S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Fallout? Which is the better game?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Fallout? Which is the better game? (59 votes)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl 44%
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky 3%
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat 14%
Fallout 3 25%
Fallout: New Vegas 14%

Few random gifs:

So, which one of those games is best? I think Fallout wins poll because 95% gamespot users never played STALKER game ever and votes automatically fallout.

• 
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@sts106mat said:

fallout 3. /thread

Says a guy who does not own PC gaming. I guess you playing casual games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Well lets start by getting a few Things out of the way, if FO1 or 2 was on this list? they would have won hands Down.

But since it is a given that FO3,NV and the STALKER does have a passing resemblence on the surface I suppose it is atleast a fair question as we could expect from SW.

The answer will come Down to preferences and what you are looking for, the FO games are more rpg then First Per son shooters (I would argue that they are simply first person roleplaying games, that happens to have guns). Where STALKER were an FPS game series with RPG elements.

In the end I would go for STALKER SoC, why? well let us be honest here, FO3 is a mix between FO2 and Oblivion, that simple, we all knew what we would get, there was Little new or mindblowing about that premise. The game was far better then what many expected (as in one of the best games of all gen, both of them).

But STALKER SoC made my jaw drop, the first time I took a potshot after a lone dog, se it ran away and come back minutes later with a rabid cobbel of its hunting buddies. Hopeless in an abandoned barn in a thunderstorm, with a gun that was more broken then functioning, a handful of bullets, it became my last stand for my first "game over screen".

That is where I think the differences were, I rarely saw anything in hte FO games that made my jaw drop (abeit it had really funny references that made me glee with joy). STALKER took me and thrust me into maybe one of my favorite Worlds of the last gen. It was brutal, it was depressive, it was freakin great. the first time I did not take notice of the warning of the anomalty Griger, and the very World decided to rip my legs off and crush my torso was the moment I realised that "Ok in this place the very ground and air wants to kill me off.

When I found the first "good" gun that I liked, I felt like I was the king of the World, that I could take on anything. And yet I ended up desperately counting the bullets left, when my first run in with the Zombies occured.

So as an RPG the FO games would win hands Down, as a Hybrid it would be the matter of taste. For me? STALKER made the bigger lasting impression, and a game I had really hoped to see a sequal to. The main issue with STALKER (SoC in particular) is that it required mods to be al it could be, FO3 wasplayable without. But few Things still beats the random nightmarish situation of running into cover from a Blow Out (huge radioactive storm) in an abandoned danky basement, only to find out that I was unlucky enough to find that the nearest ai that had taken cover in the same damn basement, was one of the most monstorous vreatures in the game, and with no way to escape (due to the storm) that became one hell of a life or death fight. Which marks one of my most memorable experiences in all my time in gaming. Why? Because it was not scripted and predetermined that it would happen, that is STALKER random, hateful, and absolutely fantastic.

brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

S.T.A.L.K.E.R has better atmosphere and gameplay IMO than Fallout. Its very creepy at times and it can be very unnerving to descend into the dark parts of the game.

Fallout on the other hand does have better story, more quests and a better feeling for exploration. Its a RPG so you have some character progression too.

In my personal opinion I enjoyed Fallout more since it's nowhere as creepy and stressing to play as STALKER was.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@sts106mat said:

fallout 3. /thread

The exact thing I thought when I read the options. Of all the games listed picking Fallout 3 means you have no clue about the STALKER series and couldn't understand FNV, because they're all immensely above Fallout 3.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@sts106mat said:

I haven't played Stalker, the reviews make it sound pretty boring and the questing is pretty shit apparently. Fallout 3 was much better than Fallout New Vegas in my opinion. which was beyond buggy with none of the excitement of discovery that bethesda's game had. the soundtrack was also better (though that is a minor thing).

no interest in debating with a pair of virgin basement dwellers anyway

enjoy the lonely thread

Quod erat demonstrandum :D

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl for me. Amazing atmosphere although the actual shooting element I am not that keen on. Fallout was ok but I got bored of it quite quick, saying that, I really cannot get into Stalker: Call of Pripyat. So out of those Chernobyl is my favorite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@sts106mat said:

@N30F3N1X said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@sts106mat said:

fallout 3. /thread

The exact thing I thought when I read the options. Of all the games listed picking Fallout 3 means you have no clue about the STALKER series and couldn't understand FNV, because they're all immensely above Fallout 3.

I haven't played Stalker, the reviews make it sound pretty boring and the questing is pretty shit apparently. Fallout 3 was much better than Fallout New Vegas in my opinion. which was beyond buggy with none of the excitement of discovery that bethesda's game had. the soundtrack was also better (though that is a minor thing).

enjoy the lonely thread

So basicly you did a vote on something where you know only half of what the vote is about? So what in that action seems follish to you?

