NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Looks really cool, hope to see an official reveal sometime soon.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@scottpsfan14: @RR360DD:

Oh boy, now it's these 2 going nuts over a bunch of concept art. This thread turned out more fun than i imagined

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

It's GG so it'll probably look fantastic... and it'll eh, look fantastic.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@gago-gago said:

Anything but a Sony shooter please but if it is one hopefully they'll break that Sony shooter curse.

its been known for over a year that its gonna be an RPG

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Really ??? You guy's didn't learn your lesson with Destiny, so now your gearing up to hype another game a year or more before it releases.

Don't you think you should hold back, and play hard to get a little? I mean c'mon, Halo was a hit but Destiny bombed therefore just because Killzone was a hit doesn't mean Horizon will be....just sit back and bide your time and wait and see how it comes together and what reviews say this time.

Otherwise you PS4 & X1 boys are going to end up with your foot in your mouths yet again.

shurns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 shurns
Member since 2006 • 286 Posts

Interesting concept art if true.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Slimmin360 said:

Really ??? You guy's didn't learn your lesson with Destiny, so now your gearing up to hype another game a year or more before it releases.

Don't you think you should hold back, and play hard to get a little? I mean c'mon, Halo was a hit but Destiny bombed therefore just because Killzone was a hit doesn't mean Horizon will be....just sit back and bide your time and wait and see how it comes together and what reviews say this time.

Otherwise you PS4 & X1 boys are going to end up with your foot in your mouths yet again.

I don't get "hyped" about games. I never once was hyped for Destiny, always wondering why the areas seemed empty of npcs and cities.

Just like i'm not trusting The Order 1886 or No Man's Sky much. I only get excited if it's some degree of leverage for it, liek TW3, Batman AK, Bloodborne, MKX, etc

I'm simply reporting because it's a new IP from a major exclusive dev studio. Also, while we need to obviously wait for more.....

Fucking Robot Dinossaurs!

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Co-op and a wide variety of gears and outfits (in other words: microtransactions). Yep, seems like a new-gen game.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Slimmin360 said:

I don't get "hyped" about games. I never once was hyped for Destiny, always wondering why the areas seemed empty of npcs and cities.

Just like i'm not trusting The Order 1886 or No Man's Sky much. I only get excited if it's some degree of leverage for it, liek TW3, Batman AK, Bloodborne, MKX, etc

I'm simply reporting because it's a new IP from a major exclusive dev studio. Also, while we need to obviously wait for more.....

Fucking Robot Dinossaurs!

With stuff like this, I always get more curious. The old concept art looked great, and this new concept art has me more curious about the game.

Not uber hyped, just curious.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

guerilla will finally make a real game?

amazing...cows get hyped.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

mecha dinosaurs?

WIN

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

cool concept art,really digging the masks, but i think they should get rid of guns at this point.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@NoirLamia777 said:

e3

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@dakan45 said:

Obviosuly they are nto good at fps, so i hope they will do something interestinG and colorfull.

This is not final yet. Just like the tomb raider leaks so dont get hyped.

obviously how? KZ 2&3 besides the story are great games.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

Codenamed Horizon, some concept art of GG new IP surface

Looks really cool. It seems Guerrila's finally getting free to do something besides Killzone after 10 years. So, Hype? No hype?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=895571

http://n4g.com/news/1588106/horizon-is-guerrillas-new-ps4-game

could be cool. thank god they didn't make another sequel to that god awful franchise killzone.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By NoirLamia777

@lglz1337 said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

e3

Hope it's not that far away to be honest. Maybe VGAs.

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Lol sony getting desperate

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DEadliNE-Zero0

@NoirLamia777 said:

NeoGaf's Shinboi (who seems to knwo stuff) hinted that it won't be 2015.

My guess is reveal with CGI traielr at e3 2015. possible Alpha/pre-alpha footage behind doors for press.

Another trailer at e3 2016.

Release Fall 2016.

Also, potential delay to 2017 anyway. It's just concept art after all

rockydog1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#70  Edited By rockydog1111
Member since 2006 • 2079 Posts

Art looks great, but ill wait for some reviews before allowing myself to get hyped. GG is yet to impress me at all.

