xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

So MS bought only a One year deal for TR.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#702  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Sony exclusive deal with Eidos (former TR dev back in 1997)

In September 1997, Sony Computer Entertainment America signed a deal with Eidos to make console releases for the Tomb Raider franchise exclusive to the PlayStation, preventing the Sega Saturn or the Nintendo 64 from having any Tomb Raider game released for it until 2000, a deal that would prove very beneficial to Sony both in terms of revenue dollars and also in further cementing the PlayStation's growing reputation as the go-to system for must-have exclusive titles.

So MS is trying to use former Sony tactics. Nothing wrong with wanting to win over the competition.

Avatar image for enviouseyezonme
EnviousEyezOnMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#703 EnviousEyezOnMe
Member since 2013 • 272 Posts

@blackace said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

ooh so it is a timed exclusive? So 1 less reason to get the XB1 lol

It doesn't mean it coming to the PS4 though. It could easily just go to the PC only like DR3 and Ryse.

By the time it's released on the other platform, most gamers who have played it on XBox 360/XB1 aren't going to care. There will be some other exclusive announced by then. I remember this happening a lot for the PS3 multiplat games that hit the XBox 360 first and then got released on the PS3 6-24 months later. Hardly anyone bought any of those games.

THIS IS ALL THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID ABOUT THIS TOPIC. PEACE

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#704  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Couth_ said:

Tomb Raider is the type of game you get for $5 on a steam sale.. needs to be multiplat

Boldface is a lowblow to tr fans

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#705 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

lulz lems got owned hard like a mutha **** lol they claiming victory then all sudden womb raider is best on ps4 lol lems just gonna best test it so when it comes to ps4 we get the best coz we the best. xbone don't have real exclusives. sony wins another generation SWAG!!!

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@_SWAG_ said:

lulz lems got owned hard like a mutha **** lol they claiming victory then all sudden womb raider is best on ps4 lol lems just gonna best test it so when it comes to ps4 we get the best coz we the best. xbone don't have real exclusives. sony wins another generation SWAG!!!

Lulz not sure if serious or just doing drugs while playing the bloody awful PS4 indies.

gif fits your moronic gamespot username very well.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#707 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@Opus_Rea-333: Ironic

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@hehe101 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

So now we've established Silent Hills exists and that this is a timed exclusive, just how much of a flop of an announcement was this on a scale of 9.5-10?

silent hill? oh dear, TR seems to have more fumes than Silent hill anyway

Both are pretty knackered but Silent Hills will have a more competent staff behind it than ROTTR.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#709  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@dujubear said:

So now, it will really be UNCHARTED 4 vs. RotTR. There will be lots of comparisons and arguments about this.

TB2 will be a cross gen game which will highly limit its design compared to Uncharted. So I think those comparisons will be short-lived at least because it will be like comparing an ant to an elephant.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#710  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@dujubear said:

So now, it will really be UNCHARTED 4 vs. RotTR. There will be lots of comparisons and arguments about this.

TB2 will be a cross gen game which will highly limit its design compared to Uncharted. So I think those comparisons will be short-lived at least because it will be like comparing an ant to an elephant.

Yep. That's what I was saying the other day.

One game is held back by last gen assets (360 TR), and one game will be a pure bread new generational title (U4). Graphically, the comparisons won't measure up as poor TR is going to be a cross gen 360/Xbone game.

Oh well, there's always Batman AK and Witcher 3 comparisons to look forward too. There's two games braving the world and not being shackled to the PS360 graphics barrier like Tomb Raider, Destiny, Watch Dogs, and so many others.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#711 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

This is very good news to xbox one gamers I for one cant wait to play it.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#712  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

This reminds me. What was with the SC:Conviction deal?

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

I have to give phil spencer props for coming out clean during the recent interview. Honesty helps win many hearts. If you gonna lie and play dirty do it right without getting caught. I knew they were going to take a lot of heat but its good to see they handling it the right way instead of riding it out with more bs.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714 GrenadeLauncher

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

In September 1997, Sony Computer Entertainment America signed a deal with Eidos to make console releases for the Tomb Raider franchise exclusive to the PlayStation, preventing the Sega Saturn or the Nintendo 64 from having any Tomb Raider game released for it until 2000, a deal that would prove very beneficial to Sony both in terms of revenue dollars and also in further cementing the PlayStation's growing reputation as the go-to system for must-have exclusive titles.

