Saints Row: Is This The Most Batshit Insane Franchise?

• 85 results
#51 Posted by freedomfreak (39077 posts) -

Aw yeah. It's not very captivating though. That's the problem with games that are just purely about some basic human desire/nature like "wanting to burn shit". It gets old really fast.

Still well worth what I spent on it, praise Gaben for dem 2 euro games.

I had a good time with it, man. It was adorable in a sick way.

2 euros? I paid 15. Yeah. Get out. Now. Leave.

Yeah katamari damacy. Its not brutal or psychological but the whole premise and the characters make it crazy.

I'll grab it off XBL. Can't find it in retail. It looks weirdly good.

I think Im a Kinzie girl.

BIG SURPRISE THERE

#52 Edited by TheGreatGeneral (64 posts) -

It took a while but I remembered the name of a really weird game.

Yume Nikki is an cult indie game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewm0XDM7mJc

If you want the real bashit insane you go indie or japanese.

#53 Posted by freedomfreak (39077 posts) -

It took a while but I remembered the name of a really weird game.

Yume Nikki is an cult indie game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ewm0XDM7mJc

If you want the real bashit insane you go indie or japanese.

It all went fine until she went to bad.

Jeesh :/

#54 Edited by navyguy21 (12744 posts) -

Games got progressively worse after SR2. SR3 was fun but lost most of the cohesive story and separate gangs that made the first 2 fun. SR4..........well i didnt bother buying it.

#55 Posted by k3ck (549 posts) -

@k3ck said:

You don't know what batshit is until you've played Deadly Premonition. By far the weirdest and strangest game I've ever played. Saints Row ain't got shit on this.

Fucking A, man. Deadly Premonition is awesome. I'm excited for D4 on Xbox One. I need more SWERY in my life.

Hell, your post made me wanna go and listen to the soundtrack.

Ditto. Dark Dreams Don't Die looks really interesting and I want to play it ASAP.

#56 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5750 posts) -

I enjoyed SR4, but I liked 3 more. I think SR4 was a little too crazy for me. The craziness has to have some context and SR4 felt crazy for the sake of it. But still fun.

#57 Posted by freedomfreak (39077 posts) -
@k3ck said:

Ditto. Dark Dreams Don't Die looks really interesting and I want to play it ASAP.

I hear that. This game looks pretty crazy already. Who knows what else they got in store.

Btw, what version of DP did you get? I got the 360 version, but I heard the Director's Cut was kinda rough.

#58 Posted by k3ck (549 posts) -

@k3ck said:

I hear that. This game looks pretty crazy already. Who knows what else they got in store.

Btw, what version of DP did you get? I got the 360 version, but I heard the Director's Cut was kinda rough.

PC. It's really nice with a small mod that takes about 10 seconds to download and install.

#59 Posted by clone01 (24496 posts) -

Looks stupid. I don't get how anyone wouldn't feel dumber having played something like this. I don't see the attraction in playing the life of a thug.

"wouldn't feel dumber." Hmmm.

#60 Posted by harry_james_pot (10533 posts) -

Nah. It's insane, but as others mentioned there are some games out there that are even more crazy.

#61 Posted by General_Solo76 (165 posts) -

I wouldn't play this lame series if you paid me!

#62 Posted by freedomfreak (39077 posts) -
@k3ck said:

PC. It's really nice with a small mod that takes about 10 seconds to download and install.

Oh right. 720P@24FPS.

Cool you got some mods to fix that little issue.

#63 Posted by lamprey263 (23089 posts) -

I didn't bother with Saints Row IV as the super powers aspect didn't appeal to me, but Saints Row III was the shit, loved that over the top stuff, Gangstas in Space ending was awesome.

#64 Posted by farrell2k (5793 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@farrell2k said:

Looks stupid. I don't get how anyone wouldn't feel dumber having played something like this. I don't see the attraction in playing the life of a thug.

Perfectly valid use.

#65 Posted by gago-gago (9335 posts) -

SR had better shooting mechanics than GTA for me and that alone made it more fun. I do appreciate they're aware of how silly their game is and they keep it turning it up a notch. Take away the craziness, SR is a good franchise. I do hope they simmer down with the crazy story lines and such but keep the insane things you could do in the game.

#66 Posted by Motokid6 (5231 posts) -

Can't stand the whole franchise. I have tried to get into it many times, but I simply cannot. It feels like it belongs in a boardwalk arcade palor next to house of the dead.

