Ryse looks great to me. I have a mind of my own.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Thunder7151
#1 Edited by Thunder7151 (446 posts) -

Game review websites are good and all, but sometimes you have to trust your own gut feelings about a game. IMO, Ryse is obviously a great game, and the gameplay videos of it prove this.

The reviews for it on gaming websites seem polarizing as well. Some really like Ryse, while others think it's extremely mediocre (most likely due to bias against the XBOX ONE). Just remember, an opinion is nothing but that, an OPINION.

Avatar image for rjdofu
#2 Edited by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Cool blog, captain.

Want a cookie?

Avatar image for Sweenix
#3 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Wow, lems are getting desperate now.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#4 Posted by lglz1337 (4798 posts) -

oh now we backing off bbut bbut the opinion
yesterday another story

Avatar image for StriateEnd
#5 Posted by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

Nopppppppppeeeeeee. Ryse = Biggest flop of the new gen!

Avatar image for jsmoke03
#6 Edited by jsmoke03 (13696 posts) -

good for you....but you know this is system wars right?

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#7 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

Worst damage control ever, reviews are opinions but you should worry when every "opinion" is saying the same, the game is a craptastic mess.

Avatar image for mammojo
#8 Posted by mammojo (582 posts) -

How is Ryse "OBVIOUSLY a great game"?

According to professional reviewers (unlike yourself) who have actually played the game (unlike yourself) It's not been a mediocre game... It's a bad game.

I'm more willing to accept the opinion of many professional game reviewers than the opinion of some guy who is now feeling bad and questioning his decision to purchase this product.

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#9 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Wow, lems are getting desperate now.

I don't think he's even a true lem. I've been clocking him for some time, he looks like a fakeboy.

Avatar image for remiks00
#10 Posted by remiks00 (3739 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Wow, lems are getting desperate now.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#11 Posted by Gaming-Planet (17664 posts) -

Ryse is worse than Knack.

Avatar image for Thunder7151
#12 Edited by Thunder7151 (446 posts) -

@mammojo said:

How is Ryse "OBVIOUSLY a great game"?

According to professional reviewers (unlike yourself) who have actually played the game (unlike yourself) It's not been a mediocre game... It's a bad game.

I'm more willing to accept the opinion of many professional game reviewers than the opinion of some guy who is now feeling bad and questioning his decision to purchase this product.

Many people who have played the game at gaming shows thought it was great!!

LOL @ "professional" game reviewers <-- they are just normal people with opinions that are no more valuable than anyone else's opinion. There are no special skills involved with being a game reviewer other than having fundamental understanding of how to operate a video game controller.

Many of those "professional" game reviewers, who gave Ryse a mediocre score, are no doubt bias against the XBOX ONE and are trying to purposely be extra harsh when judging XBOX ONE's launch titles (especially one as popular and anticipated as Ryse). Hardly unbiased and fair.

Avatar image for Krelian-co
#13 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Sweenix said:

Wow, lems are getting desperate now.

I don't think he's even a true lem. I've been clocking him for some time, he looks like a fakeboy.

he does say some incredibly stupid things that makes me think he really is a lem.

Avatar image for W1NGMAN-
#14 Posted by W1NGMAN- (10028 posts) -

You've yet to play the game, end thread.

Avatar image for remiks00
#15 Posted by remiks00 (3739 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

@mammojo said:

How is Ryse "OBVIOUSLY a great game"?

According to professional reviewers (unlike yourself) who have actually played the game (unlike yourself) It's not been a mediocre game... It's a bad game.

I'm more willing to accept the opinion of many professional game reviewers than the opinion of some guy who is now feeling bad and questioning his decision to purchase this product.

Many people who have played the game at gaming shows thought it was great!!

LOL @ "professional" game reviewers <-- they are just normal people with opinions that are no more valuable than anyone else's opinion. There are no special skills involved with being a game reviewer other than having fundamental understanding of how to operate a video game controller.

Many of those "professional" game reviewers, who gave Ryse a mediocre score, are no doubt bias against the XBOX ONE and are trying to purposely be extra harsh when judging XBOX ONE's launch titles (especially one as popular and anticipated as Ryse). Hardly unbiased and fair.

Wow...., so NOW you laugh at "professional" reviews because they bash a game you put on the pedestal? But you probably scorned Playstation fans for their mediocre "professional " reviews as well.

Doesn't that make you a hypocrite?

Avatar image for Crossel777
#16 Posted by Crossel777 (6176 posts) -

Ryse looks like shit to me.

Avatar image for sukraj
#17 Posted by sukraj (26590 posts) -

I'm gunna play the game I couldn't care less if it got a 1.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#18 Edited by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@Sweenix said:

Wow, lems are getting desperate now.

I don't think he's even a true lem. I've been clocking him for some time, he looks like a fakeboy.

