Revenue leaps 56% at- Xbox division. 18% increase in Live Members

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -

Ye olde Xbox 360 continues to defy its years.

Microsofts Entertainment and Devices Division home of amongst other things its Xbox operations saw revenues increase 56 per cent year-on-year for the three months ending March 31st, hitting $2.53bn.

The numbers were credited to higher Xbox 360 platform and Windows Phone revenue, with Xbox 360 in particular jumping 55 per cent to $641m.

However, for the nine months ending March 31st Xbox 360 revenue fell 13 per cent to $864m, mainly due to decreased console sales 8.9m 360 consoles were shipped in the period, down from 11.9m the year before.

The company has also announced that Xbox Live now has 46m members worldwide. Thats an 18 per cent annual increase.

Microsofts overall revenue hit $20.49bn.

It was also confirmed that chief financial officer Peter Klein will depart the company at the end of the current financial year.

MCV

pretty impressive to be increasing membership with "no games"

thank you MS

#2 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -

You can almost hear $ony salivating over Xbox's online profits. P$4 here we go.

#3 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -

Lems need to be studied, only group of people I've ever seen that says thanks to getting ripped off. 

Eddie-Vedder

not getting ripped off.  

can you play halo 4 on PC or PS3 ?, i consider the Live fee as access to those games. since i can afford it, i see no reason to be butthurt about it.

#4 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
why are thanking MS? :roll:
#5 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7584 posts) -
And they did not even have to sell two main office buildings to do it.
#6 Posted by silversix_ (15334 posts) -
ppl are so tired of this gen that they're starting to buy random shits.
#7 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

18% increase in the number of suckers.

#8 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -

call_of_duty_10
1000% increase in the amount of butthurt losers in SW.
#9 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

[QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

sts106mat

That happened 4 years ago when MS dropped core to go 100% casual.

#10 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

call_of_duty_10

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/17/live-activity-for-week-of-april-8th/ if all those are casual games....then count me as a casual,. In my opinion, anyone who wants to be known as " a hardcore gamer " is a fookin loser anyway.
#11 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

why are thanking MS? :roll:AcidThunder

Because there's more people to play with on Live.

#12 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]why are thanking MS? :roll:Michael0134567

th?id=H.4523194266355013&pid=15.1

#13 Posted by call_of_duty_10 (4954 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] 1000% increase in the amount of butthurt losers in SW.sts106mat

In my opinion, anyone who wants to be known as " a hardcore gamer " is a fookin loser anyway.

Being an 'effin loser' in your opinion beats being this,though

03.gif

h22622B40

img4492.gif?163830

:P

#14 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]why are thanking MS? :roll:Michael0134567

still no reason to thank MS. the people maybe. but not MS.
#15 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]why are thanking MS? :roll:sts106mat

em-wink.gif

High-five!.gif

#16 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]why are thanking MS? :roll:AcidThunder

Upset much?

#17 Posted by Zaibach (13458 posts) -

can't wait to get my cut, thank you steve :D

#18 Posted by nintendoboy16 (27499 posts) -
I guess I helped in the XBOX Live percentage. Got my Silver account this month..
#19 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

Upset much?

why would i be upset?
#20 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"] still no reason to thank MS. the people maybe. but not MS.AcidThunder

Upset much?

why would i be upset?

I don't know. Why are you upset?

#21 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Upset much?

Michael0134567

why would i be upset?

because of the homework i have got for the weekend i think :(
#22 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"] why would i be upset?AcidThunder

because of the homework i have got for the weekend i think :(

It's okay, you'll get it done.

#23 Posted by NFJSupreme (5386 posts) -

M$ is winning this is true.  Their business is on a much more solid foundation.  There is no denying this.

#24 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="call_of_duty_10"]

call_of_duty_10

In my opinion, anyone who wants to be known as " a hardcore gamer " is a fookin loser anyway.

