RUMOR: Metal Gear Solid 5 Announced at Comic-Con

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Slashkice (13055 posts) -

Source is Reddit, hence the "RUMOR" in the title:

tbovrewzmu.jpg

Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour

METAL GEAR SOLID 5

The moment we were cast out of heaven, we became monsters.

yr53zsuy69.jpg

hu5s29rzyj.jpg

A PARADISE IS BORN OF THE BLOODSTAINED EARTH

-Would she have wanted this?

-That doesn't matter now

Sounds like another Big Boss game, and I'm okay with that. Going by the genre, this is also Project Ogre. In any case, I'm ready for the next big thing from Kojima. That is, if this is actually legit.

What do you think, System Wars?

#2 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

Dam thought the game was going to be about Big Mamma ? Would have found that more interesting.

#3 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22113 posts) -

4 was pretty fun (except that one part in outer haven) so im interested in this. even thinking of getting the mgs collection next year once i get a new ps3. though i kinda wish we could play one of the other female characters like big mama,the boss, and maybe even meryl. also i think in the last famitsu magazine, it had the mgs timeline, which 2012 and 1987 were bolded in red. im guessing the 2 could be related.

edit: what genre asre you thinking of, slash? and how is this project orgre? i thought it suppose to be a new ip.

and if anyone knows ,whatt doesOpen Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour mean?

#4 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
iOS exclusive. megaton
#5 Posted by HAZE-Unit (10464 posts) -

Exciting info, is MGS5 a next-gen game?is it for current gen? I hope we play as snake again, I don't want no Boss, I want Big Boss.

I have so many questions but I need to calm down lol.

#6 Posted by Slashkice (13055 posts) -

4 was pretty fun (except that one part in outer haven) so im interested in this. even thinking of getting the mgs collection next year once i get a new ps3. though i kinda wish we could play one of the other female characters like big mama,the boss, and maybe even meryl. also i think in the last famitsu magazine, it had the mgs timeline, which 2012 and 1987 were bolded in red. im guessing the 2 could be related.

edit: what genre asre you thinking of, slash? and how is this project orgre? i thought it suppose to be a new ip.

TheShadowLord07

By genre, I mean the little tagline accompanying the game's title. In Metal Gear Solid 4 for instance, the tagline read "Tactical Espionage Action". The tagline for MGS5 is:

Open Ground Reconnaisance Endeavour

As for what it means, probably that it'll be a cross of open-world gameplay and traditional Metal Gear Solid elements.

#7 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11195 posts) -

Interested if Raiden and Snake arent involved. That saga is done, the book should close on that.
Big Boss or something new please.

#8 Posted by HAZE-Unit (10464 posts) -

btw the leak's real.

I follow Kojima in twitter and yesterday that what was tweeted

HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN
With Cliffy B. http://t.co/DqjR3PBi

g

then cliff B retweeted this.

therealcliffyb
Just got pulled into a back room at Comic Con by @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN and showed some crazy new secret stuff. Wow.

#9 Posted by Blake135 (3994 posts) -

btw the leak's real.

I follow Kojima in twitter and yesterday that what was tweeted

HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN
With Cliffy B. http://t.co/DqjR3PBi

g

then cliff B retweeted this.

therealcliffyb
Just got pulled into a back room at Comic Con by @HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN and showed some crazy new secret stuff. Wow.

HAZE-Unit

Arg, CLiffy B...I hate you..

#10 Posted by The_RedLion (1942 posts) -
inb4 nanomachines, nanomachines everywhere.
#11 Posted by spike6958 (4707 posts) -
I'm calling it now, WiiU/3DS exclusive.
#12 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22113 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

Slashkice

By genre, I mean the little tagline accompanying the game's title. In Metal Gear Solid 4 for instance, the tagline read "Tactical Espionage Action". The tagline for MGS5 is:

Open Ground Reconnaisance Endeavour

As for what it means, probably that it'll be a cross of open-world gameplay and traditional Metal Gear Solid elements.

yea i just figure that out after reading it on neogaf. silly me:P guessing we find out next month.

#13 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24923 posts) -

I'm calling it now, WiiU/3DS exclusive.spike6958

Multiplat. Will also be on PC.

#14 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11195 posts) -

Not likely, Kojima made a new multiplatform engine for future games. Wouldnt mean much if he went and made new games exclusive.

