Ryu from Street fighter(capcom posterboy) vs Kyo(snk) from King of fighters

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

I hear charachter vs charachter battles were back so, I thought since there is actually a decent kof game in stores might as well bring up some old competition.

I personally see ryu winning this he is an older and more mature charachter, while kyo can be kind of an arrogant doche.

Special undercard match: Ken masters vs Terry Bogard

I give that one to Terry

#2 Posted by Tikeio (5332 posts) -

Ryu vs who? :|

#3 Posted by TheFallenDemon (13933 posts) -

Scorpion.

#4 Posted by Twin-Blade (6796 posts) -

Mai wins. I can't quite put my finger on why though.

#5 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

Ryu vs who? :|

Tikeio

http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/The_King_of_Fighters

read this and pick up KOF13...it will be one of the best games you get all year

#6 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22257 posts) -

Twin-Blade

it bounces!

#7 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

Twin-Blade

I like her because she fights just like vega from street fighter, and he has always been my main charachter in SF

#8 Posted by Tikeio (5332 posts) -

Twin-Blade

The hooves she has for feet make her faster? Looks like she has two giant toes or something...

#9 Posted by Twin-Blade (6796 posts) -

[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

Mercenary848

I like her because she fights just like vega from street fighter, and he has always been my main charachter in SF

Yeah.. Yeah, that's what I was going to say too.

#10 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

Twin-Blade

Sorry man animated women just dont do it for me :P

#11 Posted by almasdeathchild (8922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Twin-Blade"]

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

Mercenary848

Sorry man animated women just dont do it for me :P

i love anime women but mai isnt hot at all and i hate overly large boobs

#12 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4380 posts) -
Ryu and Terry for the other match.
#13 Posted by Lucianu (9666 posts) -

I hear charachter vs charachter battles were back so, I thought since there is actually a decent kof game in stores might as well bring up some old competition.

I personally see ryu winning this he is an older and more mature charachter, while kyo can be kind of an arrogant doche.

I give that one to Terry

Mercenary848

Depends on what version of Ryu were talking about, if its Ryu from Street Fighter III (the oldest and most experienced in this timeline), then he can obliterate Kyo, but if its Ryu from the Street Fighter Alpha timeline, then i don't know. By the way, i always considered Terry Bogard the poster child of SNK as Ryu is the poster child of Capcom, but that's just me. Kyo Kusanagi is a great character aswell.

#14 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

I give that one to Terry

Lucianu

Depends on what version of Ryu were talking about, if its Ryu from Street Fighter III (the oldest and most experienced in this timeline), then he can obliterate Kyo, but if its Ryu from the Street Fighter Alpha timeline, then i don't know. By the way, i always considered Terry Bogard the poster child of SNK as Ryu is the poster child of Capcom, but that's just me. Kyo Kusanagi is a great character aswell.

I think that depends on if you were more familiar with art of fighting and fatal fury then kof. Kyo is the main charachter of snks flagship KOF series(to the point where the older fatal fury and art of fighting charachters began to get nerfed down to make him and iori look stronger). Terry is still highly popular and has been in more games, but it is kingd of clear kyo is the poster child.

They tried to not include Kyo in the nests saga, but fans raged so they put a bunch of clones inside. Ash Crimson and K' never got as much fan love as Kyo.

Personally I have grown apart from kyo and prefer terry or Ryo as the main heads of the series, but that is not how snk feels.

#15 Posted by freedomfreak (44984 posts) -

The gif made this thread interesting.

Thanks.

#16 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
listing anyone but iori is just fail... everyone knows iori is basically KoF's posterboy.
#17 Posted by madsnakehhh (15285 posts) -

Probably Ryu, but it would be a close one.

I''l choose Terry on the other match.

#18 Posted by omenodebander (1399 posts) -

Terry post mark of the wolves will beat ken easily. BTw Terry is snk's poster child not kyo.

Kyo vs Ryu= Ryu

Terry vs ken= Terry

Igniz vs Bison= Igniz, no contest.

