Revenue leaps 56% at- Xbox division. 18% increase in Live Members

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
18% increase in stupid people willing to pay extra to use something they technically already bought and payed for in full. Seriously Live is equivalent to buying New TV but the remote you get with it has a monthly fee. Shielder7
And again, the 18% increase is not an 18% increase in paying customers. Just accounts whether they be Gold or Silver.
#52 Posted by Mr720fan (2775 posts) -

loving how cows have no answers :roll:

#53 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28451 posts) -
And they did not even have to sell two main office buildings to do it.CanYouDiglt
And fire 10k employees either
#54 Posted by Tessellation (8803 posts) -
these kind of news make basement dweller cows really upset.
#55 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7582 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

Sony made a profit without selling those buildings, but nice try. I also guess Sony is not a major player in music and film? Being Top 3 in music, film and gaming is a pretty big deal.

Murderstyle75

I am not going to bother looking up the links for someone like you because you are a dimwit. If you actually care though look up their last report and you will see assets were taking into account for it. The threads were on here so maybe you can find them that way. Also look up their credit rating and you will see they are in junk status. Like I said they went 4 year without posting a yearly profit and the 5th year it was only with help from selling assets such as office buildings, their chemical division, and others.

Here's something interesting about Sony. Most of the movies and music on the 360 are actually from Sonys labels and movie studios. Microsoft has been under contract with Sony for music since the 360 released. Every Xbox Live Featured Artist was from a Sony label.

Every movie is not under the Sony label. There is a Sony pictures app and other areas on the 360 where Sony pictures are sold but every movie is not from Sony pictures. The same goes for music. I mean seriously think about it how it is a Microsoft console but they will only have Sony movies and music. If they were only selling Sony music and movies then Sony would be paying a buttload but it is not happening anyways. As far as the contract goes I have no idea and I am not really sure who pays who since when a Sony movie is sold on XBL Sony is making money so it is in their interest to have their movies sold on as many areas as possible.

The companies of Sony and Microsoft do not hate each other and do not act like the people on here. Another example is almost every single Sony computer has to pay to have Windows and Office plus other Microsoft programs. The Vita has Skype I think and that is owned by Microsoft.

#56 Posted by kingtito (5117 posts) -

[QUOTE="TruthBToldShow"]Dumba$$e$ getting that killer deal on that $99 360. Screwing over ignorant consumers FTW! Yeah, as real gamers we must celebrate and hope other console makers will do the sametenaka2

It every third xbox killed its owner the lemmings would still praise it as a great deal.

I think you got that confused with cows. All day everyday all they do is praise Sony. Don't get it twisted
#57 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28451 posts) -
There is a flaw in those numbers I would like to point out. They are boasting about 48 million members. When they say 48 million, they are not talking about Gold subscribers. That's 48 million including silver accounts. I know I have 8 silver accounts on my Xbox 360 alone. A few of those accounts were for nothing more than getting 1 free month of Gold.Murderstyle75
Sounds to me someone has so many accounts cause they keep getting their systems and accounts banned piracy
#58 Posted by Mr720fan (2775 posts) -

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="shawn30"] OMG, cows crack me up to know end. No games despite how well it sells in two of the biggest markets (US and UK) while being competitive every else except Japan. And we're all buying it even though it has no games, lol. You really need new material. Facts spit in the face of your fanboyism. shawn30
@RR360DD. See my point near the end of my last post? Where do they grow these people? An Xbox fan being called a fanboy for criticizing his own system. Imagine that. Perhaps people like Shawn should look at people's profiles where my gsmercard is as clear as day before posting moronic responses.

I didn't care about you critisinzing a system dude. Please. But the silly way you posted what you did, as if people who enjoy the 360 should be at home playing it instead of posting on forums just made me laugh. You're a funny, silly guy :) And you sounded like a cow, which is no compliment. No I didn't check your gamercard as you don't matter enough to me for that. Its enough that your post garnered my attention enough to make a comment. People like you keep forum threads moving. Congrats.

hes a cow, desperate, i just cant take his 5000 word post responses that make very little sense.

#59 Posted by kingtito (5117 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shielder7"] 18% increase in stupid people willing to pay extra to use something they technically already bought and payed for in full. Seriously Live is equivalent to buying New TV but the remote you get with it has a monthly fee. Murderstyle75
And again, the 18% increase is not an 18% increase in paying customers. Just accounts whether they be Gold or Silver.

