Rumour - Titanfall Xbox 360 'runs at 30fps, sub-720p'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

One of the insider loved by cows for negative Xbone leaks is back with a new leak but this time it ain't lookin' good for cows.

The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall will render at sub-720p and output at 30fps according to insider Pete Dodd - half the frame-rate of the Xbox One version.

"Lack of news about the 360 version of Titanfall isn't all about pushing the XB1," Dodd said via the twitter account of his website Dodd Scientifics. "The 360 version is 30fps and sub-720p."

Dodd previously revealed that the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall was being developed by Bluepoint Games, weeks before the developer was confirmed by Respawn.

The Xbox 360 version has yet to be shown publicly, but comments from Respawn engineer Richard Baker yesterday suggested that the game was still being optimised for Microsoft's last-gen console - just two weeks away from launch.

"Bluepoint's developing [the Xbox 360 version] and we've mostly been hands-off, letting them make their own technical decisions," he said. "It seems pretty close [in terms of] feature parity and they're still working on getting the frame-rate up. I'm not sure about the resolution..."

Titanfall launches on Xbox One and PC today and is due to launch on Xbox 360 on March 28.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/titanfall/news/titanfall_xbox_360_runs_at_30fps_sub-720p_claims_insider.html

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone other than fanboys. Source engine performs like turd on last gen consoles. Even Team Fortress 2 can hardly maintain 30fps on 360. It's funny now looking back at some comments by cows here and at SonyGAF....."buh buh 360 and xbone version will look identical" "lol @ xbone, even my toaster can run TitanFall 1080p/60fps" "Microsoft delayed Xbox 360 version because it looks and performs better than Xbone" So much lulz....

#2 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

Awful if true. Also very strange, considering how COD4 and MW2 were both known for their solid framrates on the Xbox 360.

#3 Posted by silversix_ (15597 posts) -

What an atrocious engine this game is running on wow

#4 Posted by Bishop1310 (1174 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

Awful if true. Also very strange, considering how COD4 and MW2 were both known for their solid framrates on the Xbox 360.

not strange at all. After playing it on the X1 and seeing the amount of effects and physics going on during battles is pretty wild. Cod 4 and MW2 didnt have to deal with those things at all. Effects were limited to explosions in COD.

Microsoft is doing the game a dis-service releasing on the 360.. Yes there's a large install base with systems but it's time to let those old consoles die.

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (31395 posts) -

And Titanfall on PS4 is 0fps

LOL

#6 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

No AI, no Titans, different engine, less effects. CoD is a completely different beast. It should not be strange when you see other source games on Xbox 360. I'm very surprised 360 is even getting this game.

#7 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

not strange at all. After playing it on the X1 and seeing the amount of effects and physics going on during battles is pretty wild. Cod 4 and MW2 didnt have to deal with those things at all. Effects were limited to explosions in COD.

Microsoft is doing the game a dis-service releasing on the 360.. Yes there's a large install base with systems but it's time to let those old consoles die.

I just figured they'd sacrifice resolution, textures and other IQ and leave the solid framerate alone. Modern Warfare 2 ran at 1024x600, I thought we'd be seeing something similar.

30fps would be unacceptable for this type of game. But, oh well.

#8 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Anyone foolish enough, naive enough, or outright stupid enough to think the 360 version would have anything resembling parity compared to the One version smoke crack. Having said that, the dev is damn good and the 360 version will likely be a good one. Discussing graphics while simply looking at screen-shots of TF doesn't convey the sheer amount of geometry and scale of the battles. Look up footage of Out[post 207, Airbase, Rise, and Boneyard and you'll see why the 360 version would suffer, even if it is still credible.

#9 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

Also, I know this is System Wars, but ... why is this "not looking good for cows". The Xbox 360 is rumored to have a crappy port of a multiplayer game so this is bad news for Playstation owners? How would that even work.

