silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Why would a 4/10 be ported to anything instead of being forgotten? Xbone just been released and already lost two of its launch exclusives ROFL.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

That really blows for the X1....but really cool for PC gamers....hell I will see how it looks on the PC.

Why? Do you think ANYONE was looking at buying an X1 with Ryse exclusivity as an important box to check?

No but the X1 losing another exclusive isn't exactly the greatest news for the console......consoles are about exclusives. The Xbox brand has had a hard time holding on to exclusives.

I understand there are people, especially on forums who swear by games staying exclusive to a console for eternity. I am not one of them. It has sold or influenced x1 buyers all it ever would at this point. Business wise it only makes sense for the dev to be able to try and squeeze what ever else they can from it. If consoles are about exclusives, then this will be a weak gen because even Sony said there will be less AAA exclusives due to development cost.

Yeah it's months after just like DR3 but at the same time people will be like, we will just wait for these games to come to other consoles or PC instead of buying the X1. Now the rumblings are back the Halo MCC will come to the PC eventually even after yesterday MS said nope. And that collection will move consoles, unless people can get it on the PC later.

I hope the exclusives don't die because why not just play all these multiplats on the superior PC? And just imagine how boring E3 etc would be without exclusives. I think they are very important.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Kidding aside.....the 2 reasons I wanted a X1 at launch are now going to be available to me on PC.

This is such a kick to the nuts for the X1.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#104 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

So is it now a multiplat or another "Microsoft exclusive"? lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#105 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Hopefully it brings along the micro transactions as well. That way, I can give people money, for nothing.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Scrap another exclusive from the Xbox One list.

Very Microsoft-y.

That MCC exclusivity is looking a bit fragile now.

Would save me a nice chunk of money.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The game is so linear that even if you buy this to benchmark, it'll be like benchmarking a room in crysis 3 lol. Who the f*ck benchmarks a room?!?!?!

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I take it will have to be run with origin and not Steam :(

I'll get it if it's an acceptable price.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#109  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I see that as more of correlation does not equal causation. The cuts at Gamespot don't have much to do with the revenue of game devs and Nintendo's failure to market themselves has been a huge issue for sales of the WiiU.

Traditional gaming is doing great across all platforms, especially on the PC where it's experience growth thanks to a growing number of solid digital distribution options which keeps prices low and accessibility to games high.

Already the PS4 is at 9 million sold and the Xbox One is at 5 million sold, all within one year. Those numbers are much higher than the PS3/360 sales were at this time in their life spans. Game sales on those consoles have been strong too. The first year is never that profitable though as the manufacturers can't realize revenue as they are making back their R&D investment, but with PSN/XBL as well as a lot of 1st party games coming, profits should start much sooner in this generation than any before.

Worldwide gaming revenue in 2013 is somewhere around 93 billion. That's up from 79 billion in 2012. Mobile games currently make up the least amount of that and all are expected to rise except for handheld games which are expected to be replaced with more broad mobile games, something that shouldn't come as a shock to anybody.

The money is there. The consoles are going to be extremely profitable and bring in a lot of revenue each year and the predictions are that 2014 and 2015 see increasing revenue from pretty much all markets.

I think maybe some of your reasoning is too convenient. I'd be interested in seeing revenue figures for MS, Sony, and Nintendo and how much their current gen consoles have helped (or hurt) their bottom line.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#110  Edited By cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

That really blows for the X1....but really cool for PC gamers....hell I will see how it looks on the PC.

Why? Do you think ANYONE was looking at buying an X1 with Ryse exclusivity as an important box to check?

No but the X1 losing another exclusive isn't exactly the greatest news for the console......consoles are about exclusives. The Xbox brand has had a hard time holding on to exclusives.

I understand there are people, especially on forums who swear by games staying exclusive to a console for eternity. I am not one of them. It has sold or influenced x1 buyers all it ever would at this point. Business wise it only makes sense for the dev to be able to try and squeeze what ever else they can from it. If consoles are about exclusives, then this will be a weak gen because even Sony said there will be less AAA exclusives due to development cost.

Yeah it's months after just like DR3 but at the same time people will be like, we will just wait for these games to come to other consoles or PC instead of buying the X1. Now the rumblings are back the Halo MCC will come to the PC eventually even after yesterday MS said nope. And that collection will move consoles, unless people can get it on the PC later.

I hope the exclusives don't die because why not just play all these multiplats on the superior PC? And just imagine how boring E3 etc would be without exclusives. I think they are very important.

