Ryse is an Epic Movie with(out) the Gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by slader236 (49 posts) -
#3 Edited by PannicAtack (20630 posts) -

Epic movies tend to have better stories, though.

#4 Edited by k2theswiss (16223 posts) -

cool looking game. but idk where they went wrong with the gameplay. being roman back in the day was no easy life. game should had more of a dark souls difficultly

#5 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (8929 posts) -

1 hour and 40 mins... of movies. No wonder the rumor was only 4-5 hours of gameplay.

#6 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14557 posts) -

cool looking game. but idk where they went wrong with the gameplay. being roman back in the day was no easy life. game should had more of a dark souls difficultly

I know

• Game features loads of QTEs that can be completed without pressing any button, making the game effectively play itself.
  • The upgrade system is really bad so at the start of the game you are doing the same moves as you are at the end
  • Game is way too easy

To list a few problems, the game should've looked at other games in the genre like Castlevania or God of War on how to do its combat and upgrade system. And yeah, a higher difficulty would've been welcome too.

#7 Posted by silversix_ (12569 posts) -

Not a movie but a tech demo to showcase Cryengine 3. Lems are the testers of the engine.

#8 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (11115 posts) -

Ryse has shit everything.

#9 Edited by shawn30 (3722 posts) -

1 hour and 40 mins... of movies. No wonder the rumor was only 4-5 hours of gameplay.

Thats false a rumor though. Playing on Centurion its about 7 hours and really, really good. And thge story is very well done as well. Everyone I know who bought the game is really enjoying it.

#10 Posted by ronvalencia (15067 posts) -
#11 Edited by PSdual_wielder (10643 posts) -

Damn this looks pretty good. Watching the cutscenes makes me feel bad for crytek having to be the victim of rushing such a potentially good project.

#12 Posted by farrell2k (4601 posts) -

What a boring looking game.

#13 Edited by Vaasman (10921 posts) -

Epic? Yea..... I mean, It looks good, I'll give it that. Too bad the gameplay and writing suck. There's nothing "epic" about it really.

#14 Edited by Mozelleple112 (6527 posts) -
#15 Edited by ronvalencia (15067 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@slader236 said:

All cutscenes of Ryse put together as an epic swords and sandals movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-e1MQnh3V0

Feels like Russell Crowe's Gladiator and the 300(film)....

Comparing Ryse to The Gladiator is an insult to Ridley Scott's film.

The application of "insult" is your assertion.

I was referring to the themes presented in both IP.