Sales Of Xbox 360 Dissapointing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
Face it you self owned your self with your original article, you then got owned hard by sales numbers, you said the ps2 sold 10 million in a year, then you say it sold 20 million before the xbox and gamecube came out? when this was proven wrong by me.

then you post a link to vgcharts, saying thats right, when guess what at the top of that link is HARDWARE shipped.
shipped does not mean sold.

so by your logic, If i we're to createda game tomorow and shipped out 1 million copies and only 1,000 we're purchased from a retailer does that mean i had 1 million sales? lol nope.

your a fake boy whom never owned a 360, and your a fanboyish cow. GOOD DAY SIR!
rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 rocktimusprime
Member since 2006 • 3721 Posts

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]how come cows still believe VGcharts to be even remotely accurate? It was disproven when MS announce the 10 million sold and VG charts had them at only 7 mill. Then when it was proven PS3 hadn't reached past 1.5 million but they had PS3 down at 2.5.....InfamousC

Read my signature. And please get rid of yours. Nextgenwars.com had M$ at 10 million sold even after Peter Moore said what's in my signature. They announced they "sold" 10.4 million at CES.

whats wrong with my signature? plus nextgenwars had ms at over 10 million before ces. all those sites are pretty bogus, if your looking for sales ownage just wait for official numbers, not some bloggers calculations. if you still arent over the sold vs shipped arguemnt by now, you need help. we finished this arguement back when CES ended.
SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts
Why are we comparing the PS2 to the 360? Maybe instead of comparing a system from last gen to one in the current gen, we should compare the 360 to the PS3/Wii, as those are the systems actually in competition NOW. The 360 has the biggest user base. Fact. The 360 has the most games out. Fact. The 360 is selling at the very least equally to the PS3 right now. Fact. If things continue at the same rate, the PS3 will never catch the 360, regardless of whether the PS2 or GBA's sales pwn'd more n00bz. Hell, if things continue at this rate, the Wii will win this generation. The point is, all that matters is what is happening NOW. Even if the 360 isn't selling as well as the PS2 did (and whether it is or isn't, who cares), if it continues to outsell the PS3, it will probably win this generation, which will be a huge shift in power.
rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rocktimusprime
[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]how come cows still believe VGcharts to be even remotely accurate? It was disproven when MS announce the 10 million sold and VG charts had them at only 7 mill. Then when it was proven PS3 hadn't reached past 1.5 million but they had PS3 down at 2.5.....Runningflame570
Because those were shipped numbers and your numbers about PS3 are wrong? VGCharts has never so far as I know had PS3 at 2.5 Million, we can also safely say that PS3 is most definitely above 1.5 million at this point..PS3 has almost that in the US alone by now and has something like 700K in Japan as of last month I believe, VGCharts is more accurate than nexgenwars.

none of those sites are remotely accurate, ps3 should be near 2 mill by now. it should have had a big rush end of feb. i know i sold quite a few. i'd like to see where i cited nexgenwars as being the most accurate site, and the only truth, because i didnt. people jump on anything they can these days on SW, even when you never said it. lol
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]how come cows still believe VGcharts to be even remotely accurate? It was disproven when MS announce the 10 million sold and VG charts had them at only 7 mill. Then when it was proven PS3 hadn't reached past 1.5 million but they had PS3 down at 2.5.....rocktimusprime

Read my signature. And please get rid of yours. Nextgenwars.com had M$ at 10 million sold even after Peter Moore said what's in my signature. They announced they "sold" 10.4 million at CES.

whats wrong with my signature? plus nextgenwars had ms at over 10 million before ces. all those sites are pretty bogus, if your looking for sales ownage just wait for official numbers, not some bloggers calculations. if you still arent over the sold vs shipped arguemnt by now, you need help. we finished this arguement back when CES ended.

'

because thats all cows usually have, cause Sony never gives official sold numbers, they all ways use shipped numbers.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

Wow all those links it must have took you forever to post this. Now look at this one link that shows PS2s WORLDWIDE HARDWARE sales by March 02.

http://www.vgcharts.org/worldcons.php?date=37316&sort=0

WilliamRLBaker

UH OH!!!!!!!!!! SELF OWNAGE!!

At the top of the link you posted

Worldwide Hardware Shipments

Um ok. :roll: I will not even respond to you anymore.

Because I owned you and you self owned.

