Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@jhonMalcovich:

Windows 8 only.. .so no buy...funk you m$ and your anti-pc gaming priorities.... (either that or console only....ewwww.... )

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#52  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Wasn't Ensemble disbanded?

yes...by ms themselves along with a slew of other great PC studios... funk you ms....

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58646 Posts

@MK-Professor said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@MK-Professor said:

I will be more than happy if they just take AOE2 and make it 3D. If they make a AOE4 is going to be even worse than AOE3.

But AOE3 is still a good game compared to half the shit out these days.

Of course it is, but AOE2 is way better.

It is but AOE3 ain't bad. Still, likely most people are predicting Microsoft in some shape or form to **** things up monumentally. They are a bunch of seedy dickheads.

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@MK-Professor said:
@uninspiredcup said:

@MK-Professor said:

I will be more than happy if they just take AOE2 and make it 3D. If they make a AOE4 is going to be even worse than AOE3.

But AOE3 is still a good game compared to half the shit out these days.

Of course it is, but AOE2 is way better.

It is but AOE3 ain't bad. Still, likely most people are predicting Microsoft in some shape or form to **** things up monumentally. They are a bunch of seedy dickheads.

I was disappointed with AOE3 back in 2005, you know I expected to be super awesome like the AOE2, but still a good game over all I remember putting at least 200+ hours into it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

so many pc aaaE's comming, damn every gen i love it

How do you know this is a PC game ?

The age of empires game that MS is confirmed to be making right now is not for PC ...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 uninspiredcup

It's a shitty tablet game in which you pay for units to breath.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 R4gn4r0k

@MK-Professor said:

If they make an AOE 4 it can't be worse than this game:

Loading Video...

Same with the RCT series. I was a bit disappointed with RCT 3, but it was still a damn fine game.

Than Atari comes around and announces the next RCT is an iPhone game... It looks horrible.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By uninspiredcup

Tablet/phone games shouldn't inherently be bad or negative. It's the publisher and developer greed. Not the hardware or platform.

Funk21312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#59 Funk21312
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

AoM is better than all the AoE games but that could change if they do a good job with this but I seriously doubt it. Halo Wars was actually a very good RTS but could have been great if it was released for PC and had less limitations

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Who wants to bet it'll be F2P?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Age of Empires series: tens of millions of sales

Age of Empires online: financial flop

Do you really think MS is that stupid to make the same mistake twice ?

And sure, they are pretty stupid. They did close ensemble, who made lots of money.

@uninspiredcup said:

Tablet/phone games shouldn't inherently be bad or negative. It's the publisher and developer greed. Not the hardware or platform.

You can't recreate the depth of AOE or RCT on a tablet with its control limitations.

And if you make it a paid game built around microtransactions (RCT) than your primary goal is certainly not making a good game.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

Holy SHIT! :O

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#63  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

If this is another F2P butchering of a classic series i'll cry.

@Wasdie said:

New IPs? Nah. Let's ruin old ones instead.

these

and i have to say that its pretty sad if its aoe4 is announced but not on the xb1...lems left out in cold

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Age of Empires series: tens of millions of sales

Age of Empires online: financial flop

Do you really think MS is that stupid to make the same mistake twice ?

And sure, they are pretty stupid. They did close ensemble, who made lots of money.

@uninspiredcup said:

You can't recreate the depth of AOE or RCT on a tablet with its control limitations.

And if you make it a paid game built around microtransactions (RCT) than your primary goal is certainly not making a good game.

Disagree. Baldurs Gate was made for tablets, a game with many systems in place and a fairly complicated DND game. Works fine. They aren't even attempting to design games around the same style of traditional titles anyway. It's basically just a huge scam loosely designed around the visual guise of a game. It's disgusting as ****, they know it's disgusting as ****. EA's excuse of "oh well we are getting high ratings" when they fucking disabled the lower ratings without filling a form is probably the biggest example of a **** humanity has ever known. Even Hitler would be mildly offended.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts

I wont stand up to AOEII and it will probably be F2P.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

Disagree. Baldurs Gate was made for tablets, a game with many systems in place and a fairly complicated DND game. Works fine. They aren't even attempting to design games around the same style of traditional titles anyway. It's basically just a huge scam loosely designed around the visual guise of a game. It's disgusting as ****, they know it's disgusting as ****. EA's excuse of "oh well we are getting high ratings" when they fucking disabled the lower ratings without filling a form is probably the biggest example of a **** humanity has ever known. Even Hitler would be mildly offended.

I can't say anything about Baldurs Gate, I haven't played that game on either console or tablets, so I wouldn't know how the controls work...

I'm saying that games like RCT and AOE which make great use of mouse and keyboard can't work on tablets/phones and trying to cram them onto them is out of pure greed and not about making a good game.