#67 Posted by GunSmith1_basic (9763 posts) -

It turned from a GTA clone into a Prototype clone

#68 Edited by verbalfilth (4584 posts) -

#69 Posted by MonsieurX (29474 posts) -

@verbalfilth: Still have my cart :)

And I guess I really need to play SR3

#70 Edited by BloodyTides (132 posts) -

It tried to be too much at once and it lost some of its identity.

#71 Posted by Roler42 (586 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

perhaps Little Inferno? :P

omg... Someone that has played Little Inferno. That game is pretty damn weird. With the girl constantly sending you letters. Great for making fires.

That game was cool. What a great concept for a game.

"Here. Burn stuff."

Well, hell yeah!

Brb... Reinstalling Little Inferno

"It's little inferno! It's little inferno just for me!"

#72 Posted by parkurtommo (26444 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@farrell2k said:

Perfectly valid use.

Questionable, but yes, valid.

#73 Posted by remiks00 (1694 posts) -

Shaundi, all day.

#74 Posted by mbrockway (3399 posts) -

SR3 was great. SR4 was a blatant cash grab, but it was a gloriously brilliant blatant cash grab. I loved seeing the growth of the Butcher of Stillwater from SR2 to SR4. The female version is one of the great female protagonists, easily the equal of FemmShep.

#75 Edited by Wiiboxstation (114 posts) -

I enjoyed Sr3 for a while then it quickly got boring. Might have to go back and play it at some point.

#76 Edited by farrell2k (5793 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@clone01 said:

@farrell2k said:

Perfectly valid use.

Questionable, but yes, valid.

You should check the definition of the word questionable, then you should look up the word valid, then hopefully you will realize how you just contradicted yourself. :)

#77 Edited by funsohng (27614 posts) -

@funsohng said:

I don't know. I saw a game about pigeon mating.

You can't make a comment about pidgeon mating, and not elaborate on it, muh funsohng. We Belgians are good with pidgeons.

#78 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16294 posts) -

@freedomfreak:

I loved the first Saints Row, and I loved the second one even more.

And eventhough it does a lot of things better, I never even finished SR The Third. I like it at the start, and then, later on, I find I have to drag myself through the game. This shouldn't be the case in a game where you can throw people in front of traffic or fly a jet plane with a laser....

So I haven't played SR IV yet and I dunno how it stacks up against SR 1&2. I dunno, but it feels like SR 3&4 were made by different people than 1&2.

#79 Posted by KBFloYd (13122 posts) -

Nah. It's insane, but as others mentioned there are some games out there that are even more crazy.

is that isabella soprano on your signature?

#80 Edited by freedomfreak (39077 posts) -
@funsohng said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

I loved the first Saints Row, and I loved the second one even more.

And eventhough it does a lot of things better, I never even finished SR The Third. I like it at the start, and then, later on, I find I have to drag myself through the game. This shouldn't be the case in a game where you can throw people in front of traffic or fly a jet plane with a laser....

So I haven't played SR IV yet and I dunno how it stacks up against SR 1&2. I dunno, but it feels like SR 3&4 were made by different people than 1&2.

I didn't really get that big into SR3. Although I did enjoy SR2. That was great.

SR4 is nothing like SR1 and SR2. It's obvious they stepped away from all that. I don't mind though :p

#81 Posted by dakan45 (18523 posts) -

yup, they are simply fun, focus on fun rather graphics.

#82 Posted by harry_james_pot (10533 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@harry_james_pot said:

is that isabella soprano on your signature?

It's Alison Brie.

#83 Posted by adamosmaki (9447 posts) -

I thought saints row 3 was better

I thought the same ( i dont know maybe the fact that vehicles actually matter in 3 unlike 4 or something else but i never really got into SR4 )

#84 Posted by chocolate1325 (32455 posts) -

Saints Row is boring aand not funny. Turned 3 off after 1 hour.

#85 Edited by mems_1224 (46485 posts) -

Saints Row is boring aand not funny. Turned 3 off after 1 hour.

lol so much stupidity in this post.

#86 Edited by clyde46 (44810 posts) -

@funsohng said:

@freedomfreak said:
@funsohng said:

I don't know. I saw a game about pigeon mating.

You can't make a comment about pidgeon mating, and not elaborate on it, muh funsohng. We Belgians are good with pidgeons.