SHIPMENTS DO NOT EQUAL UNITS SOLD!

Do me a favor. go back and click your links again. You only gave figures for NA. If anyone is doing the self ownage it's you my friend. :D

Idonomeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Idonomeus
Member since 2006 • 2273 Posts

you know ,  I imagine a cow saying this :
"the 360 have sold a pathetic 230k :lol: WHILE THE PS3 have SOLD , AND INCREDIBLE , 120K :shock:"
:P !
Prid3r

It wouldn't surprise me in fact I believe the topic creator is a cow :|

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Deutsche Bank was equally unimpressed with the Xbox 360, however. "Particularly disappointing is Xbox 360 HW sales of 230K in February, which puts its installed base at 5mn or in-line to the original Xbox which was an unproven console and faced substantial competition from the PS2," Patel noted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.qj.net/Jeetil-Patel-problems-and-issues-with-the-next-gen-consoles/pg/49/aid/86487

InfamousC

Dude do you come with a sales thread every day? This is getting annoying
rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 rocktimusprime
[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]how come cows still believe VGcharts to be even remotely accurate? It was disproven when MS announce the 10 million sold and VG charts had them at only 7 mill. Then when it was proven PS3 hadn't reached past 1.5 million but they had PS3 down at 2.5.....WilliamRLBaker

'

because thats all cows usually have, cause Sony never gives official sold numbers, they all ways use shipped numbers.

most all companies give shipped numbers. actual sales numbers are extremely hard to calculate. once you ship it to the ware houses, it's assumed it's going to stores to be sold. in ps3 and 360's case, alot of those are still in the warehouse waiting for retailers to request more. in the wii's case, the warehouses are completely empty, if you could find a wii before april i will be very very suprised.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="Prid3r"]you know ,  I imagine a cow saying this :
"the 360 have sold a pathetic 230k :lol: WHILE THE PS3 have SOLD , AND INCREDIBLE , 120K :shock:"
Hater3000
:lol: he he.

this makes me laugh.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

Wow all those links it must have took you forever to post this. Now look at this one link that shows PS2s WORLDWIDE HARDWARE sales by March 02.

http://www.vgcharts.org/worldcons.php?date=37316&sort=0

InfamousC

UH OH!!!!!!!!!! SELF OWNAGE!!

At the top of the link you posted

Worldwide Hardware Shipments

Um ok. :roll: I will not even respond to you anymore.

Because I owned you and you self owned.

SHIPMENTS DO NOT EQUAL UNITS SOLD!

Do me a favor. go back and click your links again. You only gave figures for NA. If anyone is doing the self ownage it's you my friend. :D

And it took you how long to catch that? By the way heres the cumulitive number for japan.

2,530,500 thats march 2002 by the way. So if ps2 sold 10 million units in a year?
how is it possible that in 12 months ps2 had only sold 1,814,250 in japan, 4,643,500 in america, and 0.67m in europe? hmm does that= 10 millions old? nope!!!

P.S: It took you over 5 minutes to figure out that i only used north american numbers in my ownage of you, But guess what? I knew that all ready:) cause I did the research before hand that japan and europes numbers didn't= your numbers.

So I still owned you.

P.S.S: how long did it take me to figure out that you had used shipped numbers and not actual sales? 2 seconds.

Face it you've been self owned cause of your original post, owned by me because of numbers that prove you wrong, and YOU Self owned again by using a chart that says Worldwide hardware SHIPMENTS and not sales.

Face it SHIPMENTS do not Equal sales no matter how much you wish they do.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts
[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"] none of those sites are remotely accurate, ps3 should be near 2 mill by now. it should have had a big rush end of feb. i know i sold quite a few. i'd like to see where i cited nexgenwars as being the most accurate site, and the only truth, because i didnt. people jump on anything they can these days on SW, even when you never said it. lol

Actually the PS3 numbers seem to be within 100K of the actual figures, perhaps a bit more like 150K..thats still better than the nexgenwars numbers which are off by roughly 300K. According to the numbers I got from the monthly NPDs and VGChart's Japan numbers (which probably aren't off by more than 50-75K) the PS3 is at about 1.97 million.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]how come cows still believe VGcharts to be even remotely accurate? It was disproven when MS announce the 10 million sold and VG charts had them at only 7 mill. Then when it was proven PS3 hadn't reached past 1.5 million but they had PS3 down at 2.5.....rocktimusprime

That makes them look even more unreliable :lol: M$ sold number is to retailers. In other words it's their shipped number.  How could they have sold 10 million by Jan if they only shipped 10.4 million by the end of Dec?

