Ryse has the best next gen graphics so far.

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

Nothing shown on PS4 so far has graphics as good as Ryse.

XBOX ONE is showing that so far it has the best graphically capabilities or any of the next gen consoles. This is most likely due to its customized and extremely efficient architecture, and features such as DirectX 11.2 and Tiled Resources. Good graphics are more than just paper specs, and XBOX ONE proves this.

#2 Posted by drekula2 (1880 posts) -

this is the issue with games. they're cutscene based and the core gameplay is just button mashing combat until you make it to the next cutscence.

#3 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21271 posts) -

With small gameplay areas you could get those graphics so yes it looks fantastic.

#4 Edited by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@Thunder7151

Note that X1 has DirectX 11.X which is a superset of PC's DirectX11.2 hence why AMD released Mantle APIs for the PC.

DirectX11.2 basically means gimped by NVIDIA and Intel.

#5 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

@Thunder7151

Note that X1 has DirectX 11.X which is a superset of PC's DirectX11.2 hence why AMD released Mantle APIs for the PC.

The comparison is between XBOX ONE and PS4. PC is not part of the comparison. PS4 doesn't have DirectX 11.2, Tiled Resources, or Mantle.

#6 Posted by MightyMuna (1731 posts) -

I disagree. Killzone is more impressive, also considering the scale of the game.

Nevertheless, Ryse looks great and should ease any doubts that Xbox One won't have good looking games. However, the game still looks boring as hell.

#7 Posted by Whiteknight19 (1303 posts) -

I think killzone has better gfx then ryse considering the scale and details

#8 Edited by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

@Thunder7151

The comparison is between XBOX ONE and PS4. PC is not part of the comparison. PS4 doesn't have DirectX 11.2, Tiled Resources, or Mantle.

X1's DirectX implementation is a superset of PC's DirectX11.2. X1's DirectX 11.X includes low level access to it's GCN.

PS4 doesn't need DirectX 11.X/11.2 or AMD Mantle since it has AMD GCN i.e. PS4 has it's own AMD GCN based low level APIs with MS HLSL (for PS4's PSSL) *like* support.

Incidentally, AMD Mantle (low level APIs for PC GCN) also supports MS HLSL. AMD PRT (tiled resource) hardware is built into AMD GCN.

The common theme for PC with GCN, X1 and PS4 are the low level APIs for GCN hardware and MS HLSL support.

Since you can't copyright APIs, AMD could have based their AMD Mantle from X1's or/and PS4's low level APIs.

#9 Edited by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

Rome is such a cool setting...sucks that Ryse looks mediocre at best.

#10 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16092 posts) -

It looks great... but it doesn't look better than Crysis 3.

#12 Posted by rjdofu (9167 posts) -

So what is your hype TC?

#13 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Can't say I agree.

#14 Edited by HaloinventedFPS (4685 posts) -

It's because Crytek are gods at graphics

They have been putting tons of effort into Ryse's graphics, i believe they even rewrote Xbones SDK to squeeze more out of it

#15 Edited by campzor (34932 posts) -

killzone/infamous look better.

Sorry lems.

#16 Posted by sebbi11 (1190 posts) -

Console graphics king for sure, character models beats anything we have seen on any platform.

#17 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149520 posts) -

Eh cut scenes...

#18 Posted by casharmy (6819 posts) -

despite not being 1080p Ryse does look great. But when we talk about the best next gen graphics Infamous: Second Son beats out every next gen other announced on consoles.

#19 Posted by soulitane (13380 posts) -

@casharmy said:

despite not being 1080p Ryse does look great. But when we talk about the best next gen graphics Infamous: Second Son beats out every next gen other announced on consoles.

I hope those touch controls aren't required, seems much easier and more fluid to use one of the back buttons. But yeah, it does look nice.

#20 Edited by kuu2 (6806 posts) -

@casharmy said:

Call me when it launches which won't be till sometime in 2014.

I love Sony Fan bringing up games that don't even have a solid release date. Also the only game that Sony has shown actually running on an actual PS4 is Knack. I also love all of the BloomZone posts about how open it is. Hey Sony Fan can you please educate us all on just "how open" BloomZone is? I am sure you can whip out some percentage that some PR person has told you.

The TC is correct Ryse is the best looking game on consoles hands down.

