Rockstar Teases Red Dead 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Aewsomenessss, didn't see a thread on this so if already posted, sue me and lock it tehe.... but the second RD2 gets announced, it will nearly top my list as most wanted.

For SW purposes, will R* offer PC gamers a RDR / RD2 package and get them into the game? If not, then is it a forgone conclusion X1 will be the.... definitive version or perhaps that title reserved for the Wii U :o :P

Anyway, thoughts?

The Story.

----

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rockstar-teases-red-dead-2-explains-gta-5-heist-de/1100-6424277/

Rockstar Teases Red Dead 2, Explains GTA 5 Heist Delay, Defends MicrotransactionsDeveloper tackles a number of hot issues as part of latest Asked & Answered feature.by Eddie Makuch on December 17, 2014The evidence for Red Dead Redemption 2 continues to mount. The latest tease came today as part of Rockstar Games' "Asked & Answered" feature, wherein the developer said it is happy to see continued excitement over its Western franchise years after its release. Though the company isn't ready yet to officially talk about a sequel, the developer told fans to "stay tuned" in 2015 for potential news.

"As we've mentioned when asked in the past about new games in other series such as Red Dead Redemption, Bully, and L.A. Noire, we don't always rush to make sequels, but that does not mean we won't get to them eventually," Rockstar said. "We have so many games we want to make and the issue is always one of bandwidth and timing. We thank longtime fans such as yourselves as always for your amazing support and please stay tuned in 2015 for announcements of what's to come from Rockstar Games."

That Rockstar Games would make a sequel to 2010's Red Dead Redemption wouldn't come as much of a surprise. After all, the game sold 13 million copies. On top of that, Rockstar parent company Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick has previously referred to the Red Dead Redemption series as a "permanent" one, similar to James Bond and Grand Theft Auto.

Rockstar San Diego, the developer of the original Red Dead Redemption, currently has a whopping 35 open positions, suggesting the developer is working on something big.

Might the rumored Red Dead Redemption sequel follow Grand Theft Auto V and introduce a first-person mode? Rockstar didn't say one way or the other, but stressed that it remains "committed" to third-person games.

"We are excited by the response to our first effort at a first-person experience, but remain committed to third person games and may or may not use first person as a camera option in the future," Rockstar said. "We do like to, whenever possible, give people options so they can play a game the way they like."

GTA V's first-person mode is available only on Xbox One and PlayStation 4--and will be introduced on PC when that version launches next month.

Rockstar's latest Asked & Answered feature is a great read, tackling a number of interesting topics. We've rounded up some of the most interesting answers below.

Why GTA V's First-Person Mode Isn't Available On Xbox 360/PS3:

"First-person mode is a new feature that is only technically possible for us to add to the game with the expanded memory that the new generation platforms provide. There are thousands of new animations added to the game to facilitate first-person mode, which would have been impossible to do on the previous generation of consoles without seriously compromising the game in some other capacity."

On Why GTA Online Offers Microtransactions:

"The reason we included optional in-game currency in Grand Theft Auto Online, rather than directly selling DLC, was because it was the only way that we could distribute DLC without dividing the player base each time we brought out a new content pack, which would destroy the online community very quickly by splitting players up. Thanks to Shark Cards, we have been able to give away every piece of DLC so far for free in order to keep the community whole and give people options as to whether they want to earn new content by playing the game, buy new content with Shark Cards or simply don't get new content and still keep playing the game."

Why GTA Online Heists Are Taking So Long:

"Heists were a much bigger challenge to create than we had originally anticipated. Early versions were simply not good enough and had to be scrapped more than once as we honed in on how we thought they should work. We're happy to say that the pack we are now finalizing is something we are excited by and eager to release as soon as it is ready. We, as a company, have always been about trying to make something that is good rather than hitting a date. We apologize when this gets frustrating but firmly believe that rushing out second-rate content does not do anyone any favors. Hopefully you agree that yesterday’s new Trailer is a sign that Heists are shaping up nicely, but we still need some time to fine tune them. Because we need a little time to get Heists right, we are going to give you a small Christmas gift to keep you entertained until we are done with them."