Nextgenwars.com use to randomly update their numbers ever few minutes I can't believe lemmings still have that site in their signatures. LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it would be interesting to bring together information about console sales figures to one thread.

The following information is often posted by some forum members:

http://nexgenwars.com/images/x360_forum2.jpg (http://nexgenwars.com/)
http://nexgenwars.com/images/ps3_forum2.jpg (http://nexgenwars.com/)
http://nexgenwars.com/images/wii_forum2.jpg (http://nexgenwars.com/)

What I'd like to point out is that nextgenwars.com is a completely annonymous source that can not be verified and their numbers appear dubious. At the last check nexgenwars numbers were wired to rise at a rate of around 5xPS3, 55x360 and 550xWii evey minute. To make those figures more readable they are equivalent to 216,000 PS3, 2,376,000 Xbox 360, and 23,760,000 Wii per month. All numbers look a bit unrealistic and I'll talk about it on future posts below.

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/archive/index.php/t-670.html

Also the site had 360 at 10.4 million sold in Jan. even after Peter Moore said they only shipped the systems to retailers. Look at my signature for more ownage.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"][QUOTE="rocktimusprime"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

'

most all companies give shipped numbers. actual sales numbers are extremely hard to calculate. once you ship it to the ware houses, it's assumed it's going to stores to be sold. in ps3 and 360's case, alot of those are still in the warehouse waiting for retailers to request more. in the wii's case, the warehouses are completely empty, if you could find a wii before april i will be very very suprised.

actually rarely does microsoft give shipped numbers, They usually give a big announcement using sales.

Aldojr000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#65 Aldojr000
Member since 2003 • 560 Posts
Really now, who cares at least me im having lots of fun with my XBOX360
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 InfamousC

Why are we comparing the PS2 to the 360? Maybe instead of comparing a system from last gen to one in the current gen, we should compare the 360 to the PS3/Wii, as those are the systems actually in competition NOW. The 360 has the biggest user base. Fact. The 360 has the most games out. Fact. The 360 is selling at the very least equally to the PS3 right now. Fact. If things continue at the same rate, the PS3 will never catch the 360, regardless of whether the PS2 or GBA's sales pwn'd more n00bz. Hell, if things continue at this rate, the Wii will win this generation. The point is, all that matters is what is happening NOW. Even if the 360 isn't selling as well as the PS2 did (and whether it is or isn't, who cares), if it continues to outsell the PS3, it will probably win this generation, which will be a huge shift in power. SeanBond

Heres where you fail. Xbox 360 only sells well in America. 360 sells like crap in Europe and doesn't sell in Japan. PS3 will sell well in all markets.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kcpp2b

[QUOTE="Prid3r"]you know , I imagine a cow saying this :
Idonomeus

It wouldn't surprise me in fact I believe the topic creator is a cow :|

Ofcourse he is, he created a thread about bad 360 sales or good ps3 sales every night now it seems lol.
And I believe we can almost officially put him up there with the likes of KeyWii and Gingerdivid the way he is going lol
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 WilliamRLBaker
Really now, who cares at least me im having lots of fun with my XBOX360Aldojr000

yeah me too im off to play it right now. Infamous will be here for the next few hours.
i'm off to play actual games.  Instead of dreaming of having a ps3 like infamous.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 InfamousC

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]how come cows still believe VGcharts to be even remotely accurate? It was disproven when MS announce the 10 million sold and VG charts had them at only 7 mill. Then when it was proven PS3 hadn't reached past 1.5 million but they had PS3 down at 2.5.....WilliamRLBaker

'

So does M$ did you even read my signature?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="SeanBond"]Why are we comparing the PS2 to the 360? Maybe instead of comparing a system from last gen to one in the current gen, we should compare the 360 to the PS3/Wii, as those are the systems actually in competition NOW. The 360 has the biggest user base. Fact. The 360 has the most games out. Fact. The 360 is selling at the very least equally to the PS3 right now. Fact. If things continue at the same rate, the PS3 will never catch the 360, regardless of whether the PS2 or GBA's sales pwn'd more n00bz. Hell, if things continue at this rate, the Wii will win this generation. The point is, all that matters is what is happening NOW. Even if the 360 isn't selling as well as the PS2 did (and whether it is or isn't, who cares), if it continues to outsell the PS3, it will probably win this generation, which will be a huge shift in power. InfamousC

