Revengeance Demo sh1tting on Ninja Theory left, right, and center.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -

C'mon PC version.

ReadingRainbow4
Platinum games on PC would be too godly for words. Bayonetta locked at 60 frames? Vanquish at 60 frames? *drools*
#52 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -
[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

C'mon PC version.

jg4xchamp
Platinum games on PC would be too godly for words. Bayonetta locked at 60 frames? Vanquish at 60 frames? *drools*

With Konami publishing there might actually be a push for that to happen.
#53 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26810 posts) -

I had the demo for a while now and yea I know its cool. Though theres no reason to poo poo dmc. Why not get both since ya know thats what im doing.

#54 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

C'mon PC version.

DarkLink77

pfft they had Sega publishing the other 2. Sega puts their sh1t on PC. Binary Domain for instance is fun on PC. Stupid voice command be damned though.
#55 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15866 posts) -

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

C'mon PC version.

DarkLink77

That's what I'm hoping for.

#56 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Platinum games on PC would be too godly for words. Bayonetta locked at 60 frames? Vanquish at 60 frames? *drools*

pfft they had Sega publishing the other 2. Sega puts their sh1t on PC. Binary Domain for instance is fun on PC. Stupid voice command be damned though.

Yeah, well. Platinum has expressed interest in putting stuff on PC. This might be the game that sees it happen. SEGA is a pretty hands-off publisher, as we all know anyway, and Konami is making a big push for true multiplatform development.
#57 Posted by OneSanitarium (6925 posts) -

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

What's wrong with the demon dodge?

jg4xchamp

Oh, nothing. It just boosts your damage and style guage by a lot (it's the reason of that one video where the guy did the arbitor smash that went to SSS instantly.) They've toned some of the instant SSS stuff down, but it still happens fairly easily.

And Jump Cancel is pretty whack in the game.

What's wrong with the jump cancel?

I remember playing the demo and realizing that for some of the other animation cancels you had some large windows to do it.

Firstly, it's almost not even needed, as almost everything has you in the air with seemingly now drop down as long as you keep hitting them (and the angel/demon grabs let you stay in the air forever)

But you can cancel pretty much every move before they can even come out (it can happen in DMC3 and 4, but not to this extent) and jumping off an enemy lifts them up slightly/stops their falling momentum entirely. You could climb to the top of the screen and mash jump, both Dante and the enemy will just stay there.

Plus they made it so angel weapons can be jump canceld at anytime, regardless if there is an enemy around, or if you have a jump to use. If you mash Jump and angel grab repeatedly at the right timing, you can fly as high as you want. I've gotten out of the map in a ton of areas in the demo doing this, and it's still in the main game.

#58 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] With Konami publishing there might actually be a push for that to happen.

Yeah, well. Platinum has expressed interest in putting stuff on PC. This might be the game that sees it happen. SEGA is a pretty hands-off publisher, as we all know anyway, and Konami is making a big push for true multiplatform development.

True, but I'd kill for Bayonetta and Vaquish(to a lesser extent) PC port.
#59 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] pfft they had Sega publishing the other 2. Sega puts their sh1t on PC. Binary Domain for instance is fun on PC. Stupid voice command be damned though. jg4xchamp

True, but I'd kill for Bayonetta and Vaquish(to a lesser extent) PC port.

I think I would want Vanquish more than Bayonetta. With Nintendo publishing the next one, we're probably never going to see a PC port of the original.
#60 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26810 posts) -

So far this is the second plat games I enjoyed the other being madworld. I was not really a fan of vanquish or bayonetta.

#61 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -

I think I would want Vanquish more than Bayonetta. With Nintendo publishing the next one, we're probably never going to see a PC port of the original.DarkLink77
Technically it's still a sega game. It's a sega Ip. Nintendo is just willing to fund it to get an exclusive. So I don't see any reason beyond it wouldn't be in sega's best interest to port them to PC. I'd imagine the sales wouldn't justify it or at the least sega might f*ck up the ports(although Sega pc ports aren't that bad). Plus Bayonetta is the t1ts, it just has some annoying ass slow down in spots -_-

So far this is the second plat games I enjoyed the other being madworld. I was not really a fan of vanquish or bayonetta.

finalfantasy94

Have you tried Anarchy Reigns? It lacks the superior presentation of Mad World(I hate the look of Anarchy Reigns), but it's kind of like a multiplayer version of that. Less environmental kills, but more combo based fighting. It's a lot of fun in mp, and kind of messy. Twas a fun rental.

#62 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] True, but I'd kill for Bayonetta and Vaquish(to a lesser extent) PC port. jg4xchamp
I think I would want Vanquish more than Bayonetta. With Nintendo publishing the next one, we're probably never going to see a PC port of the original.

