Rocksteady's New Batman Game Leaked?

• 56 results
#1 Edited by charizard1605 (54495 posts) -

A next gen Batman game by Rocksteady? Yes please!

#2 Posted by hiphops_savior (7688 posts) -

Ever heard of trapped in its legacy?

This is Rocksteady's predicament. They will never released another Arkham City, and I don't want them to try. This is the problem Zelda faced, and one I think Mario is in right now. Releasing one of the greatest games of all time is the worst thing to ever happen to your studio.

#3 Posted by sts106mat (18782 posts) -

Nice find dude. i am in, but i believe it needs to bring something more this time. this time i want the full Gotham city and my batwing and batmobile... oh and joker and riddler too please

#4 Posted by Zassimick (6165 posts) -

WOOOOO!!!

This is Rocksteady's predicament.

Yeah, I don't see them making a Batman game that will surpass Arkham City. Would love for them to try but if they release a new Batman game it will seem they are trapped; would love for them to take another established IP (TMNT was the rumor once) or even a Justice League or Superman game.

Or it would be cool to see them create their own IP so they could have freedom in what they wanted. I feel Retro would do great here as well. But maybe the established IP helps these studios.

#5 Posted by IgGy621985 (4572 posts) -

"Leaked"

#6 Posted by Renegade_Fury (16956 posts) -

Still waiting on "Arkham Beyond," but I'm sure whatever this one is will still be great.

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (54495 posts) -

What did you guys think of Arkham Origins?

#8 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

Still waiting on "Arkham Beyond," but I'm sure whatever this one is will still be great.

But terry wasn't very good at fighting.

#9 Edited by charizard1605 (54495 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

Which would probably lead to the combat system having more depth than it currently does.

#10 Edited by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

Which would probably lead to the combat system having more depth than it currently does.

I suppose.... but it might also turn the game into a huge gadget fest.

#11 Edited by charizard1605 (54495 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@charizard1605 said:

@Joedgabe said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

I suppose.... but it might also turn the game into a huge gadget fest.

Theoretically, that could be cool, and give it a very Zelda feel, where you need to use specific items, er, gadgets, to tackle specific kinds of obstacles, both, environmental and combative.

#12 Edited by Renegade_Fury (16956 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

The Batsuit made up for it by enhancing his strength and agility. He does train and gets buff later though.

#13 Posted by Zassimick (6165 posts) -

I enjoyed the game a lot. It followed the norm of the Arkham franchise in mechanics which made it great. Better boss battles, solid combat and a decent story brought it all together for a fun game. It was the weakest of the three though, easily.

I also wanted to say that I hate that Black Mask ended up not being the focus. It ended up being another Joker story which we didn't need. Joker is a fantastic villain and the arch-nemesis of Batman but his importance is overplayed. This game would have been fine without Joker being shoehorned in, and it's disappointing we didn't see more of the crime bosses that Batman faces in his first year rather than all the super-powered freaks.

#14 Posted by sts106mat (18782 posts) -

I liked arkham origins despite getting the corrupt save bug

. Was not a fan of the trials and how they had to be done in a specific order. i still think asylum wad the best game as great as city was, it lacked the focus on story that asylum had. you had a little too much freedom in city despite the whole story be about a huge ticking timebomb.

origins was more story focused again but it was buggy and the hit x to win gauntlets etc...lol just no

#15 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16128 posts) -

A next gen Batman game by Rocksteady? Yes please!

Jesus Christ !!!! Look at those graphics.

It looks so real O_O

#16 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Rocksteady... next gen... Batman...

I came.

#17 Posted by Animal-Mother (26231 posts) -

Somebody has been browsing reddit.

#18 Posted by charizard1605 (54495 posts) -
#19 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16443 posts) -

Honestly, I can only see their games being considered good from here on in. Arkham City was such a huge improvement over Asylum that I can't see very much else to be done with the series. Isn't that the problem Origins faced? The biggest criticism is that nothing really new was added.

#20 Edited by l-lord (834 posts) -

Screw the Batman. There was enough of Batman in Arkham City. Its time to move on.

Rocksteady either make a Watchmen game,a game about some Marvel characters.or they are sold out

I am sure them making a Watchmen game would be the best idea.

How come no body else mentioned of wishing Rocksteady to make a Watchmen game?

#21 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24326 posts) -

This is Rocksteady's predicament. They will never released another Arkham City, and I don't want them to try. This is the problem Zelda faced, and one I think Mario is in right now. Releasing one of the greatest games of all time is the worst thing to ever happen to your studio.

It's actually what Retro Studios is currently going through.

People are asking for another Retro Studio Metroid Prime than going for Retro's Donkey Kong Games.

#22 Edited by gameofthering (9983 posts) -

I'd like a Batman Beyond. Just for a wee change.

#23 Posted by cainetao11 (15952 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I enjoyed the game a lot. It followed the norm of the Arkham franchise in mechanics which made it great. Better boss battles, solid combat and a decent story brought it all together for a fun game. It was the weakest of the three though, easily.

I also wanted to say that I hate that Black Mask ended up not being the focus. It ended up being another Joker story which we didn't need. Joker is a fantastic villain and the arch-nemesis of Batman but his importance is overplayed. This game would have been fine without Joker being shoehorned in, and it's disappointing we didn't see more of the crime bosses that Batman faces in his first year rather than all the super-powered freaks.

Agreed. He has a large stable of villains. Use them. Its not always the same master mind.

#24 Posted by lamprey263 (22460 posts) -

I still haven't play Arkham Origins yet, loved Arkham Asylum but didn't much care for Arkham City.