That 56% jump in revenue has nothing to do with LIVE? I'm guessing a lot of that IS because of LIVE. Doesn't matter what you want to believe about silver and Gold, fact remains revenue increased as did LIVE members. Just let it go and deal with it. No need to belittle
#60 Posted by RR360DD (12297 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] But they are still big numbers being boasted about which is pretty irrelevant to the topic. Especially since so many households have multiple accounts whether its for single player or using those free trials. Its rare though that Microsoft will release Gold statistics because its much easier to boast about 48m users. Well who cares about that when much of the 18% increase probably came from a new push for free trials? The last Forbes report I read on the subject claimed that only 50% of Xbox Live users are Gold members. Just something I wanted to point out before the fanboys continue worshipping their shrine and add misinformation like they always do in System Wars.Murderstyle75
i've had only one gold account since 2006 not every is like you with 8 accounts. also, pretty sure they'll be counting active members, not just random accounts who haven't logged in since 2007. again, this is about the 18% increase.

And what constitutes an inactive account? You are guessing now and an account not used since 2007 does not go into any kind of inactive status. I even have a second Gold account which I let lapse because there were no funds on the CC that was linked to it. I paid the past due three years later and my tenure still went up every year and is at 8 years now even though the account was only actively used for 5 years. And again. An 18% increase is irrelevant when a) it does not account for Gold only and b) every copy of BO2, Halo 4, etc came with a free trial.

LOL its not irrelevant at all.

Sony counts all accounts (thats PS3, PSVita and even accounts made on their website) when they're talking statistics Microsoft is counting all accounts too. They aren't claiming they're all gold accounts. No one is.

And free trials can be used on current accounts, you don't need to set a new one up so not sure what you're talking about. I'm sure there are people with multiple accounts on both the 360 and PS3. Big deal.

#61 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -
Increased 18% chance P$4 will indeed have paid online.
#62 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]There is a flaw in those numbers I would like to point out. They are boasting about 48 million members. When they say 48 million, they are not talking about Gold subscribers. That's 48 million including silver accounts. I know I have 8 silver accounts on my Xbox 360 alone. A few of those accounts were for nothing more than getting 1 free month of Gold.WilliamRLBaker
Sounds to me someone has so many accounts cause they keep getting their systems and accounts banned piracy

Its called having children, babysitters, as well as having profiles reserved for guests such as my wife's friends who want to play Kinect Sports after a night of liquor. Not all of us are basement dwellers. Two of the accounts only went Silver because Microsoft gave us the big Hot Carl by removing the family pack option. My main Murderstyle75 account has 8 years tenure. Would you like to add it and find out? The fact of the matter is, many people have many accounts for many reasons whether it is for the reasons I stated or other things such as the free trials, not wanting to spend 800 points to change your tag, clan accounts for games that allow dedicated server hosting, etc. Just buying an Xbox 360 entitles you to 1 month of free Gold on three or four accounts. I can't remember which since I burned them all up a few years ago for my son.
#63 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
M$ continues to milk the clueless lemmings dry.
#64 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] i've had only one gold account since 2006 not every is like you with 8 accounts. also, pretty sure they'll be counting active members, not just random accounts who haven't logged in since 2007. again, this is about the 18% increase. RR360DD

And what constitutes an inactive account? You are guessing now and an account not used since 2007 does not go into any kind of inactive status. I even have a second Gold account which I let lapse because there were no funds on the CC that was linked to it. I paid the past due three years later and my tenure still went up every year and is at 8 years now even though the account was only actively used for 5 years. And again. An 18% increase is irrelevant when a) it does not account for Gold only and b) every copy of BO2, Halo 4, etc came with a free trial.

Sony counts all accounts (thats PS3, PSVita and even accounts made on their website) when they're talking statistics Microsoft is counting all accounts too. They aren't claiming they're all gold accounts. No one is.

And free trials can be used on current accounts, you don't need to set a new one up so not sure what you're talking about. I'm sure there are people with multiple accounts on both the 360 and PS3. Big deal.