Technically it's still a sega game. It's a sega Ip. Nintendo is just willing to fund it to get an exclusive. So I don't see any reason beyond it wouldn't be in sega's best interest to port them to PC. I'd imagine the sales wouldn't justify it or at the least sega might f*ck up the ports(although Sega pc ports aren't that bad). Plus Bayonetta is the t1ts, it just has some annoying ass slow down in spots -_-

At this point. it's probably not worth the effort to port it. Guessing it has more to do with the way Platinum does business than SEGA's lack of initial desire to see it on PC, because, like you said, SEGA does solid PC ports.
#63 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

If it came to PC I think I'd buy it. Shame

#64 Posted by Young_Charter (19937 posts) -
Is it on PSN yet ?
#65 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26810 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I think I would want Vanquish more than Bayonetta. With Nintendo publishing the next one, we're probably never going to see a PC port of the original.jg4xchamp

finalfantasy94

Have you tried Anarchy Reigns? It lacks the superior presentation of Mad World(I hate the look of Anarchy Reigns), but it's kind of like a multiplayer version of that. Less environmental kills, but more combo based fighting. It's a lot of fun in mp, and kind of messy. Twas a fun rental.

I plan to give it a whirl when it drops to 20. Since it does look cool from everything iv seen.

#66 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
That's sweet, have to wait til Friday to get my hand on that. And fvck Ninja Theory.
#67 Posted by princeofshapeir (14927 posts) -

battle system is not even half as deep as DMC3-DMC4 but at least it still got dat Japanese flair even if they ruined the Metal Gear story in the process. PG should have let KojiPro handle the story and make the game less over the top.That way the game would have feel more like a Metal Gear game instead of Vanquish with swords and Kamen Riders.

Gue1
The Metal Gear story was ruined a long time ago, I'm glad Kojima is finally taking the storyline less seriously and making it purposely stupid. Pre-ordered because of that boss fight trailer.
#68 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26810 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

battle system is not even half as deep as DMC3-DMC4 but at least it still got dat Japanese flair even if they ruined the Metal Gear story in the process. PG should have let KojiPro handle the story and make the game less over the top.That way the game would have feel more like a Metal Gear game instead of Vanquish with swords and Kamen Riders.

princeofshapeir

The Metal Gear story was ruined a long time ago, I'm glad Kojima is finally taking the storyline less seriously and making it purposely stupid. Pre-ordered because of that boss fight trailer.

He changed his mind about this game being in between games so the pg wouldint have a hard time with the story and can have more freedom with it. I dont agree on the long time ago comment.

#69 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="Gue1"]

finalfantasy94

He changed his mind about this game being in between games so the pg wouldint have a hard time with the story and can have more freedom with it. I dont agree on the long time ago comment.

2008 is pretty long ago these days.
#70 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26810 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] The Metal Gear story was ruined a long time ago, I'm glad Kojima is finally taking the storyline less seriously and making it purposely stupid. Pre-ordered because of that boss fight trailer. DarkLink77

2008 is pretty long ago these days.

I see what you did there:P. Still stand by what I said.

#71 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

Lol people still mad that DmC is a good game.

deangallop
god forbid people be upset that they grew attached to something for more than just it's gameplay and it was not only taken away from them, but the new devs mocked them for it. also from what i hear, the gameplay was lacking some things like target-lock on and was a little too slow and easy.
#72 Posted by Vatusus (5061 posts) -

As excited as I am about MGR:R why the hostility towards DmC? It was a great game with good enough combat. Oh, and no. Neither madworld or Anarchy Reigns have better combat than DmC. AR is actually pretty bad for a PG game. What a disappointment. Really garbage

#73 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -
I loved the demo at first i thought it was ok but the combat system grew on me and you start to feel like a badass
#74 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

As a fan of the genre i will be getting DmC and Revengeance as well as GoW: A, and Bayonetta 2.

#75 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -

As excited as I am about MGR:R why the hostility towards DmC? It was a great game with good enough combat. Oh, and no. Neither madworld or Anarchy Reigns have better combat than DmC. AR is actually pretty bad for a PG game. What a disappointment. Really garbage

Vatusus
Initially for reactions and ultimately just to have a snappy thread title and sw material. Now because the defense force gets whiny enough that I want to do one of these threads without MGR even being part of it.
#76 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -

Why is the demo not in the PSN Store for me?

#77 Posted by Vatusus (5061 posts) -

As a fan of the genre i will be getting DmC and Revengeance as well as GoW: A, and Bayonetta 2.

zarshack

Thats the spirit ;)

Why cant we all get along?

#78 Posted by Vatusus (5061 posts) -

BPoole96

If you're european it only comes tomorrow

#79 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

Vatusus

I live in the US and my account is NA. The two most recent demos are DMC, GoW:A Beta and Sonic Racing. I can't even find a page on MGR in the store

#80 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Did they ever add an evade button? I never seen one used in the gameplay demonstrations and the thought of there not being one is a huge turn off. How in the f*ck do you make a hack n slash and not include a dodge roll or something like that?

#81 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

I live in the US and my account is NA. The two most recent demos are DMC, GoW:A Beta and Sonic Racing. I can't even find a page on MGR in the store

I'm searching through the neogaf thread, and it says the PSN demo just isn't up yet for some reason. Could be a few more hours before its up. Sorry. It should definitely be up by tomorrow.
#82 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3238 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

BPoole96

M$ paid for an 8 hr exclusive demo.

