rise of the tomb raider and Double Pistols?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Soul4Survivor (83 posts) -

With rise of the tomb raider coming up do you think well see the Double Pistols with unlimited Ammo again? Or do you think with this new versions of TR that's dead

Going Thought Tomb Raider 2013 right now and i kinda miss them.. Just me i know

#2 Edited by Telekill (4238 posts) -

The bow beats out dual pistols in my opinion. I've been with the series since the first in 1996 and I think the reboot is far above anything that nastalgia can remember.

If they want to put in dual pistols, fine, but no unlimited ammo. It just takes away too much from the more realistic vibe they are going for.

#3 Edited by cainetao11 (15972 posts) -

@Telekill said:

The bow beats out dual pistols in my opinion. I've been with the series since the first in 1996 and I think the reboot is far above anything that nastalgia can remember.

If they want to put in dual pistols, fine, but no unlimited ammo. It just takes away too much from the more realistic vibe they are going for.

^ This. I love the bow as well. Pulling headshots was awesome with it. And in todays games that involve weapons unlimited ammo would suck imo.

#4 Posted by freedomfreak (38295 posts) -

I think they will, but that requires me spoiling some stuff, and I won't.

#5 Edited by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

Tbh i thought she was going dual pistols in the first game when she grabbed the second gun :(

I do agree the bow was way better.

#6 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2598 posts) -

I think they will, but that requires me spoiling some stuff, and I won't.

Are you an insider? Have all teh gaming goss do you?

#7 Posted by geniobastardo (954 posts) -
@Telekill said:

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38295 posts) -

Nope. Just going with what I saw in the game. Lara's dual pistols are her main weapons. It's normal she doesn't have them in TR,considering it's how it all started, but there are a few things that happen in the game that point to the sequel having them.

I hope so.

#9 Posted by scottpsfan14 (2598 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Nope. Just going with what I saw in the game. Lara's dual pistols are her main weapons. It's normal she doesn't have them in TR,considering it's how it all started, but there are a few things that happen in the game that point to the sequel having them.

I hope so.

Yeah I bet she does. It seems logical. I still would like to see the bow back in the game too.

#10 Posted by freedomfreak (38295 posts) -

Yeah I bet she does. It seems logical. I still would like to see the bow back in the game too.

I'm pretty sure they will considering how well received it was. Everybody loved the bow, and it was used in the game to get around, too.

I can see them expanding on that.

#11 Posted by Animal-Mother (26233 posts) -

In the year of the bow, tomb raider won

#12 Posted by Desmonic (12809 posts) -

Bow was OP. Keep that and it's already a big plus for the game IMO.

Of course that would not stop them from adding the dual pistols for those situations where things heat up.

#13 Posted by uninspiredcup (6984 posts) -

They keep putting QTE in them, have done for years.

I assume play-testers like them?????

#14 Posted by I_can_haz (6492 posts) -

@Telekill said:

This X 1000.

#15 Edited by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

No more QTE's and bring back dual pistols. Also no weapon carry limit.

#16 Posted by Sphire (2066 posts) -

Dual pistols? Pfft, bring back dual Uzis

#17 Posted by parkurtommo (25505 posts) -

"Bring back this" "Bring back that"

FFS it's a reboot. Yes they can bring things back, but imo they really shouldn't if they want to make a new face for the series.

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8630 posts) -

I never liked Dual Wielding because in most games the mechanic is poorly crafted. I did however like it in President Evil 6.

Andway, Rise of The Tomb Raider will be nothing compared to Temple Of Osiris. :p

#19 Posted by kitty (114338 posts) -

"Bring back this" "Bring back that"

FFS it's a reboot. Yes they can bring things back, but imo they really shouldn't if they want to make a new face for the series.

One thing that hurt TR 2013 was the health regen, imo. Bring the health kits back at least.

#20 Edited by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Bow was OP. Keep that and it's already a big plus for the game IMO.

Of course that would not stop them from adding the dual pistols for those situations where things heat up.

adding dual pistols wouldn't change anything, if they had added a second pistol in the first one and lowered the damage of a single one the game would've been the same.

#21 Posted by Soul4Survivor (83 posts) -

guys just finished it and i must say i liked it> The uncharted feel to it didn't really brother me that much 9/10 for me

favorite weapons

1 Rifle 100% done

2 Bow 100% done

at 94% done just need to finish some of those extra challenges

and cant wait for TR2

#22 Posted by hehe101 (472 posts) -

i prefer bow but pistols are classic.

#23 Posted by bbkkristian (14777 posts) -

I'm somewhat of a bow man myself.

#24 Posted by AdobeArtist (22747 posts) -

I'm the biggest Tomb Raider fan on these boards, so I hate to do this. but System Wars has a requirement for users to have 500 posts minimum before they can create threads here. Please see the Survival Guide sticky for reference.

But I do agree with others here, the bow is the more satisfying weapon to play with. And even if dual pistols make a return, they won't have unlimited ammo. While there are supernatural elements to to the series, the human manufactured weapons aren't one of them.