Rumor: PS4 Version of God of War: Ascension Incoming

• 106 results
#1 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5138 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/07/rumor-ps4-version-of-god-of-war-ascension-incoming/

"Not very exciting but GOW Ascension’s coming to PS4."

Shinobi specified that the leak comes from his sources, but he doesn’t know if the game will be sold at retail, as it’s listed only as a PSN release at the moment.

Beyond that, he hasn’t given further firm details about the title, and of course we should consider this a rumor until Sony makes an official announcement. Yet, considering Sony’s recent penchant for HD remakes, it’s definitely not hard to believe.

Cant wait. TLOU: Remastered, Beyond: Two Souls, and now this. Greatness Awaits.

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (29080 posts) -

Not gonna happen. GoW: A was a flop both sales and score wise. Nobody wants to spend time porting it or playing it.

#3 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -

remakestation 4

#4 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9675 posts) -

What, why? That was the worst GoW game I've ever played.

#5 Posted by Heil68 (43181 posts) -

I dont mind these remakes. Lets people who didn't own a PS3 play some of it's catalog. I will get Beyond 2 Souls for sure since I haven't had a chance to play it yet and TLOU since it's a TOP 5 GOAT with DLC included that I haven't played.

#6 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2351 posts) -

I told you only exclusives you will get will be the remakes priced at $60. Enjoy your so called highy quality exclusives consololites.

#7 Edited by Karpetburnz (544 posts) -

Cool, good for the people who diddnt own a PS3 or never had a chance to play it.

#8 Edited by jsmoke03 (12601 posts) -

lol still trying to milk that game to make a profit. i suppose a remake is not bad. im actually more against a new gow game before 2016

#9 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5138 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I dont mind these remakes. Lets people who didn't own a PS3 play some of it's catalog. I will get Beyond 2 Souls for sure since I haven't had a chance to play it yet and TLOU since it's a TOP 5 GOAT with DLC included that I haven't played.

Ascension looked like hot garbage (and played like it when I DL'ed the demo), but I have yet to play Beyond 2 Souls. Quantic Dream's style of "gameplay" has always looked interesting to me despite trolling them, and the "youtube port" jokes, so I'll be getting that on PS4. (its the same type of game as Telltale Games' games, which I enjoy)

Also, rebuying TLOU: Remastered because I want to play the multiplayer with an actual good controller, and my DS3 is broken anyways (registers random button presses, D-PAD, shoulder buttons, sticks, etc... messes up aiming and changes weapons during gameplay ). So might as well just buy the game on PS4 for $60, instead of replacing a $60 DS3 to play one game.

#10 Posted by Heil68 (43181 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Ascension looked like hot garbage (and played like it when I DL'ed the demo), but I have yet to play Beyond 2 Souls. Quantic Dream's style of "gameplay" has always looked interesting to me despite trolling them, and the "youtube port" jokes, so I'll be getting that on PS4.

Also, rebuying TLOU: Remastered because I want to play the multiplayer with an actual good controller, and my DS3 is broken anyways (registers random button presses, D-PAD, shoulder buttons, sticks, etc... messes up aiming and changes weapons during gameplay ). So might as well just buy the game on PS4 for $60, instead of replacing a $60 DS3 to play one game.

ND was discussing upgrade pricing for owners of PS3 copy, so that would be cool I guess.

#11 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

I have a feel all of 2013's exclusives may come to PS4 to be honest. Will be great for new comers. However I've played this already so I'll doubt I'll double dip. If it ever goes on sale or comes on PS+ for PS4 then I'll bite. Eventually I will be packing up my PS3 at some point in the future so makes sense to have all the games I enjoy on one system.

#12 Posted by Animal-Mother (26312 posts) -

If there are upgrade programs i'm in, if not it's horse shit.

#13 Posted by Funk21312 (39 posts) -

I love all these 2013 remakes that Sony do. I can understand games like FFX, Kingdom Hearts, MGS, Silent Hill etc but this is getting ridiculous

#14 Edited by lostrib (32989 posts) -

Jesus, it's a bit early to be filling the library with HD remakes

#15 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6555 posts) -

Cows gonna cow.

#16 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Eh...even I cant get very stoked for this. The multiplayer was pretty cool, but the campaign was very lackluster. Good combat mechanic changes...but thats it.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (38672 posts) -

Bleh. That's how I would describe this announcement and Ascension.

I wouldn't be surprised though, considering all the HD collections.

#18 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

remakestation 4

lol!! I could care less about God of War Ascension. I'd look for that in the bargain bin right about now.

#19 Edited by madskills6117 (4021 posts) -

I'm more excited about GoW1/2 releasing on Vita then this. If anything I'll rent it if it does make it to retail. This just seems like waste of resources.

#20 Edited by santoron (7623 posts) -

How do you make an HD remake of an already HD game?

Haven't played, and this won't change that.

#21 Edited by ZombeGoast (396 posts) -

PS4 is starting to look like the Vita.

#22 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3643 posts) -

Nice if you didn't have a PS3 last gen, got a PS4 but want to play some of the stuff from last gen.

Me, I couldn't give a shit.

#23 Posted by 2Chalupas (5001 posts) -

I didn't know about Beyond, I guess I'll probably get that on PS4 since I hadn't played it yet.

God of War... I'm more "meh" about. Wouldn't mind seeing plenty of "collections" on PS4, but to just do a 1 off of this game is kind of weak.

