Rumor Gears of War 4 on PS4 announcement

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Phil Spencer confirmed Epic is not working with Microsoft, Epic founder countdowns until the PS4 Spike TV launch event where they are said to announce more games.

Possible nail in coffin

#2 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Cows have been saying all generation how Gears of War sucks, so I doubt they'd care if the series shows up on PS4.

#3 Posted by blamix (98 posts) -

Hope its a new IP, didn't enjoy gears of war

#4 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -

Kind of over Gears, formula is getting stale. Talented devs though, a new IP would be interesting.

#5 Edited by Merex760 (4250 posts) -

I also hope it's a new IP. If Epic really isn't working with MS and has jumped ship to develop a PS4 exclusive, that would be a huge loss for Microsoft. Ultimately, I think they're just done with exclusives and have gone multi-plat.

#6 Posted by Netret0120 (1545 posts) -

GEOW should die. i can't imagine it on PS4.

#7 Posted by Zophar87 (4324 posts) -

First Bungie and now Epic Games? If that doesn't say something about Microsoft's business practices then I don't know what will..

#8 Edited by trugs26 (4661 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Cows have been saying all generation how Gears of War sucks, so I doubt they'd care if the series shows up on PS4.

Doubt it. Sounds like you're generalising. I'm sure it'd be welcomed.

#9 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

First Bungie and now Epic Games? If that doesn't say something about Microsoft's business practices then I don't know what will..

What does it say about Microsoft's business practices?

Both companies have nothing, but awesome things to say about Microsoft, and how they were treated.

#10 Edited by Zophar87 (4324 posts) -

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

Both companies have nothing, but awesome things to say about Microsoft, and how they were treated.

Then why wasn't Destiny shown on Microsoft's stage if that were the case?

#11 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

This is a dumb argument, MGS5 wasn't shown on Sony's stage, does that mean Konami and Kojima think Sony's business practices suck?

It would of been retarded to have shown the same game on two different stages;

#12 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

And I'm willing to bet anything that this is a new IP. People can say what they want about Gears, it's still one of the biggest selling series of this past gen, and there's no way MS would it go to the competition without at least offering Epic a fat check.

#13 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

That's quite the jump there.

Bungie shows Destiny on PS4 stage = Bungie dislikes Microsoft

Bungie is also putting exclusive content into Destiny on the PS4. What does that usually entail? That someone put extra money into their pockets. In this case that money would have come from Sony, and with that money would also come the request of showing the game on the PS4 stage.

Let me guess. Konami dislikes Sony now? I mean they showed MGS5 on the Xbox stage, so I guess that's what that means.

As far as Gears of War goes, you're talking about a game series that became a billion dollar franchise under Microsoft, and a game that Epic has stated (multiple times) they had complete, and total control of.

Seriously, why would you think these companies think poorly of Microsoft? Because it's Microsoft, and Microsoft is "teh evilz"?

#14 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Zophar87 said:

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

This is a dumb argument, MGS5 wasn't shown on Sony's stage, does that mean Konami and Kojima think Sony's business practices suck?

very true, them showing MGS5 does not mean Konami hates Sony, they probably made most of their money BECAUSE of sony. Most the biggest Konami games were on a sony console... metal gear 1,3,4 alone were sony exclusives.

#15 Edited by PAL360 (26321 posts) -

I would love that, Gears is awesome, but doesn't MS owns the IP?

#16 Edited by _Matt_ (8413 posts) -

@PAL360 said:

I would love that...or a new game, but doesn't MS own Gears IP?

I think Epic own Gears IP.

That said, I don't like Gears, so I would rather a new IP

#17 Posted by delta3074 (17114 posts) -

Phil Spencer confirmed Epic is not working with Microsoft, Epic founder countdowns until the PS4 Spike TV launch event where they are said to announce more games.

Possible nail in coffin

your thread title is misleading.

Phil spencer confirming Epic is not working with MS does not Equate to Gears 4 being on the Ps4, it just means Epic are not working with MS.