People always say that when fanboys act embarrassing.

Avatar image for Crossel777
#20 Posted by Crossel777 (6176 posts) -

Only lemms would pay $60 for this horse dung, give me Knack over this pile of shit any day.

Avatar image for immortality20
#21 Posted by immortality20 (8534 posts) -

The more I watched the live streams, the more I liked it. I will probably skip it day 1 tomorrow, but I will get it by the end of the year probably. Maybe drop a hint to friends it'd make a good present.

Avatar image for drekula2
#22 Posted by drekula2 (3349 posts) -

Does your own mind like QTE's?

Avatar image for Sollet
#23 Posted by Sollet (8039 posts) -

Ryse is the new Lair.

Who am I kidding Lair > Ryse score wise lol.

Avatar image for Timstuff
#24 Posted by Timstuff (26839 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

Ryse is worse than Knack.

While a 4 is a 4 regardless, I think it's worth taking into consideration that Ryse probably had 10x the budget that Knack did.

Avatar image for sukraj
#25 Posted by sukraj (26590 posts) -

@Crossel777 said:

Only lemms would pay $60 for this horse dung, give me Knack over this pile of shit any day.

Knack is crap

Avatar image for Thunder7151
#26 Edited by Thunder7151 (446 posts) -

Just remember this everyone: The original "Risen" game has a Gamespot score of 7 and a Metacritic score of 77, yet it is one of the greatest PC RPGs ever made!!

So what does that tell you? DON'T TRUST GAME REVIEWS!! JUDGE GAMES FOR YOURSELF!!

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#27 Edited by MonsieurX (35562 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

Just remember this everyone: The original "Risen" game has a Gamespot score of 7 and a Metacritic score of 77, yet it is one of the greatest PC RPGs ever made!!

So what does that tell you? DON'T TRUST GAME REVIEWS!! JUDGE GAMES FOR YOURSELF!!

It is?

Since when?

Avatar image for Thunder7151
#28 Edited by Thunder7151 (446 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@Thunder7151 said:

Just remember this everyone: The original "Risen" game has a Gamespot score of 7 and a Metacritic score of 77, yet it is one of the greatest PC RPGs ever made!!

So what does that tell you? DON'T TRUST GAME REVIEWS!! JUDGE GAMES FOR YOURSELF!!

It is?

Since when?

In the PC gaming community, Risen is well known to be one of the greatest PC RPGs ever made.

Avatar image for drinkerofjuice
#29 Posted by drinkerofjuice (4567 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

Just remember this everyone: The original "Risen" game has a Gamespot score of 7 and a Metacritic score of 77, yet it is one of the greatest PC RPGs ever made!!

What? Oh, god no.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#30 Edited by MonsieurX (35562 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Thunder7151 said:

Just remember this everyone: The original "Risen" game has a Gamespot score of 7 and a Metacritic score of 77, yet it is one of the greatest PC RPGs ever made!!

So what does that tell you? DON'T TRUST GAME REVIEWS!! JUDGE GAMES FOR YOURSELF!!

It is?

Since when?

In the PC gaming community, Risen is well known to be one of the greatest PC RPGs ever made.

Never knew that.

But it's not

Avatar image for locopatho
#31 Posted by locopatho (22682 posts) -

I've played it. It's a clunky, button bashing QTE fest. It could be some mindless fun but it will never be a good, never mind great game.

Avatar image for Puckhog04
#32 Edited by Puckhog04 (22814 posts) -

And I'm enjoying Knack despite reviews. What does that really mean? Means I like Knack and you like Ryse. But, again, both are garbage in terms of reviews. Stop the denial with this "I have a mind of my own" crap. Grow up.

Avatar image for YD_11
#33 Edited by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

I'm still picking it up. I watched a few reviews now and it's still what i was expecting out of it. Shame it scored so low here (lowest scoring review out there currently)

Avatar image for FragTycoon
#34 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

Ryse is crap... who didn't know this?

Now all lems are race game fans.... XD

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#35 Posted by uninspiredcup (21134 posts) -

If you really had a mind of your own, you wouldn't be trying to justify it to everyone.

Avatar image for HadOne2Many
#36 Posted by HadOne2Many (1485 posts) -

TC if you want to spend $60 on this game go right ahead. But you must be high if you think you are going to convince us this game is good.

Avatar image for gMcR
#37 Edited by gMcR (216 posts) -
@Thunder7151 said:

The reviews for it on gaming websites seem polarizing as well. Some really like Ryse, while others think it's extremely mediocre (most likely due to bias against the XBOX ONE).

Yes, any reviewer who thinks Ryse is mediocre is obviously biased. (Lem logic)

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#38 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (30383 posts) -

Keep it in the official thread. Especially when you feel like you need to make a thread that belongs in a blog.