#25 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3018 posts) -

This needs a reboot more than anything else:

#26 Posted by Ballroompirate (21748 posts) -

Mmmm would love to have a Green Arrow game by Rocksteady :3

#27 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38168 posts) -

Weren't they rumoured to be doing another Batman game not related to Arkham anyway? Like a silver age Batman or something?

Anyway looking forward to seeing it. Something other than Batman would have been nice but hey, they make good Batman

#28 Posted by FreshPrinceUk (673 posts) -

Why don't they try to work on a new IP?

I hate these safe options, Rocksteady should step away from batman and show what they are really made of.

#29 Edited by osan0 (12551 posts) -

aww i hope not.

i was hoping rocksteady were working on a superman game this time for the current gens.

we havent had a proper superman game. bloody hard to do mind but then who would of thought someone would actually make a great batman game....twice.

#30 Edited by vincent380 (2237 posts) -

I would love a new batman theres a lot of things that can be done that they haven't been done yet. Example we have yet to ride into the batmobile which is something I've been wanting since the first game.

#31 Posted by Sushiglutton (5173 posts) -

I think Rocksteady are too good to be stuck making the same game since like what 2007? I mean they invented a combat system that pretty much everyon in the action-adventure genre are inspired by. They should be allowed to work on something different so that they could keep build innovative gameplay. An Arrow, Flash, or Superman game would have challenge them and it would have been cool to see what they would have come up with.

#32 Posted by padaporra (3368 posts) -

Hopefully it will feature the Justice League. I loved the Arkham Games (Origins included), but I really want to see Rocksteady talent being use to bring other heroes to life in a videogame.

#33 Edited by princeofshapeir (13605 posts) -

@hiphops_savior:

Neither Zelda nor Mario are "trapped in its legacy." Many would argue that Zeldas since Ocarina of Time have surpassed it, and almost everyone agrees Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best 3D Mario. Resident Evil is a much better example: RE4 was the pinnacle of the series, and no Resident Evils since have come close.

Arkham Origins was not a Rocksteady Batman game, so you can forget it ever happened as far as Rocksteady's legacy is concerned. Their Batman game will be the true successor to Arkham City.

#34 Posted by IgGy621985 (4572 posts) -

@l-lord said:

Screw the Batman. There was enough of Batman in Arkham City. Its time to move on.

Rocksteady either make a Watchmen game,a game about some Marvel characters.or they are sold out

I am sure them making a Watchmen game would be the best idea.

How come no body else mentioned of wishing Rocksteady to make a Watchmen game?

Batman is a better franchise, and more commercially viable.

I can see a Watchmen game only as an action RPG. Everything else would be crap.

#35 Edited by Pikminmaniac (8597 posts) -

I suppose if they are making another Batman, the question is if they can possibly top Arkham City. It seems extremely unlikely. I love Rocksteady, but that's my greatest fear for them.I would have been more interested in a new franchise from them.

I liken Rocksteady to the studio I admire most in this industry :Retro Studios. They surprised everyone with how good their batman games were much like how Retro surprised everyone with the Prime games. Both show incredible care for their source material and an attention to detail few ever go in to. Now retro have proven themselves with a second franchise with DK. I want to know if Rocksteady could do the same.

#36 Edited by AznbkdX (3116 posts) -

Not a fan of this annualization of Batman if this is coming out this year. As long as it's good though I guess...

#37 Posted by manhunter212 (8 posts) -

Tired of Batman, bring on Superman

#38 Posted by Phazevariance (10908 posts) -

I'd like to see them make the game a LOT bigger with much more detail. The buildings and streets all felt crampy in both city and origins, and it was never large enough to warrant using the batmobile or batwing. Makign it large though would only be worth it if they kept up detail of buildings you can enter and such. I dunno, that with a new story might be better than AC

#39 Edited by Big_Pecks (5193 posts) -

They need to move on. They've created some good gameplay and relatively interesting open worlds. Bring this to something else.

#40 Edited by jsmoke03 (12510 posts) -

its still in its shrink wrap but it irks me that the studio that made it isnt willing to fix its bugs.

#41 Posted by edwardecl (1799 posts) -

Tired of Batman, bring on Superman

Oh yeah, Superman64 remake plz plz plz I love the rings.

#42 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10893 posts) -

Am I the only one that finds the most interesting thing here to be the fact that it only says "Batman" No subtitle, nothing. But its the same style as the Arkham games. Are they planning on dropping the "Arkham" series? Or simply just don't have the name yet? Seems strange to release promotional materials like that to me.

#43 Posted by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

Sounds boring. They made Arkham Asylum. That's the talent and creativity this studio possesses. Don't just have them fart out a bunch of sequels.

#44 Posted by manhunter212 (8 posts) -

@McStrongfast: I think it's time they moved onto something else. The games were great but the Arkham formula is stale.

#45 Edited by hiphops_savior (7688 posts) -

@princeofshapeir: In a sense, there have been Zeldas that have surpassed Ocarina of Time. Yet, the fans still complain no matter what.

When Super Mario 3d World was announced, people complained that it wasn't Super Mario Galaxy 3.

Fans crucified Kojima for even contemplating of moving on from Metal Gear.

That is what being trapped in a legacy is. We expect more greatness without realizing that when a studio releases their Magnum Opus, they will never reach that height again.

#46 Posted by Telekill (4235 posts) -

I'm board with the Batman games.

#47 Posted by Ballroompirate (21748 posts) -

I'm willing to bet it's the console version of Blackgate.

#48 Edited by Epak_ (6763 posts) -

No more Batman, please!

#49 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69134 posts) -

i am really looking forward to their next game

#50 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12187 posts) -

I'd love for other members of the Justice League appear in a future game. I'm really curious to see Rocksteady's take on characters like Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash and Green Lantern, and how they all interact with Batman and one another in Rocksteady's dark, gritty Arkhamverse.