Some people really do pull some of the stupidest things from there backside ,lol

#18 Posted by Sweenix (5114 posts) -

Keep that trash away from my ps4 please.

#19 Posted by PAL360 (26321 posts) -
#20 Posted by dotWithShoes (4745 posts) -

@SonofK said:

very true, them showing MGS5 does not mean Konami hates Sony, they probably made most of their money BECAUSE of sony. Most the biggest Konami games were on a sony console... metal gear 1,3,4 alone were sony exclusives.

You mean Metal Gear Solid, I'm guessing. And MGS 1 was on PC, MGS3 is on multiple platforms. Soooo, MGS 4 has been the only exclusive game.

#21 Posted by delta3074 (17114 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@Zophar87 said:

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

MGS 1 was also on the Pc and was remade for the Gamecube so no, only 3 and 4 where Exclusive and you can get 3 on the Xbox 360 and Ps3 now, the Only MGS game that is exclusive now is MGS 4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid

you really should do your research dude, Helps a LOT,lol

#22 Edited by EnergyAbsorber (4892 posts) -

Cool..I'll be watching spike TV that day.

#23 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

@SonofK said:

@Zophar87 said:

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

MGS 1 was also on the Pc and was remade for the Gamecube so no, only 3 and 4 where Exclusive and you can get 3 on the Xbox 360 and Ps3 now, the Only MGS game that is exclusive now is MGS 4.

I think he meant that they were exclusive at one point, rather than being exclusive now.

#24 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4623 posts) -

It's Blueprint, which won't be PS4 exclusive, it will be multiplat

#25 Posted by _Matt_ (8413 posts) -

It's Blueprint, which won't be PS4 exclusive, it will be multiplat

Blueprint? What's that? I feel behind on the times now xD

#26 Posted by delta3074 (17114 posts) -

@SonofK said:

@delta3074 said:

@kingoflife9 said:

@SonofK said:

@Zophar87 said:

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

I think he meant that they were exclusive at one point, rather than being exclusive now.

MGS 1 was never an Exclusive, it released on the Pc at the same time as the Ps1

#27 Edited by Nightflash28 (2012 posts) -

It will probably be Fortnite. They've been holding this game under wraps for a long time, so I guess it would make sense. It also seems a more likely reveal than Gears of War for PS4 (was the IP not owned by MS?).

#28 Edited by bezza2011 (1921 posts) -

Well facts still speak for themselves, Microsoft has a few key first party games for me anyway and they were Gears Of War, Forza, Halo, Fable.

Halo is still going but the creators have left and gone multiplat, and now Gears Of War Creators have left and maybe going Multiplat, what is left for Microsoft, Alan Wake creators Hmmmm you probably won't see that game for a few years with there track record and Halo prob end of 2014 maybe even 2015, Fable end of next year also. there ain't much left

#29 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22015 posts) -

if it is going to be gears game then I would like it come to the pc as well. we only got the first game and there excuses were they can't get it to work and that they would follow where the most gamers are. Or maybe its a new game. i saw pictures of neogaf. It was very cyberpunk like.

#30 Edited by TheShensolidus (197 posts) -

Honestly, I doubt this is a Gears game. Gears is a franchise that would need to re-establish an audience on Playstation, particularly in next-gen. It's too great a risk, they would probably just spend money on a new IP or new tech. Maybe this is just an announcement that UE4 runs best on PS4 or something, I have no idea. This is a weird 'collaboration' if you will. And no, I haven't heard anything about what this could be from within the industry.

A PS4 Fortnite announcement, or a new IP announcement, seems far more likely. Whether it'll be exclusive or not remains to be seen. OP, you mentioned that Phil Spencer has said that Epic is no longer working with MS - I find that very surprising really. I haven't seen an interview where something like that was mentioned. Care to post a link or something?

#31 Posted by tormentos (15366 posts) -

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

Yeah i am sure it was on the contract that once over Epic most speak good things about MS...hahaha

They have several clash over DLC which epic love to give for free but MS force them to charge for,Epic consumer friendly on PC and PS3,because UT got tons of free content on PS3.