I agree they have their importance. But if 90% of a games sales are in the first 30-60 days of release, I get the point of not being exclusive forever. Nobody was buying an X1 for DR3 and Ryse at this point. But if they do buy an X1 instead of say WiiU or PS4, they can still play DR3 and Ryse (lol). As for MCC, that one is owned outright by MS. Ryse was not. So I doubt it will go PC anytime soon.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@b4x said:

@freedomfreak said:
@clyde46 said:

That MCC exclusivity is looking a bit fragile now.

Any exclusivity on a Microsoft console looks fragile.

Phil Spencer did say he was going to support the PC.

Plus Crytek needs money

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

A couple of things

1. The game will be about a year old when it is released... anyone who wanted it for the XB1 has bought it

2. This shows MS is all about the gamer ;) (joking -- not sure of the circumstances of their agreement with Crytek)

http://kotaku.com/divisive-xbox-one-launch-game-ryse-is-coming-to-pc-acc-1617573860

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#113  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Didn't it almost bankrupt Crytek? This is pure damage control on their part. They need to try and make their money back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#114 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

lolxbox"exclusives"

If you want REAL exclusives get a PS4 or a WiiU. MS doesnt know how to exclusive

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 chikenfriedrice

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I agree they have their importance. But if 90% of a games sales are in the first 30-60 days of release, I get the point of not being exclusive forever. Nobody was buying an X1 for DR3 and Ryse at this point. But if they do buy an X1 instead of say WiiU or PS4, they can still play DR3 and Ryse (lol). As for MCC, that one is owned outright by MS. Ryse was not. So I doubt it will go PC anytime soon.

You are probably right that the people that wanted to play Ryse already played it....most people will just want to see what it will look like on the PC...it will look awesome.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Considering Ryse's reputation, I'm wondering if it'll cost Crytek more money to port over than it would bring in.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I played Ryse and it was a fun button smasher.. not much longevity in it though

According to this links the XB1 has 33 exclusives

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_games

and the PS4 has 27

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Vatusus said:

lolxbox"exclusives"

If you want REAL exclusives get a PS4 or a WiiU. MS doesnt know how to exclusive

The "You're doing it wrong" meme seems to fit, eh.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

So basically PC is 2 platforms in one: PC and Xbox 1 :D

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 cainetao11  Online

@@chikenfriedrice: It reminds me of when Alan Wake went to PC. I had already played it, and laughed at all the 360 loses an exclusive. When aside from this fantasy land that is gaming forums there is nothing lost. Any sales or people that wanted to play the game and got the console in order to do so, probably has happened. Now a page or so back someone said the two games he got an X1 at launch for are available on PC and I guess he is hurt by it. I wanted to play DR3, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, and FH2 this year. So in Febuary I got an X1. But if I had waited I could have played the superior.......**** that! I have a mother that is dying in a nursing home and she is dropping pearls of wisdom these last few days. One thing she stresses is don't live with IF. It only fosters regrets. I bought the console and DR3 and enjoyed playing it. I am done with it now, so I wont look back and play IF. If a dog had a square asshole, it would shit bricks. In other words, IF means shit. Live for now.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Sweet . First Dead Rising 3 , now Ryse. BEST NEWS EVER :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 cainetao11  Online

@Vatusus said:

lolxbox"exclusives"

Well at least until PS5 comes out. Then the PS4 games will be available on PSNow as many PS3 games will be shortly, and Now is going to PCs and non Sony devices if successful.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 chikenfriedrice

@cainetao11 said:

@@chikenfriedrice: It reminds me of when Alan Wake went to PC. I had already played it, and laughed at all the 360 loses an exclusive. When aside from this fantasy land that is gaming forums there is nothing lost. Any sales or people that wanted to play the game and got the console in order to do so, probably has happened. Now a page or so back someone said the two games he got an X1 at launch for are available on PC and I guess he is hurt by it. I wanted to play DR3, Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, and FH2 this year. So in Febuary I got an X1. But if I had waited I could have played the superior.......**** that! I have a mother that is dying in a nursing home and she is dropping pearls of wisdom these last few days. One thing she stresses is don't live with IF. It only fosters regrets. I bought the console and DR3 and enjoyed playing it. I am done with it now, so I wont look back and play IF. If a dog had a square asshole, it would shit bricks. In other words, IF means shit. Live for now.

That dude is a cow and is lying, he was bashing Ryse in another thread lol.

