RUMOR: FF7 HD collection & FFXIII collection coming to PS4?

  • 74 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -

TAKE this as a rumor nothing more and nothing else

Fake or real?

Square Enix may be on to something and we may see a Final Fantasy 7 collection for PS4 alongside Final Fantasy XIII collection for PS4 and XboxOne pictured below:

Seeing how FF type-0 came out of nowhere for next gen consoles i dont see why they wouldnt release FF7 HD for next gen :o

link for more clearer picture: http://i.imgur.com/Go5SM0k.jpg

And just few weeks ago Square Enix confirmed a Final Fantasy Type-0 HD remaster for the PS4 and XOne

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/10/final-fantasy-type-0-hd-coming-to-ps4/

Square Enix seem to be teasing a lot of things lately: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/05/something-related-to-final-fantasys-lightning-to-appear-on-famitsu-after-e3/

links:

#2 Posted by yokofox33 (29007 posts) -

Are they releasing the FFXIII collection so we can burn it with fire?

#3 Edited by Gue1 (9178 posts) -

no more Lightning please, just let these garbage games fade away for the love of god. And the entire FF7 compilation was another turd. Stop staining the FF7 legacy. Square Enix suck.

;(

#4 Edited by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Are they releasing the FFXIII collection so we can burn it with fire?

lmfao

I can imagine Square Enix say this :*Dont like FFXIII? well too bad we'll give you more lightning'z!*

#5 Posted by MBirdy88 (7216 posts) -

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

#6 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3022 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

The FF7 releases on PC are hardly what I'd call "HD remasters" ;)

#7 Posted by MBirdy88 (7216 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

The FF7 releases on PC are hardly what I'd call "HD remasters" ;)

What can they do though? they made the backgrounds HD, the resolution... and sharpened everything. what do you think will happen with yet another one? they can't do anything... the game was between the time of full 3D graphics and the charaters depend on their blocky nature.

there is next to nothing short of compeltely redoing the game that they can do. people are hyping up nothing.

#8 Posted by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

Man the new generation JUST started i mean it hasnt been a whole year yet.

Type-0 HD is a game that never been released to the West and FF7 HD ( if true) has 3 games and 1 movie? that released long time ago so it would be nice to play them again.

as for FFXIII collection yeah thats a little lol ( if true of course )

#9 Posted by ChronosChris (125 posts) -

Gonna guess that's fake. Saw that same picture posted months back. Nothing came of it and no information to speak of.

#10 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3022 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

The FF7 releases on PC are hardly what I'd call "HD remasters" ;)

What can they do though? they made the backgrounds HD, the resolution... and sharpened everything. what do you think will happen with yet another one? they can't do anything... the game was between the time of full 3D graphics and the charaters depend on their blocky nature.

there is next to nothing short of compeltely redoing the game that they can do. people are hyping up nothing.

It's not that I disagree, but they could have certainly remastered it some more.

Like a better control scheme and controller support (Xinput). Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago), that did'nt work all that great.

And it's a little disgraceful that the old version modded actually looked better than the new one. They could at least have used the high quality models outside of combat.

Basically, they really did'nt put much effort into the 2013 release.

#11 Posted by MBirdy88 (7216 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

The FF7 releases on PC are hardly what I'd call "HD remasters" ;)

What can they do though? they made the backgrounds HD, the resolution... and sharpened everything. what do you think will happen with yet another one? they can't do anything... the game was between the time of full 3D graphics and the charaters depend on their blocky nature.

there is next to nothing short of compeltely redoing the game that they can do. people are hyping up nothing.

It's not that I disagree, but they could have certainly remastered it some more.

Like a better control scheme and controller support (Xinput). Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago), that did'nt work all that great.

And it's a little disgraceful that the old version modded actually looked better than the new one. They could at least have used the high quality models outside of combat.

Basically, they really did'nt put much effort into the 2013 release.

true, they could of updated the control scheme.