Killzone is overrated in my eyes and it isn't really that highly regarded in the gaming industry. They make pretty games with iffy controls and horribly boring stories. Please prove me wrong GG, I really want you to make me eat my words.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NoirLamia777

@deadline-zero0 said:

@NoirLamia777 said:

NeoGaf's Shinboi (who seems to knwo stuff) hinted that it won't be 2015.

My guess is reveal with CGI traielr at e3 2015. possible Alpha/pre-alpha footage behind doors for press.

Another trailer at e3 2016.

Release Fall 2016.

Also, potential delay to 2017 anyway. It's just concept art after all

Sounds reasonable, would rather see Santa Monica and Media Molecules next games to be honest.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#72 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

lol looks like destiny only more stupid.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@finalfantasy94: nope some of the lamest fps i ever played.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@dakan45 said:

@finalfantasy94: nope some of the lamest fps i ever played.

Its actually my second favorite fps series. BF being my first.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#75 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@finalfantasy94: ah you talk about mp? yeah mp is good its the singleplayer that sucks.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#76  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Some of the concept art looks rad, but man... those Robot-Dinos aren't instilling much confidence in me to be completely honest.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

Another leaked art pic.

And there is a reddit post I got from gaf (not confirmed to be real)

"Let's see based on what I can remember. The game is set in a post apocalyptic future where robots have evolved into animals/dinosaurs and humans have devolved into pre-civilization tribes of Hunters/Gatherers who are surviving off the land making weapons and armor out of robot parts. You play as one of your tribe's hunters who's this girl that is fascinated with exploring the ruins of our old civilization. They showed us some early concept gameplay, it seemed like one of the more unique aspect of the gameplay was that your character uses rope arrows to tangle up those giant dinobots like AT-ATs in Empire Strikes Back. They make it seem like there would be either class based co-op or your character would have some sort of NPCs fighting along side her. It seems like an open world third person action RPG and they claim the map will be extra huge. That's all I can really remember off the top of my head, everyone in the focus group was really interested and excited about this whole rope tangling mechanic so I wouldn't be surprised if they flesh that out some more"

http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments...pposed/ckk9254

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@thegreatgeneral: Thanks for the info my friend. And what the hell is up with that robot.? Either it has a plate for a head, or it's really weird in design. The ones i posted looked far more normal (well, for robot dinos)

"the game is set in a post apocalyptic future where robots have evolved into animals/dinosaurs and humans have devolved into pre-civilization tribes of Hunters/Gatherers who are surviving off the land making weapons and armor out of robot parts."

Ok, how the **** do robots even evolve like that? Either the lore, setting and story are going to be aweosme or a complete clusterfuck.

Hoping for the former. Anyway, that info bits sounds awesome. Apparently, has Shinobi indicated on NeoGaf, the Red haired girl in the first pic may indeed be the main character.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

@dakan45 said:

Obviosuly they are nto good at fps, so i hope they will do something interestinG and colorfull.

This is not final yet. Just like the tomb raider leaks so dont get hyped.

obviously how? KZ 2&3 besides the story are great games.

Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed the Killzone series including Shadow Fall. They aren't one of the best games I've ever played or anything like that, but they were solid games which kept me intrigued enough to finish them. I'd purchase a sequel if they made another one.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@nutcrackr said:

lol looks like destiny only more stupid.

lol people are so quick to hate on Sony IPs and GG

Can we wait for a trailer first before going on hate/bashing mode?

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 StrifeDelivery

@deadline-zero0 said:

@thegreatgeneral: Thanks for the info my friend. And what the hell is up with that robot.? Either it has a plate for a head, or it's really weird in design. The ones i posted looked far more normal (well, for robot dinos)

"the game is set in a post apocalyptic future where robots have evolved into animals/dinosaurs and humans have devolved into pre-civilization tribes of Hunters/Gatherers who are surviving off the land making weapons and armor out of robot parts."

Ok, how the **** do robots even evolve like that? Either the lore, setting and story are going to be aweosme or a complete clusterfuck.

Hoping for the former. Anyway, that info bits sounds awesome. Apparently, has Shinobi indicated on NeoGaf, the Red haired girl in the first pic may indeed be the main character.

