Ryse is coming to the PC!

#151 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

Ill get on steam sale for a benchmark tool.

#152 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (795 posts) -

Poor lems.

But especially, poor cows, the best looking console game is coming to the Master Race, leaving I:SS even more irrelevant.

#153 Posted by Heil68 (45788 posts) -

Another win for gen 8 leader the quad, who enjoys the most retail exclusives.

#154 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38217 posts) -

I'd like to see it all kitted out on PC alright. Some of the visuals in the game on X1 are already impressive.

The game itself is pretty shit though

#155 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18414 posts) -

rofl, this is why Sony first party is unbeatable. they simply don't get shipped to PC.

#156 Posted by Snugenz (12045 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Good I guess for those that wanted to play it without a X1. Other than that, meh.

So nobody :P

#157 Edited by iwasgood2u (824 posts) -

@bldgirsh: I like that comeback. Indie games are not restricted from creativity and are not being controlled. Last I remember xboner couldnt run an indie game trial fusion and last gen game at 1080p. Nice attempt but I think you should turn around and walk away before you look more stupid. Go give your xboner a hug.

#158 Posted by sailor232 (4927 posts) -

Great stuff, more people can play the game, and at the way it was meant to run (if done right). I hope all Xbox games come to pc, that way I get a choice on which system to buy it on, ie I bought Titanfall on Xbox one over pc because I hate origin and want the achievements. Some games feel better on Pc while other feel better on console, having the choice is a great thing.

#159 Posted by BldgIrsh (2793 posts) -

@iwasgood2u said:

@bldgirsh: I like that comeback. Indie games are not restricted from creativity and are not being controlled. Last I remember xboner couldnt run an indie game trial fusion and last gen game at 1080p. Nice attempt but I think you should turn around and walk away before you look more stupid. Go give your xboner a hug.

You haven't been here for the past few weeks have you?

#160 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3384 posts) -

Now all that's left is Quantum Break, possibly Sunset Overdrive and Scalebound. If Sony doesn't own Bloodborne's IP, i can see that coming to pc aswell.

edit: nope SCE japan

#161 Edited by PannicAtack (21040 posts) -

Why? Who was asking for this to be on the PC?

It's not like the game's gonna be significantly better.

#162 Posted by Wasdie (50278 posts) -

@PannicAtack said:

Nobody is asking, Crytek is just trying to expand the amount of markets that Ryse is in to try to make back their money. It hasn't done well on the Xbox One mainly because it's not all that great of a game outside of looking pretty.

#163 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5082 posts) -

Incredible. Morning coffee, and this piece of news. Fantastic.

#164 Posted by harry_james_pot (11043 posts) -

Hahahaha! Poor Xbox.. :D

#165 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4358 posts) -

Meh , waiting for Quantum Break PC announcement . Now that will be something special , both on Xbox One and PC . Anyways ... it'll be interesting to see , how Ryse looks on PC (probably the graphics king until Unreal Tournament or Witcher 3 come out) .

This announcement also reminds me of Chris Robert's statement from few months ago where he said that , he know alot of people in game industry (specially Crytek) and all of them are working on PC version of their games .

#166 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16995 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@R4gn4r0k: One statement was made in relation to big studios closing and Nintendo's constant affinity for red ink, and the other was tongue in cheek.

Go shave your neckbeard.

Making up excuses, ok

But insults ? That's not behaviour fit for a gamespot moderator, don't you think ?

#167 Posted by musicalmac (23149 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:

Making up excuses, ok

But insults ? That's not behaviour fit for a gamespot moderator, don't you think ?

What exactly was the excuse?

And it's reasonable to assume I have a clearer understanding of what it means to be a moderator, though I appreciate your willingness to question something of which you have little to no understanding.

To answer your question -- It's perfectly fine behavior for a mod to tell a neckbeard to clean himself up. It's actually good advice.

#168 Posted by PapaTrop (1643 posts) -

I didn't know so many people wanted to buy this game.