Square do not have the original source code for FF7... one of the games that they lost, so every addition, like the mods is just on a wrapper. its kinda sad that it happened... maybe we would of actually seen a better remaster.

They knew people would buy it regardless... companies will never match the potential of fans that mod games.

#12 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3022 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

The FF7 releases on PC are hardly what I'd call "HD remasters" ;)

What can they do though? they made the backgrounds HD, the resolution... and sharpened everything. what do you think will happen with yet another one? they can't do anything... the game was between the time of full 3D graphics and the charaters depend on their blocky nature.

there is next to nothing short of compeltely redoing the game that they can do. people are hyping up nothing.

It's not that I disagree, but they could have certainly remastered it some more.

Like a better control scheme and controller support (Xinput). Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago), that did'nt work all that great.

And it's a little disgraceful that the old version modded actually looked better than the new one. They could at least have used the high quality models outside of combat.

Basically, they really did'nt put much effort into the 2013 release.

true, they could of updated the control scheme.

Square do not have the original source code for FF7... one of the games that they lost, so every addition, like the mods is just on a wrapper. its kinda sad that it happened... maybe we would of actually seen a better remaster.

They knew people would buy it regardless... companies will never match the potential of fans that mod games.

Oh... I did'nt know that, but it explains a lot :)

I can see why they would'nt bother with reverse engineering, but the game is severely dated.

Quite frankly, it's well past the point where the respectable thing to do would be biting the bullet and do what modders do or simply not rerelease it with "updated" prices.

I mean, they did prove that they know how to use a wrapper, they just did'nt do much with it ;)

#13 Posted by MBirdy88 (7216 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@MBirdy88 said:

oh yea, more hd remasters.... its not like ff7 has had those over and over again. (on pc at least).

I should of got a wii-u instead of the ps4 .... the hd consoles are going to have even less games than last gen. just western shallow shooters and remasters and indie games that have been on pc for years.

The FF7 releases on PC are hardly what I'd call "HD remasters" ;)

What can they do though? they made the backgrounds HD, the resolution... and sharpened everything. what do you think will happen with yet another one? they can't do anything... the game was between the time of full 3D graphics and the charaters depend on their blocky nature.

there is next to nothing short of compeltely redoing the game that they can do. people are hyping up nothing.

It's not that I disagree, but they could have certainly remastered it some more.

Like a better control scheme and controller support (Xinput). Last time I checked (which admittedly was a long time ago), that did'nt work all that great.

And it's a little disgraceful that the old version modded actually looked better than the new one. They could at least have used the high quality models outside of combat.

Basically, they really did'nt put much effort into the 2013 release.

true, they could of updated the control scheme.

Square do not have the original source code for FF7... one of the games that they lost, so every addition, like the mods is just on a wrapper. its kinda sad that it happened... maybe we would of actually seen a better remaster.

They knew people would buy it regardless... companies will never match the potential of fans that mod games.

Oh... I did'nt know that, but it explains a lot :)

I can see why they would'nt bother with reverse engineering, but the game is severely dated.

Quite frankly, it's well past the point where the respectable thing to do would be biting the bullet and do what modders do or simply not rerelease it with "updated" prices.

I mean, they did prove that they know how to use a wrapper, they just did'nt do much with it ;)

Heh true.

For example Kingdom Hearts 1 HD was a complete remake (probably using KH2's source/assets) because KH1 was also lost. I cant remember what other games they lost, but there were quite a few.

#14 Posted by ohgeez (909 posts) -

I would buy a ps4 immediately if this were true (the ffvii compilation, screw ffxiii). 7 and crysis core were both great experiences for me. Can't say much for the others but haven't heard good things.

In other news, the woman in the apartment above me is vacuuming. It sounds like cries from the planet.

#15 Posted by coasterguy65 (5751 posts) -

Yeah,,,more "remasters" Can't get enough of those...at this rate Sony doesn't have to make a new game until 2016.

Remasters, and indie PC ports. Now I see why people are calling the PS4 the PSport..lol. It's also being called the PisS poor, but I won't make an issue of that. Don't need to fight off a wave of rabid cows.