#15 Posted by Desmonic (13449 posts) -

Awesome news, but with it comes the best fanboy discussion possible: Multiplat or Exclusive? :twisted:

Likely multiplat given the new Fox Engine :) They will probably reveal it at Sony's conference at Gamescom though :P

[spoiler]

However, if for some reason this isn't a multiplat and ends up being exclusive for one the consoles, be it Xbox, PS3 or even WiiU, it would be hilarious :lol: All the ownage claims and damage contol threads would be epic!! :D :D :D

Oh please, Kojima make it happen! SW NEEDS this lol

[/spoiler]

#16 Posted by The_RedLion (1942 posts) -

Awesome news, but with it comes the best fanboy discussion possible: Multiplat or Exclusive? :twisted:

Likely multiplat given the new Fox Engine :) They will probably reveal it at Sony's conference at Gamescom though :P

[spoiler]

However, if for some reason this isn't a multiplat and ends up being exclusive for one the consoles, be it Xbox, PS3 or even WiiU, it would be hilarious :lol: All the ownage claims and damage contol threads would be epic!! :D :D :D

[/spoiler]

Desmonic
Wtf so many emoticons.
#17 Posted by Desmonic (13449 posts) -
[QUOTE="Desmonic"]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The_RedLion
Wtf so many emoticons.

Wtf no emoticions.
#18 Posted by Solid_Tango (8609 posts) -
Game over Wiiu/360. PLAYSTATIONDOMINATIONCONTINUATION! Cant wait to play this on my ps3!
#19 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22113 posts) -

Game over Wiiu/360. PLAYSTATIONDOMINATIONCONTINUATION! Cant wait to play this on my ps3!Solid_Tango
you're trying too hard solid.

#20 Posted by PSP107 (11861 posts) -
Who is Big Mamma?
#22 Posted by freedomfreak (39214 posts) -
Who is Big Mamma?PSP107
Sexiest woman in the MGS universe.
#23 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

looking forward to it if its big boss and more like MGS3. also hope its on PC

#24 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

[QUOTE="PSP107"]Who is Big Mamma?freedomfreak

Eva? yes. big mamma? no :P

#25 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Who is Big Mamma?PSP107
Eva in MGS3 (I think she was in other titles aswell)

I think this might be on the Wii U (Nintendo did contact Kojima Productions about making an MGS title on the Wii U)

It could be multiplatform but it would still be on the Wii U.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (39214 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="PSP107"]Who is Big Mamma?seanmcloughlin

Eva? yes. big mamma? no :P

Both :cool:
#27 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -

Who is Big Mamma?PSP107

Solid and Liquids Surrogate Mother.

#28 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

[QUOTE="PSP107"]Who is Big Mamma?freedomfreak

Naomi is just as sexy

#29 Posted by The_RedLion (1942 posts) -
#30 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

Confirmed fake.

http://kotaku.com/5926278/konami-shoots-down-metal-gear-solid-5-rumors

The_RedLion

routine denial, look at PS3 slim and the 360 redesigns...or recently 3DS redesing rumours and ninty shooting them down and the announcing the 3DS XL.

Its routine, they wont just announce it because its leaked, it adds to hype and becomes a powerful tool the new periphery album similarly didnt leak until a day prior but the sheer amounts of hype in the space of 1 day was enormous.

Leaks are a powerful tool if you can use them correctly.

EDIT not to mention Kojima falls under KCEJ and is higher up than the guys at Konami UK are aswell, they might not be notified yet either bout the situation happens all the time.

#31 Posted by danish-death (5314 posts) -

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Desmonic
Kojima is making a PS3/Vita game with the new Fox Engine. This could be it.
#32 Posted by The_RedLion (1942 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"]

Confirmed fake.

razgriz_101

routine denial, look at PS3 slim and the 360 redesigns...or recently 3DS redesing rumours and ninty shooting them down and the announcing the 3DS XL.

Its routine, they wont just announce it because its leaked, it adds to hype and becomes a powerful tool the new periphery album similarly didnt leak until a day prior but the sheer amounts of hype in the space of 1 day was enormous.

EDIT not to mention Kojima falls under KCEJ and is higher up than the guys at Konami UK are aswell, they might not be notified yet either bout the situation happens all the time.

So Konami went to Comic Con, announced a game, then denied it the next day. Oh and they just forgot to tell Konami UK. Sounds legit.
#33 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"]

Confirmed fake.

The_RedLion

So Konami went to Comic Con, announced a game, then denied it the next day. Oh and they just forgot to tell Konami UK. Sounds legit.

Considering Cliffy B's tweet bout what he's been shown behind closed doors and the fact Kojima has RT'd on top of these screens and what we've seen in various previous "leaks" and information from the fox engine including 1 specific pic of big boss, it makes me think otherwise, that it was a showcase that was behind closed doors to a select few people in the industry.

Main announcement at TGS i can actually see it being more likely, because it wasnt on the show floor doesnt mean it wasnt there.

Hype is a weapon used by Kojima time and time again, and people fall for the trap of calling out as fake or what not.

#34 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="The_RedLion"]

Confirmed fake.

The_RedLion

So what's your reason for them going to Comic Con then? just for the atmosphere? not likely. Also what did Cliffy B see then?

