rock band for the ps3 compared to 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts

any differences? i played it for the 360 but i'd get it for ps3 just so I don't have to deal with the stupid usb 4 way link adapter.

i also noticed that the bass pedal sucks ass but I guess it's the same for the ps3 right?

does xbl get exclusive songs as opposed to psn? other than that pretty much the same right?

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

the guitars are different, but besides that everything else is pretty much the same (songs, DLC, etc)

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
Couldnt go wrong with either version.
StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 StringGuard
Member since 2008 • 619 Posts

360 currently has the edge with the available chat feature through Live. Currently you cannot chat with your friends over PSN while in Rock Band. Well, you can, but back at the menu well before you get together to make song selections. And it sucks.

Buuuut, within a few months here, PS3 will have the in-game XMB feature added where chatting during any game will be available. Just a matter of time. At that point, whenever that is, the 360 edge will be gone.

-theCHUD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -theCHUD-
Member since 2008 • 1648 Posts
different how, i really like the guitar for rockband actually but i cant see how different it may be from ps3 to 360
StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StringGuard

different how, i really like the guitar for rockband actually but i cant see how different it may be from ps3 to 360-theCHUD-

Pretty sure the guitars are the same. I think both are wireless. I know the PS3 one is. Any 360 owners that can confirm?

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

[QUOTE="-theCHUD-"]different how, i really like the guitar for rockband actually but i cant see how different it may be from ps3 to 360StringGuard

Pretty sure the guitars are the same. I think both are wireless. I know the PS3 one is. Any 360 owners that can confirm?

Whoops, forgot about that difference too. PS3's is wireless, 360's isn't. I mainly use the guitar for GH3 to play Rockband for the 360.

StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StringGuard
[QUOTE="StringGuard"]

[QUOTE="-theCHUD-"]different how, i really like the guitar for rockband actually but i cant see how different it may be from ps3 to 360dhjohns

Whoops, forgot about that difference too. PS3's is wireless, 360's isn't. I mainly use the guitar for GH3 to play Rockband for the 360.

I thought that was the case on 360's being wired but wasn't sure and didn't want to appear as trolling.

That is a somehwat big difference depending on who you are.

You forgot about the Live chat feature as a 360 benefit, though, dhjohns.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Here are some other differences.

X360 version comes with a wired Guitar, PS3 version comes with a wireless guitar.

X360 version will work with the Guitar Hero controller, PS3 version doesn't currently because Activision is blocking it.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#10 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
Did they ever resolve that dispute over weather you can use the GH guitar with rockband on PS3? Or am I completely misremembering things.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dhjohns

Did they ever resolve that dispute over weather you can use the GH guitar with rockband on PS3? Or am I completely misremembering things.DerekLoffin

Not yet. What ticks me off also is you can't use the Rock Band guitar when playing GH 2 or 3 on the 360. Weaksauce! :evil:

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Did they ever resolve that dispute over weather you can use the GH guitar with rockband on PS3? Or am I completely misremembering things.DerekLoffin

They haven't it kind've stinks. In a week or two NYKO will have their Frontman Guitar coming out for PS3 that will work on both. Can't wait for that.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
At the end of the day the differences are so minor I don't think it really matters. It rocks on both consoles!
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
At the end of the day the differences are so minor I don't think it really matters. It rocks on both consoles!
StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StringGuard
I thought you could use the Rock Band guitar on PS3 to play GH on the PS3. No? I haven't tried it myself, just what I heard. I thought it was just the GH guitar that didn't work with Rock Band.
SegArgyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SegArgyle
Member since 2004 • 2371 Posts
360 is the only one where the guitar hero 3 guitar is compatible, letting u have a 4 man band instead of 3, which is a blast by the way
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dhjohns

I thought you could use the Rock Band guitar on PS3 to play GH on the PS3. No? I haven't tried it myself, just what I heard. I thought it was just the GH guitar that didn't work with Rock Band.StringGuard

Maybe true for PS3. I don't have either game for my PS3. I know that you can't use the RB guitar for GH. "evil:

You can use the GH guitar for RB on the 360. 4 player jam sessions are epic!!

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dhjohns

I thought you could use the Rock Band guitar on PS3 to play GH on the PS3. No? I haven't tried it myself, just what I heard. I thought it was just the GH guitar that didn't work with Rock Band.StringGuard

Maybe true for PS3. I don't have either game for my PS3. I know that you can't use the RB guitar for GH. :evil:

You can use the GH guitar for RB on the 360. 4 player jam sessions are epic!!

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

[QUOTE="-theCHUD-"]different how, i really like the guitar for rockband actually but i cant see how different it may be from ps3 to 360StringGuard

360 version is not wireless. thats what i meant by different, i should have been more specific

StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StringGuard

At the end of the day the differences are so minor I don't think it really matters. It rocks on both consoles!blue_hazy_basic

Oh....indeed.....it does ROCK!!!

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dhjohns
Twisted Sister!!!! :lol: Yessir
StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StringGuard

Twisted Sister!!!! :lol: Yessirdhjohns

Ah, I remember the music videos well. That mean dad that was in Animal House, "What are you going to do with your life?!?!"

Buuut, one of the best Twisted Sister memories was in Pee Wee's Big Adventure. During the movie studio chase.

Back on topic, Rock Band rocks.