bring futuristic amusement parks exclusively to Xbox consoles in spring 2015, creator Frontier Developments announced at Microsoft's Gamescom 2014 press conference.

Set in the near future, an introductory video showed characters riding in twisting, player-built roller coasters. Surrounded by destructible environments, the ScreamRide trailer encouraged players to break the laws of physics, rocketing players off the tracks and into towering white structures that crumble upon impact.

Frontier Developments' other projects include Elite: Dangerous, Kinectimals, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and Zoo Tycoon. For more on Xbox at Gamescom 2014, be sure to follow along in our StoryStream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfhRRRv7Q8k

I basically made this because Swag said lemmings hyped this 8 or 9. So I aked for a link to what we all know never really happened. So here ya go. I for one believe this is over priced at $40 and probably wont be looking to buy it until its on sale or at $20. But I do like the meta game, so I will say Hype is 8/10.

Reviewed 7/10

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 cainetao11

I like this pic and will use it if the game is a free fall flop, lol

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

My hype is 7/10 at most.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

$40 for this disney land simulator lmao I rather just watch the order

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Going with a 5.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cainetao11

@Salt_The_Fries said:

My hype is 7/10 at most.

Yeah it looks like if you love the whole you can create all this stuff kind of thing you may really enjoy it. I had some fun on the demo. It really is the kind of game my nephew would go ape shit about considering how much he loves building stuff. I went 8/10 because what fun is the Hype game if you aren't rolling the dice? And 8/10 is a gamble on this, LOL

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I follow developers and this developer has made nothing I liked.

Their games on metacritic are range from 49/100 to the highs of 60s/100. A couple of 70s. They have been making games for a decade plus. There is nothing exceptional about Frontier, but anything can happen with a new game. Their best and highest rated stuff was for iOs and Wiiware DD games where they got in the 80/100 range. The Mobile market and Wii DD market. Their games must seem godly compared to the utter sh** that is available to buy on iPhone.

This developer is no stranger to rollercoaster vidya games having made Thrillville, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Coaster Crazy over the decade. The studio that brought us the lower scoring and easily forgotten: Kinectimals, Kinectimals with Bears, Zoo Tycoon, and Disneyland Kinect.

My HYPE is based on GS's previous history with this studio. What the devs, Frontier, have done so far (as I've always played the metagame) and right now It's a 7/10 at best...

For the record, their last game released for Xbone got a 6/10 and released in 2013 at Xbone launch. LINK to review. Who knows though, this game could be really good and they could surprise me. That would be nice for a change, actually being surprised by the industry.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Salt_The_Fries

^ My God, they did Elite Dangerous which scored 80 on Metacritic, how could you omit that?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cainetao11

@SolidTy said:

Their games on metacritic are range from 49/100 to the highes of 60s/100. A couple of 70s. They have been making games for a decade plus. There is nothing exceptional about Frontier, but anything can happen with a new game. Their best and highest rated stuff was for iOs and Wii where they got in the 80/100 range. The Mobile market. Their games seem godly compared to the utter sh** that is available to buy on iPhone.

My HYPE is based for GS on what they have done so far (as I've always played the metagame) and right now It's a 7/10 at best...

For the record, their last game released for Xbone got a 6/10 and released in 2013 at Xbone launch. LINK to review. Who knows though, this game could be really good and they could surprise me. That would be nice for a change, actually being surprised by the industry.

It does seem like surprises are a mythical thing now. I have read up on them as well bro, a mediocre resume as devs no doubt. I am bored and wanted to have some fun on here tonight. I went 8/10 because its like finding that 4 leaf clover, but what the hell. If by some miracle it hit that high I'll feel like I did after my 9-7 Giants beat the 18-0 Patriots in the Superbowl, LOL

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

Are you sure you follow them?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Frontier games. Meh. Was so hyped for elite until they decided to make it always online. Stupid Braben.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cainetao11

@ghostwarrior786 said:

$40 for this disney land simulator lmao I rather just watch the order

I tried that today. I'll take this demo over watching the Order. Snooze fest across the hall in Flatbush, Brooklyn folks

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Salt_The_Fries

I liked creation and destruction modules but riding the coaster has been meh. What else comes out in March? Ori? I think someone else from editorial staff "preordered" it so I might be getting ScreamRide as a reviewer's copy instead.