#19 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

Terry post mark of the wolves will beat ken easily. BTw Terry is snk's poster child not kyo.

Kyo vs Ryu= Ryu

Terry vs ken= Terry

omenodebander

I wish but he has been forced to take a step down for kyo. Bison is really not like other bosses instead making him uber powerful in cheap, he is hyer reactionary and has a gameplan for every strategy the play throws.

#20 Posted by nini200 (10823 posts) -
Um, Which Kyo? Normal or EX? EX Kyo would destroy Ryu. Ken vs Terry, Terry. Ryu vs Ryo would be a better matchup.
#21 Posted by nini200 (10823 posts) -

Kyo vs Ryu= Ryu

Terry vs ken= Terry

omenodebander
Igniz vs Bison? :lol: As terry would say, GET SERIOUS! :lol: Igniz would tear Bison a new one. Any form of Bison.
#22 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

Um, Which Kyo? Normal or EX? EX Kyo would destroy Ryu. Ken vs Terry, Terry. Ryu vs Ryo would be a better matchup.nini200

Alright we can do it this way first normal ryu vs kyo. Then EX Kyo vs Dark Ryu.

#23 Posted by AtlanticRock (8126 posts) -

Mercenary848

They are both ninjas, but that's where the similarities stop.

Mai uses fire, fans, and is a motion character.

Vega uses his claw and is a charge character.

On Topic:

I'm not a fan of either, but Ryu takes this.

#24 Posted by Twin-Blade (6796 posts) -

Hey, this topics still going. Litchi's pretty cool too:

#25 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

[QUOTE="Mercenary848"]

AtlanticRock

They are both ninjas, but that's where the similarities stop.

Mai uses fire, fans, and is a motion character.

Vega uses his claw and is a charge character.

On Topic:

I'm not a fan of either, but Ryu takes this.

But they are also both extremly agile, while jump like crazy, and most of their attacks are poke and rush down.

#26 Posted by OneSanitarium (6934 posts) -

Do you believe!?

#27 Posted by nini200 (10823 posts) -

Do you believe!?

OneSanitarium

They've got one of Angel, Adel and Rugal as well as a bunch of others. Shockingly I didn't see any of Vanessa yet. Lots of Fanart. I can't find where I saw the art though. :(

#28 Posted by Lucianu (9666 posts) -

Um, Which Kyo? Normal or EX? EX Kyo would destroy Ryu. Ken vs Terry, Terry. Ryu vs Ryo would be a better matchup.nini200

I don't know how strong EX Kyo is, but in the SF cannon, in the most recent timeline (Street Fighter III), Ryu is stronger than Dark Ryu from the early timelines (Ryu possesed by the dark hadou, which is a f**king God).

#29 Posted by madsnakehhh (15285 posts) -

[QUOTE="omenodebander"]

Kyo vs Ryu= Ryu

Terry vs ken= Terry

nini200

Igniz vs Bison? :lol: As terry would say, GET SERIOUS! :lol: Igniz would tear Bison a new one. Any form of Bison.

I'm thinking that Bison vs Omega Rugal would be a much better fight and maybe Gil vs Igniz??? i don't know how strong Gil is supposed to be.

#30 Posted by Lucianu (9666 posts) -

I'm thinking that Bison vs Omega Rugal would be a much better fight and maybe Gil vs Igniz??? i don't know how strong Gil is supposed to be.

madsnakehhh

I barely know anything about the KoF story, but i thought that Omega Rugal is incredibly strong. In SF, Bison is really very weak later on, compared to the likes of Akuma, Oro, and Gill aswell.

