Ryse: Son of Rome - Forging the Armor and Weapons

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

How rad is this? Rad to the max.

#2 Edited by bobbetybob (18853 posts) -

Damn, that's pretty awesome, it's like the ultimate cosplay.

#3 Posted by YD_11 (1523 posts) -

That is pretty sweet. I'm sure it costs a pretty penny to make too. Looking forward to seeing if Ryse can play as nicely as it looks

#4 Edited by KarateeeChop (4585 posts) -

mind blowing. hyped to the max.

#5 Posted by EnviousEyezOnMe (244 posts) -

Thanks for the post. Nov.22 is taking forever!

#6 Posted by padaporra (3318 posts) -

I had the chance to play Ryse today and although I can't make any conclusion about the game, it made me believe the game can actually be ok. It certainly isn't as clunkly as I believed from earlier gameplay videos.

It might be a solid game to have as a launch title.

About the video, I liked it. They could have shown the real versions of the armors and weapons for comparison. It's very cool that Ryse is giving its own feel to Ancient Rome.

#7 Edited by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

Thanks for the post. Nov.22 is taking forever!

Your sig is amazing

#8 Posted by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -

720p

#9 Posted by Desmonic (10374 posts) -

That video was awesome as f*ck. I couldn't even imagine the armour/character design contained such intricated details, pulled from different eras of the Roma Empire. Cool stuff really :)

#10 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

I had the chance to play Ryse today and although I can't make any conclusion about the game, it made me believe the game can actually be ok. It certainly isn't as clunkly as I believed from earlier gameplay videos.

It might be a solid game to have as a launch title.

About the video, I liked it. They could have shown the real versions of the armors and weapons for comparison. It's very cool that Ryse is giving its own feel to Ancient Rome.

Cows used year old footage as "ownage" so of course all the combat problems will be ironed out for launch. I cannot wait personally. Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3 and Ryse. Day One baybay :)

#11 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

Can you forge different weapons and armor in the game? Is there customization?

#12 Posted by shawn30 (3696 posts) -

Looks great, I just want a single player launch trailer for the finished game.

#13 Posted by freedomfreak (36429 posts) -

Yeah, that's rad. Holy shit, that's rad.

#14 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23418 posts) -

Devs constantly rage about the costs associated with modern game development, yet they're having someone hand craft a 24 caret gold plated suit of armor just to sit in their lobby?

#15 Posted by 2mrw (4950 posts) -

looks as uninteresting as it was before I saw the video.

#16 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Devs constantly rage about the costs associated with modern game development, yet they're having someone hand craft a 24 caret gold plated suit of armor just to sit in their lobby?

Maybe it has something to do with that Ryse live action web series that's being reported on.

#17 Edited by cainetao11 (14394 posts) -

Yeah looking forward to Ryse.

#18 Posted by Heil68 (40500 posts) -

Looks really good. I still think the gameplay will drag it down. Guess we'll see.

#19 Edited by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

Looks downgraded more and more with every new video.

#20 Posted by lundy86_4 (41656 posts) -

So badass. Can't wait to try out the game.

#21 Edited by k2theswiss (16219 posts) -

as much as i can say this game looks very nice. The gameplay is what scares me....

#22 Edited by k2theswiss (16219 posts) -

720p

900p

YOU SIR FAIL!

have issue with 900p now? cough bf4 cough

either way the 720p games rumour is tied to driver issues rumour.

#23 Edited by Snugenz (11114 posts) -

Honestly, i'd rather play with the armor than the game...

#24 Posted by sethman410 (2889 posts) -

What does rad mean? lol

#25 Edited by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

You know when something is bad when there are no gifs to be seen. The animation in face looked like a ventriloquist puppet lol.

#26 Edited by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -
#27 Posted by k2theswiss (16219 posts) -

You know when something is bad when there are no gifs to be seen. The animation in face looked like a ventriloquist puppet lol.

HUH?

@Snugenz said:

ha, sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on that stuff either!

#28 Edited by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

HUH?