#11 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

Also, I know this is System Wars, but ... why is this "not looking good for cows". The Xbox 360 is rumored to have a crappy port of a multiplayer game so this is bad news for Playstation owners? How would that even work.

Cows wanted TitanFall on Xbone and 360 to look identical so they could claim ownage. Given that TitanFall is not that big on graphics cows thought their dreams would be realized lmao

#12 Posted by Heil68 (46456 posts) -

That's sad. :(

#13 Posted by Nightflash28 (2137 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Cows wanted TitanFall on Xbone and 360 to look identical so they could claim ownage. Given that TitanFall is not that big on graphics cows thought their dreams would be realized lmao

That's some incredibly stupid train of thought... but given that this is system wars and that the level idiocy among the fanboys here is astonishing, it's ont even surprising anymore.

If anything, it's not looking good for 360 owners. As TF really isn't graphically demanding, there were hopes that the gap in visual performance wouldn't be as large... but yeah, of course, sure, just throw in PS4 users to make another stupid SW argument about ownage out of it. Now, 360 owners AND PS4 fanoys get shafted! how coooooooool!

#15 Posted by pelvist (5149 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

No AI, no Titans, different engine, less effects. CoD is a completely different beast. It should not be strange when you see other source games on Xbox 360. I'm very surprised 360 is even getting this game.

The game was originally planned for a 360/PC release. The XBONE version was never planned from the beginning.

#16 Posted by jsmoke03 (13080 posts) -

ill trade all that in just to have a 60fps game. i got it on 360 knowing its going to look ugly, but i want stability

#17 Posted by kinectthedots (2593 posts) -

Um, they say 30fps, at sub 720p right, isn't Crysis 2 on xbox360 the same? and lems said that was the best looking game on their system.

I don't really see how this is a problem. The 360 never had consistent 720p performance in games (only 1 halo game was 720p) so I don't see the big deal here.

#18 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

@Nightflash28 said:

@Harisemo said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

That's some incredibly stupid train of thought... but given that this is system wars and that the level idiocy among the fanboys here is astonishing, it's ont even surprising anymore.

If anything, it's not looking good for 360 owners. As TF really isn't graphically demanding, there were hopes that the gap in visual performance wouldn't be as large... but yeah, of course, sure, just throw in PS4 users to make another stupid SW argument about ownage out of it. Now, 360 owners AND PS4 fanoys get shafted! how coooooooool!

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. This is some bad news but it's not a good case for "ownage" against Playstation fanboys.

Also:

The source of the quote is "Famousmortimer" and he's got a pretty reliable track record. I'm guessing this rumor is probably true.

Using the term "SonyGAF" and continuing to read and post news from that (fairly reputable) forum is the mark of a moron.

#19 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Nightflash28 said:

@Harisemo said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

I agree cows can be pretty darn stupid at times.

#20 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. This is some bad news but it's not a good case for "ownage" against Playstation fanboys.

Also:

The source of the quote is "Famousmortimer" and he's got a pretty reliable track record. I'm guessing this rumor is probably true.

Using the term "SonyGAF" and continuing to read and post news from that (fairly reputable) forum is the mark of a moron.

I don't see the link between calling it SonyGAF and posting/reading news from there. It's called SonyGAF because of softness towards Sony and general anti xbone attitude.

#21 Posted by Sagemode87 (1199 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Infamous Second Son is 0fps on X1 . What's your point?

#22 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

Also:

I don't see the link between calling it SonyGAF and posting/reading news from there. It's called SonyGAF because of softness towards Sony and general anti xbone attitude.

No, you call it SonyGAF because you perceive some sort of bias that isn't there. Did you ever read that site when the Playstation 3 was released? That console was justifiably torn apart, just like the Xbox One is now.

#23 Posted by delta3074 (18676 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

One of the insider loved by cows for negative Xbone leaks is back with a new leak but this time it ain't lookin' good for cows.

The Xbox 360 version of Titanfall will render at sub-720p and output at 30fps according to insider Pete Dodd - half the frame-rate of the Xbox One version.

