Rock Band!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Paper_Knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Paper_Knife
Member since 2006 • 1592 Posts

Ok. so im getting "rock band" when it comes out on Nov 20th, but i dont know which system to get it for: Xbox360 or Playstation 3. First of all, i dont care about achievment points for 360 so that is not a factor ;)

The ps3 version comes with a wireless guitar while the 360 version wont

"The Xbox 360 version of the bundle will come with a wired guitar and a USB hub, while the PS3 edition includes a wireless guitar that will also work with the forthcoming PlayStation 2 version of Rock Band (set for release December 18th)." -http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/rockband/news.html?sid=6182295&tag=newlyadded;title;4

But what i really had a question on is if the ps3 version will get new songs to buy every week like the 360 version.

And it doesnt matter if my friends get it for the 360 cause i'll have all of the parts (drums, guitars, etc.) at my house, and so will they.

im not trying to be fanboyish by any means, but is there any reason for me to get it on 360 over ps3? thanx

ps. if you havnt seen gameplay videos for rockband i sugest you go over to ign and take a look.

Sir-Marwin105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sir-Marwin105
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
Do you have friends to play with? And wireless > wired.
--Magnum91--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 --Magnum91--
Member since 2006 • 494 Posts
Well, XBL is arguably better than PS3's online, so that's one reason. Other than that, the PS3 would probably be the better choice if achievements are not a factor.
mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
if i know the ps3 like has been usual for most multiplats, the framerate will somehow suck on the ps3 version, the 360 will get more downloadables, and so on.
Paper_Knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Paper_Knife

Do you have friends to play with? And wireless > wired.Sir-Marwin105

well, i saw an interview of a guy from harmonix, and he said you can do the story mode by yourelf on guitar, drums, or vocals. and yes i do.

Shake_N_Bake4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shake_N_Bake4
Member since 2007 • 674 Posts

The PS3 version will be better for you

it gets the same DLC the Xbox 360 would get, probably around the same time, and the other factors you brought, u kinda answered for yourself

drew0011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 drew0011
Member since 2003 • 505 Posts
Went to the awesome launch party for it last night. Met and spoke with many of the ladies and Gents that made it possible. the playable setups they had for the game were amazing. This really is one title that truely makes you feel like part of the band!
Paper_Knife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Paper_Knife

Went to the awesome launch party for it last night. Met and spoke with many of the ladies and Gents that made it possible. the playable setups they had for the game were amazing. This really is one title that truely makes you feel like part of the band! drew0011

thats so cool... im glad i put off on buying guitar hero 3. :D