You just want this to be false in case it's a PS3 exclusive and not multiplat

#35 Posted by The_RedLion (1942 posts) -
So what's your reason for them going to Comic Con then? just for the atmosphere? not likely. seanmcloughlin
That's a good point. But that doesn't mean this particular leak is real.
You just want this to be false in case it's a PS3 exclusive and not multiplatseanmcloughlin
Wut. I own a PS3, I couldn't care less if this is multiplat or not, I'll play it either way. Calm down that PS3 persecution complex cowboy.
#36 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]So what's your reason for them going to Comic Con then? just for the atmosphere? not likely. The_RedLion
You just want this to be false in case it's a PS3 exclusive and not multiplatseanmcloughlin
Wut. I own a PS3, I couldn't care less if this is multiplat or not, I'll play it either way. Calm down that PS3 persecution complex cowboy.

Cliffy B's tweet yesterday relating directly to Kojima makes me think otherwise that its plausible.

PR teams like the ones who do the twitter feeds and stuff tend to be kept in the dark with good reason.

#37 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]So what's your reason for them going to Comic Con then? just for the atmosphere? not likely. The_RedLion

Apologies about that for some reason I thought you were that Johnny cage guy cos of the avatar (unless youre a fakeboy alt) but still I thought you were someone else so I retract that part

#38 Posted by The_RedLion (1942 posts) -
I thought you were that Johnny cage seanmcloughlin
Second time today, wtf. I've been around since 2009, I got this avatar first >_>
#39 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]I thought you were that Johnny cage The_RedLion
Second time today, wtf. I've been around since 2009, I got this avatar first >_>

I thought the samething. I guess it is because JohnnyCageMK is more prominant arround here posting threads and hating on PS3 all the time.

Edit* I didn't really think you were JohnnycageMK I thought you were an alt-account I can't see any of JohnnycageMK's posts.

#40 Posted by cfstar (1979 posts) -

Damn it you stole my line :(

#41 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]I thought you were that Johnny cage The_RedLion

I was wondering why the sig was suddenly different alright :P But yeah he has the same avatar and is always around bashing the PS3 and supporting the 360 incessently so it's an easy mistake :P

#42 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I'm honestly tired of MGS after 4. I thought Kojima might want to branch out and try something new... but he is pretty dead set on making more it seems.
#43 Posted by princeofshapeir (13781 posts) -
I think the same thing happened last year with RE6 and TGS... the "teaser" turned out to be an elaborate photoshop endeavor. I guess this is the same thing. Of course, we know for sure RE6 is crap now, but that's besides the point.
#44 Posted by freedomfreak (39214 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"][QUOTE="PSP107"]Who is Big Mamma?Zaibach

Naomi is just as sexy

pft
#45 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

I'm honestly tired of MGS after 4. I thought Kojima might want to branch out and try something new... but he is pretty dead set on making more it seems.Zeviander

He probably keeps trying to leave it to his team but they fail at making it the way he always did so he has to step in. Either that or he just can't make anything anymore or doesn't want to in case it doesn't sell.

But he is making the new Z.O.E so at least he branches a little. But I hate when a dev sticks to the same old franchise over and over again. Even R* branch out now and then. Also MGS4 was sort of bad to me, on it's own it's a fantastic game but compared to MGS3, well it's hard to top MGS3

#46 Posted by AtlanticRock (8122 posts) -

TGS would be the only place I think Kojima would announce MGS5... but MGR still hasn't released yet, neither has ZOE3... so, the earliest would be E3 2013, for anything MGS5 related.

#47 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]I'm honestly tired of MGS after 4. I thought Kojima might want to branch out and try something new... but he is pretty dead set on making more it seems.seanmcloughlin

He probably keeps trying to leave it to his team but they fail at making it the way he always did so he has to step in. Either that or he just can't make anything anymore or doesn't want to in case it doesn't sell.

But he is making the new Z.O.E so at least he branches a little. But I hate when a dev sticks to the same old franchise over and over again. Even R* branch out now and then. Also MGS4 was sort of bad to me, on it's own it's a fantastic game but compared to MGS3, well it's hard to top MGS3

If were talking bout Rockstar north, the last original new game they developed was Manhunt which was nearly a decade ago and manhunt 2 wasnt developed by the guys at north either :P

Sometimes your best sticking to what your good at, if you know its gonna do well and its gonna end up being a good product at the end of the cycle :P

#48 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -
This rumor has really rustled my nanomachines.
#49 Posted by PSP107 (11861 posts) -

[QUOTE="PSP107"]Who is Big Mamma?OhJayDubya

Solid and Liquids Surrogate Mother.

Oh yeah. I havent played MGS3 since 04. But also that name rarely comes up comparedto Big Boss.
#50 Posted by PSP107 (11861 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]I'm honestly tired of MGS after 4. I thought Kojima might want to branch out and try something new... but he is pretty dead set on making more it seems.seanmcloughlin

But R* games are still at heart the same.