"Lack of news about the 360 version of Titanfall isn't all about pushing the XB1," Dodd said via the twitter account of his website Dodd Scientifics. "The 360 version is 30fps and sub-720p."

Dodd previously revealed that the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall was being developed by Bluepoint Games, weeks before the developer was confirmed by Respawn.

The Xbox 360 version has yet to be shown publicly, but comments from Respawn engineer Richard Baker yesterday suggested that the game was still being optimised for Microsoft's last-gen console - just two weeks away from launch.

"Bluepoint's developing [the Xbox 360 version] and we've mostly been hands-off, letting them make their own technical decisions," he said. "It seems pretty close [in terms of] feature parity and they're still working on getting the frame-rate up. I'm not sure about the resolution..."

Titanfall launches on Xbox One and PC today and is due to launch on Xbox 360 on March 28.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/titanfall/news/titanfall_xbox_360_runs_at_30fps_sub-720p_claims_insider.html

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone other than fanboys. Source engine performs like turd on last gen consoles. Even Team Fortress 2 can hardly maintain 30fps on 360. It's funny now looking back at some comments by cows here and at SonyGAF....."buh buh 360 and xbone version will look identical" "lol @ xbone, even my toaster can run TitanFall 1080p/60fps" "Microsoft delayed Xbox 360 version because it looks and performs better than Xbone" So much lulz....

Source engine runs fine on the 360, left4dead 2 runs perfectly fine, as does the Orange box, it was the Ps3 that had issues with the source engine not the 360.

Not suprised that titanfall runs like crap on the 360 though, it was developed with the Xbone in mind, 360 version is just a cheap downgraded version to make a few extra bucks i guess.

#24 Posted by blackace (21272 posts) -

Don't think anyone expected it to be 900P @60 fps really. The game will still be great overall and that's what really matters.

#25 Posted by kinectthedots (2593 posts) -

@blackace said:

Don't think anyone expected it to be 900P @60 fps really. The game will still be great overall and that's what really matters.

Yeah, I am really confused by the comments here. MGS Ground Zero can look and play fine on last gen consoles then this should not be an issue

#26 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

@Harisemo said:

No, you call it SonyGAF because you perceive some sort of bias that isn't there. Did you ever read that site when the Playstation 3 was released? That console was justifiably torn apart, just like the Xbox One is now.

Bias is there, bias even many gaffers can see. No one starts perceiving bias out of thin air. I'm not a fanboy and am absolutely fine with justifiably tearing apart any console but sometimes bias is apparent which it is in the case of SonyGAF. With the amount of fanboyism on that site it even leaves SW behind sometimes.

#27 Posted by Wasdie (50496 posts) -

Doesn't surprise me. The 360 version was kind of the afterthought.

#28 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16065 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@Harisemo said:

Bias is there, bias even many gaffers can see. No one starts perceiving bias out of thin air. I'm not a fanboy and am absolutely fine with justifiably tearing apart any console but sometimes bias is apparent which it is in the case of SonyGAF. With the amount of fanboyism on that site it even leaves SW behind sometimes.

A quick look at the topics here and I'll just have to disagree with you.

This forum refers to console enthusiasts as "cows", "sheep" and "lemmings" without irony. SW is the place to go if you're looking for fanboy hyperbole. NeoGAF feels like wikipedia by comparison.

#29 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

@Harisemo said:

A quick look at the topics here and I'll just have to disagree with you.

This forum refers to console enthusiasts as "cows", "sheep" and "lemmings" without irony. SW is the place to go if you're looking for fanboy hyperbole. NeoGAF feels like wikipedia by comparison.

SW is made for fanboys, most people here are only for the laughs. GAF is supposedly a neutral forum for true gamers but has serious fanboy problems deep down, hyperbole can reach great depths there. There are other forums like GS Games Discussion which has less fanboyism and feels more neutral.