So MS is trying to use former Sony tactics. Nothing wrong with wanting to win over the competition.

I see that get bandied about a lot and yet never see a source for it. The Sega Saturn was dead and third parties hated the N64 because of cartridges by then as well.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715 GrenadeLauncher

@blackace said:

It doesn't mean it coming to the PS4 though. It could easily just go to the PC only like DR3 and Ryse.

By the time it's released on the other platform, most gamers who have played it on XBox 360/XB1 aren't going to care. There will be some other exclusive announced by then. I remember this happening a lot for the PS3 multiplat games that hit the XBox 360 first and then got released on the PS3 6-24 months later. Hardly anyone bought any of those games.

They will. lol!! They'll be buying all those XB1 bundles during the holiday. There are a lot more casual gamers, then hardcore gamers that are on this site. Jump In.

Depends. If the Xbone is still regarded as dogshit in a year (and it probably will be) I don't see it happening.

Now go back to the news article on this and damage control in there, blackace.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

I see that get bandied about a lot and yet never see a source for it. The Sega Saturn was dead and third parties hated the N64 because of cartridges by then as well.

Doesn't change the Fact that MS are not the first company to do this though, it's common knowledge that the reason the reason the Ps1 did so well was down to Backroom deals that rendered virtually every title a Ps1 Console exclusive, if you didn't know that then you have not been gaming long dude.

Companys do this all the time, you think SONY got timed Destiny DLC for nothing?

I personally don't see a problem with it, these people are running a business and they need to balance the books, if you don't like it choose another hobby,lol

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717 delta3074
@_SWAG_ said:

someone should wash your mouth out with soap and water,lol

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Doesn't change the Fact that MS are not the first company to do this though, it's common knowledge that the reason the reason the Ps1 did so well was down to Backroom deals that rendered virtually every title a Ps1 Console exclusive, if you didn't know that then you have not been gaming long dude.

Companys do this all the time, you think SONY got timed Destiny DLC for nothing?

I personally don't see a problem with it, these people are running a business and they need to balance the books, if you don't like it choose another hobby,lol

Then I guess you need to look at Nintendo during the NES era to see how they tied up IPS/devs.

Honestly throwing money at games is the last thing a gamer should want. I realize most people buy one console and they want everything on their choice...but that is far from healthy for the industry as a whole and no self respecting gamer should defend this.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720 delta3074

@LJS9502_basic said:

@delta3074 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Then I guess you need to look at Nintendo during the NES era to see how they tied up IPS/devs.

Honestly throwing money at games is the last thing a gamer should want. I realize most people buy one console and they want everything on their choice...but that is far from healthy for the industry as a whole and no self respecting gamer should defend this.

Throwing money at games i s EXACTLY what we do and have been doing since it became mainstream dude, you know that.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@kitty said:

@Chutebox said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We got Tomb Raider bitches.

Seems everyone does!

I'm surprised MS are the ones that came out and said it.

why would you be surprised?

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-admits-xboxs-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-exc/1100-6421700/

spencer says they didn't even pay for it to be exclusive. "Yes, the deal has a duration. I didn't buy it. I don't own the franchise."

Sure you didn't say anything about that, but I'm sure many people think money is always involved when everything is "timed" with microsoft.

the problem is how can anyone NOT believe money was involved? TR didn't sell more on the Xbone OR the Xbox 360 than on its PS counterparts (PS systems actually selling more than double the copies) and they're keeping the game off of those systems AND PC for who knows how long.

100% Microsoft gave them money because there is literally no other explainable or justifiable reason as to why they'd deny themselves the greater portion of their profits, especially now that the sales gap between ps4 and xbone has only gotten bigger since the definitive edition released and they were always worrying about not having enough sales in the past.