It may have been poor word choice on his part (using evolved) or, well, they do actually evolve. Probably will try to make it seem like humans made robots that mimicked natural biological functions and "evolved" to their surroundings over time? I don't know, but if this news turns out to be true, consider me waiting for new info.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DEadliNE-Zero0

@StrifeDelivery said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

It may have been poor word choice on his part (using evolved) or, well, they do actually evolve. Probably will try to make it seem like humans made robots that mimicked natural biological functions and "evolved" to their surroundings over time? I don't know, but if this news turns out to be true, consider me waiting for new info.

It is a transaltion from an asian site, so maybe you're right. Robots mimicking biological evolution might make some degree of sense. Also, you can see the guy using a gun in that first pic in my OP, like the part about makign weapons out of robot parts

The premise is definitely very interesting. A somewhat reversal of roles. The machines are advanced but take the form of pre-historic animals, and human who used to be advanced themselves are now pre-historic in societal form.

If they can balance it out, this sounds and looks awesome, if it makes it to the final game. Or, like i said, could be a massive clusterfuck of unbalanced ideas.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 StrifeDelivery

@deadline-zero0 said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

It is a transaltion from an asian site, so maybe you're right. Robots mimicking biological evolution might make some degree of sense. Also, you can see the guy using a gun in that first pic in my OP, like the part about makign weapons out of robot parts

The premise is definitely very interesting. A somewhat reversal of roles. The machines are advanced but take the form of pre-historic animals, and human who used to be advanced themselves are now pre-historic in societal form.

If they can balance it out, this sounds and looks awesome, if it makes it to the final game. Or, like i said, could be a massive clusterfuck of unbalanced ideas.

Here's hoping for the former.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Sounds like monster hunter with giant robot dinosaurs.

I'm curious, Guerilla needs to step away from shooters.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@sts106mat said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Sounds like monster hunter with giant robot dinosaurs.

I'm curious, Guerilla needs to step away from shooters.

but there is a dude with a lance riding a metal dinosaur and a bear with a gun, plus a women with a bow and arrow....doesn't scream FPS to me. plus i am sure they have said "its nothing like killzone"

That's why I said it sounds like monster hunter.

"the game is set in a post apocalyptic future where robots have evolved into animals/dinosaursand humans have devolved into pre-civilization tribes of Hunters/Gatherers who are surviving off the land making weapons and armor out of robot parts."

It could have shooter elements, who knows. I'd prefer 3rd person combat and not another destiny type junk pile however/

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@ReadingRainbow4: it's "quasi" confirmed to be Third Person RPG from NeoGaf, which matches inicial reports that it would be like this. Also open world apparently, in case you don't know.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@deadline-zero0 said:

@ReadingRainbow4: it's "quasi" confirmed to be Third Person RPG from NeoGaf, which matches inicial reports that it would be like this. Also open world apparently, in case you don't know.

Well, that just sounds awesome.

I know a lot of people were hoping destiny would be open world and not just segmented areas.

Hard to get too hyped about this however, it is Guerilla.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

@StrifeDelivery said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@StrifeDelivery said:

Here's hoping for the former.

First of all its not a translation but just a quote of a reddit poster who claimed he was a member of the focus group of this game. I quoted him because he talked about the rope tangling mechanic as far as I can see before the 3rd leaked concept art.

To your points about believable premise. I believe its best not to touch it all because it will come down to nanomachines, aliens, crazy AI or something along those lines. If they have something really good then go for it, if not, just make it vague or something like the people cant remember how this situation came to be.

For the game to sucess there are many more important points. How is the gameplay, is it variat? how do you level up? can you custumize your character with new/better weapons/armor?

What about your character? Whats the motivation, backstory? Are you power/moneyhungry or is your goal to fight a big bad?

How are the landscapes? Variet? How many cities are there and how are the NPCs and Quests?

Do enemies level up or are the stronger enemies in different regions?

and so on and so on...

The concept art and premise looks great but we still have so many question marks much more important than just the explanation why there are dinorobots.

I hope it will be gameplay wise like Dragons Dogma with cool quests and with great characters and a great storyline.