Heres where you fail. Xbox 360 only sells well in America. 360 sells like crap in Europe and doesn't sell in Japan. PS3 will sell well in all markets.

really ps3 sells like crap in europe? thats funny compared to what? Ps3?

here is the vgcharts numbers for total sales of 360 in europe 2.34 million.
So thats 2,340,000 thats what? 10% of the total american world wide saleS? hmmmm your funny infamous you just need to go home and give up.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

Deutsche Bank was equally unimpressed with the Xbox 360, however. "Particularly disappointing is Xbox 360 HW sales of 230K in February, which puts its installed base at 5mn or in-line to the original Xbox which was an unproven console and faced substantial competition from the PS2," Patel noted. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.qj.net/Jeetil-Patel-problems-and-issues-with-the-next-gen-consoles/pg/49/aid/86487

kcpp2b

Dude do you come with a sales thread every day? This is getting annoying

If it's annoying to you don't click on it.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 kcpp2b

[QUOTE="SeanBond"]Why are we comparing the PS2 to the 360? Maybe instead of comparing a system from last gen to one in the current gen, we should compare the 360 to the PS3/Wii, as those are the systems actually in competition NOW. The 360 has the biggest user base. Fact. The 360 has the most games out. Fact. The 360 is selling at the very least equally to the PS3 right now. Fact. If things continue at the same rate, the PS3 will never catch the 360, regardless of whether the PS2 or GBA's sales pwn'd more n00bz. Hell, if things continue at this rate, the Wii will win this generation. The point is, all that matters is what is happening NOW. Even if the 360 isn't selling as well as the PS2 did (and whether it is or isn't, who cares), if it continues to outsell the PS3, it will probably win this generation, which will be a huge shift in power. InfamousC

So you know the future now. I think this kind of "Sony will sell everywhere, we are the best" kind of thinking is why Sony is doing so bad right now and has a terrible image in the gaming world at the moment. I mean people mock them in news show that have nothing to do with gaming even let alone all the gaming shows and reviewers and writers and critics. Sony came in to this gen thinking they are gods and had no respect for the competition and thought no matter what they do people will flock to them.

That kind of thinking is why the Wii is humiliating them and the 360 has a chance of dethrowing them as well. Both other consoles now well into the game and Sony let them in, they can only blame themselves.
Infamous you should work for Sony cause you basically sound like someone from their PR department
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 InfamousC

And it took you how long to catch that? By the way heres the cumulitive number for japan.

2,530,500 thats march 2002 by the way. So if ps2 sold 10 million units in a year?
how is it possible that in 12 months ps2 had only sold 1,814,250 in japan, 4,643,500 in america, and 0.67m in europe? hmm does that= 10 millions old? nope!!!

P.S: It took you over 5 minutes to figure out that i only used north american numbers in my ownage of you, But guess what? I knew that all ready:) cause I did the research before hand that japan and europes numbers didn't= your numbers.

So I still owned you.

P.S.S: how long did it take me to figure out that you had used shipped numbers and not actual sales? 2 seconds.

Face it you've been self owned cause of your original post, owned by me because of numbers that prove you wrong, and YOU Self owned again by using a chart that says Worldwide hardware SHIPMENTS and not sales.

Face it SHIPMENTS do not Equal sales no matter how much you wish they do.

WilliamRLBaker

Um actually I caught it right when you posted it it just took me awhile to post it but what does that matter. You self owned yourself and are trying to flip it.

Last time I checked neither M$, Nintendo, or Sony give sales numbers they all only give shipment numbers. vgcharts is the sales data.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="SeanBond"]Why are we comparing the PS2 to the 360? Maybe instead of comparing a system from last gen to one in the current gen, we should compare the 360 to the PS3/Wii, as those are the systems actually in competition NOW. The 360 has the biggest user base. Fact. The 360 has the most games out. Fact. The 360 is selling at the very least equally to the PS3 right now. Fact. If things continue at the same rate, the PS3 will never catch the 360, regardless of whether the PS2 or GBA's sales pwn'd more n00bz. Hell, if things continue at this rate, the Wii will win this generation. The point is, all that matters is what is happening NOW. Even if the 360 isn't selling as well as the PS2 did (and whether it is or isn't, who cares), if it continues to outsell the PS3, it will probably win this generation, which will be a huge shift in power. WilliamRLBaker

really ps3 sells like crap in europe? thats funny compared to what? Ps3?

here is the vgcharts numbers for total sales of 360 in europe 2.34 million.
So thats 2,340,000 thats what? 10% of the total american world wide saleS? hmmmm your funny infamous you just need to go home and give up.

