Ryse is coming to the PC!

#201 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

And begins the Xbox journey, yet again, into the realm of the multiplat, devoid of any exclusives.

Playstation the only system that got games, and exclusives.

SDC

#202 Posted by IgGy621985 (4817 posts) -

I just don't get what does Crytek expects from releasing Ryse on PC.

It surely won't sell better than on X1. Unless they bundle it with graphics cards.

#203 Posted by blackace (20865 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@blackace: @Wasdie: crytek is publishing the digital and deep silver is publishing the retail version

Oh ok. My mistake then. No money for M$ on the PC version. It'll still run on their O/S however.

#204 Posted by byhzyy (50 posts) -

cant wait to benchmark my pc with this game

#205 Edited by parkurtommo (27214 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

It surely won't sell better than on X1. Unless they bundle it with graphics cards.

I bet you it will sell better,

We love graphics.

At any rate, it will probably be the most pirated game ever lol.

#206 Posted by nutcrackr (12630 posts) -

Didn't really expect to see this on PC, thought for sure MS had signed it up as a exclusive forever. Guess they got one year out of it?

#207 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

haha, imagine if ryse released on linux as well as windows. http://www.crytek.com/news/conference-attendees-can-also-see-a-brand-new-mobile-game-extra-engine-updates-and-much-more-at-crytek-s-booth

#208 Posted by Alucard_Prime (3030 posts) -

Enjoy PC gamers, game got medicore critical reception but I thought it was great fun, old school gameplay and the legendary executions are hard to get. Survival mode online with someone else is great also, takes a while to get the gold needed for the highest tier armors. It will be interesting to see how this looks in Super HD compared to the X1 version, no doubt it will crush it but still it will be interesting to see....they are claiming that this game will become a benchmark for PC graphics basically(for a while anyways).

#209 Edited by uninspiredcup (8918 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

It seems rather obviose my friend. Crytek are typically associated with cutting edge graphics and pc gamers as graphic whores. Chances are they aren't banking on the gameplay but as a benchmark.

Looking at the media information, this is primarily what they are focusing on.

#210 Posted by kuu2 (7364 posts) -

Hold on, so for the last year everyone was bashing this game but now it is being considered a loss now that it is going to PC?

Ok........lulz.

#211 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Hold on, so for the last year everyone was bashing this game but now it is being considered a loss now that it is going to PC?

Ok........lulz.

We just enjoy seeing Xbox One lose another exclusive to the PC.

#212 Edited by m3dude1 (1362 posts) -

looking forward to seeing performance on a range of hardware. herms got lucky here

#213 Edited by BldgIrsh (2684 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet said:

@kuu2 said:

Ok........lulz.

We just enjoy seeing Xbox One lose another exclusive to the PC.

This.

Don't think anyone on this thread is genuinely excited to play this game heh. It'll serve its purpose as a benchmark.

#214 Edited by ccagracing (811 posts) -

Does losing year old exclusive titles really count as unless its a massive game like GTA5 which has sold 34 million surely the hype and demand will have died down?

#215 Edited by kipsta77 (1014 posts) -

Ryse: Remastered

#216 Posted by Karnage108 (2409 posts) -

Why are the same people laughing that this game flopped laughing that it's on PC now? Self-ownage?

#217 Edited by sSubZerOo (43215 posts) -

.. Yeah no thanks.. This is going to basically be a tech demo with QTE's at full retail.. Why are people excited about this? This game from what I have seen, represents much to what is wrong with mainstream gaming right now.

#218 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6560 posts) -

Somehow all that went through my head was the old DE:HR Meme "I never asked for this"

#219 Posted by blangenakker (2379 posts) -

Can I just try the benchmark version?

#220 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

You can have all the shitty games! haha

#221 Edited by farrell2k (6330 posts) -

Hermits when it was exclusive to xbox one: Lemmings can have it. Looks like shit.

Hermits when its announced for PC: I can't wait to benchmark this with my 780ti!!!!1111one

#222 Edited by lundy86_4 (43515 posts) -

Nice. The game was decent. It'd be nice to see this pushed at 1080p+ with high framerates.

Still, hopefully it's priced well... Considering we've heard how "easy" ports are from X1 to PC and vice versa.

#223 Edited by Daious (1363 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Hermits when it was exclusive to xbox one: Lemmings can have it. Looks like shit.

Hermits when its announced for PC: I can't wait to benchmark this with my 780ti!!!!1111one

No one really cares to play it. It would be a nice benchmark. Whats wrong with that? If its priced at like 30-40 dollars, I would pick it up to see my frame rate at 4k. The game was just eyecandy to begin with.

#224 Posted by WallofTruth (1745 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@IgGy621985 said:

It seems rather obviose my friend. Crytek are typically associated with cutting edge graphics and pc gamers as graphic whores. Chances are they aren't banking on the gameplay but as a benchmark.

PC gamers are graphic whores? Hmm, I wonder how all these 8 bit indie games sell so well then, or how Minecraft sold over 13 million copies on PC..hmm..oh...uninspirecup post, I get it.

#225 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

Well it looks a lot better on PC from those shots.

#226 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

PC has more.