Yet the 14 day trial only acts as a 2 day trial if the silver account was ever Gold. These trials also only work for Silver accounts. And its irrelevant because the article at hand is strictly about revenue. Silver accounts do not add revenue to the company in the form of Live Subscriptions. And why are you bringing up Sony? That's irrelevant as well other than them apparently having more online users due to it being free of charge. My points are not Microsoft vs Sony. I know its hard for die hard Lems to comprehend that since corporate domination is more important to them than the World Series or Superbowl since Steve Ballmer is their god, savior and childhood hero but its true.
#65 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
:lol: I noticed that ever since M$ abandoned lems and stopped giving them games they've all turned into corporate shareholders.
#66 Posted by RR360DD (12297 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] And what constitutes an inactive account? You are guessing now and an account not used since 2007 does not go into any kind of inactive status. I even have a second Gold account which I let lapse because there were no funds on the CC that was linked to it. I paid the past due three years later and my tenure still went up every year and is at 8 years now even though the account was only actively used for 5 years. And again. An 18% increase is irrelevant when a) it does not account for Gold only and b) every copy of BO2, Halo 4, etc came with a free trial.Murderstyle75

Yet the 14 day trial only acts as a 2 day trial if the silver account was ever Gold. These trials also only work for Silver accounts. And its irrelevant because the article at hand is strictly about revenue. Silver accounts do not add revenue to the company in the form of Live Subscriptions. And why are you bringing up Sony? That's irrelevant as well other than them apparently having more online users due to it being free of charge. My points are not Microsoft vs Sony. I know its hard for die hard Lems to comprehend that since corporate domination is more important to them than the World Series or Superbowl since Steve Ballmer is their god, savior and childhood hero but its true.

Says who? Ive been a gold member since 2002, which went silver last year and I used a 14 day trial I got with Halo 4. And of course, how exactly is a Gold trial supposed to work if the account is already Gold, that doesn't even make sense.

If its about revenue, silver members are still valid. Theres no steady-monthly revenue from them but you have to factor in the XBL ecosystem. Thats a pool of people who have the ability to browse the marketplace, buy games, rent films etc.

And thats not even mentioning the money MS get from the advertisement on the dashboard from all members.

#67 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
And perhaps if Microsoft had some games, they would get the fuk of these forums and play. 360 is so great to them yet they spend more time talking about the 360 than they spend actually playing it.
#68 Posted by RR360DD (12297 posts) -
And perhaps if Microsoft had some games, they would get the fuk of these forums and play. 360 is so great to them yet they spend more time talking about the 360 than they spend actually playing it.Murderstyle75
There are more cows on these forums than lems. So be quiet.
#69 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Says who? Ive been a gold member since 2002, which went silver last year and I used a 14 day trial I got with Halo 4. And of course, how exactly is a Gold trial supposed to work if the account is already Gold, that doesn't even make sense.

If its about revenue, silver members are still valid. Theres no steady-monthly revenue from them but you have to factor in the XBL ecosystem. Thats a pool of people who have the ability to browse the marketplace, buy games, rent films etc.

And thats not even mentioning the money MS get from the advertisement on the dashboard from all members.

Just used my 14 day trial on my sons account two weeks ago and it gave him 48 hours. After some research, it appears its only good for new subscribers. And you are under the assumption that all these people using silver accounts are using them as primary accounts which is not the case. I know lots of people with multiple silvers and they are not being used for anything you mention.
#70 Posted by RR360DD (12297 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] Yet the 14 day trial only acts as a 2 day trial if the silver account was ever Gold. These trials also only work for Silver accounts. And its irrelevant because the article at hand is strictly about revenue. Silver accounts do not add revenue to the company in the form of Live Subscriptions. And why are you bringing up Sony? That's irrelevant as well other than them apparently having more online users due to it being free of charge. My points are not Microsoft vs Sony. I know its hard for die hard Lems to comprehend that since corporate domination is more important to them than the World Series or Superbowl since Steve Ballmer is their god, savior and childhood hero but its true.Murderstyle75

Just used my 14 day trial on my sons account two weeks ago and it gave him 48 hours. After some research, it appears its only good for new subscribers. And you are under the assumption that all these people using silver accounts are using them as primary accounts which is not the case. I know lots of people with multiple silvers and they are not being used for anything you mention.

Link? The 14 day sub I used gave me the 14 days. Websites sell 14 day codes, I don't think they'd get away with it if it only gave 2 days.

And Im not under any assumption. Microsoft have no way to be sure who actually uses their account and who doesn't. I have one account, but I'm sure others have multiple. But you or I don't have a number, so I fail to see what you're arguing.

