Rollercoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile Review

#1 Posted by uninspiredcup (7865 posts) -
#2 Posted by gameofthering (10138 posts) -

One of the peoples comments are how I feel about it and most other mobile games.

#3 Edited by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

No mobile game is a winner. I had a family friend talking to me today asking if we'd like to come over to play some sort of card game, and as she was explaining the rules it sounded so damn boring. So after she finished I threw in as a joke "don't you have an Xbox?".

I couldn't believe the response I got from her, after she finished laughing at the joke she went on to say "Oh no, I love gaming too, I love playing games because I do so on my phone". I had to really hold back before I went all defence-mode lol. Mobile is not gaming to me, not in the slightest.

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (7865 posts) -

Not inherently against tablet/mobile gaming. Baldurs Gate was pretty good. The Shogun 2 game was also pretty fun. As we know, the bussiness model is not. It pretty much amounts to scam artists preying on ignorance. They all know dam well what they are up too.

EA's response with Dungeon Keeper in particular was a new level of arrogance and self imposed ignorance that encapsulated pretty well why everyone thinks they are a bunch of cunts.

#5 Edited by super600 (30320 posts) -

I knew that game was going to get a really low score when I opened this thread.

#6 Posted by clyde46 (45090 posts) -

#7 Edited by KungfuKitten (20864 posts) -

Handhelds are dooooomed!

This shit should be illegal...
Or at least, consumers should be protected against these practices.
Whales are a protected species too?

Don't they dare speak about piracy or second hand trade ruining sales when they pull crap like this...

#8 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16299 posts) -

Someone said that the 3DS RCT game was horrible and that Atari couldn't make a worse game if they tried.

Atari took that bet...

@KungfuKitten said:

Handhelds are dooooomed!

This shit should be illegal...

I agree, I don't get how this sort of business model is still alive. I mean, do people actually buy into this ?

Why is this shit allowed ? Making a game cost money and then bugging people for more money. Either that or they have to wait for the attractions to build. These games aren't designed around offering people fun, instead, they are designed around sucking the most money out of people.

Absolutely disgusting business practice.

#9 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16299 posts) -

@super600 said:

I knew that game was going to get a really low score when I opened this thread.

I knew the game was going to get really low scores from the moment I saw the reveal trailer.

#11 Edited by IgGy621985 (4632 posts) -

This game is an insult to the brilliant franchise, and the upcoming PC version will be too, surely.

#12 Edited by Gamerno66666 (161 posts) -

Are we still talking about this abomination?

#13 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4542 posts) -

I heard Rollercoaster Tycoon for PC will be totally different. Will it ?

#14 Posted by coasterguy65 (5881 posts) -

No interest in a mobile version of RCT4. Now if they come to their senses and make a real version for the PC, I'll be there day 1.

#15 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34144 posts) -

This is saddening. I adored roller coaster Tycoon 2 and played it so much back in the day. :(

#16 Posted by Heil68 (43490 posts) -

This game is an insult to the brilliant franchise, and the upcoming PC version will be too, surely.

You're probably right.

#17 Posted by RoccoHout (980 posts) -

Krustyland in Simpsons Tapped Out is probably better than the whole game :D

#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (7865 posts) -

I wasn't even aware Atari still existed. Thought they went bust ages ago.

#19 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

LOL mobile games. why is there even a market for these "games".

#20 Posted by IgGy621985 (4632 posts) -

I wasn't even aware Atari still existed. Thought they went bust ages ago.

Hardcore and older gamer as yourself should be aware they continued to exist as publishing company.

#21 Posted by lostrib (34657 posts) -
#22 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -
#23 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6974 posts) -

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

#24 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3485 posts) -

Fuck these kinds of games.

#25 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

To think this is the shit thats eating away at the dedicated handheld market