Ridley Scott and Microsoft Team for Halo Digital Feat

#1 Posted by tymeservesfate (2053 posts) -

"Project will be separate from Steven Spielberg’s Halo TV series."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/ridley-scott-and-microsoft-team-for-halo-digital-feature

"We’ve been hearing rumors about a potential Halo movie for the past decade, with Alien and Blade Runner director Ridley Scott’s name being associated with the project as far back as 2004 and as recently as this past January. And now it looks like the rumors are becoming a reality… sort of.

According to Microsoft, a “digital feature project” based on the Halo game series is in fact in the works from 343 Industries, Xbox Entertainment Studios, and Ridley Scott’s Scott Free Productions. The feature will be released later this year and will be executive produced by Scott and Scott Free TV President David Zucker. Sergio Mimica-Gezzan (Battlestar Galactica, Heroes) will direct the feature.

Now, what is a “digital feature project” rather than a film, you might be wondering? It’s all a bit vague right now, but it seems likely that this is not something that will get a theatrical release. The Wrap is reporting that the project is expected to follow the same format as Machinima's Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, which obviously was delivered on the web.

The site adds that the story will follow a “surgically-enhanced super soldier who is not Master Chief” and that Prison Break creator Paul Scheuring may write the digital feature.

Additionally, Microsoft points out that this is “completely separate from the premium Halo television series executive produced by Steven Spielberg, which is still on track.” Back in January we’d heard that District 9’s Neill Blomkamp was directing the pilot for that project. Further confusing matters, Blomkamp had also worked on a now-defunct feature film version of Halo a few years back…

It should also be noted that Mimica-Gezzan is a Spielberg collaborator, having served as first assistant director on many of his films. So there are a lot of big names in the mix here, but not many details yet.

We’ll have more for you on both Halo projects just as soon as we have it!"

all good things...seems like Microsoft is getting an all-star line-up of film directors and industry people to handle their projects. it should yield good results. or not, what do people think?

#2 Posted by lostrib (39233 posts) -

So it's a CGI halo movie without Master Chief?

#3 Posted by tymeservesfate (2053 posts) -

@lostrib said:

So it's a CGI halo movie without Master Chief?

its....something -shrugs-

the article speculates that it might be in the same vein of "Forward Unto Dawn". the online miniseries that released in the months before Halo 4's release.

#4 Posted by lostrib (39233 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:

@lostrib said:

So it's a CGI halo movie without Master Chief?

its....something -shrugs-



That pretty accurately describes "next gen" consoles so far

#5 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5555 posts) -

Phil Spencer is f-for the gamer you g-guys.

#6 Posted by tymeservesfate (2053 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@lostrib said:

So it's a CGI halo movie without Master Chief?

its....something -shrugs-

That pretty accurately describes "next gen" consoles so far

yessir'ree'bob...hopefully E3 will help gamers finally see what the hell is going on finally.

#7 Posted by RR360DD (12144 posts) -

All the talent is just flocking to Xbox One

#8 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1969 posts) -

I thought he jump off bridge.

#9 Posted by nini200 (9980 posts) -

I came here because I saw Ridley.

#10 Posted by uninspiredcup (9722 posts) -

Great to see one of sci-fi's most talented movie architects waste his time on a shitty franchise about a man with a motorbike helmet shooting Pokemon.

#11 Edited by Suppaman100 (4022 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

All the talent is just flocking to Xbox One

#12 Posted by blackace (21101 posts) -

@lostrib said:

So it's a CGI halo movie without Master Chief?

Sounds more like a spin-off story to me. Who knows really? Gotta wait for more details. In the meantime, I'll continue to watch this on Netflix. http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

#13 Posted by lostrib (39233 posts) -
@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

So it's a CGI halo movie without Master Chief?

Sounds more like a spin-off story to me. Who knows really? Gotta wait for more details. In the meantime, I'll continue to watch this on Netflix. http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

I watched half that series, the main character is annoying as fuck

#14 Posted by blackace (21101 posts) -

@lostrib said:
@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

So it's a CGI halo movie without Master Chief?

Sounds more like a spin-off story to me. Who knows really? Gotta wait for more details. In the meantime, I'll continue to watch this on Netflix. http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

I watched half that series, the main character is annoying as fuck

True. I'm only on the 6th episode. I like it so far. I need to go back and finish watching Naruto. I'm like 4 months behind on that now.

#15 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14708 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lostrib said:
@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

So it's a CGI halo movie without Master Chief?

Sounds more like a spin-off story to me. Who knows really? Gotta wait for more details. In the meantime, I'll continue to watch this on Netflix. http://www.crunchyroll.com/attack-on-titan

I watched half that series, the main character is annoying as fuck

True. I'm only on the 6th episode. I like it so far. I need to go back and finish watching Naruto. I'm like 4 months behind on that now.

How can you get through Naruto? The shows like 75-80% filler arcs.

#16 Posted by nervmeister (15297 posts) -

Xbox One: Tune In.