It seemed everyone made fun of the game before this announcement.

#169 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16995 posts) -

@musicalmac said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Making up excuses, ok

And it's reasonable to assume I have a clearer understanding of what it means to be a moderator, though I appreciate your willingness to question something of which you have little to no understanding.

To answer your question -- It's perfectly fine behavior for a mod to tell a neckbeard to clean himself up. It's actually good advice.

Still using insulting terms...

"One statement was made in relation to big studios closing and Nintendo's constant affinity for red ink, and the other was tongue in cheek."

Obviously excuses for your statements I called out to be unthruthfull

Comon man, you can come up with way better arguments than going ahead and insultingly call someone a neckbeard. Or even avoid the discussion altogether.

you had zero reason to start using insulting terms. I gave you none. So I have no idea what reason I gave you to do so. Was it because I dared question something you stated ?

Was it because I couldn't read your "obvious" sarcasm in written text ?

If you are a moderator at least act that way !

#171 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1462 posts) -

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Poor lems.

But especially, poor cows, the best looking console game is coming to the Master Race, leaving I:SS even more irrelevant.

It won't sell for shit and then the PC master race will cry about how PC revenue is better.....how stupidly fitting.

#172 Posted by aroxx_ab (10493 posts) -

@papatrop said:

No1 want it, it is just funny lemz losing another exclusive to PC...

#173 Posted by SambaLele (5424 posts) -

@musicalmac said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Making up excuses, ok

That's outright arrogant to say the least.

That paragraph alone tells that you know little about your role.

#174 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14030 posts) -

inb4 Halo Master Chief Collection comes to PC.

#175 Posted by Alcapello (970 posts) -

First dead rising, now this??

PC is picking up by the looks of it fellas!!

The trend is definitely there, if this mean anything, we all know what next...Bloodborne!!!

#176 Posted by Pray_to_me (2922 posts) -

MS throws PC a flop bone.

#177 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

PC doesn't need any of these crappy console games. Although it'll be much better on PC no doubt.

#178 Posted by leandrro (909 posts) -

if they dont destroy the PC version making real 100% usage of both PCU and GPU (not like watch dogs that uses 40% of my GPU with 25fps)

than it will be very fun to see this game running on a 7770 just like it does on the X1

#179 Posted by Wasdie (50278 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Again, Microsoft isn't doing this port.

#180 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (795 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Poor lems.

It won't sell for shit and then the PC master race will cry about how PC revenue is better.....how stupidly fitting.

Sales are not relevant to my argument.

#181 Posted by clyde46 (46803 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@Pray_to_me said:

You aren't going to get through to him, he's a lost cause.

#182 Posted by PapaTrop (1643 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

@papatrop said:

No1 want it, it is just funny lemz losing another exclusive to PC...

An exclusive that people make fun of.

That's worth celebrating?

#183 Edited by lostrib (39195 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Seems like Crytek just wants another advertisement for CryEngine masquerading as a game:

"We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future."

#184 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

PC/PS4

Combo of the gen:-)

At this rate I will be able to play Xbox exclusives on my PC and PS exclusives on the PS4.

Lems can't catch a break.

#185 Edited by blackace (21092 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Scrap another exclusive from the Xbox One list.

Very Microsoft-y.

More like Xbox One's table scraps. PC = Microsoft = More Profits. I could understand this if the game was outstanding, but it's a waste of time getting this for the PC. It would be like Knack going to the PC. Not really needed or wanted.

#186 Edited by lostrib (39195 posts) -

@blackace said:

@freedomfreak said:

Very Microsoft-y.

More like Xbox One's table scraps. PC = Microsoft = More Profits. I could understand this if the game was outstanding, but it's a waste of time getting this for the PC. It would be like Knack going to the PC. Not really needed or wanted.

Um, what profits are they getting from this game?