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149520 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

I love Sony Fan bringing up games that don't even have a solid release date. Also the only game that Sony has shown actually running on an actual PS4 is Knack. I also love all of the BloomZone posts about how open it is. Hey Sony Fan can you please educate us all on just "how open" BloomZone is? I am sure you can whip out some percentage that some PR person has told you.

Why does a game need to be a launch title? Are you happy with a first onslaught of games...and then nothing? I really don't get this line of reasoning. A console needs games throughout the year. Not just once a year.

#22 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Too bad it still looks generation behind PC graphics king like Crysis and Metro

#23 Posted by gpuking (2656 posts) -

KZSF looks better with bigger scale, more particles and all at 1080p. Being at 900p automatically disqualify the King status.

#24 Edited by casharmy (6819 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@casharmy said:

Thread Title = "Ryse has the best next gen graphics so far" Sorry your objection fails.

also Xbox fan can you please educate us all on just "how open" Ryse is? Infamous is verified 100% open world/sandbox and puts out this level of graphics all while being displayed at 1080p. What about physics/particle engine? Destructibility? InfamousSS eats Ryse lunch in several areas in technical graphics before even going into the overall look.

Saying that Ryse is the best looking game on consoles is laughable when you look at what InfamousSS is doing all while being an open world game. Sorry you and TC might have an argument for best looking game on Xbox 1 but not consoles.

#25 Posted by Vatusus (4229 posts) -

Whats so impressive about that? Sure it has some cool facial expressions and textures but when comes to lighting, post-processing effects, Anti-alising, resolution, etc, etc, Killzone SF is way more impressive than that. And take into account Ryse is almost an on-rails game wich takes some impressiveness about its graphics. Wasnt that what lems were saying about the PS3 exclusives throughout this all gen? Bunch of hypocrites

#26 Edited by sebbi11 (1190 posts) -

Jiggling cheek, wind blowing in the background. So many amazing details, hard to believe its realtime.

#27 Edited by kuu2 (6806 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Why does a game need to be a launch title? Are you happy with a first onslaught of games...and then nothing? I really don't get this line of reasoning. A console needs games throughout the year. Not just once a year.

Then lets say Quantum Break as well then. It put Infamous to shame.

#28 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5893 posts) -

Ryse has set the bar and it's gonna take an X1 game to knock it of that mountain.

#29 Edited by casharmy (6819 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Whats so impressive about that? Sure it has some cool facial expressions and textures but when comes to lighting, post-processing effects, Anti-alising, resolution, etc, etc, Killzone SF is way more impressive than that. And take into account Ryse is almost an on-rails game wich takes some impressiveness about its graphics. Wasnt that what lems were saying about the PS3 exclusives throughout this all gen? Bunch of hypocrites

That's true and Infamous looks even more impressive and is an open world game. The argument is silly really. When Santa Monica decides to do a linear hack and slash game of this fashion on PS4 people will probably be full of excuses and go back to the old argument "but it's a linear game, any game can look good like that" excuse which is strangely no where to be found among xbox fans hyping the graphics of Ryse.

Even tho InfamousSS is open world, it has equal or better facial expressions and textures (which is where Ryse gets all it's praise), InfamousSS is superior in all other technical areas you mentioned such as lighting AA, resolution etc.

#30 Posted by Vatusus (4229 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

You havent seen any gameplay of Quantum break yet. You're trying way too hard

Oh and before you say that E3 video of QB was gameplay, it was not. It was in-engine and in-engine =/= in-game. And even so, it wasnt that impressive, really...

#31 Edited by Sushiglutton (5173 posts) -

Visually it does look great.

#32 Posted by gpuking (2656 posts) -

Xbone is trying to compete with PS4's graphics by dropping the res to 900p in hoping to keep up, yet still fails by a sizable margin. Nothing on Xbone can touch the following.

#33 Edited by casharmy (6819 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

Quantum Break isn't an open world game, Dead Rising 3 is the only open world game on X1 so you can compare that and see what get's put to shame.

Quantum Break is something you would compare to what ever Quantic Dream puts out next, same type of games.

#34 Posted by casharmy (6819 posts) -

@sebbi11 said:

Jiggling cheek, wind blowing in the background. So many amazing details, hard to believe its realtime.

lol, that is a cut scene lem. There are no physics or anything going on in that scene, but yes it's realtime. So is this...

