RUMOR: AC: Unity & Comet (two gens = two games)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Zassimick (6223 posts) -

Assassin's Creed Unity may be one of two Assassin's Creed games releasing this fall. Unity, according to Kotaku, will release on Xbox One and PS4, and is set at least partially in 18th century Paris. The other, codenamed Comet, will release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Early screenshots obtained by Kotaku showcase Parisian locales such as Notre Dame and the Seine River, as well as a new male assassin adorned in a black uniform, brandishing a rapier, and holstering at least one pistol. Also notable is the button interface, which introduces a new "parkour up" and "parkour down" navigation system.

Mitch Dyer, IGN

= = = = =

Many agree that Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag was a terrific game while Assassin's Creed 3 was more of a disappointment. Do you think Ubisoft can release two different titles, each for a different generation of consoles, and retain the quality of their latest release? Or will one or both flounder?

Also, for those who aren't tired of the yearly release yet and still enjoy them some Assassin's Creed, will you be picking up both titles or will you go exclusively with one (if the rumor is true, of course).

Source: IGN

#2 Posted by charizard1605 (55299 posts) -

I'll have one of each, please.

#3 Edited by IgGy621985 (4598 posts) -

I lost interest for AC games after Black Flag. Not because it was bad, but because it was damn great in contrast to other AC titles.

So currently I want to see that "pirate" game Ubisoft asked fans if they want it.

#4 Posted by Blabadon (25609 posts) -

Hope the Vita gets another one to compensate for the absolute piece of shit that was Liberation

#5 Posted by bobbetybob (19110 posts) -

Can they actually make a fun campaign this time, instead of a world full of side missions.

#6 Edited by Zassimick (6223 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

Hope the Vita gets another one to compensate for the absolute piece of shit that was Liberation

Game-breaking bug kept me from finishing the game. It essentially wouldn't load the save and you'd just run around as Aveline in the Animus loading screen. By that point I was too far in to care to restart, and I wasn't exactly enjoying the experience anyways so I was done with that.

#7 Edited by princeofshapeir (13628 posts) -

An AC game set in 18th century Paris (presumably during or around the time of the French Revolution) is what I've always wanted. And next-gen (or current-gen, whatever) to boot? Sign me up.

#8 Posted by bbkkristian (14888 posts) -

Do these have anything to do with the Unity development tool?

#9 Posted by Vatusus (4337 posts) -

French Revolution would be AWESOME. Severed heads ftw

#10 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

It's almost like Ubi wants to run this series down to the ground to make way for their new IPs for the gen....

In less than a year we've had: AC4, AC: Liberations HD, the AC:Pirates iPad game/thingy and a physical board game as well...

#11 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

What a surprise lol

can we have better combat now?

#12 Edited by Zassimick (6223 posts) -

Can they actually make a fun campaign this time, instead of a world full of side missions.

It was my biggest problem with AC4; always wanting to go do the main quest but, oh look, an island over yonder with a few more collectables! I should just stay on course but... maybe...

Started getting tiring and would be okay with a more focused game this time. :P

#13 Posted by IgGy621985 (4598 posts) -

Do these have anything to do with the Unity development tool?

Nah. Unity is just a codename for the title.

#14 Edited by bobbetybob (19110 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:

It was my biggest problem with AC4; always wanting to go do the main quest but, oh look, an island over yonder with a few more collectables! I should just stay on course but... maybe...

I was the same, I got distracted for a long time and then when I started the main quest I just ended up going "oh, this is actually really boring and I feel like I'm doing side missions with a bit of story in between".

That didn't happen with say, Far Cry 3 which to me is still the best AC style game Ubisoft have made. I messed around for hours, went to the story and hey, guess what, there's loads of variety and interesting set pieces.

#15 Posted by cainetao11 (16446 posts) -

Funny how I miss games. I have all on my PSN account except 4. But I've only played up to Brotherhood. I just get interested in other games I guess.

#16 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11467 posts) -

#17 Edited by uninspiredcup (7516 posts) -
Shocking.

#18 Posted by Couth_ (9973 posts) -

AC4 was great because it was about pirates. This is going back to the same ol same.. Recipe for failure.

Uncharted 4 is now PRIMED for the pirate throne

#19 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6795 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

@bobbetybob said:

I was the same, I got distracted for a long time and then when I started the main quest I just ended up going "oh, this is actually really boring and I feel like I'm doing side missions with a bit of story in between".

That didn't happen with say, Far Cry 3 which to me is still the best AC style game Ubisoft have made. I messed around for hours, went to the story and hey, guess what, there's loads of variety and interesting set pieces.

Same here. Most people seemed to love AC4, though, so I would imagine that both of these games will be more of the same.

#20 Posted by madskills6117 (4021 posts) -

Just got back from trading in AC4 at game stop ($34) which I used towards infamous: ss. The game mechanics weren't bad but it was just overly boring imo. I started to dread the boat sections the most.

#21 Posted by sailor232 (4346 posts) -

I love AC4, but I don't see myself buying another AC game for a while. I don't think they can top AC4 any time soon.

#22 Posted by Speak_Low (841 posts) -

lol - no surprise that another console isn't on the list:

Assassin's Creed Unity may be one of two Assassin's Creed games releasing this fall. Unity, according to Kotaku, will release on Xbox One and PS4, and is set at least partially in 18th century Paris. The other, codenamed Comet, will release on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

#23 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8690 posts) -

I enjoyed both Assassin's Creed II and IV for emersive purposes, but they really have to start thinking about improving both combat and stealth. I honestly think they need to enforce stealth a little more/ make it a better option. Right now the Batman Arkham series is wiping the floor with AC in both respects.

#24 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6005 posts) -

@Zassimick: God damn it.

I read the title and hoped that AC in this case meant Armored Core(I mean, "Unity" and "Comet" sound like Armored Core subtitles, right?). Not because I like Armored Core(I don't), but rather because I'm sick to death of Assassin's fuckin' Creed!