The console sold 1.95 million consoles from Jan. 06 to Dec. 06 :lol: :lol: :lol: The sales in Europe are piss poor.

SeanBond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 SeanBond
Member since 2003 • 2136 Posts

InfamousC

It'll sell well in all markets, like it's doing in the US? Sales are starting to cool in the US, just as they have in Japan. The PS3 that's coming to Europe is overpriced (yeah, even compared to the US one) with less bang for the buck (backwards compat.), and is already pissing off a lot of Europeans (who, btw, seem to be popping up on Xbox Live all the time. Imagine that.). So I don't really see any single market that the PS3 sells well in, let alone "all markets".
krunkmastax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 krunkmastax
Member since 2004 • 36027 Posts
Pfftt another cow on the rampage. Nothing to see here.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="SeanBond"]Why are we comparing the PS2 to the 360? Maybe instead of comparing a system from last gen to one in the current gen, we should compare the 360 to the PS3/Wii, as those are the systems actually in competition NOW. The 360 has the biggest user base. Fact. The 360 has the most games out. Fact. The 360 is selling at the very least equally to the PS3 right now. Fact. If things continue at the same rate, the PS3 will never catch the 360, regardless of whether the PS2 or GBA's sales pwn'd more n00bz. Hell, if things continue at this rate, the Wii will win this generation. The point is, all that matters is what is happening NOW. Even if the 360 isn't selling as well as the PS2 did (and whether it is or isn't, who cares), if it continues to outsell the PS3, it will probably win this generation, which will be a huge shift in power. kcpp2b

So you know the future now. I think this kind of "Sony will sell everywhere, we are the best" kind of thinking is why Sony is doing so bad right now and has a terrible image in the gaming world at the moment. I mean people mock them in news show that have nothing to do with gaming even let alone all the gaming shows and reviewers and writers and critics. Sony came in to this gen thinking they are gods and had no respect for the competition and thought no matter what they do people will flock to them.

That kind of thinking is why the Wii is humiliating them and the 360 has a chance of dethrowing them as well. Both other consoles now well into the game and Sony let them in, they can only blame themselves.
Infamous you should work for Sony cause you basically sound like someone from their PR department

It's only doing bad to fanboys. If you look at the facts it's doing farely well.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

SeanBond

It'll sell well in all markets, like it's doing in the US? Sales are starting to cool in the US, just as they have in Japan. The PS3 that's coming to Europe is overpriced (yeah, even compared to the US one) with less bang for the buck (backwards compat.), and is already pissing off a lot of Europeans (who, btw, seem to be popping up on Xbox Live all the time. Imagine that.). So I don't really see any single market that the PS3 sells well in, let alone "all markets".

It's only doing bad to fanboys. If you look at the facts it's doing farely well.

InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 InfamousC

InfamousC

That makes them look even more unreliable :lol: M$ sold number is to retailers. In other words it's their shipped number.  How could they have sold 10 million by Jan if they only shipped 10.4 million by the end of Dec?

Nextgenwars.com use to randomly update their numbers ever few minutes I can't believe lemmings still have that site in their signatures. LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it would be interesting to bring together information about console sales figures to one thread.

What I'd like to point out is that nextgenwars.com is a completely annonymous source that can not be verified and their numbers appear dubious. At the last check nexgenwars numbers were wired to rise at a rate of around 5xPS3, 55x360 and 550xWii evey minute. To make those figures more readable they are equivalent to 216,000 PS3, 2,376,000 Xbox 360, and 23,760,000 Wii per month. All numbers look a bit unrealistic and I'll talk about it on future posts below.

Also the site had 360 at 10.4 million sold in Jan. even after Peter Moore said they only shipped the systems to retailers. Look at my signature for more ownage.