#31 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

Iori>>>>>>>>

#32 Posted by nini200 (10823 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"][QUOTE="omenodebander"]

Kyo vs Ryu= Ryu

Terry vs ken= Terry

madsnakehhh

Nah, Omega Rugal can defeat Igniz. Normal Rugal vs Bison maybe could work or U. Rugal Vs Igniz would be a better matchup. I always think of Nightmare Geese vs Akuma as a great match and Shin Mr. Karate vs Shin Akuma. Krizalid could be a good boss vs Gil possibly. Magaki would have to battle Seth just because I want to see that fight. I wonder if Seth could get in on Magaki with all them OP projectile he throws.
#33 Posted by OneSanitarium (6934 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"]Um, Which Kyo? Normal or EX? EX Kyo would destroy Ryu. Ken vs Terry, Terry. Ryu vs Ryo would be a better matchup.Lucianu

I don't know how strong EX Kyo is, but in the SF cannon, in the most recent timeline (Street Fighter III), Ryu is stronger than Dark Ryu from the early timelines (Ryu possesed by the dark hadou, which is a f**king God).

The final bosses of some KOFs may as well be as strong as gods as well.

#34 Posted by madsnakehhh (15285 posts) -

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

Lucianu

I barely know anything about the KoF story, but i thought that Omega Rugal is incredibly strong. In SF, Bison is really very weak later on, compared to the likes of Akuma, Oro, and Gill aswell.

Not really, Omega Rugal only took a little bit of the Orochi Power, he was still very underpowered copared to Yashiro or Goenitz and of course Orochi himself. IMO Omega Rugal vs SFA Bison would be even as well as SF2 Bison vs Kof 94 Rugal.

#35 Posted by madsnakehhh (15285 posts) -

Nah, Omega Rugal can defeat Igniz. Normal Rugal vs Bison maybe could work or U. Rugal Vs Igniz would be a better matchup. I always think of Nightmare Geese vs Akuma as a great match and Shin Mr. Karate vs Shin Akuma. Krizalid could be a good boss vs Gil possibly. Magaki would have to battle Seth just because I want to see that fight. I wonder if Seth could get in on Magaki with all them OP projectile he throws.nini200

I don't think Omega Rugal was that strong, granted he had the Orochi Power but only some, i don't think he was stronger than Goenitz, i'm agree with Nightmare Geese and Akuma, i also believe that Goenitz could take on Shin Akuma and IMO Seth wouldn't be able to defeat Magaki.

#36 Posted by nini200 (10823 posts) -

[QUOTE="nini200"]Nah, Omega Rugal can defeat Igniz. Normal Rugal vs Bison maybe could work or U. Rugal Vs Igniz would be a better matchup. I always think of Nightmare Geese vs Akuma as a great match and Shin Mr. Karate vs Shin Akuma. Krizalid could be a good boss vs Gil possibly. Magaki would have to battle Seth just because I want to see that fight. I wonder if Seth could get in on Magaki with all them OP projectile he throws.madsnakehhh

I don't think Omega Rugal was that strong, granted he had the Orochi Power but only some, i don't think he was stronger than Goenitz, i'm agree with Nightmare Geese and Akuma, i also believe that Goenitz could take on Shin Akuma and IMO Seth wouldn't be able to defeat Magaki.

Actually Omega Rugal was Stronger than Ultimate Rugal. SNK actually stated this and the moves that Ultimate Rugal was Trying to use were the moves that Omega Rugal has and was using. Ultimate Rugal was Stronger than Shin Akuma if I remember correctly but I think Ultimate Rugal couldn't handle all that power of Orochi And Dark Hadou.

I get ya. Their basing it off of storyline power instead of in game ability.

Oh man, the reason I came to the Nightmare Geese/Akuma matchup is because I witnessed it on a youtube video and they were going in. Oh wait, that was Shin Akuma that Nightmare Geese was battling!!! O.O

Here's the Video (Sorry for the Quality)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L66xwEbB97w

but you'll see how uncannily similar they are:

#37 Posted by AdmiralBison (3970 posts) -

[QUOTE="Lucianu"]

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

madsnakehhh

Not really, Omega Rugal only took a little bit of the Orochi Power, he was still very underpowered copared to Yashiro or Goenitz and of course Orochi himself. IMO Omega Rugal vs SFA Bison would be even as well as SF2 Bison vs Kof 94 Rugal.