#16 Posted by Legend002 (6654 posts) -

Pretty sure this was confirmed to be fake by the very guy that created those images. I'd love a FFXIII collection for PS4 though.

#17 Posted by GamersJustGame (117 posts) -

Highly and I do mean highly doubtful. And if it does, it will be released on both next gen consoles

#18 Edited by Chutebox (36227 posts) -

@gamersjustgame said:

Highly and I do mean highly doubtful. And if it does, it will be released on both next gen consoles

Kinda says that in the OP

Edit: My mistake, just saw it was only X1 on XIII. Then ya, agreed.

#19 Edited by foxhound_fox (86987 posts) -

I bought the best available version of FFVII for $4.07 the other day.

#20 Edited by Vatusus (4238 posts) -

I really hope this is a fvckin joke. This sh*t is getting ridiculous. This whole generation is really shit thus far, just remakes everywhere

#21 Edited by -Karmum- (3767 posts) -

Yeah that's cool, but what about a Final Fantasy IX HD release? Anybody? No? Oh...ok. I think it's all silly but damn, I feel like FF IX always gets left behind.

#22 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26178 posts) -

why? FF13 re release isint needed since you can pick up the games pretty easily.I dont understand the FF7 collection ether.

#23 Posted by lostrib (31905 posts) -

I hear people are pissed they're not releasing type0 on vita

#24 Posted by santoron (7470 posts) -

Highly and I do mean highly doubtful. And if it does, it will be released on both next gen consoles

Well yeah it's a 'shop job, and I think it's old to boot.

I think VII is limited to Sony consoles since they published it (with SE publishing for PC).

#25 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3248 posts) -

A FFXIII Collection would be the best.

#26 Edited by MonsieurX (28788 posts) -

No new games planned?

Let's remake old games!

#27 Edited by ni6htmare01 (840 posts) -

Could it be the PS2 and PSP games (forgot their names.) plus the movie and charge you $50 for it? I say is possible!

#28 Posted by finalstar2007 (24876 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I hear people are pissed they're not releasing type0 on vita

Very! you can see for yourself on the psblog link that i posted.. over 1000 comments

#29 Edited by blamix99 (1548 posts) -

why don't they just hurry with FFXV and KH3? these two games are the real deal

#30 Edited by PyratRum (557 posts) -

FFXII IZJS HD or bust.

#31 Edited by PyratRum (557 posts) -

I bought the best available version of FFVII for $4.07 the other day.

Actually, many fans agree that the Steam version is the worst of the bunch.

#32 Posted by bbkkristian (14779 posts) -

FFVII HD Remake? I laughed, Square doesn't have the intelligence for that.

Lightning Collection? The point I made above has just been proven.

#33 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2158 posts) -

Why the hell would anyone want to buy those turds again?(FF7 is the only exception here)

#34 Posted by f50p90 (3752 posts) -

I'm gonna say FFVII is fake since its something people actually want and square hasn't done that in eons

#35 Edited by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

Are they releasing the FFXIII collection so we can burn it with fire?

#36 Edited by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I bought the best available version of FFVII for $4.07 the other day.

Actually, many fans agree that the Steam version is the worst of the bunch.

agreed, the sound somehow is worse than the psx version and the fact that some characters and items are rendered at high resolution contrasts very bad with the really outdated backgrounds, i'd rather play it with a psx emulator.

#37 Posted by Ballroompirate (21787 posts) -

All I care about is FF Type 0 atm, the whole FF7 HD/remake rumor has been around since the PS2 days.