Being an 'effin loser' in your opinion beats being this,though

03.gif

h22622B40

img4492.gif?163830

:P

i aint doing any of those things though so...
#25 Posted by KungfuKitten (21294 posts) -

M$ is winning this is true.  Their business is on a much more solid foundation.  There is no denying this.

NFJSupreme
The foundation of monthly fees.
#26 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7800 posts) -

Lems need to be studied, only group of people I've ever seen that says thanks to getting ripped off. 

#27 Posted by TruthBToldShow (352 posts) -
Dumba$$e$ getting that killer deal on that $99 360. Screwing over ignorant consumers FTW! Yeah, as real gamers we must celebrate and hope other console makers will do the same
#28 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -
[QUOTE="TruthBToldShow"]Dumba$$e$ getting that killer deal on that $99 360. Screwing over ignorant consumers FTW! Yeah, as real gamers we must celebrate and hope other console makers will do the same

ahh the bullsh1t-be-told-show. you disappeared for ages from here, how come?
#29 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

Dumba$$e$ getting that killer deal on that $99 360. Screwing over ignorant consumers FTW! Yeah, as real gamers we must celebrate and hope other console makers will do the sameTruthBToldShow

It every third xbox killed its owner the lemmings would still praise it as a great deal.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (46200 posts) -
Looks like dropping core in 2009 to go upwards of 65% causal is paying dividends. Well played MS.
#31 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]There is a flaw in those numbers I would like to point out. They are boasting about 48 million members. When they say 48 million, they are not talking about Gold subscribers. That's 48 million including silver accounts. I know I have 8 silver accounts on my Xbox 360 alone. A few of those accounts were for nothing more than getting 1 free month of Gold.sts106mat
nobody claimed they were gold members. still an 18% increase is an 18% increase no way to spin it.

But they are still big numbers being boasted about which is pretty irrelevant to the topic. Especially since so many households have multiple accounts whether its for single player or using those free trials. Its rare though that Microsoft will release Gold statistics because its much easier to boast about 48m users. Well who cares about that when much of the 18% increase probably came from a new push for free trials? The last Forbes report I read on the subject claimed that only 50% of Xbox Live users are Gold members. Just something I wanted to point out before the fanboys continue worshipping their shrine and add misinformation like they always do in System Wars.
#32 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

You expect butthurt Cows and heil68's repetitive shit, but Microsoft even has Hermits butt sore now. Amazing.  :lol:

#33 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"][QUOTE="sts106mat"] nobody claimed they were gold members. still an 18% increase is an 18% increase no way to spin it.

But they are still big numbers being boasted about which is pretty irrelevant to the topic. Especially since so many households have multiple accounts whether its for single player or using those free trials. Its rare though that Microsoft will release Gold statistics because its much easier to boast about 48m users. Well who cares about that when much of the 18% increase probably came from a new push for free trials? The last Forbes report I read on the subject claimed that only 50% of Xbox Live users are Gold members. Just something I wanted to point out before the fanboys continue worshipping their shrine and add misinformation like they always do in System Wars.

i've had only one gold account since 2006 not every is like you with 8 accounts. also, pretty sure they'll be counting active members, not just random accounts who haven't logged in since 2007. again, this is about the 18% increase.

And what constitutes an inactive account? You are guessing now and an account not used since 2007 does not go into any kind of inactive status. I even have a second Gold account which I let lapse because there were no funds on the CC that was linked to it. I paid the past due three years later and my tenure still went up every year and is at 8 years now even though the account was only actively used for 5 years. And again. An 18% increase is irrelevant when a) it does not account for Gold only and b) every copy of BO2, Halo 4, etc came with a free trial.
#34 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

loving how cows have no answers :roll:

Mr720fan

the OP never asked a question so what answer are you expecting from them? :roll:

#35 Posted by The_Power_of_X (456 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"] 1000% increase in the amount of butthurt losers in SW.sts106mat

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/17/live-activity-for-week-of-april-8th/ if all those are casual games....then count me as a casual,. In my opinion, anyone who wants to be known as " a hardcore gamer " is a fookin loser anyway.