How Is The PC Version Of GTA V Shaping Up?:

"We're presently in the final stages of development on the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V and hope to have confirmed official system requirements to share soon here at the Newswire, please stay tuned for that to be announced in the coming week. Thank you and we're very excited to bring GTAV to the PC gaming community."

Why GTA Online Does Not Support Cross-Platform Play:

"We absolutely love being able to push the boundaries of what can be done in a dynamic online world like GTA Online, but certain things are not technically possible right now and this is one of them. Unfortunately, there is no technical way that we could enable players to play in the same lobby with one another across different types or generations of game consoles. It is also impossible to enable PC players to join console-based lobbies."

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Wouldn't mind a Red Dead 2 (well, 3 since it would the 3rd game in the series), but a Bully 2 would be far more awesome IMO.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice

@Desmonic said:

Wouldn't mind a Red Dead 2 (well, 3 since it would the 3rd game in the series), but a Bully 2 would be far more awesome IMO.

Yeah I had a double take as well since it seems like RD3 would almost be more fitting. Can't say I ever got into Bully too much but really only tried it on somebodies console and never bought the game myself.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Just the usual teasing.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Hermits better start their begging in good time...:D

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Screw Red Dead Redemption 2, I want BULLY II Rockstar!!!!!!!!!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I would like that. I thought last game was brilliant.

Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts

I still don't know why people liked RDR so much. The setting was cool, I'll admit that. But the gameplay was pretty much just like GTA in the wild west and the story was a bore.
"So, hey, you wanna take revenge on your old gang? First, help me win this race!"
- "I really don't want to, I just wanna kill those guys."
"Pretty please?"
- ".... *sigh* ok"

I never finished the campaign, because just like Marston, I felt that all he did was stupid favors which distracted him from his original goal.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SecretPolice

@Nightflash28 said:

I still don't know why people liked RDR so much. The setting was cool, I'll admit that. But the gameplay was pretty much just like GTA in the wild west and the story was a bore.

"So, hey, you wanna take revenge on your old gang? First, help me win this race!"

- "I really don't want to, I just wanna kill those guys."

"Pretty please?"

- ".... *sigh* ok"

I never finished the campaign, because just like Marston, I felt that all he did was stupid favors which distracted him from his original goal.

It was a masterpiece in terms of creating that epic look & feel of an old time western movie that really hasn't been ever tried too often and I loved it the first time through but will say, I was very surprised on my second time through I got a bit bored with it pretty early on and stopped playing it since then.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Manhunt on gen 8 will also be great, well anyway i don't care if it's Red Dead 3 or Bully 2. it will be awesome anyway

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

RDR is one of the most boring and repetitive game I have ever played. I like story, music and setting buy, like gta IV almost all the missions felt the same. I really hope the game is going to be more than shoot x amount of people or else I'm not getting it.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Nice, my favorite open world action sandbox game

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@aroxx_ab: R* SD don't make PC games.....

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Red Dead 3 will join the ranks of Half Life 3 and that game with the pig and the girl or whatever.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

Red Dead 3 will join the ranks of Half Life 3 and that game with the pig and the girl or whatever.

No, RD3 was more chance than R*'s other game, The Agent of ever being released.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

about time. now its bethesda's turn with their fallout

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

ROCKSTAR ROCKS. CAN"T WAIT FOR RED DEAD 2 :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Hell freaking yeahhhhhhhhhhh....