I like how the lemmings ignored this post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="kcpp2b"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

If it's doing "farely well" why on earth would they think about doing a price drop or even mention it? Sony talked about doing, the one thing everyone worldwide said about the PS3, besides Cows, was it was too pricey.
If they are doing well then why would they bring up a price drop?

Even Sony fans admit it is going bad right now. Not to say it won't get better but only a Fanboy can see it's doing well right now lol
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="kcpp2b"]

kcpp2b

If it's doing "farely well" why on earth would they think about doing a price drop or even mention it? Sony talked about doing, the one thing everyone worldwide said about the PS3, besides Cows, was it was too pricey.
If they are doing well then why would they bring up a price drop?

Even Sony fans admit it is going bad right now. Not to say it won't get better but only a Fanboy can see it's doing well right now lol

Recently, Takao Yuhara indicated that price drops are a part of Sony's plan to expand the market when the timing is right. Is it damaging, this early in the console's lifecycle and just ahead of the system's launch in Europe to already be talking about price drops? Well, do you know what he said was, cost reduction, not price drop, and there's a big difference between cost reduction and price drop. So, that I believe is where the confusion came from. Obviously, we are investing our money in making PlayStation 3s cheaper to manufacture -- that's part of our business plan.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/phil-harrison/harrison-clarifies-ps3-price-drop-talk-237116.php

xg_knightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#82 xg_knightmare
Member since 2003 • 180 Posts

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]how come cows still believe VGcharts to be even remotely accurate? It was disproven when MS announce the 10 million sold and VG charts had them at only 7 mill. Then when it was proven PS3 hadn't reached past 1.5 million but they had PS3 down at 2.5.....InfamousC

Yet you provide links to "Hardware SHIPMENTS" rather than "Hardware SALES." You are one deluded hypocrite with massive double standards. Also, face up to the ownage of bad PS3 sales also mentioned in that article.
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
I don't find the sales disappointing.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]how come cows still believe VGcharts to be even remotely accurate? It was disproven when MS announce the 10 million sold and VG charts had them at only 7 mill. Then when it was proven PS3 hadn't reached past 1.5 million but they had PS3 down at 2.5.....xg_knightmare

Yet you provide links to "Hardware SHIPMENTS" rather than "Hardware SALES." You are one deluded hypocrite with massive double standards. Also, face up to the ownage of bad PS3 sales also mentioned in that article.

He provided links to NA numbers only funny how you didn't get to that. vgcharts is the only site that has their hardware numbers easy to find.

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 rocktimusprime
this thread is still going?
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 kcpp2b
Anyone who thinks Sony is happy with their launch and this is exactly what they expected as it not underperforming and below expectations is delusional
xg_knightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 xg_knightmare
[QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

He provided links to NA numbers only funny how you didn't get to that. vgcharts is the only site that has their hardware numbers easy to find.

I know that you dolt. And this is about you - not him. It doesnt change the fact you provide links to Hardware SHIPMENTS to back yourself up but when the same is done to prove you wrong, you claim that what matters is SALES.
rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 rocktimusprime
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="rocktimusprime"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

InfamousC

That makes them look even more unreliable :lol: M$ sold number is to retailers. In other words it's their shipped number. How could they have sold 10 million by Jan if they only shipped 10.4 million by the end of Dec?

Also the site had 360 at 10.4 million sold in Jan. even after Peter Moore said they only shipped the systems to retailers. Look at my signature for more ownage.

I like how the lemmings ignored this post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

when did i have nexgenwars in my sig? or even say it was remotely better than vgchats? you make the cows that are cool on this forum look really bad man. i feel bad for parasiteevelust and tekkenmaster
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

xg_knightmare

I know that you dolt. And this is about you - not him. It doesnt change the fact you provide links to Hardware SHIPMENTS to back yourself up but when the same is done to prove you wrong, you claim that what matters is SALES.