It is really all about the price. If these games are $59.99, that's just stupid (Last of Us being an exception because it's their "new hot thing", and the PS4 version will be ultimate edition). But they can't justify revisiting most games at anything more than $19.99. However if they made a bunch of the top PS3 games available digitally, starting at $19.99 and dropping from there... I would at least think about it. I actually wish there were even more HD remasters of PS2 games... especially digital versions.

#24 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2271 posts) -
#25 Edited by sts106mat (18853 posts) -
@blackace said:

@sts106mat said:

remakestation 4

lol!! I could care less about God of War Ascension. I'd look for that in the bargain bin right about now.

sorry, even though you are agreeing with me, I am going to have to pull you up on your use of the phrase "could care less".

The correct phrase is "Couldn't care less" you see, because if you "could care less" you must "care a bit".

see?

#26 Posted by OhSnapitz (18016 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

re-masters are fine.. but so early in a consoles lifecycle? I just hope they showcase a good sum of new IPs or sequels (not re-masters).

#27 Edited by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

Hilarious. Any other platform gets remakes and it's milking, the PS4 is getting a crap ton of remakes but it's all fine and dandy cause it's the PS4.

Even further humorous because this was a terrible game and barely anybody bought it on the PS3.

#28 Edited by OhSnapitz (18016 posts) -

Hilarious. Any other platform gets remakes and it's milking, the PS4 is getting a crap ton of remakes but it's all fine and dandy cause it's the PS4.

Even further humorous because this was a terrible game and barely anybody bought it on the PS3.

Dude.. we call them cows for a reason.

#29 Edited by Gue1 (9368 posts) -

oh dear, I hope that all the returning franchises that appeared on Sony's E3 leak aren't all remasters, now that'd be crazy disappointing.

#30 Edited by Heil68 (43181 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

re-masters are fine.. but so early in a consoles lifecycle? I just hope they showcase a good sum of new IPs or sequels (not re-masters).

i agree 100%. We all should know that the first 1-2 years is pretty slim picking for games on new systems. Devs need time to work with new hardware and they are still making games for last gen systems since the install bases are so much bigger.

#31 Posted by spicymeatball27 (64 posts) -

lol is this really true? Another remaster version of a game that came out a year ago on the ps3 now on ps4 lol. This is getting stupid now & milking the fat cow. No thank u. Played it on ps3 and not worth buying a whole new console for. Guess im waiting all the way till late 2015 for uncharted still in order to finally get a ps4 and good game

#32 Posted by silversix_ (13883 posts) -

Lets just spam what been released year/years ago, things people already beaten and sell for $59.99... Sick gen bro, sick gen. I don't like where this is going.

#33 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

Stop being lazy and make a new GOW instead.

#34 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26235 posts) -

I paid 7 bucks for it on psn im good.

#35 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16249 posts) -

There is something different about getting 2-3 PS2 games remade in 720p for a nice price and getting 1-year old games like TLOU with an increase in resolution for full price.

#36 Edited by Vatusus (4342 posts) -

Oh god, seriously?

Sony has been disappointing me more and more by the day, I may turn hermit *shivers*

#37 Edited by tonitorsi (8271 posts) -

I paid 7 bucks for it on psn im good.

Via Sony rewards?

#38 Edited by Giancar (19043 posts) -

TloU: Hell yeah!

Beyond: Didn't know, kind of want.

Ascension:

#39 Edited by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

Ascension is the one God of War game I haven't played so I'd probably get this. It'd have to be at a low price though after all the not-so-positive things I've heard from various people. :x

#40 Posted by charizard1605 (55331 posts) -

Ascension is the one God of War game I haven't played so I'd probably get this. It'd have to be at a low price though after all the not-so-positive things I've heard from various people. :x

Seriously, I'd save the time and money and not get this period. It's not just that it's a bad God of War game, it's just a bad game period.

#41 Posted by kingtito (4790 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

So you bought a PS4 so that OTHER people can play remakes of PS3 games? I know I'd be pissed because I don't buy new consoles to play last gen games. I don't care how good they are.

#42 Edited by farrell2k (5599 posts) -

Bread, eggs, milk milk milk milk milk milk..........

#43 Posted by Slashkice (13003 posts) -

Seriously, I'd save the time and money and not get this period. It's not just that it's a bad God of War game, it's just a bad game period.

I hear ya, but I still want to check it out for the sake of completion. At worst, I'll hate it and just trade it for another game. :p

#44 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6034 posts) -

Smh. Only Sony would remake a game that bombed.

#45 Posted by charizard1605 (55331 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I hear ya, but I still want to check it out for the sake of completion. At worst, I'll hate it and just trade it for another game. :p

Haha, alright then.

Maybe Sony will take the time to fix all the bugs and glitches with this release >.>

#46 Posted by Heil68 (43181 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Heil68 said:

So you bought a PS4 so that OTHER people can play remakes of PS3 games? I know I'd be pissed because I don't buy new consoles to play last gen games. I don't care how good they are.

I have 10 retail PS4 games, soon to be 11. Not a single one is a last gen game. I bought the PS4 and Xbone because I love video games and wanted the newest hardware and games.

#47 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1919 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Heil68 said:

He did not say this at all. And you wonder why Lem are consider lowest of all fanboy. Selfown.

#48 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Lems complaining about PS4 getting more games while Xbone gets nothing but Kinect sports and 720p multiplats.

#49 Edited by RR360DD (11499 posts) -

Im sorry this is fucking pathetic.

Is this all the PS4 is good for? Old ass mediocre games being rehashed?

#50 Posted by Stringerboy (6922 posts) -

Why the fuck would they port ascension when there's god of war 3.