I want fishing to this time to Rockstart...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SecretPolice

@tormentos said:

Dude, I was hoping for the same thing, I thought for certain seeing that there's tons of water on the RDR map that fishing would be in a DLC but sadly, it never happened though I've brought the subject up in SW before, I get the feeling we're in the minority wanting a fishing mini game in Red Deads.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

I really liked RDR, but im with some of you guys, the game was boring at some points, personally i would prefrer Manhunt 3, but if they make RD3, i just hope they make the game more fun to play because the setting and the feeling was awesome.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

Yeah...what an incredible single player, and multiplayer experience. I have very high expectations of RD2. I was enamored by the first one a few years back, though at the time I was pissed about playing on 360 (the visual mess!) because I'm pc 99% of the time. My last 2 games played on console? RDR and GTA5. Rockstar is always welcome to take my money!

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

RDR was one game I had been waiting for someone to make for decades ever since I thought about the potential of video games and first saw A Few Dollars More. And they aced it. It was easily one of my favourite games of all time and Rockstar are the right people to improve on it with new technology and an evolved formula.

I'm looking forward to this. Kids get Christmas. Adults get Rockstar release day.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Hermits better start their begging in good time...:D

Looks like your last console exclusive FFXV is also coming to PC. Better start sending death threats to devs, LEL.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:

Screw Red Dead Redemption 2, I want BULLY II Rockstar!!!!!!!!!

Lol yeah that'd be pretty cool. But RDR 2 would be pretty epic!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@da_illest101 said:

RDR is one of the most boring and repetitive game I have ever played. I like story, music and setting buy, like gta IV almost all the missions felt the same. I really hope the game is going to be more than shoot x amount of people or else I'm not getting it.

This.

The only game I traded back last gen

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@tormentos said:

Dude, I was hoping for the same thing, I thought for certain seeing that there's tons of water on the RDR map that fishing would be in a DLC but sadly, it never happened though I've brought the subject up in SW before, I get the feeling we're in the minority wanting a fishing mini game in Red Deads.

Yeah for a game were people live off the land fishing is a most i say,and since they introduce so much in GTA5 i think fishing should be in order...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#27  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

I'd be down for a sequel.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Pretty sure ps4 will be best version if no pc version. Xbone can't even compete in a last gen gta game.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

Red dead redemption was awesome! More of that plz Rockstar k thx bye!

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

I always thought RDR was incredibly overrated.

It was GTAIV, but more boring given the setting.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Yea I would take a bully 2 as well. It was a nice change up from the usal rockstar stuff.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@papatrop said:

I always thought RDR was incredibly overrated.

It was GTAIV, but more boring given the setting.

IMO gta4 was boring from start to finish. Hell the only reason I beat it was cause I bought it. RDR characters and story had me more invested and that ending was great.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

YAY.... GTA with horses.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

How Is The PC Version Of GTA V Shaping Up?:

"We're presently in the final stages of development on the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V and hope to have confirmed official system requirements to share soon here at the Newswire, please stay tuned for that to be announced in the coming week. Thank you and we're very excited to bring GTAV to the PC gaming community."

Hoping this is another PC version like Max Payne 3, which ran brilliantly. And not a stinker like GTA IV.

OT: We all know RDR 3 is coming, the sooner they show it the better :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice

@getyeryayasout said:

Sounds good to me! I'm just happy that it's a new game in the series being teased and not a Red Dead Redemption 1080p remake.

Oh wow, great thought I hadn't considered and you're sooo right man and yeah, enough remakes this early in the gen and hearing news of a RDR remake would suck compared to this teaser about an RD3. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Imo the larger the GTA games get the worse the actual games get.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I really enjoyed RDR when I played it (I love the western setting), but after I spent around 40 hours 100%ing my file I could never bring myself to pop the game back into my PS3. I actually ended up preferring Black Flag and Just Cause 2 for my open world fix from last gen. They just had more interesting mechanics and more interesting worlds.

I also enjoyed both inFAMOUS games more as well.While the open world isn't very interesting, I think inFAMOUS actually makes good use of the open world setting, because the way you utilize your surroundings in a combat situation is really important.

I'll still probably play a new Red Dead if they make it though.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

day one.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points