SCEA Marketing Is Brilliant with God of War 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
Very strategic.  I know someone who recently bought a PS2 to play God of War 1 and 2, because he saw the movie 300 and it got him pumped to play the game. I know this has to be the case elsewhere. +1
Toaster_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Toaster_Cell
Member since 2006 • 3062 Posts
Yeah now I regret giving my friend my PS2. He broke it too...:(
bryehngeocef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#3 bryehngeocef
Member since 2003 • 2281 Posts
Very strategic. I know someone who recently bought a PS2 to play God of War 1 and 2, because he saw the movie 300 and it got him pumped to play the game. I know this has to be the case elsewhere. +1KeyWii
What does that have to do with SCEA's marketing? Are you trying to tell me that they released God off War II to coincide with the release of a Warner Bros. movie in hopes of selling more games? God of War II marketed itself by simply existing. Just about everyone that played the first game will want to play the sequel.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Very strategic. I know someone who recently bought a PS2 to play God of War 1 and 2, because he saw the movie 300 and it got him pumped to play the game. I know this has to be the case elsewhere. +1bryehngeocef
What does that have to do with SCEA's marketing? Are you trying to tell me that they released God off War II to coincide with the release of a Warner Bros. movie in hopes of selling more games? God of War II marketed itself by simply existing. Just about everyone that played the first game will want to play the sequel.

Yep. Thats exactly what I am saying. Strategic release.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
I think God Of War 2, Crackdown, GRAW, Pokemon/Diamond and Pearl, and perhaps even Motorstorm will be the top selling games of March.
Power_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Power_47
Member since 2006 • 731 Posts

Very strategic.  I know someone who recently bought a PS2 to play God of War 1 and 2, because he saw the movie 300 and it got him pumped to play the game. I know this has to be the case elsewhere. +1KeyWii

I blew the dust off my PS2 to play god of war 1 and 2 does that cound (Im being completly serious btw, the thing was actually covered in a thin layer of dust :D)

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="bryehngeocef"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Very strategic. I know someone who recently bought a PS2 to play God of War 1 and 2, because he saw the movie 300 and it got him pumped to play the game. I know this has to be the case elsewhere. +1KeyWii

Yep. Thats exactly what I am saying. Strategic release.

:| can you please surrender your keyboard to the local athorities? you're getting more ridiculous by the hour.
Bandit_Haze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Bandit_Haze
Member since 2005 • 4950 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Very strategic. I know someone who recently bought a PS2 to play God of War 1 and 2, because he saw the movie 300 and it got him pumped to play the game. I know this has to be the case elsewhere. +1bryehngeocef

QFT

sony have nothing to do with warner bros. the fact that god of war 2 is being released around the same time as 300 would be more of a coincidence.. + sony have their own film studio, so they wouldn't deliberatly do anything that can help out a rival film studio

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KeyWii
Since when do you have to own the studio to be able to take advantage of their releases?