#71 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]And perhaps if Microsoft had some games, they would get the fuk of these forums and play. 360 is so great to them yet they spend more time talking about the 360 than they spend actually playing it.RR360DD

Apparently because Lems are easy targets. I primarily play on the 360 yet its very amusing at just how emotional you guys get when defending your purchases. Most cows I see are nothing but trolls taking advantage of easy targets. And the PS3 is a piece of shit too which is why I didn't buy one until I found it for $80 at a pawn shop. It just happens to have more new games other than a generic Halo, generic Gears spinoff and stacks upon stacks of post 2010 kiddie games.
#72 Posted by RR360DD (12297 posts) -
[QUOTE="RR360DD"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]And perhaps if Microsoft had some games, they would get the fuk of these forums and play. 360 is so great to them yet they spend more time talking about the 360 than they spend actually playing it.Murderstyle75

Apparently because Lems are easy targets. I primarily play on the 360 yet its very amusing at just how emotional you guys get when defending your purchases. Most cows I see are nothing but trolls taking advantage of easy targets. And the PS3 is a piece of shit too which is why I didn't buy one until I found it for $80 at a pawn shop. It just happens to have more new games other than a generic Halo, generic Gears spinoff and stacks upon stacks of post 2010 kiddie games.

Apparently? Work that out on your own did you? No one on here genuinely defends their purchase, its just a place to troll. Some are more obvious than others. And please don't reduce yourself to the cow 'exclusive' mentality.
#73 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5669 posts) -

This gives MS no reason to drop Live fees.

#74 Posted by mems_1224 (47792 posts) -

Blazerdt47
and gives sony more of a reason to add a fee
#75 Posted by Krelian-co (12071 posts) -

is it me or i failed to see any trustable link / non bs from random poster in tc post?

and why are you thanking ms, lol.

#76 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -
And perhaps if Microsoft had some games, they would get the fuk of these forums and play. 360 is so great to them yet they spend more time talking about the 360 than they spend actually playing it.Murderstyle75
OMG, cows crack me up to know end. No games despite how well it sells in two of the biggest markets (US and UK) while being competitive every else except Japan. And we're all buying it even though it has no games, lol. You really need new material. Facts spit in the face of your fanboyism.
#77 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

mems_1224

Sony would never do that to their fans.
#78 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Badosh

Sony would never do that to their fans.

LMAO!! Hope that's sarcasm! Companies, all of them, need revenue to operate. Companies already doing badly like Sony, to the point where they are selling off real estate and adding that revenue to their earnings reports, TRULY need revenue. I would be flat out shocked to see Sony not charge for PSN with the PS4. Shocked!
#79 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Good to see Halo 4 hanging on.

#80 Posted by Mr720fan (2775 posts) -

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Bro there are 100 better things to be doing than post on a forum, yet people still do it. Its nothing to do with a lack of games or not. Cows (who apparantly are swimming in games or so I hear) are here in droves. It means nothing.

The reason no one is taking you seriously is because you are over-exaggerating to the point of simply being another mindless cow.

I have a PS3, and other than Ni No Kuni, I havent touched it this year, so what are all these games cows are playing? God of War bombed as hard as Gears. Both garbage and not worth my time.

If anyones in denial bro, its you. It seems you won't accept the fact people choose a console over all the games it offers and not just the exclusives. It would be a sad world if everyone was confined to just playing exclusive games. Expecially when every exclusive from Sony last year flopped. :(

RR360DD

And like I keep saying which you guys keep ignoring, when most "Gamers" bought their system, Microsoft was in fact making and publishing many games. In the last few years however, those studios have been shoved aside and replaced with advertising firms, media studios, mobile studios and children studios.

And I completely awknowledge that Microsofts 1st party has weakened, but in the real world that only means a couple of less games a year. It really is that insignificant. If Sony were to stop creating 1st party games today, there would still be 100s of other games to play this year.

People place far too much importance on exclusives these days.

MS has delivered all gen, and won last gen, the hype is getting to epic levels for the MS announcement. You really think PS4 is gonna overtake MS in NA and UK? those are conquered, its crazy that MS has beaten SONY all without having JapaN. It just shows you how strong they are in the #1 market and UK. Those two alone carried MS and will continue. As far as Japan, well thats a lost cause, but it pains them that the SONY brand has fallen as much as it did. Thank you MICROSOFT

#81 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

And they did not even have to sell two main office buildings to do it.CanYouDiglt

LOL the people who run Sony will always have more money than you.