There is a reason mobile devs use the term 'wales' for their consumers. Because they want to make as much money from them as possible and couldn't give a rats ass about making a good game.

Look at Star Trek and how that game asked you to rate the game after seeing the good parts of the game, than turned to utter crap.

@Heil68 said:

But age of empires online, the only F2P one, was a financial flop for Microsoft.

And the ones that weren't F2P all sold millions of copies. Do you really think MS would be so stupid to make the same mistake twice ?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Heil68

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I can't say anything about Baldurs Gate, I haven't played that game on either console or tablets, so I wouldn't know how the controls work...

I'm saying that games like RCT and AOE which make great use of mouse and keyboard can't work on tablets/phones and trying to cram them onto them is out of pure greed and not about making a good game.

There is a reason mobile devs use the term 'wales' for their consumers. Because they want to make as much money from them as possible and couldn't give a rats ass about making a good game.

Look at Star Trek and how that game asked you to rate the game after seeing the good parts of the game, than turned to utter crap.

@Heil68 said:

But age of empires online, the only F2P one, was a financial flop for Microsoft.

And the ones that weren't F2P all sold millions of copies. Do you really think MS would be so stupid to make the same mistake twice ?

Well they dismantled Ensemble studio, so do you have high hopes for anything of AOEII caliber?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By uninspiredcup

Eh. People shit talked KOTOR 2. Nowadays most people who aren't stupid consider it the superior title. I'm very open to giving other developers a chance without resting my laurels on one already established.

Origins was a great game as well actually, much closer and more respectful to the source material.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@Heil68 said:

Well they dismantled Ensemble studio, so do you have high hopes for anything of AOEII caliber?

Well, I don't consider AOE II to be the best one for starters :p

It'll depend on a lot of factors:

-Will they be making it for Xbone or PC ? Will it be exclusive for PC or will they cram in a Xbone version, will they have to dumb down the depth in order for it to work with a controller ?

-Will it be F2P ?

-Will it be geared towards the already existing AOE fanbase? Like with AOE: Online and the new one for IPhone they are obviously targeting a different type of player.

If MS is smart they'll give the development to Robot entertainment, which is what is left of Ensemble Studios and they'll try to get as many people back who worked on the original AOE games and AOM.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Heil68

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

Well, I don't consider AOE II to be the best one for starters :p

It'll depend on a lot of factors:

-Will they be making it for Xbone or PC ? Will it be exclusive for PC or will they cram in a Xbone version, will they have to dumb down the depth in order for it to work with a controller ?

-Will it be F2P ?

-Will it be geared towards the already existing AOE fanbase? Like with AOE: Online and the new one for IPhone they are obviously targeting a different type of player.

If MS is smart they'll give the development to Robot entertainment, which is what is left of Ensemble Studios and they'll try to get as many people back who worked on the original AOE games and AOM.

I think they'll make a Xbone version since it should be easy to port it over. The controller can work for RTS games as it did well for C&C Red Alert, LOTR and Halo Wars.

I dont see MS making it PC exclusive. When was the last game MS made just for PC?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 R4gn4r0k

@Heil68 said:

I think they'll make a Xbone version since it should be easy to port it over. The controller can work for RTS games as it did well for C&C Red Alert, LOTR and Halo Wars.

I dont see MS making it PC exclusive. When was the last game MS made just for PC?

Age of Mythology Extended edition. Haha, but that wasn't a new game :p

Apart from that and AOE II: HD I can't think of much. So you have a point

I don't mind if they make an Xbone port if it doesn't mean they'll have to change anything in the PC version to make it work for controllers. Like the EA rts.

If they however make it with Xbox in mind and port it over to PC, than I would mind and it could never reach the same quality as the previous games.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Hope they show something soon on it.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I played Age of Empires 2 The Conquerors for a couple years about 8 years ago. I tried Age of Mythology & didn't like it much.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#74  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Woohoo even AOE Online was great to play. Hope this is happening.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 R4gn4r0k

@clr84651 said:

I played Age of Empires 2 The Conquerors for a couple years about 8 years ago. I tried Age of Mythology & didn't like it much.

Try out age of empires 3. It still looks great today and doesn't have any of the mythological stuff and god powers that AOM had.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@JohnF111 said:

Woohoo even AOE Online was great to play. Hope this is happening.

Oh yeah. Its good to see someone who liked AOE Online, I did too.

Though they did their best to make people not want to play the game: Many people didn't like the artstyle, it was pay to win at first, prices were absurd, there was no marketing, ...

I hope MS learns from their mistakes and takes the games back to its roots.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

and not a single f*ck was given... series was irrelevant after the 2nd one.... an old game that didn't stand the test of time.

in the hands of microsoft of all people.

whoopdey friggin do.