#227 Posted by uninspiredcup (8918 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@IgGy621985 said:

PC gamers are graphic whores? Hmm, I wonder how all these 8 bit indie games sell so well then, or how Minecraft sold over 13 million copies on PC..hmm..oh...uninspirecup post, I get it.

My friend, rather than have a sophisticated multidimensional viewpoint (like mine) it appears you have adopted a rather simplistic black and white one that becomes folly when approached by reality.

To explain clearly and help you understand (and thus better yourself), it should be noted the pc is in fact a collection of various markets to make a whole. These are typically called "segments".

#228 Posted by MonsieurX (30415 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

And begins the Xbox journey, yet again, into the realm of the multiplat, devoid of any exclusives.

SDC

Excluding HD ports,it doesn't have much...kinda sad :(

#229 Edited by airshocker (29865 posts) -

Will not touch.

#230 Posted by bloodlust_101 (2716 posts) -

So list of XBone exclusives...

Forza 5..
...Kinect sports rivals?

I like this gen so far :)

#231 Edited by DJ_Headshot (6243 posts) -

I'll get it once it gets heavily discounted during a sale doesn't look like that great of a game game play wise but looks really nice in the graphics department. Although imo the biggest improvement for the PC version will be the higher framerate that will be possible due to stronger hardware the fact that it will look even better then xbone in graphics is icing on the cake.

#232 Posted by WallofTruth (1745 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@walloftruth said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@IgGy621985 said:

My friend, rather than have a sophisticated multidimensional viewpoint (like mine) it appears you have adopted a rather simplistic black and white one that becomes folly when approached by reality.

To explain clearly and help you understand (and thus better yourself), it should be noted the pc is in fact a collection of various markets to make a whole. These are typically called "segments".

My friend, what has this to do with you claiming PC gamers being graphic whores?

#233 Edited by Yrkoon99 (456 posts) -

good one crytek you bring out your worst game and try to port it to my pc, no thx :(

only good games they made were farcry 1 and crysis 1+ warhead, i would never buy rise wtf just why... not even for a drunken joke when its 99 pence in a steam sale.. wtf just why?????

#234 Posted by m3dude1 (1362 posts) -

ryse isnt worse than crysis 2/3. all 3 games are equally mediocre.

#235 Posted by parkurtommo (27214 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

ryse isnt worse than crysis 2/3. all 3 games are equally mediocre.

I disagree.

#236 Posted by parkurtommo (27214 posts) -

@walloftruth said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@walloftruth said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@IgGy621985 said:

My friend, what has this to do with you claiming PC gamers being graphic whores?

Something something my friend.

#237 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

I'll buy it when it is sub $15

#238 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

XboxOneExclusive

PC+1ShittyGame

#239 Posted by blamix99 (2047 posts) -

the game will look beautiful on PC, but it will still suck big time. that game is boring as hell

#240 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (985 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

the game will look beautiful on PC, but it will still suck big time. that game is boring as hell

The original looked beautiful for a launch game. I bet the differences wont be that big.. incredible looking game.

#241 Posted by MK-Professor (3827 posts) -

They should only release it as a benchmarking tool, because let's face it, how is going to play this crap game?

#242 Posted by Evo_nine (1741 posts) -

Wow! nice.

IIll be getting this for sure, I loved playing ryse, was a lot better than the critics suggested.

And it will be a great way to test my new r9 290 crossfire setup.

#243 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1749 posts) -

Now PC gamers can play this horrible game at 4K :)

When is Quantum Break coming to PC? lol

#244 Posted by pelvist (4854 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

Probably after the weak sales figures for the XBONE version get released.

#245 Posted by happyduds77 (1476 posts) -

@geniobastardo: Modded skyrim has some of the best foliage I have ever seen.

#246 Edited by funkmaster1233 (396 posts) -

Can't believe people ITT actually think that the MCC is going to go to PC.

#247 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

@geniobastardo: Modded skyrim has some of the best foliage I have ever seen.

modders can do anything my dear. They can even make Ke$ha look prettier.

#248 Posted by GhoX (5027 posts) -

Do they honestly expect this severely limited game to achieve anything except failure on PC? Crytek really has lost it.

#249 Edited by B4X (5106 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

I would say in 6 months to a year. All remedy games release on the PC.

#250 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5095 posts) -

@blackace said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Xbone losing third and second party exclusive after exclusive. I'd be seriously concerned about this if I was thinking of getting a Bone.

Guess you'll have to add a bunch of asterisks to the games list now. "*Has a very good chance of becoming multiplat after a couple of months"

I wouldn't be since it's a game most gamers won't waste their time getting if they buy an XB1. How many exclusives did the PS3 lose last gen? MGS, DMC, Katimara Damacy, Ace Combat, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Demon Souls, Dark Souls, etc...... The difference is the XBox exclusives are going to PC and running on Microsoft O/S. They aren't going to the PS3/PS4 platform unlike the titles I listed. People keep forgetting XBox/PC = M$ .

Wow, all those third party exclusives. Meanwhile second party games partially paid for by MS are fleeing the console en masse. Happened last gen, happened this. And it'll be worse this time around.

By the way, PC gaming is owned by Steam, which is run by Valve, which has a flaky relationship with MS.