Rise of Nations May Be Coming to Steam

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (54351 posts) -
#2 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1762 posts) -

+1

#3 Posted by lostrib (31472 posts) -

That would be awesome

#4 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Now if Microsoft could just rebuild the dev teams who made these old games that'd be great.

#5 Posted by mems_1224 (45727 posts) -

I bought one Age of Empires game from Steam a while ago and when I finally installed it and tried to play it asked for a cd key and the one steam gave me never worked and I just gave up and never went back. I've never played one of those games before :(

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (54351 posts) -

I bought one Age of Empires game from Steam a while ago and when I finally installed it and tried to play it asked for a cd key and the one steam gave me never worked and I just gave up and never went back. I've never played one of those games before :(

They've updated it multiple times since to fix the issues. Try it now! You're bound to like it :)

#7 Posted by naz99 (985 posts) -

What a great game, been a good few years since I played it.

#8 Posted by 35cent (876 posts) -

Great news if true! It's an excellent game.

#9 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16037 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Now if Microsoft could just rebuild the dev teams who made these old games that'd be great.

That would be great indeed. But it's never going to happen.

#10 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (6851 posts) -

Ermerferkingerd! I'll buy this day 1.

#11 Edited by Wasdie (49302 posts) -

"best strategy game of all time."

Rise of Nations a funny way to spell Homeworld.

Rise of Nations is good no doubt, but it's far from the best strategy game ever made. It has a whole slew of problems, especially towards late games.

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (54351 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

"best strategy game of all time."

Rise of Nations a funny way to spell Homeworld.

Rise of Nations is good no doubt, but it's far from the best strategy game ever made. It has a whole slew of problems, especially towards late games.

Late games was actually not where the issue with Rise of Nations lay; the issue was that the game itself was balanced out only for the endgame. Me and a friend of mine once tried to play with the progress cap set at the end of the medieval era, and it was impossible to get the upper hand for anybody; the game was made with nukes kept in mind, and without the usage of nukes, actually being able to achieve any kind of military victory condition was impossible.

#13 Posted by Wasdie (49302 posts) -

@charizard1605: And that's dumb.

Homeworld > all other RTSs.

I HAVE SPOKEN

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (6792 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Homeworld > all other RTSs.

This is true.