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

Shadow of Chernobyl hands down. That game felt like you were in a post apocalyptic universe where Fallout 3 is basically Oblivion with guns. Every mission in Stalker encourages you to explore the environment, and as depressing as the days are, you feel too stressed and scared to be wondering off somewhere at night. The gunplay was robust, the game was challenging but fair, exploration was rewarded, the atmosphere is possibly the best atmosphere i have seen in a game, the only downside is you always wish there is more to see and more to explore. Where Fallout 3 has a whole empty boring world. It would have been better as a turn based RPG just like the originals.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@sts106mat said:

@N30F3N1X said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@sts106mat said:

fallout 3. /thread

enjoy the lonely thread

reviews make it sound boring? Because reviewers said that game is too hard for them. They asked why they can´t use shotgun more casual like in Call of Duty or something like that.

Fallout - take no cover, shoot random guy, he dies. Shotgun is like sniper.

STALKER - take cover, hide(even most of the time when you even take cover you just get killed). If you want to use shotgun you better go close and hit them because else you miss your bullets and enemy won´t die.

In short... Fallout is like press X to kill. Also Fallout world looks fake, so fake. In STALKER you can see and feel wind, you can see how world looks realistic.

Story is better in stalker. Missions is better in stalker. AI is better in stalker. Music is better in stalker. Gameplay is better in stalker. World map is better in stalker. Everything is better in stalker. Yeah maybe less RPG elements in STALKER but i still like STALKER more.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Is this a graphics thread or a game thread?

You've even posted a modded Stalker gif.

Game wise I would struggle to choose between Fallout 3 and Stalker CoP

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

Stalker. Fallout 3 is not a good game. Fallout Vegas is a fairly good game. Fallout 1/2 are superior games that many of the young console people have never played, because not FPS.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Fallout New Vegas >>>>>>>>> Fallout 3

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I never Played Stalker either but my from my experience with fallout, theres definately nothing worse than it.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

Gotta love Tunnels :)

way2funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21  Edited By way2funny
Member since 2003 • 4570 Posts

Ohhh I can post some of my old STALKER pics,

These were on my Core 2 Duo e6700 and my 8800 GTX unmodded

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Also onething to keep in my mind before you vote is that TC asked which one was the better game, Fallout is a fantastic RPG but its most definately a shitty game, with shitty game play.

I don't get why we even about these things when the answers is pretty simply if one would just give it some thought. But this is System Wars so forgtet I even Mentioned. Every poll is just a Popularity contest. Kinda like Metacritic

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Depends on what you want out of a game. STALKER isnt going to hold your hand and is a much more spiritual successor in the gameplay department to Fallout than Fallout 3/NV are.

Fallout 3 isnt a terrible game, but it's a bad Fallout game by far. New Vegas is a much better Fallout game.

If you want immerse gameplay and a decent challenge, go STALKER. Fallout NV will offer the best characters and story, and Fallout 3....is good at none of these

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I've tried a number of times, even with mods, but I just can't get into STALKER

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Personally I prefer Shadow of Chernobyl out of all of those.

But New Vegas and FO3 are still decent games for a different type of experience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@sts106mat said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@sts106mat said:

@N30F3N1X said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@sts106mat said:

fallout 3. /thread

enjoy the lonely thread

So basicly you did a vote on something where you know only half of what the vote is about? So what in that action seems follish to you?

the only foolish thing, is your spelling.

Also actually i did not vote in the poll.

And yet you went into the thread and commented knowing nearly half the votes, and nothing about the other half? yeah sure try to divert attention to others spelling, away from the stupidity that you so proudly display. Don't say I never warned you as to why people as you illustrates why people on these boards find it proper to call you "peasents"

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Easily STALKER SoC,so much better atmosphere,general gameplay and shooting. CoP uop there as well,in fac the best one in many ways.

SNPR4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 SNPR4321
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Stalker. Fallout 3 is not a good game. Fallout Vegas is a fairly good game. Fallout 1/2 are superior games that many of the young console people have never played, because not FPS.

you are right my friend. Stalker is indeed better game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@sts106mat said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@sts106mat said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@sts106mat said:

@N30F3N1X said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@sts106mat said:

fallout 3. /thread

enjoy the lonely thread

And yet you went into the thread and commented knowing nearly half the votes, and nothing about the other half? yeah sure try to divert attention to others spelling, away from the stupidity that you so proudly display. Don't say I never warned you as to why people as you illustrates why people on these boards find it proper to call you "peasents"

Before insulting the intelligence of others, please try and learn how to put to a sentence together.

