Rise of Nations May Be Coming to Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (58970 posts) -

After bringing Age of Empires II HD Edition to Steam, and currently working on Age of Mythology Complete Edition, looks like Microsoft is going for a hat trick: Rise of Nations, which might objectively be the best strategy game of all time, is also coming to Steam!

Here's the lovely Steam Database entry that tells us everything.

Just like the other two, this is so bought.

#2 Posted by Cloud_imperium (4365 posts) -

+1

#3 Posted by lostrib (39207 posts) -

That would be awesome

#4 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Now if Microsoft could just rebuild the dev teams who made these old games that'd be great.

#5 Posted by mems_1224 (47455 posts) -

I bought one Age of Empires game from Steam a while ago and when I finally installed it and tried to play it asked for a cd key and the one steam gave me never worked and I just gave up and never went back. I've never played one of those games before :(

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (58970 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

I bought one Age of Empires game from Steam a while ago and when I finally installed it and tried to play it asked for a cd key and the one steam gave me never worked and I just gave up and never went back. I've never played one of those games before :(

They've updated it multiple times since to fix the issues. Try it now! You're bound to like it :)

#7 Posted by naz99 (1541 posts) -

What a great game, been a good few years since I played it.

#8 Posted by 35cent (918 posts) -

Great news if true! It's an excellent game.

#9 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16997 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Now if Microsoft could just rebuild the dev teams who made these old games that'd be great.

That would be great indeed. But it's never going to happen.

#10 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7667 posts) -

Ermerferkingerd! I'll buy this day 1.

#11 Edited by Wasdie (50279 posts) -

"best strategy game of all time."

Rise of Nations a funny way to spell Homeworld.

Rise of Nations is good no doubt, but it's far from the best strategy game ever made. It has a whole slew of problems, especially towards late games.

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (58970 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

"best strategy game of all time."

Rise of Nations a funny way to spell Homeworld.

Rise of Nations is good no doubt, but it's far from the best strategy game ever made. It has a whole slew of problems, especially towards late games.

Late games was actually not where the issue with Rise of Nations lay; the issue was that the game itself was balanced out only for the endgame. Me and a friend of mine once tried to play with the progress cap set at the end of the medieval era, and it was impossible to get the upper hand for anybody; the game was made with nukes kept in mind, and without the usage of nukes, actually being able to achieve any kind of military victory condition was impossible.

#13 Posted by Wasdie (50279 posts) -

@charizard1605: And that's dumb.

Homeworld > all other RTSs.

I HAVE SPOKEN

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (9717 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Homeworld > all other RTSs.

This is true.