Yes but in Capcom VS SNK2 he had part of the Orochi and part of the Dark Hadou mixed and he couldn't handle the power of both or maybe the dark hadou. either way he may have been underpowered compared to Orochi.
#38 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

I always thought of Megaman as Capcom's posterboy.. but whatevs.

#39 Posted by madsnakehhh (15285 posts) -

I always thought of Megaman as Capcom's posterboy.. but whatevs.

MLBknights58

I'm sure it was at some point in the 90's, nowadays Capcom posterboys is him:

troll

#40 Posted by omenodebander (1399 posts) -

Some of the most absurdly powerful snk bosses include: Igniz, Rugal, Magaki, Saiki, Mukai, Goeniz, Zero (clone) and finally Orochi. These guys make other fighting game bosses look like weaksuace

#41 Posted by vtoshkatur (1949 posts) -

Twin-Blade

^this

/thread

#42 Posted by AdmiralBison (3970 posts) -
The question now which on is more powerful? Dark Hadou or Orochi (Evil Energy)
#43 Posted by AdmiralBison (3970 posts) -

Some of the most absurdly powerful snk bosses include: Igniz, Rugal, Magaki, Saiki, Mukai, Goeniz, Zero (clone) and finally Orochi. These guys make other fighting game bosses look like weaksuace

omenodebander
also a lot of them are extremely unrealistic and exaggerated. may as well be called 'king of gods'. Capcom is also going that trend now with super hyped up bossess with supernatural powers that will often stand there shooting beams or light, resurrections, dark powers, raging flying demons. None of them are normal
#44 Posted by kage_53 (12671 posts) -
Ryu can just go berserk on Kyo with the dark hadou. Terry would easily beat Ken though. [QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]The question now which on is more powerful? Dark Hadou or Orochi (Evil Energy)

In SF3's endings Akuma destroyed an entire mountain with his fist and destroyed a ship with a kick..Yeah, I think we know which power is stronger at least in brute strength anyway.
#45 Posted by omenodebander (1399 posts) -

Ryu can just go berserk on Kyo with the dark hadou. Terry would easily beat Ken though. [QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]The question now which on is more powerful? Dark Hadou or Orochi (Evil Energy)kage_53
In SF3's endings Akuma destroyed an entire mountain with his fist and destroyed a ship with a kick..Yeah, I think we know which power is stronger at least in brute strength anyway.

Nope Orochi would still win.

#46 Posted by Mercenary848 (9191 posts) -

We all can agree Saiki was kind of a lame villian. Not only was he a clone(copied all of a better charachters moves) he had little personality and motive. The fight with dark ash was more engaging.

#47 Posted by OneSanitarium (6934 posts) -

Not only was he a clone(copied all of a better charachters moves)

Mercenary848

Yeah man, I hate how he took ashes motions and teleports and air normals and stuff. Wait.

They may be sprite clones, but Saiki is in now way JUST a copy of Ash. Sure, they share a single fireball (with the HP versions being different for each character) and the flash kicks, as well as the fireball super, but...

Ash has (at least in this game): Germinal Caprice, the in-place fireball for wake up pressure and controlling space, and not to mention Sans-Coulette (and follow up super). He's also a charge character.

Saiki has: Teleports, the kick move with teleport follow ups, a HP fireball for AA and out and combos and the like, air command normals with different uses, different supers.

I might be wrong about this in terms of longer combos, but Saiki also does better damage.

#48 Posted by AdmiralBison (3970 posts) -

[QUOTE="kage_53"]Ryu can just go berserk on Kyo with the dark hadou. Terry would easily beat Ken though. [QUOTE="AdmiralBison"]The question now which on is more powerful? Dark Hadou or Orochi (Evil Energy)omenodebander

Nope Orochi would still win.

how? I'm not sure at what height Orochi power is except for Orochi himself, but Dark Hadou does not stop at Akuma. At the end of Capcom vs SNK 2 when Shin Akuma is defeated the Dark Hadou is talking to him revives him and will not allow him to rest. Also in SF4 the Dark Hadou is obviously of used not just by humans or shoto fighters but a demon like Oni.