Also sorry to hear about your mother and those are wise words.....god bless.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 cainetao11  Online

@chikenfriedrice:

Yeah been a rough week, with the doctor springing this on me and finals in Film production class next week. But that's life bro. At least September is almost here and I will be on Destiny with some old army buddies, getting 4 grand in state and fed aid on top of my GI Bill, so I hope to get my PS4 next month as well as a WiiU.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#125 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I'll give it a whirl since it's coming to PC.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

TLHBO!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@Wasdie: I really don't think this is going to help their bottom dollar. There's isn't as much money in gaming as there used to be. It's hitting both the developers and the individuals that cover gaming. Clearly.

@musicalmac said:

'Buy' may be an optimistic term...

Lol, more and more money in PC gaming (partly thanks to steam)

More and more console games making it over to PC (Dead Rising, metal gear solid rising, Ryse, GTA V, ...)

Yet you are making statements that are the complete opposite of the truth XD

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

oh yay...

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 chikenfriedrice

@cainetao11 said:

@chikenfriedrice:

Yeah been a rough week, with the doctor springing this on me and finals in Film production class next week. But that's life bro. At least September is almost here and I will be on Destiny with some old army buddies, getting 4 grand in state and fed aid on top of my GI Bill, so I hope to get my PS4 next month as well as a WiiU.

Sounds like a rough week....hopefully having all the consoles and finally some games at the end of the year to play will help ya escape, if only for a short time.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

So basically PC is 2 platforms on one: PC and Xbox 1 :D

It's an Xbox One that can output higher resolutions than 900p

4K Ryse confirmed !

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Good for Crytek. They want their game on the PC and being partnered with MS made it an easy transition.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

Dead Rising 3 and now Ryse. Is Halo next?

On another note, I'm a bit excited since this is essentially Space Marine set in the ancient era. I enjoyed Space Marine and I'm sure to enjoy this game on my AMD 8350, R9 290 rig.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Looks much better than the xbone version, possibly current gfx king for this gen.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#134 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@ps4hasnogames Need your input. Will this game utilize PC's "Powah?"

AugustEvans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 AugustEvans
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

Why buy an X1 if u don't know if its exclusives will stay exclusives?

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Looks like I am going to play the game at 4k resolution. Nice eye candy but terrible game.

It is sad that the xbox ecosystem can't support exclusive titles with sales and ect...

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#137 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

2014 in a nutshell.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 cainetao11  Online

@augustevans said:

Why buy an X1 if u don't know if its exclusives will stay exclusives?

To play games? I don't know if PS4 games will stay exclusive with PSNow coming. A lot of PS3 games will be on it and no longer exclusive especially when they put Now on TVs, tablets, PCs. I usually play the exclusives that I want to when they come out. By the time they aren't exclusive I'm done with them so what do I care?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#139  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: One statement was made in relation to big studios closing and Nintendo's constant affinity for red ink, and the other was tongue in cheek.

Go shave your neckbeard.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Hermits will only buy it as a benchmark and never play it. :P

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@glez13 said:

Who would wanna actually play this crap besides a bunch of fanboy lemms :P

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

The ****? Why would anyone buy this game... and why is Microsoft dropping exclusives.

All this means now is any MS exclusive can suddenly become a multi-plat... so the Xbox One is pointless. Whats to stop this coming out on PS4 if Crytek own the IP and can do whatever the **** they want with it?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#144  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

First Dead Rising 3 and now Ryse, ha poor lems.

Thanks for the beta testing

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#145 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

The many problems of contracting third exclusives externally and not owning the IP.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Good I guess for those that wanted to play it without a X1. Other than that, meh.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@glez13 said:

Who would wanna actually play this crap besides a bunch of fanboy lemms :P

pretty much, game is so terrible.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@CyberLips said:

So is it now a multiplat or another "Microsoft exclusive"? lol

You talking about for this site? Then multiplat.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

Hermits will use ryse on the pc to humiliate and torture the lemmings. Round 1 fight!!! I do feel bad for the lemmings. Should have turned around and walk away from that garbage game that only has graphics but dull gameplay. I thought it was silly to brag about the graphics when gameplay doesnt even exist. Its not even a game but a wallpaper to stare at.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#150  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

Hermits will use ryse on the pc to humiliate and torture the lemmings. Round 1 fight!!! I do feel bad for the lemmings. Should have turned around and walk away from that garbage game that only has graphics but dull gameplay. I thought it was silly to brag about the graphics when gameplay doesnt even exist. Its not even a game but a wallpaper to stare at.

Considering that Ryse is the most graphically intense game on the consoles at the moment... i'd fear for your indiestation.