SCE Japan are the geniuses, not From Software (undisputable proof inside)

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

2009 -Ninja Blade - Garbage

2009 - Demon's Souls - Best game of all time

2011 - Dark Souls - Garbage

2012 - Steel Battalion - lol

TBA - Dark Souls 2 - Garbage

Armored Core - All garbage

etc.

It can be no coincidence that the only thing they released that was not garbage (GOAT in fact) was also co-developed (or as I showed, QED, had no involvement except putting in framerate issues and garbage like that, QED) with SCE Japan.

/thread

#2 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2166 posts) -

What the hell, Dark Souls garbage? It improved on Demons Souls in almost every way.

#3 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

What the hell, Dark Souls garbage? It improved on Demons Souls in almost every way.

NoirLamia777
It made everything worse. In every way.
#4 Posted by clyde46 (46793 posts) -
Armoured Core? Bad?
#5 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9104 posts) -

I nominate this for the worst post in System Wars history.

#6 Posted by jg4xchamp (48695 posts) -

Dark Souls is fantastic.
Otogi and its sequel were decent-good
3D Dot Game Heroes is fun for what is essentially link to the past with a new paint job.

The lack of "consistency" doesn't overrule the fact that their best work is actually really f*cking good.

#7 Posted by Pray_to_me (2920 posts) -

I agree that Demon Souls was much better but I think it's because it had a longer development cycle.

#8 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
Otogi Otogi 2
#9 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
Enchanted Arms wasn't bad.
#10 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -
Armoured Core? Bad?  clyde46
Since I never heard about it we can only go by reviews.
#11 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

I nominate this for the worst post in System Wars history.

Pikminmaniac
But you like the actual thread?
#13 Posted by Arach666 (23042 posts) -
Both Otogi games are pretty good and they were both xbox exclusives.
#14 Posted by clyde46 (46793 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"]Armoured Core? Bad?  themajormayor

Well go play the games before making a sweeping statement!  Yes, I AMD!
#15 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

Shadow Tower Abyss and the King's Field series are From's best RPGs.

#16 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
King's Field disagrees and so do the Otogi games
#17 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"]Armoured Core? Bad?  themajormayor

You never heard of From Software Demon Souls, have you?
#18 Posted by madsnakehhh (14593 posts) -

Calling Dark Souls garbage is the best way to destroy any sort of credibility in pretty much any gaming forum...then again it's you so is not like we are losing anything to begging with.

#19 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Armoured Core? Bad?  fernandmondego_

Did you actually read my post (it's a very interesting post btw)
#20 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

1) Armored Core isn't trash

2)SCEJ only commissioned Demon's Souls domestically.

#21 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

Calling Dark Souls garbage is the best way to destroy any sort of credibility in pretty much any gaming forum...then again it's you so is not like we are losing anything to begging with.

madsnakehhh
Well Dark Souls is objectively a dissapointment after Demon's Souls. To say the least.
#22 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Since I never heard about it we can only go by reviews.

So that's a no?
#23 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]You never heard of From Software Demon Souls, have you?fernandmondego_

So that's a no?

It's a yes
#24 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

ooo TC just get on the bungie jetpack and leave...img_webmaster.png

#25 Posted by clyde46 (46793 posts) -
Only a Cow could make a sweeping accusation of a games quality based on a review without actually playing it themselves.
#26 Posted by madsnakehhh (14593 posts) -

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

themajormayor

Well Dark Souls is objectively a dissapointment after Demon's Souls. To say the least.

I'll admit that i never played Demon's Souls and that Dark Souls has tons of frustrating parts as well as some really annoying tech issues, however the game also have some really strong points, like atmosphere, combat, enemy design and boss battles, it might or might not be better than Demon's Souls, but is far, far, far from garbage. And i don't think that's debatable.

#27 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

themajormayor

You don't know what "objectively" means, do you?

#28 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="themajormayor"] Did you actually read my post (it's a very interesting post btw)

So that's a no?

It's a yes

That why do you know seem to know so little about them?
#29 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9104 posts) -

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

themajormayor

You do realize it's impossible for anything to be objectively disappointing. Disappointment is a subjective term

#30 Posted by Gue1 (10409 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

Pikminmaniac

You do realize it's impossible for anything to be objectively disappointing. Disappointment is a subjective term

I think you're objectively wrong.