@Snugenz said:

lol http://www.abload.de/img/vb2arl2o.gif

#29 Posted by Snugenz (11114 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

HUH?

@Snugenz said:

With Halloween around the corner could you imagine walking into a party with that kit on, awww yeah. And if anyone started talking shit about the skirt you'd have the sword to teach em what-for.

#30 Posted by k2theswiss (16219 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@k2theswiss said:

@killzowned24 said:

HUH?

@Snugenz said:

With Halloween around the corner could you imagine walking into a party with that kit on, awww yeah. And if anyone started talking shit about the skirt you'd have the sword to teach em what-for.

haha AWEEE YEAAA. I NEED for Halloween party next week!

#31 Posted by lundy86_4 (41656 posts) -
#32 Posted by R3FURBISHED (9449 posts) -

That is a beautiful set of armor - more amazing that armor comparable to that one were being made 2000 years ago.

#33 Posted by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -
#34 Edited by lundy86_4 (41656 posts) -

Yeah, not sped up at all.

The lip syncing is off, but it's definitely a bad GIF. Wait until the final release.

#35 Posted by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

Yeah, not sped up at all.

The lip syncing is off, but it's definitely a bad GIF. Wait until the final release.

Why would you post an old video and not use the one its taken from? Oh ,because its not sped up LOL

#36 Edited by lundy86_4 (41656 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Why would you post an old video and not use the one its taken from? Oh ,because its not sped up LOL

Show me the one it's taken from. I looked, and searched through footage. If i'm wrong, then awesome.

#37 Edited by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Show me the one it's taken from. I looked, and searched through footage. If i'm wrong, then awesome.

DERP, what do you think this thread is?

#38 Posted by Tessellation (8770 posts) -
#39 Edited by lundy86_4 (41656 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

A thread regarding a video on creating the Ryse armour. If your GIF was in the video, then by all means, show it. I don't remember seeing it.

#40 Posted by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -
#41 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3117 posts) -

Grab some glasses troll, not as downgraded as your blabbering posts. Like idiots claiming that Killzone doesn't look good, you look just as ridiculous spewing nonsense on Ryse. Clearly both games are the torches to kick off this generation.... geesh, shouldn't expect any less though...

#42 Posted by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

Grab some glasses troll, not as downgraded as your blabbering posts. Like idiots claiming that Killzone doesn't look good, you look just as ridiculous spewing nonsense on Ryse. Clearly both games are the torches to kick off this generation.... geesh, shouldn't expect any less though...

pretty sad lems torch is sub 1080p LOL.

#43 Edited by lundy86_4 (41656 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@killzowned24 said:

A thread regarding a video on creating the Ryse armour. If your GIF was in the video, then by all means, show it.

Lems don't even watch their own videos lol.

http://youtu.be/94oKJz5KYMM?t=2m23s

I'm a Lem? We don't even have a voice over for that. So, at the end of the day, we're commenting on a GIF with no voice over? I assumed it was a poor choice due to the fast lip movement... Yet you choose something with no voice over, whatsoever.

What was the point?

#44 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1141 posts) -

Not sure what is so impressive about that video.

#45 Posted by casharmy (6754 posts) -
#46 Posted by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -
#47 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Not sure what is so impressive about that video.

Not surprising, you have a walking dead sig.

#48 Posted by lundy86_4 (41656 posts) -

@casharmy said:

lol, lundy owned

Why?

His point was that it looked like a ventriloquist puppet... There was no audio... Even in the video he showed. How would it not?

#49 Posted by Innovazero2000 (3117 posts) -

@Innovazero2000 said:

@killzowned24 said:

pretty sad lems torch is sub 1080p LOL.

And? 900p, woopy doo. The supersampling upscaler does a hell of a job up to 1080p. It still is arguably the best display of the Cryengine 3 engine to date...you are drawing at straws here...

#50 Posted by killzowned24 (7066 posts) -

@casharmy said:

lol, lundy owned

Why?

His point was that it looked like a ventriloquist puppet... There was no audio... Even in the video he showed. How would it not?

But teh sped up..lol