#82 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Sony's 2012 revenue was nearly $80 billion.

http://www.statista.com/statistics/222289/total-revenue-of-sony-since-2008/

#83 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

shellcase86

Yeah he doesn't know the difference between revenue and profit. Most on System Wars are just as ignorant.

#84 Posted by MonsieurX (31161 posts) -

[QUOTE="shellcase86"]

StrongBlackVine

Yeah he doesn't know the difference between revenue and profit. Most on System Wars are just as ignorant.

you the first :(
#85 Posted by Blazerdt47 (5669 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

mems_1224

It's like you say that with pride.

#86 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="RR360DD"]There are more cows on these forums than lems. So be quiet. RR360DD

Apparently? Work that out on your own did you? No one on here genuinely defends their purchase, its just a place to troll. Some are more obvious than others. And please don't reduce yourself to the cow 'exclusive' mentality.

I've actually felt that way before I even knew what a Cow was. Its rather shitty watching them get new games and IP's yet the latest and greatest on Xbox is Nike+ Kinect Training. Then I read interviews from former members of Rare who claimed to have games and ideas that could have been instant hits, shoved aside for more of a Nintendo style audience. Sure. There are a bunch of third party multiplats but is that any reason to own a console? In my 30+ years of gaming, this is the very first time that a library of multiplats ever defined a console. Well if I could play those games elsewhere, why did I buy an Xbox? While I'm not a fan of the average cow either, its hard for me not to see their point. Its something I have been bitching about for three years now. While there are people who disagree with me, Ballmers takeover of the brand from J Allard has marked a direction going almost completely away from gaming. It almost seems like the brand is becoming a Roku that just so happens to play games. I used to agree with paying to play online but on recent years, what kind of actual Gaming evolution has our Gold dollars gave us? So we saw Party Chat which has its pros and cons. We saw pins which should be our home page instead of a sub menu they can't sell as space on. What else have we really seen? Now there is no doubt that the Xbox brand is becoming profitable. But it doesn't really seem to be evolving as a great gaming platform. And the things like ads, Kinect support, etc have not really done much but slow my dashboard down. Every dashboard before the 2010 Kinect update was lightning fast. Now with every new bloatware update, it seems to get slower and slower to the point where loading my friends list and comparing achievements is almost as annoying as PSN trophy syncing. Its just funny because all these views make people pin me as a cow. Its like you either Love the 360 or you are batting for the other side. Well I've always perferred the Xbox. Now where in the hell does this leave me? I normally post on Xbox.com where I have for 10 years until recently because its so dead over there. And what's left is not much different than Ganespot System Wars. The only difference is, its not Cows vs Lems. Its pre 2010 Xbox owners vs Post 2010 Kinect enthusiasts. And ironically, I'm the very last Founding Member left over there.
#87 Posted by super600 (30861 posts) -

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="shawn30"] Lol, using a bit of common sense and practical thinking as to MS and how they do business, in the here and now I have plenty of games to play that I enjoy. I spend time working, being with family and having a life and that will always fill more time than gaming, pal. As for the games themselves MS has done pretty dman good by mde or I wouldn't own their system or pay for LIVE. I don't own any MS stock or work for them, so really if they go belly up as a company or rule the world it has no bearing on me. I enjoy their games and system because for me its the best. I'm just not a PS3 fan and I don't have any interest in the WI-U. As for the 720, I have no doubt that MS is securing and working on next gen versions of Halo/Forza/Gears/Fable, and will have a new IP from Black Tusk, as well as their practice of buying a couple of third party developers games. Its how they do business. They have games and will continue to have them. And on top of that the Kinect is still a success no matter how loudly those who hate it scream. So your problem seems to be not being able to understand why people enjoy the things they do. And that's kinda sad :( If you don't enjoy the 360 or MS anymore then buy something else, lol. Mr720fan

And just how well have non bundled Kinect games sold? Kinect had a great year when the hype started in late 2010 but sales and hype severely declined the following year. How many copies did The Gunstringer sell again? Wasn't it something like 300k? And Halo/Forza/Fable/Gears. Huh? Nothing like milking a cow and beating a dead horse. Especially when most of the major players who made these series great to begin with are no longer even with the companies. And to think people call the Sony fanboys, cows.

yep cow you dont even know what you are talking about, the links are in the pudding, tell me what sony exclusive sold more than 5.55 million Kinect sports?