#31 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -
Only a Cow could make a sweeping accusation of a games quality based on a review without actually playing it themselves. clyde46
As a lem you have no saying in any discussin related to gaemz
#32 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

madsnakehhh

I'll admit that i never played Demon's Souls and that Dark Souls has tons of frustrating parts as well as some really annoying tech issues, however the game also have some really strong points, like atmosphere, combat, enemy design and boss battles, it might or might not be better than Demon's Souls, but is far, far, far from garbage. And i don't think that's debatable.

I agree with you. All those are strong points of Dark Souls. But IMO they were all much worse than in Demon's Souls. Especially the atmosphere was almost non-existant in comparison. Of course it's debatable. IMO it's a somewhere 6-8/10 game. And by today's standards that's garbage. Didn't you see that guys sig?
#33 Posted by clyde46 (46793 posts) -
[QUOTE="clyde46"]Only a Cow could make a sweeping accusation of a games quality based on a review without actually playing it themselves. themajormayor

#34 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

Pikminmaniac

Allright allright. It's objectively worse than Demon's Souls. But I think that makes it objectiely a dissapointment.
#35 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -
[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Only a Cow could make a sweeping accusation of a games quality based on a review without actually playing it themselves. clyde46

You're obviously trolling here pal
#36 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

IMO.

Of course it's debatable.

IMO.themajormayor

It's objectively worse than Demon's Souls.themajormayor

You should either make up your mind, or learn what objectively means.

#37 Posted by 15strong (2806 posts) -

NoirLamia777

I love both, but both games have their pros and cons.

I like Dark Souls world better, and it has better unique weapons, and is longer in length.

Demon's Souls has a better upgrade system, beetter magic and miracle usability, and more enemy variety.

#38 Posted by Fossil- (351 posts) -
Dark Souls improved on almost every aspect of Demon's Souls (except framerate lulz) and is the best game of the gen... there goes that argument.
#39 Posted by super600 (30807 posts) -

So anything from From Software that doesn't worship the sony overlords is garbage(this means that From Software has to work with SCE Japan to develop their game).

#40 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

NoirLamia777

It's a multiplat, therefore, it sucks, and spits onto everything Demon's Souls stood for! ;)

Yeah, yeah, makes no sense, but it's the cows, they always followed a simple motto:

"Logic is for p*ssies!"

#41 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

Rocker6

It's a multiplat, therefore, it sucks, and spits onto everything Demon's Souls stood for! ;)

Yeah, yeah, makes no sense, but it's the cows, they always followed a simple motto:

"Logic is for p*ssies!"

Nope. Loved Skyrim and Deus EX from the same year for example. lol accusing cows of lacking logic while pulling one of the most basic logical fallacies? Typical lemming.
#42 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

A topic created by someone who clearly has never played any From Software games not released on PS3.

#43 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

themajormayor

"Logic is for p*ssies!"

Nope. Loved Skyrim and Deus EX from the same year for example. lol accusing cows of lacking logic while pulling one of the most basic logical fallacies? Typical lemming.

Skyrim- Garbage

Human Revolution- Decent

Your taste in games is pretty questionable thus far.

#44 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

"Logic is for p*ssies!"

NeonNinja

Skyrim- Garbage

Human Revolution- Decent

No they are both amazing. Thus my taste in games is not questionable. QED
#45 Posted by walkingdream (4883 posts) -

best game of all time? lol

#46 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

themajormayor

"Logic is for p*ssies!"

Don't even have the 360, also don't remember Skyrim and Deus Ex ever being PS3 exclusive...

But thank you for further backing up my point! :)

#47 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"] Nope. Loved Skyrim and Deus EX from the same year for example. lol accusing cows of lacking logic while pulling one of the most basic logical fallacies? Typical lemming.themajormayor

Skyrim- Garbage

Human Revolution- Decent

You're right, your taste in games isn't questionable. It's sh*t.

#48 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
Do you even try anymore major?
#49 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

"Logic is for p*ssies!"

Rocker6

Don't even have the 360, also don't remember Skyrim and Deus Ex ever being PS3 exclusive...

But thank you for further backing up my point! :)

Uhm that's the point. "It's a multiplat, therefore, it sucks" <---- your strawman. Debunked since: "Loved Skyrim [multiplat] and Deus EX [multiplat]"
#50 Posted by themajormayor (25912 posts) -

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

Skyrim- Garbage

Human Revolution- Decent

NeonNinja

You're right, your taste in games isn't questionable. It's sh*t.

No it's the best taste ever.