#35 Edited by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Yeah I noticed. Even cows on negoaf are admitting Ryse trashes everything on PS4 graphically. Crytek is second to none.

#36 Posted by kuu2 (6806 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@kuu2 said:

You havent seen any gameplay of Quantum break yet. You're trying way too hard

Oh and before you say that E3 video of QB was gameplay, it was not. It was in-engine and in-engine =/= in-game. And even so, it wasnt that impressive, really...

Sony Fan gets all hurt when I pull out a big gun.

If we are playing the future game then why are you running and hiding. Infamous has not even been shown on an actual PS4 you have no idea what it will look like which was my point. Don't start putting parameters on what a game looks like Sony Fan, the title of the thread is not 'As long as we know what gameplay looks like". You have no idea what is gameplay and what isn't at this point.

Sony Fan is so insecure.

#37 Posted by casharmy (6819 posts) -

Having some more fun with lems hyping thier linear sub 1080 hack n slash golden child

#38 Edited by NFJSupreme (5025 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@sebbi11 said:

lol, that is a cut scene lem. There are no physics or anything going on in that scene, but yes it's realtime. So is this...

wait so the trees swaying in the wind and his shirt moving around to the reaction of his movement isn't physics?

#39 Posted by gpuking (2656 posts) -

That fat dude has a large low res flat texture on his chest for all the blims he's carrying, that's hardly nextgen worthy.

#40 Edited by casharmy (6819 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@casharmy said:

@sebbi11 said:

wait so the trees swaying in the wind and his shirt moving around to the reaction of his movement isn't physics?

Unless you are really stupid or just started gaming this gen...you should know that cutscens process NONE of that.

The first gif I posted of InfamousSS where the neon particles were pulled from the lights during gameplay? yea that was physics

#41 Posted by kuu2 (6806 posts) -

QB baby.

Oh its not gameplay though............

Oh it is not running on a PS4.............

Sony Fan and their ridiculous parameters.

Sony Fan should just say that if it is not on a PS4 it can't be considered as graphics king for consoles.

Typical Sony Fan.

#42 Posted by Lionheart08 (15257 posts) -

Gif wars, swell.

#43 Edited by gpuking (2656 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

QB baby.

Sony Fan should just say that if it is not on a PS4 it can't be considered as graphics king for consoles.

Typical Sony Fan.

Hey if we're talking about in engine then QB has nothing on KZ's renders.

#44 Posted by rjdofu (9167 posts) -

Console graphics whores, smh...

#45 Posted by ZoomZoom2490 (3934 posts) -

posting cutscenes reminds me of Geow all over again.

how is it possible to turn this stupid after x360?

#46 Edited by casharmy (6819 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

QB baby.

Typical Sony Fan.

One question, where the gameplay?

What ever argument you come up with it doesn't matter, No one has seen any gameplay of this game. Infamous SS has actually been played (there is a reason why no sony fans are mentioning The Order) in front of people in a live demonstration on PS4...you are just hyping a cutscene that we know are running off PC

We aren't hyping graphics games that could all just be cutscenes running on a PC, at least Ryse has gameplay.

Typical xbox fan

#47 Posted by kuu2 (6806 posts) -

@gpuking said:

@kuu2 said:

QB baby.

Typical Sony Fan.

Hey if we're talking about in engine then QB has nothing on KZ's renders.

Post it up. At least we are actually showing games and not talking about theoretical paper specs. Let the games speak for themselves.

#48 Posted by farrell2k (5186 posts) -

I am old enough to remember when games were more than movies where you press a button once in a while. New "games" depress me.

#49 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38167 posts) -

Gonna have to disagree on that one captain.

#50 Posted by EG101 (857 posts) -

@gpuking said:

That fat dude has a large low res flat texture on his chest for all the blims he's carrying, that's hardly nextgen worthy.

Actually if you watch the whole video the bottom chain is made out of 3D poly's, sways and casts a shadow.

Ryse looks the hell of a lot better than KZSF. Various journalist have already stated this fact.

Ryse has the best Next Gen graphics and KZSF really is not close to it. Also everybody wants to talk about linearity but half those KZSF pics are tiny UGLY corridors.