RUMOR: FF7 HD collection & FFXIII collection coming to PS4?

• 74 results
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

TAKE this as a rumor nothing more and nothing else

Fake or real?

Square Enix may be on to something and we may see a Final Fantasy 7 collection for PS4 alongside Final Fantasy XIII collection for PS4 and XboxOne pictured below:

Seeing how FF type-0 came out of nowhere for next gen consoles i dont see why they wouldnt release FF7 HD for next gen :o

link for more clearer picture: http://i.imgur.com/Go5SM0k.jpg

And just few weeks ago Square Enix confirmed a Final Fantasy Type-0 HD remaster for the PS4 and XOne

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps4/

Square Enix seem to be teasing a lot of things lately: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/05/something-related-to-final-fantasys-lightning-to-appear-on-famitsu-after-e3/

links:

• http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps4/
  • http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/05/something-related-to-final-fantasys-lightning-to-appear-on-famitsu-after-e3/
  • http://thevitalounge.net/forum/threads/rumour-final-fantasy-xiii-hd-collection-and-ff7-hd-collection.697/
  • http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=532848

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Are they releasing the FFXIII collection so we can burn it with fire?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

no more Lightning please, just let these garbage games fade away for the love of god. And the entire FF7 compilation was another turd. Stop staining the FF7 legacy. Square Enix suck.

;(

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By finalstar2007

@yokofox33 said:

lmfao

I can imagine Square Enix say this :*Dont like FFXIII? well too bad we'll give you more lightning'z!*

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

The FF7 releases on PC are hardly what I'd call "HD remasters" ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

What can they do though? they made the backgrounds HD, the resolution... and sharpened everything. what do you think will happen with yet another one? they can't do anything... the game was between the time of full 3D graphics and the charaters depend on their blocky nature.

there is next to nothing short of compeltely redoing the game that they can do. people are hyping up nothing.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 finalstar2007

@MBirdy88 said:

Man the new generation JUST started i mean it hasnt been a whole year yet.

Type-0 HD is a game that never been released to the West and FF7 HD ( if true) has 3 games and 1 movie? that released long time ago so it would be nice to play them again.

as for FFXIII collection yeah thats a little lol ( if true of course )

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

What can they do though? they made the backgrounds HD, the resolution... and sharpened everything. what do you think will happen with yet another one? they can't do anything... the game was between the time of full 3D graphics and the charaters depend on their blocky nature.

there is next to nothing short of compeltely redoing the game that they can do. people are hyping up nothing.

It's not that I disagree, but they could have certainly remastered it some more.

Like a better control scheme and controller support (Xinput). Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago), that did'nt work all that great.

And it's a little disgraceful that the old version modded actually looked better than the new one. They could at least have used the high quality models outside of combat.

Basically, they really did'nt put much effort into the 2013 release.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

It's not that I disagree, but they could have certainly remastered it some more.

Like a better control scheme and controller support (Xinput). Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago), that did'nt work all that great.

And it's a little disgraceful that the old version modded actually looked better than the new one. They could at least have used the high quality models outside of combat.

true, they could of updated the control scheme.

Square do not have the original source code for FF7... one of the games that they lost, so every addition, like the mods is just on a wrapper. its kinda sad that it happened... maybe we would of actually seen a better remaster.

They knew people would buy it regardless... companies will never match the potential of fans that mod games.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MlauTheDaft

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Square do not have the original source code for FF7... one of the games that they lost, so every addition, like the mods is just on a wrapper. its kinda sad that it happened... maybe we would of actually seen a better remaster.

They knew people would buy it regardless... companies will never match the potential of fans that mod games.

Oh... I did'nt know that, but it explains a lot :)

I can see why they would'nt bother with reverse engineering, but the game is severely dated.

Quite frankly, it's well past the point where the respectable thing to do would be biting the bullet and do what modders do or simply not rerelease it with "updated" prices.

I mean, they did prove that they know how to use a wrapper, they just did'nt do much with it ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Oh... I did'nt know that, but it explains a lot :)

I can see why they would'nt bother with reverse engineering, but the game is severely dated.

Quite frankly, it's well past the point where the respectable thing to do would be biting the bullet and do what modders do or simply not rerelease it with "updated" prices.

I mean, they did prove that they know how to use a wrapper, they just did'nt do much with it ;)

Heh true.

For example Kingdom Hearts 1 HD was a complete remake (probably using KH2's source/assets) because KH1 was also lost. I cant remember what other games they lost, but there were quite a few.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ohgeez
Member since 2011 • 919 Posts

I would buy a ps4 immediately if this were true (the ffvii compilation, screw ffxiii). 7 and crysis core were both great experiences for me. Can't say much for the others but haven't heard good things.

In other news, the woman in the apartment above me is vacuuming. It sounds like cries from the planet.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Yeah,,,more "remasters" Can't get enough of those...at this rate Sony doesn't have to make a new game until 2016.

Remasters, and indie PC ports. Now I see why people are calling the PS4 the PSport..lol. It's also being called the PisS poor, but I won't make an issue of that. Don't need to fight off a wave of rabid cows.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#16 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Pretty sure this was confirmed to be fake by the very guy that created those images. I'd love a FFXIII collection for PS4 though.

GamersJustGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 GamersJustGame
Member since 2014 • 323 Posts

Highly and I do mean highly doubtful. And if it does, it will be released on both next gen consoles

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

@gamersjustgame said:

Highly and I do mean highly doubtful. And if it does, it will be released on both next gen consoles

Kinda says that in the OP

Edit: My mistake, just saw it was only X1 on XIII. Then ya, agreed.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I bought the best available version of FFVII for $4.07 the other day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#20  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I really hope this is a fvckin joke. This sh*t is getting ridiculous. This whole generation is really shit thus far, just remakes everywhere

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts

Yeah that's cool, but what about a Final Fantasy IX HD release? Anybody? No? Oh...ok. I think it's all silly but damn, I feel like FF IX always gets left behind.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

why? FF13 re release isint needed since you can pick up the games pretty easily.I dont understand the FF7 collection ether.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I hear people are pissed they're not releasing type0 on vita

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
@gamersjustgame said:

Well yeah it's a 'shop job, and I think it's old to boot.

I think VII is limited to Sony consoles since they published it (with SE publishing for PC).

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#25 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

A FFXIII Collection would be the best.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

No new games planned?

Let's remake old games!

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Could it be the PS2 and PSP games (forgot their names.) plus the movie and charge you $50 for it? I say is possible!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 finalstar2007

@lostrib said:

I hear people are pissed they're not releasing type0 on vita

Very! you can see for yourself on the psblog link that i posted.. over 1000 comments

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

why don't they just hurry with FFXV and KH3? these two games are the real deal

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

FFXII IZJS HD or bust.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Actually, many fans agree that the Steam version is the worst of the bunch.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

FFVII HD Remake? I laughed, Square doesn't have the intelligence for that.

Lightning Collection? The point I made above has just been proven.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Why the hell would anyone want to buy those turds again?(FF7 is the only exception here)

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

I'm gonna say FFVII is fake since its something people actually want and square hasn't done that in eons

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@yokofox33 said:

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Krelian-co

@pyratrum said:

@foxhound_fox said:

agreed, the sound somehow is worse than the psx version and the fact that some characters and items are rendered at high resolution contrasts very bad with the really outdated backgrounds, i'd rather play it with a psx emulator.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

All I care about is FF Type 0 atm, the whole FF7 HD/remake rumor has been around since the PS2 days.

Junsei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Junsei
Member since 2004 • 723 Posts

hmm well seeing that before crisis was a cell phone game that never came out in English i highly doubt this is true. even tho the 3rd birthday was also a cell phone game later turned into a psp title i guess this collection has a chance but its not real and it dosent make any sense. the fact that it says FFVII AC complete in HD is a sign of falseness. right now i dont think SE has the time to completely remake a cell phone game and a ps1 title unless its actually the pc version with mods and lets face it..... dirge of cerberus. not even the hardcore FFVII fans can support that game.

oh yea this is not really complete due to the lost chapters of dirge of cerberus that was also a cell phone title. so yea....... this is fake

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Krelian-co

@Ballroompirate said:

All I care about is FF Type 0 atm, the whole FF7 HD/remake rumor has been around since the PS2 days.

well it's an hd release, not a remake per se so it's very possible.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@pyratrum said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Some do, some don't. I've read mixed opinions about it. Those that don't just have problems with the secondary DRM of signing up for a S-E account. You can still play offline after doing the one-time signup. It's fully compatible with all the PC mods (which make it the best version) and comes with Steam achievements.

It's impossible to argue with $4.07 when an original PS copy runs $30-40. Single discs average around $10. And these are online auctions on eBay. Brick and mortar used stores, last I saw was $80 a few months ago for a greatest hits green label.

Even if this HD collection is a thing, it'll be $30 minimum for two games. S-E is charging $15 for the PC version of FFIII on Steam. Chances are, with people paying upwards of $50-60 for "Definitive Editions", I bet this'll come out in that range.

Again. I spent $4 on it. I wasn't going to argue with "best or worst" at that price level.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

FF7 - 10 are the last good one's I've played (game play, don't give a shit about story, Japanese shit don't make any sense to me anyway)

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

So, would the FF7 HD collection just be an HD version of the PS1 game or a complete overall like Resident Evil Remake was? Also, as FF7 is one game, why is the word "collection" being used?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol its insane how horrible square enix is now, We'll take a look just at their pc offerings.
Steam sale had ff8 and 7 for like 4 bucks I had a few bucks in my steam wallet from selling off summer cards so I went ahead and grabbed both....Without the update ff7 is insanely bad looking with a small upgrade to character polygons the music is complete shit its MIDI *they updated it finally with the cd quality sound of the ps1 original but not before a user made patch allowed you to put high quality OGG rips of the ps1 original music in, or you could put in the ff7 remasters you can find on youtube* ff8 is even worse the static backgrounds look horrible, and people often have problems with the Cinematic's skipping.

Not only that you are FORCED to sign up for the square enix service just to play these single player only games that were released 15 years ago....

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
@Telekill said:

So, would the FF7 HD collection just be an HD version of the PS1 game or a complete overall like Resident Evil Remake was? Also, as FF7 is one game, why is the word "collection" being used?

I would assume If this rumor is true *I doubt it, the picture looks eerily like the last picture of a supposed ff7 remake announcement and I doubt Microsoft wouldn't pump money to get this game as well since Square enix is no longer owned in any part by Sony* that since there are so many games in the compilation that they would decide on a standard engine and make all the games on that engine.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

FF13 in HD? hahah Square is going full r*tard.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61466 Posts

I'm thinking it's probably fake.

@Telekill said:

It would likely include the FF7 spinoffs, such as Crisis Core.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@pyratrum said:

@foxhound_fox said:

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

If this is true then the only game that's not going to be in HD will be Final Fantasy VII.

Fans have been asking for a Remaster for YEARS and Square just isn't going to deliver.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

How is it a collection if its just one game?