Any way the series it beat up now the last game is basically a 7.9 game on meta so i hope is a new series,but ouch if true another exclusive loss on MS part.

#32 Edited by delta3074 (17114 posts) -

@treedoor said:

@Zophar87 said:

Yeah i am sure it was on the contract that once over Epic most speak good things about MS...hahaha

They have several clash over DLC which epic love to give for free but MS force them to charge for,Epic consumer friendly on PC and PS3,because UT got tons of free content on PS3.

Any way the series it beat up now the last game is basically a 7.9 game on meta so i hope is a new series,but ouch if true another exclusive loss on MS part.

they where contracted to say good things about MS? what a load of rubbish dude, thats reaching, even for you,lol

#33 Edited by FinalFighters (1251 posts) -

Gears Trilogy on PS4/PS3 Please.

#34 Posted by dommeus (8974 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

Epic have always been third-party, same as Insomniac, who recently started developing games on other platforms too. What does that say about Sony? Nothing.

#35 Edited by Shewgenja (6937 posts) -

Do not want! New IP Plox.

#36 Edited by withe1982 (429 posts) -

#37 Posted by rbamsey (110 posts) -

I really enjoyed GOW, 3 showed it was getting long in the tooth but I would play another installment if it was done right.

As my PS4 is waiting to be delivered I would welcome it on the system - the more options I have to play the better. It seems that PS4 will be the better platform for multiplats - in my opinion - so ordered that machine.

#38 Edited by Suppaman100 (2965 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Keep that trash away from my ps4 please.

This.

The first one was good...on PC. Then the series went downhill and ended as a mediocre franchise.

New IP pls.

#39 Posted by tormentos (15366 posts) -

they where contracted to say good things about MS? what a load of rubbish dude, thats reaching, even for you,lol

Re read please.

#40 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25072 posts) -

Would be funny but nah. 3 is enough for that series.

#41 Posted by ihsanqueen (866 posts) -

Although I think Gears of War is a pretty good game, I'd rather have Uncharted 4 than Gears of War 4 on PS4

#42 Edited by TREAL_Since (11945 posts) -

This is super interesting... Pretty big news if they make exclusives for PS4. It'll be like they switched sides with Insomniac, haha.

My reasoning would be:

A.) Epic are just eager to develop on a new platform.

B.) They view PS4 as a more capable machine to express their new game(s). More power than the XBO and just as easy, if not easier, to develop for.

C.) Sony approached them with an offer they could not refuse.

D.) All of the above.

---

For me, Gears of War is a literal KILLER APP in the purest form. I would have bought an XBO just for a new Gears of War developed by Epic, lol.

#43 Posted by TREAL_Since (11945 posts) -

Although I think Gears of War is a pretty good game, I'd rather have Uncharted 4 than Gears of War 4 on PS4

Why not both :) ?

#44 Posted by whatsazerg (189 posts) -

I'd guess it'll be Fortnite

#45 Edited by TREAL_Since (11945 posts) -

@whatsazerg said:

I'd guess it'll be Fortnite

I would have guessed Fortnite as well, though Geoff Keighly said it's a "new" game. Could just be Fortnite since Keighly is the master of generating unworthy hype.

#46 Posted by Ghost120x (3435 posts) -

That's awesome. One less reason for me to buy an xbox if that's true.

#47 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5571 posts) -

I would like a new Trilogy, as in a reboot.

#48 Posted by RR360DD (11075 posts) -

Hopefully. Its a garbage series. Cows deserve it.

#49 Edited by Phazevariance (10846 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

It says that they had a logn term contract that started around the Xbox original and 360 launch era and has now ended. It says nothing more.

#50 Posted by shawn30 (3722 posts) -

I would not be shocked if whatever they announced is a PS4 exclusive. MS captured Titanfall last week, so this could be a response. I do doubt its Gears, who who knows. As for me I loved all 3 Gears games and would love a fourth from Epic on next gen. But you couldn't give me Killzone for free, lol :)