#187 Posted by lawlessx (46855 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Seems like Crytek just wants another advertisement for CryEngine masquerading as a game:

"We’ve given our team the opportunity to show what CRYENGINE can really achieve, without compromising quality, thanks to the incredible hardware available now to PC gamers. Ryse will be a benchmark PC graphics showcase this year and probably for a long time in future."

you'd make a good PR guy.

#188 Edited by blackace (21092 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Xbone losing third and second party exclusive after exclusive. I'd be seriously concerned about this if I was thinking of getting a Bone.

Guess you'll have to add a bunch of asterisks to the games list now. "*Has a very good chance of becoming multiplat after a couple of months"

I wouldn't be since it's a game most gamers won't waste their time getting if they buy an XB1. How many exclusives did the PS3 lose last gen? MGS, DMC, Katimara Damacy, Ace Combat, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Demon Souls, Dark Souls, etc...... The difference is the XBox exclusives are going to PC and running on Microsoft O/S. They aren't going to the PS3/PS4 platform unlike the titles I listed. People keep forgetting XBox/PC = M$ .

@SolidGame_basic said:

rofl, this is why Sony first party is unbeatable. they simply don't get shipped to PC.

Demon's Souls?? Planetside?? No Man's Sky?? DC Online?? FF XIV?? lol!!

#189 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (897 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@PannicAtack said:

Nobody is asking, Crytek is just trying to expand the amount of markets that Ryse is in to try to make back their money. It hasn't done well on the Xbox One mainly because it's not all that great of a game outside of looking pretty.

The IP is owned by MS. I doubt Crytek had much (if any) deciding factor in regards to what platform it was on.

#190 Posted by Wasdie (50278 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Anything helps. Crytek is in the shitter financially.

#191 Edited by lostrib (39195 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster: crytek owns ryse

#192 Posted by Wasdie (50278 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

The IP is owned by MS. I doubt Crytek had much (if any) deciding factor in regards to what platform it was on.

You sure about that? It's not really sounding that way.

Seems like Deep Silver is the publisher. That makes me question ownership. Crytek may own the IP.

#193 Posted by blackace (21092 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@blackace said:

@freedomfreak said:

Very Microsoft-y.

Um, what profits are they getting from this game?

Aren't they publishing it on the PC?

#194 Posted by Wasdie (50278 posts) -

@blackace said:

Aren't they publishing it on the PC?

Looks like Deep Silver is.

#195 Posted by lostrib (39195 posts) -

@blackace: @Wasdie: crytek is publishing the digital and deep silver is publishing the retail version

#196 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3923 posts) -

I'm afraid I can't support this.. I'm all for Cryengine, but Ryse is NOT a game, which can be made compelling through technical prowess. Crysis was a good game on top of being beautiful, even the alien parts, which were "foreshadowed" 10 minutes into the whole thing.

Ryse is nothing of the sort. It's not even that impressive of a representation of CE3.

#197 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5082 posts) -

i wonder what the minimum system requirements are gonna be. 2x hdmi ports?

#198 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (897 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

You sure about that? It's not really sounding that way.

Seems like Deep Silver is the publisher. That makes me question ownership. Crytek may own the IP.

Actually, I was wrong. @lostrib is right. Crytek owns the IP.

I was confused. I thought MS had recently bought it, but it appears Crytek didn't want to sell it. That's one of the reasons the second game was cancelled.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-26-cryteks-ryse-2-canned-as-financial-struggle-spreads-to-shanghai

#199 Posted by IgGy621985 (4844 posts) -

Crysis 1 and Warhead were at least good games. I don't count Crysis 2 and 3 since they were utter crap.

Ryse is just a tech demonstrator. Can't say I'm particularly excited.

#200 Edited by SolidTy (44557 posts) -

It wasn't a good game, but it's pretty.

That's Crytek in a nutshell. This game almost or is still killing the company, I stated last year they shouldn't have made it exclusive after reading how devastating the development was.

I can see now in August 2014 that Crytek agree.