#38 Edited by Junsei (689 posts) -

hmm well seeing that before crisis was a cell phone game that never came out in English i highly doubt this is true. even tho the 3rd birthday was also a cell phone game later turned into a psp title i guess this collection has a chance but its not real and it dosent make any sense. the fact that it says FFVII AC complete in HD is a sign of falseness. right now i dont think SE has the time to completely remake a cell phone game and a ps1 title unless its actually the pc version with mods and lets face it..... dirge of cerberus. not even the hardcore FFVII fans can support that game.

oh yea this is not really complete due to the lost chapters of dirge of cerberus that was also a cell phone title. so yea....... this is fake

#39 Edited by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

All I care about is FF Type 0 atm, the whole FF7 HD/remake rumor has been around since the PS2 days.

well it's an hd release, not a remake per se so it's very possible.

#40 Posted by foxhound_fox (86987 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I bought the best available version of FFVII for $4.07 the other day.

Actually, many fans agree that the Steam version is the worst of the bunch.

Some do, some don't. I've read mixed opinions about it. Those that don't just have problems with the secondary DRM of signing up for a S-E account. You can still play offline after doing the one-time signup. It's fully compatible with all the PC mods (which make it the best version) and comes with Steam achievements.

It's impossible to argue with $4.07 when an original PS copy runs $30-40. Single discs average around $10. And these are online auctions on eBay. Brick and mortar used stores, last I saw was $80 a few months ago for a greatest hits green label.

Even if this HD collection is a thing, it'll be $30 minimum for two games. S-E is charging $15 for the PC version of FFIII on Steam. Chances are, with people paying upwards of $50-60 for "Definitive Editions", I bet this'll come out in that range.

Again. I spent $4 on it. I wasn't going to argue with "best or worst" at that price level.

#41 Posted by edwardecl (1816 posts) -

FF7 - 10 are the last good one's I've played (game play, don't give a shit about story, Japanese shit don't make any sense to me anyway)

#42 Edited by Telekill (4238 posts) -

So, would the FF7 HD collection just be an HD version of the PS1 game or a complete overall like Resident Evil Remake was? Also, as FF7 is one game, why is the word "collection" being used?

#43 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28312 posts) -

lol its insane how horrible square enix is now, We'll take a look just at their pc offerings.
Steam sale had ff8 and 7 for like 4 bucks I had a few bucks in my steam wallet from selling off summer cards so I went ahead and grabbed both....Without the update ff7 is insanely bad looking with a small upgrade to character polygons the music is complete shit its MIDI *they updated it finally with the cd quality sound of the ps1 original but not before a user made patch allowed you to put high quality OGG rips of the ps1 original music in, or you could put in the ff7 remasters you can find on youtube* ff8 is even worse the static backgrounds look horrible, and people often have problems with the Cinematic's skipping.

Not only that you are FORCED to sign up for the square enix service just to play these single player only games that were released 15 years ago....

#44 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28312 posts) -
@Telekill said:

So, would the FF7 HD collection just be an HD version of the PS1 game or a complete overall like Resident Evil Remake was? Also, as FF7 is one game, why is the word "collection" being used?

I would assume If this rumor is true *I doubt it, the picture looks eerily like the last picture of a supposed ff7 remake announcement and I doubt Microsoft wouldn't pump money to get this game as well since Square enix is no longer owned in any part by Sony* that since there are so many games in the compilation that they would decide on a standard engine and make all the games on that engine.

#45 Edited by silversix_ (13666 posts) -

FF13 in HD? hahah Square is going full r*tard.

#46 Edited by lundy86_4 (42687 posts) -

I'm thinking it's probably fake.

@Telekill said:

So, would the FF7 HD collection just be an HD version of the PS1 game or a complete overall like Resident Evil Remake was? Also, as FF7 is one game, why is the word "collection" being used?

It would likely include the FF7 spinoffs, such as Crisis Core.

#48 Posted by SolidTy (41599 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

@foxhound_fox said:

I bought the best available version of FFVII for $4.07 the other day.

Actually, many fans agree that the Steam version is the worst of the bunch.

#49 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24342 posts) -

If this is true then the only game that's not going to be in HD will be Final Fantasy VII.

Fans have been asking for a Remaster for YEARS and Square just isn't going to deliver.

#50 Posted by wolverine4262 (18816 posts) -

How is it a collection if its just one game?