Show me a site that can give accurate sales data besides vgcharts?

rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 rocktimusprime
[QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

InfamousC

not even vgcharts is accurate. your the first person ive seen in weeks even bring that site up to talk about sales. everyone just goes by npd and official statements now, its easier that way,
xg_knightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 xg_knightmare
[QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

InfamousC

Show me a site that can give accurate sales data. Period. I'm still waiting on an explanation of your double standards. If you can't treat arguments against your statements with the same standards you use to make statements, don't argue.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 InfamousC

not even vgcharts is accurate. your the first person ive seen in weeks even bring that site up to talk about sales. everyone just goes by npd and official statements now, its easier that way,rocktimusprime

NPD only gives US sales. VGcharts uses NPD to calculate NA sales. Official statements by the big 3 are only hardware shipments unless they are comepletly sold out like Wii atm.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

xg_knightmare

Show me a site that can give accurate sales data. Period. I'm still waiting on an explanation of your double standards. If you can't treat arguments against your statements with the same standards you use to make statements, don't argue.

What do you expect with blind fanboys? I serious man this guy is the new KeyWii or Yo_Foo
xg_knightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 xg_knightmare

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]not even vgcharts is accurate. your the first person ive seen in weeks even bring that site up to talk about sales. everyone just goes by npd and official statements now, its easier that way,InfamousC

NPD only gives US sales. VGcharts uses NPD to calculate NA sales. Official statements by the big 3 are only hardware shipments unless they are comepletly sold out like Wii atm.

Stop with the hardware shipment sh*t. You do realise that all figures released by Sony thus far are shipment figures? I'd sure love to see the PS3 sales figures - which according to you is what matters. Oh wait, that would only make the console you support look worse. Funny that.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="xg_knightmare"] I know that you dolt. And this is about you - not him. It doesnt change the fact you provide links to Hardware SHIPMENTS to back yourself up but when the same is done to prove you wrong, you claim that what matters is SALES.xg_knightmare

Vgcharts is the most accurate. Even NPD is not totally accurate as they don't can't get sales data from 3 of the bigger retailers in North America that sale games. Thing is what you claim I said is something you made up. I have never said this as I only use vgcharts for sales data and if anyone tries to use anything else I discredit it with proof.

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
hahaha TC creator got pwned like always :lol:
rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 rocktimusprime

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]not even vgcharts is accurate. your the first person ive seen in weeks even bring that site up to talk about sales. everyone just goes by npd and official statements now, its easier that way,InfamousC

i guess the npd is wrong, because sony reps said they sold everything they put on shelves ;) trust me, don't get into trusting some web-bloggers calculations, just best to go with official statements even if its the "shipped number", it is very very very hard to get accurate sales numbers.
rocktimusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 rocktimusprime
[QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="xg_knightmare"] I know that you dolt. And this is about you - not him. It doesnt change the fact you provide links to Hardware SHIPMENTS to back yourself up but when the same is done to prove you wrong, you claim that what matters is SALES.InfamousC

Vgcharts is the most accurate. Even NPD is not totally accurate as they don't can't get sales data from 3 of the bigger retailers in North America that sale games. Thing is what you claim I said is something you made up. I have never said this as I only use vgcharts for sales data and if anyone tries to use anything else I discredit it with proof.

wait you just said that VGcharts uses NPD to be accuate, but now your saying that the NPD isn't accurate? Way to kill your arguement.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 InfamousC
[QUOTE="InfamousC"]

[QUOTE="rocktimusprime"]not even vgcharts is accurate. your the first person ive seen in weeks even bring that site up to talk about sales. everyone just goes by npd and official statements now, its easier that way,xg_knightmare

Stop with the hardware shipment sh*t. You do realise that all figures released by Sony thus far are shipment figures? I'd sure love to see the PS3 sales figures - which according to you is what matters. Oh wait, that would only make the console you support look worse. Funny that.

WTF? All figures released by Sony, M$, or Nintendo are hardware shipments. If you want PS3 sales to date go to vgcharts.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 kcpp2b
[QUOTE="xg_knightmare"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="xg_knightmare"] I know that you dolt. And this is about you - not him. It doesnt change the fact you provide links to Hardware SHIPMENTS to back yourself up but when the same is done to prove you wrong, you claim that what matters is SALES.InfamousC

Vgcharts is the most accurate. Even NPD is not totally accurate as they don't can't get sales data from 3 of the bigger retailers in North America that sale games. Thing is what you claim I said is something you made up. I have never said this as I only use vgcharts for sales data and if anyone tries to use anything else I discredit it with proof.

No site is accurate. All these numbers are not facts or actual true numbers. It's all estimates at best so all this crap of showing links for this and that means crap really. Overall we know Wii is selling amazing, PS3 not so much and the 360 has this gen's lead so far. Those are the only facts there are with respect to sales.