Minecraft! <3

#36 Posted by Mr720fan (2775 posts) -

more bad news for cows.

#37 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

fg

[spoiler] nj [/spoiler]

#38 Posted by ShoulderOfOrion (3435 posts) -
Microsoft runs shit.
#39 Posted by clr84651 (5529 posts) -

And they did not even have to sell two main office buildings to do it.CanYouDiglt

No, because they're getting $billions yearly from xlive. Congrats xfans for feeding your cash to M$. :arrow:

#40 Posted by Bruce_Benzing (1742 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]And they did not even have to sell two main office buildings to do it.clr84651

No, because they're getting $billions yearly from xlive. Congrats xfans for feeding your cash to M$. :arrow:

So you're saying it's a better business model to liquidate assests instead of providing service to customers. Further proof Cows are basement dwellers with no clue on economics.....

#41 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7566 posts) -
Thank you Steve.
#42 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
[QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]And perhaps if Microsoft had some games, they would get the fuk of these forums and play. 360 is so great to them yet they spend more time talking about the 360 than they spend actually playing it.shawn30
OMG, cows crack me up to know end. No games despite how well it sells in two of the biggest markets (US and UK) while being competitive every else except Japan. And we're all buying it even though it has no games, lol. You really need new material. Facts spit in the face of your fanboyism.

@RR360DD. See my point near the end of my last post? Where do they grow these people? An Xbox fan being called a fanboy for criticizing his own system. Imagine that. Perhaps people like Shawn should look at people's profiles where my gsmercard is as clear as day before posting moronic responses.
#43 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -
There is a flaw in those numbers I would like to point out. They are boasting about 48 million members. When they say 48 million, they are not talking about Gold subscribers. That's 48 million including silver accounts. I know I have 8 silver accounts on my Xbox 360 alone. A few of those accounts were for nothing more than getting 1 free month of Gold.
#44 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -
There is a flaw in those numbers I would like to point out. They are boasting about 48 million members. When they say 48 million, they are not talking about Gold subscribers. That's 48 million including silver accounts. I know I have 8 silver accounts on my Xbox 360 alone. A few of those accounts were for nothing more than getting 1 free month of Gold.Murderstyle75
nobody claimed they were gold members. still an 18% increase is an 18% increase no way to spin it.
#45 Posted by SecretPolice (22741 posts) -

Free PSN on PS4 :o yeah right. :P

#46 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4172 posts) -

Free PSN on PS4 :o yeah right. :P

SecretPolice
See my point?
#47 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7584 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]And they did not even have to sell two main office buildings to do it.StrongBlackVine

LOL the people who run Sony will always have more money than you.

Well maybe the people that run Sony should be paid less since their company's credit rating is junk status, they only were able to post a profit after 4 years of not being able to because they were selling assets such as buildings, and to make it worse there is literally nothing Sony leads in anymore including gaming systems.

#48 Posted by sts106mat (20188 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Murderstyle75"]There is a flaw in those numbers I would like to point out. They are boasting about 48 million members. When they say 48 million, they are not talking about Gold subscribers. That's 48 million including silver accounts. I know I have 8 silver accounts on my Xbox 360 alone. A few of those accounts were for nothing more than getting 1 free month of Gold.Murderstyle75

i've had only one gold account since 2006 not every is like you with 8 accounts. also, pretty sure they'll be counting active members, not just random accounts who haven't logged in since 2007. again, this is about the 18% increase.
#49 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7584 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]And they did not even have to sell two main office buildings to do it.clr84651

You are right Sony is doing much better selling the buildings their employees work out of in order to pay bills.
#50 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -
18% increase in stupid people willing to pay extra to use something they technically already bought and payed for in full. Seriously Live is equivalent to buying New TV but the remote you get with it has a monthly fee.