I quote:-

"stupidity that you so proudly display. Don't say I never warned you as to why people as you illustrates why people on these boards find it proper to call you "peasents""

Well does not look that bad from how I look at it, now do me a favor and retype that in German or Danish, without a translator. Go on. Yeah You can't And you still try to diverge attention away form the fact that you commented in a thread where you don't know half of the topic. So focused on English language, I suppose you are still hanging around Collage.

Must be good to be in collage, I was like that 10 years ago. Thinking correct spelling somehow is linked to the intelligence which you try to hide the lack off. Hence I Refer to the first post you made in this thread. And next time? qoute from where punctuations are you tart, it is common practice.

But yea yeah I know let me try to play you for a bit. "But but but spelling!" *tries to hide the fact that you made the bonder of a lifetime within 7 secs of entry to thread*

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@snpr4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

how original

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@lostrib said:

@snpr4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

how original

he's talking to himself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@sts106mat said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@sts106mat said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@sts106mat said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@sts106mat said:

@N30F3N1X said:
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@sts106mat said:

fallout 3. /thread

enjoy the lonely thread

Before insulting the intelligence of others, please try and learn how to put to a sentence together.

I quote:-

"stupidity that you so proudly display. Don't say I never warned you as to why people as you illustrates why people on these boards find it proper to call you "peasents""

Well does not look that bad from how I look at it, now do me a favor and retype that in German or Danish, without a translator. Go on. Yeah You can't And you still try to diverge attention away form the fact that you commented in a thread where you don't know half of the topic. So focused on English language, I suppose you are still hanging around Collage.

Must be good to be in collage, I was like that 10 years ago. Thinking correct spelling somehow is linked to the intelligence which you try to hide the lack off. Hence I Refer to the first post you made in this thread. And next time? qoute from where punctuations are you tart, it is common practice.

But yea yeah I know let me try to play you for a bit. "But but but spelling!" *tries to hide the fact that you made the bonder of a lifetime within 7 secs of entry to thread*

no, i cannot speak danish or german, i dont need to because most of the civilised world speaks my language, but i personally want to say thanks for learning english, because had you not, we wouldn't have been able to have this wonderful conversation.

goodnight sir/madam

well Manderin and russian would do aswell in that reguard, but likewise, atleast nice (belive it ot not) to have someone on these boards require me to even think anymore.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@snpr4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh God you're back

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@seanmcloughlin said:

@snpr4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh God you're back

Im confussed, was he ever gone?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I voted Shadow of Chernobyl.

I do have New Vegas but I haven't played it yet.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

All good - great games, I'd order them like this:

1. Stalker SOC

2. Fallout NV

3. Stalker CoP

4. Fallout 3/Stalker CS (tie)

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

STALKER of course while Fallout 3 was just another lackluster Bethesda game

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@way2funny:

Good looking game at the time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@snpr4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Oh God you're back

Im confussed, was he ever gone?

Yeah he was banned

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib said:

same here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

same here

Yeah no shame in having a tough time getting into the STALKER games, they don't exactly put thier best foot farwards.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Loved both games but S.T.A.L.K.E.R was miles better than FALLOUT 3 IMO.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin: Yea, I've played about 4 hours of the first one and about an hour and a half of the 3rd one and it just doesnt grab me. Its a shame too because it seems like the kind of game I would love.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC by far, for me anyway. The atmosphere presented in the world is almost palpable, from the howling of dogs in the distance getting closer when you have no where to hide and ammo is low. Going into a dark claustrophobic tunnel where silence is the enemy and a Bloodsucker could be on you in a second from literally no where, to sneaking through a swamp, trying to avoid Zombies, where the first sign of immediate danger is a grunt from a Snork.

Then of course you have the various factions all competing for power and dominance over the others (something you get an actual say in - to a degree). It's game where the slightest wrong step means a grisly death either by another Human, a mutant or of course the Zone itself.

Fallout 2 is a game I did enjoy and brought it's own challenges, it is a good RPG shooter hybrid but it doesn't bring the same level of vulnerability to the table.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
  1. STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl
  2. Fallout New Vegas
  3. STALKER Call of Pripyat
  4. **** the other 2 games
Avatar image for endlessinfinity
EndlessInfinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#48 EndlessInfinity
Member since 2013 • 231 Posts

Stalker all the way it really does a good job with the post apocalypse atmosphere

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

I prefer the Stalker games but to me Fallout and Stalker are a different type of game. Stalker is much more FPS focused although there are very lite RPG elements in them. The Fallout games are purely RPG.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

I enjoyed Shadow of Chernobyl way more than F3. It had better atmosphere, better gameplay and better character animations. Those stiff character animations in F3 completely kill the enjoyment of playing. For me, at least. But the two games are pretty equal with bugs.