NGS 4,GT5, UC3(maybe) and UC2(maybe) sold more than that

#88 Posted by mems_1224 (47792 posts) -

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Blazerdt47

It's like you say that with pride.

how so? where was the pride in that response? was it the word "and" or maybe it was "of"?
#89 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
And I'm not defending the PS4 but then again, a launch is a bad way to judge a library. Especially when the PS2 didnt see its first real game until late summer of 2001. What I will say though is, graphics aside, Gears and Halo perform much better than the countless multiplats I own both online and offline. When I play a multiplat, its very easy to pick out the flaws with FarCry 3 being the most recent. I can't comment much on Uncharted because I never tried it Online. But then again, according to half the people in this thread, I'm a cow even though I have been with the Xbox platform longer than anybody here. There's a reason I didnt buy a PS3 until I found it for $80 at a pawn shop. As for the PS2? Mine died in under a year and I was having so much fun beta testing Xbox Live, I didnt even care. Xbox used to offer do much more than this and none of this changed until J Allard left.
#90 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]And they did not even have to sell two main office buildings to do it.CanYouDiglt

Well maybe the people that run Sony should be paid less since their company's credit rating is junk status, they only were able to post a profit after 4 years of not being able to because they were selling assets such as buildings, and to make it worse there is literally nothing Sony leads in anymore including gaming systems.

Sony made a profit without selling those buildings, but nice try. I also guess Sony is not a major player in music and film? Being Top 3 in music, film and gaming is a pretty big deal.

#91 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

StrongBlackVine

Well maybe the people that run Sony should be paid less since their company's credit rating is junk status, they only were able to post a profit after 4 years of not being able to because they were selling assets such as buildings, and to make it worse there is literally nothing Sony leads in anymore including gaming systems.

Sony was in loss before selling those buildings
#92 Posted by Cyberdot (3539 posts) -

It's quite funny that sts106mat is thanking Microsoft for getting ripped off.

#93 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -
[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]And perhaps if Microsoft had some games, they would get the fuk of these forums and play. 360 is so great to them yet they spend more time talking about the 360 than they spend actually playing it.Murderstyle75
OMG, cows crack me up to know end. No games despite how well it sells in two of the biggest markets (US and UK) while being competitive every else except Japan. And we're all buying it even though it has no games, lol. You really need new material. Facts spit in the face of your fanboyism.

@RR360DD. See my point near the end of my last post? Where do they grow these people? An Xbox fan being called a fanboy for criticizing his own system. Imagine that. Perhaps people like Shawn should look at people's profiles where my gsmercard is as clear as day before posting moronic responses.

I didn't care about you critisinzing a system dude. Please. But the silly way you posted what you did, as if people who enjoy the 360 should be at home playing it instead of posting on forums just made me laugh. You're a funny, silly guy :) And you sounded like a cow, which is no compliment. No I didn't check your gamercard as you don't matter enough to me for that. Its enough that your post garnered my attention enough to make a comment. People like you keep forum threads moving. Congrats.
#94 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7582 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

StrongBlackVine

I am not going to bother looking up the links for someone like you because you are a dimwit. If you actually care though look up their last report and you will see assets were taking into account for it. The threads were on here so maybe you can find them that way. Also look up their credit rating and you will see they are in junk status. Like I said they went 4 year without posting a yearly profit and the 5th year it was only with help from selling assets such as office buildings, their chemical division, and others.
#95 Posted by super600 (30861 posts) -

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="tyloss"]It's sad that Lemmings only ownage/thing they have over cows is that Microsoft's a larger and richer company than Sony. Just pitiful.Badosh

And I'm still not interested in most of the exclusives sony produces.

That's cause you're a lem.

:lol:

I'm not interested in LBP because I'm not a creative person. I'm not interested in killzone and resistance because I find them generic.I'm not interested in uncharted because I don't like cinematic type games.I'm neutral towards God of War. I'm interested in infamous,knack and etc.I'm not interested in GT because I don't like sim racers.

#96 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="shawn30"] OMG, cows crack me up to know end. No games despite how well it sells in two of the biggest markets (US and UK) while being competitive every else except Japan. And we're all buying it even though it has no games, lol. You really need new material. Facts spit in the face of your fanboyism.