BTW now my influence is so deep that CD Projekt (not the dev but their games shop) sent me a Diablo 3 promo. How cool is that?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SolidTy

@Salt_The_Fries:

^ I omitted many games they did as I'm not writing out their entire history. I wrote what was relevant to their history with their latest Xbone rollercoaster game.

As I said they have been making games for over a decade. I'm not going to go over their work piece by piece when they don't all apply.

I did mention they hit 80/100 though, but Thrillride is nothing like Elite Dangerous for PC/iOS and much more in tune with their other RollyCoasta games like Thrillville, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Coaster Crazy over the decade. Frontier's latest game is combining their years of rollercoaster games with what Frontier learned with creating games for Kinect. This is the studio that brought us the lower scoring and easily forgotten: Kinectimals, Kinectimals with Bears, Zoo Tycoon, and Disneyland Kinect.

Another problem I have with this game is that it's a another cross gen 360 game which isn't very exciting for me personally.

Are you sure you follow them?

Yes, I play every single shitty game made by low grade mediocre developers. Yes, I have the time to literally play every single shitty game ever made.

I said I follow developers meaning I know who's behind a product before I play it. This isn't a semantics course, lol. :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

Their games on metacritic are range from 49/100 to the highs of 60s/100. A couple of 70s. They have been making games for a decade plus. There is nothing exceptional about Frontier, but anything can happen with a new game. Their best and highest rated stuff was for iOs and Wiiware DD games where they got in the 80/100 range. The Mobile market and Wii DD market. Their games must seem godly compared to the utter sh** that is available to buy on iPhone.

This developer is no stranger to rollercoaster vidya games having made Thrillville, Rollercoaster Tycoon, and Coaster Crazy over the decade. The studio that brought us the lower scoring and easily forgotten: Kinectimals, Kinectimals with Bears, Zoo Tycoon, and Disneyland Kinect.

My HYPE is based on GS's previous history with this studio. What the devs, Frontier, have done so far (as I've always played the metagame) and right now It's a 7/10 at best...

It does seem like surprises are a mythical thing now. I have read up on them as well bro, a mediocre resume as devs no doubt. I am bored and wanted to have some fun on here tonight. I went 8/10 because its like finding that 4 leaf clover, but what the hell. If by some miracle it hit that high I'll feel like I did after my 9-7 Giants beat the 18-0 Patriots in the Superbowl, LOL

Personally, I would LOVE this game to be some sort of super AAA game. That would be hilarious and awesome. Smiles for miles!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Game doesn't even deserve a hype thread.

The demo was fun but can't see this getting any higher than a 5. I don't know if the budget price will be reflected in the review.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#18 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Hype thread for this? Could be fun but nahhhh for me

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#20 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

A

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cainetao11

@RR360DD said:

Game doesn't even deserve a hype thread.

The demo was fun but can't see this getting any higher than a 5. I don't know if the budget price will be reflected in the review.

HEY!!! I'm bored OK?!!!! LOL

@blamix99 said:

Hype thread for this? Could be fun but nahhhh for me

Yeah why not? The meta game is fun to play. Probably more fun than this or the Boredor 1886

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Salt_The_Fries

Let me guess, you're drunk again xD

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cainetao11

@Salt_The_Fries said:

lol ahh so what

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Salt_The_Fries

@cainetao11 said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

lol ahh so what

Nah, nothing, I wish people on SW were more playful at times, and not so upright all the time xD.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#25  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I don't wanna be negative, but...

Hey guys remember Rollercoaster Tycoon?

Remember Rollercoaster Tycoon?

We're not making that!