But if you think about it, more games to play would equal less whining on message boards. No time to post when you have good things to play. Something that's not as much of a reality in 2010-2013 as it was every year prior. Its pretty sad that most of the AAA games people use to defend points are 4+ years old from studios that either no longer exist or were shoved off to third party multiplatform publishers. They certainly do have that Kinect Dance/Sports/Fitness lineup though. Almost makes me think I own a Wii. Its just funny to me how people are in such denial. What's it going to take until you have had the last straw? Halo - Fitness Evolved? Gears Dance Party featuring Lady Gaga?
#97 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]And I'm not defending the PS4 but then again, a launch is a bad way to judge a library. Especially when the PS2 didnt see its first real game until late summer of 2001. What I will say though is, graphics aside, Gears and Halo perform much better than the countless multiplats I own both online and offline. When I play a multiplat, its very easy to pick out the flaws with FarCry 3 being the most recent. I can't comment much on Uncharted because I never tried it Online. But then again, according to half the people in this thread, I'm a cow even though I have been with the Xbox platform longer than anybody here. There's a reason I didnt buy a PS3 until I found it for $80 at a pawn shop. As for the PS2? Mine died in under a year and I was having so much fun beta testing Xbox Live, I didnt even care. Xbox used to offer do much more than this and none of this changed until J Allard left.Mr720fan

keep talking to yourself please, its funny.

What's funny is the fact that you are a Kinect fanboy and a plague to the Xbox platform. You are like Beiber Fever. Only worse.
#98 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Well maybe the people that run Sony should be paid less since their company's credit rating is junk status, they only were able to post a profit after 4 years of not being able to because they were selling assets such as buildings, and to make it worse there is literally nothing Sony leads in anymore including gaming systems.

CanYouDiglt

Here's something interesting about Sony. Most of the movies and music on the 360 are actually from Sonys labels and movie studios. Microsoft has been under contract with Sony for music since the 360 released. Every Xbox Live Featured Artist was from a Sony label.
#99 Posted by super600 (30861 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]There is a flaw in those numbers I would like to point out. They are boasting about 48 million members. When they say 48 million, they are not talking about Gold subscribers. That's 48 million including silver accounts. I know I have 8 silver accounts on my Xbox 360 alone. A few of those accounts were for nothing more than getting 1 free month of Gold.Murderstyle75
nobody claimed they were gold members. still an 18% increase is an 18% increase no way to spin it.

But they are still big numbers being boasted about which is pretty irrelevant to the topic. Especially since so many households have multiple accounts whether its for single player or using those free trials. Its rare though that Microsoft will release Gold statistics because its much easier to boast about 48m users. Well who cares about that when much of the 18% increase probably came from a new push for free trials? The last Forbes report I read on the subject claimed that only 50% of Xbox Live users are Gold members. Just something I wanted to point out before the fanboys continue worshipping their shrine and add misinformation like they always do in System Wars.

I technically only have one gold account to. 

#100 Posted by RR360DD (12297 posts) -

[QUOTE="shawn30"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"] @RR360DD. See my point near the end of my last post? Where do they grow these people? An Xbox fan being called a fanboy for criticizing his own system. Imagine that. Perhaps people like Shawn should look at people's profiles where my gsmercard is as clear as day before posting moronic responses.Murderstyle75

But if you think about it, more games to play would equal less whining on message boards. No time to post when you have good things to play. Something that's not as much of a reality in 2010-2013 as it was every year prior. Its pretty sad that most of the AAA games people use to defend points are 4+ years old from studios that either no longer exist or were shoved off to third party multiplatform publishers. They certainly do have that Kinect Dance/Sports/Fitness lineup though. Almost makes me think I own a Wii. Its just funny to me how people are in such denial. What's it going to take until you have had the last straw? Halo - Fitness Evolved? Gears Dance Party featuring Lady Gaga?

Bro there are 100 better things to be doing than post on a forum, yet people still do it. Its nothing to do with a lack of games or not. Cows (who apparantly are swimming in games or so I hear) are here in droves. It means nothing.

The reason no one is taking you seriously is because you are over-exaggerating to the point of simply being another mindless cow.

I have a PS3, and other than Ni No Kuni, I havent touched it this year, so what are all these games cows are playing? God of War bombed as hard as Gears. Both garbage and not worth my time.

If anyones in denial bro, its you. It seems you won't accept the fact people choose a console over all the games it offers and not just the exclusives. It would be a sad world if everyone was confined to just playing exclusive games. Expecially when every exclusive from Sony last year flopped. :(