#83 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11985 posts) -

Hmmm, neither this nor the Dead Space 3 demo is out yet on PSN. Ni No Kuni isn't even available on the PS Store.

#84 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -
[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

jg4xchamp

I'm searching through the neogaf thread, and it says the PSN demo just isn't up yet for some reason. Could be a few more hours before its up. Sorry. It should definitely be up by tomorrow.

Lame, I was hoping to play it tonight. Sony fails me yet again
#85 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -

Hmmm, neither this nor the Dead Space 3 demo is out yet on PSN. Ni No Kuni isn't even available on the PS Store.

PhazonBlazer
Yeah the neogaf reactions on this are hilarious.
#86 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

Did they ever add an evade button? I never seen one used in the gameplay demonstrations and the thought of there not being one is a huge turn off. How in the f*ck do you make a hack n slash and not include a dodge roll or something like that?

Master_ShakeXXX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsMLNHB0w1I

The dodge system in this game is a bit different to executed, you press X + square at the same time, and raiden will move to the side (+ attack the enemy at the same time), consider it as a parry move.

#87 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

rjdofu

The dodge system in this game is a bit different to executed, you press X + square at the same time, and raiden will move to the side (+ attack the enemy at the same time), consider it as a parry move.

Eh, not sure how I feel about that. I'll have to try it out for myself.

#88 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

It was fun but it sure as hell doesn't have depth. It's basically Vanquish with swords, maybe the upgrades will add more to the combat system but right now it's pretty light on any traditional hack and slash elements, no dodge, the lock in isn't great, no combos (unless you have to unlock them).

Plus are people still moaning about DmC's combat? From what I've seen it's still miles ahead of this and God of War. The only way Revengeance sh*ts on Ninja Theory is by having a main character that isn't an as*hole

#89 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -

Master_ShakeXXX
The game does a terrible(demo at least) job of explaining anything. The dodge move is the two attack buttons at once, but the real thing here is the parry system. Essentially it's defense with aggression. That red flash is suppose to be your signal to be ready to parry, and the timing on that thing needs to be right. Because if you're a little early it's just a block, and if you're too late ....well that goes without saying. So your primary source of defense is an dodge attack move or parrying. Which once you have the timing down for makes kicking everyones ass so much less frustrating, and that much more satisfying when you can put together some more elaborate stuff. There is actually a lot of stuff in this demo that you need to experiment with to find out or actually look up how to do, because the demo itself isn't really explaining any of it, and the lack of a command list isn't helping matters either.
#90 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I think this game encourage blocking rather than dodging (completely different take from bayonetta), I'll have to try it as well.
#91 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -

no dodge, the lock in isn't great, no combos (unless you have to unlock them).

bobbetybob

both incorrect.

I'd say the lock on is fine. Maybe not great, but hardly anything that's terrible. Admittedly I don't really use it on standard enemies as much as I only focus on using it during the boss fight.

#92 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

rjdofu

I think this game encourage blocking rather than dodging (completely different take from bayonetta), I'll have to try it as well.

It's more about the parrying system, that boss fight without the parry is a bit of a nightmare. It reminds me of that one thing in Bayonetta that lets you deflect sh1t or whatever using essentially the same input. Can't remember the name.
#93 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

jg4xchamp
The game does a terrible(demo at least) job of explaining anything. The dodge move is the two attack buttons at once, but the real thing here is the parry system. Essentially it's defense with aggression. That red flash is suppose to be your signal to be ready to parry, and the timing on that thing needs to be right. Because if you're a little early it's just a block, and if you're too late ....well that goes without saying. So your primary source of defense is an dodge attack move or parrying. Which once you have the timing down for makes kicking everyones ass so much less frustrating, and that much more satisfying when you can put together some more elaborate stuff. There is actually a lot of stuff in this demo that you need to experiment with to find out or actually look up how to do, because the demo itself isn't really explaining any of it, and the lack of a command list isn't helping matters either.

Hm that's rather odd, is there anything sort of introduction or move list?
#94 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

jg4xchamp

It's more about the parrying system, that boss fight without the parry is a bit of a nightmare. It reminds me of that one thing in Bayonetta that lets you deflect sh1t or whatever using essentially the same input. Can't remember the name.

Yeah the moon of something, but you don't have to press any action button to execute that (only directional input). Can you spam the dodging move in this game?
#95 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

rjdofu

There is a tutorial that explains how to do the slow mo sh1t. That's literally the only thing the game actually lets you practice. The parry it actually just gives you the button prompts, but never really shows you how it works in a controlled environment. As someone who prefers games that teach you how to play more through their game design, and less through tutorials....I gotta say the game sincerely needed a better tutorial(although hooray they did make it optional).
#96 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -
[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="rjdofu"] I think this game encourage blocking rather than dodging (completely different take from bayonetta), I'll have to try it as well.

Yeah the moon of something, but you don't have to press any action button to execute that (only directional input). Can you spam the dodging move in this game?

Give me a minute to try it out lol.
#97 Posted by DarkLink77 (31821 posts) -

jg4xchamp

That's really odd, considering that Bayonetta, even in the demo, was really good at teaching you how to play.
#98 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

jg4xchamp

Sounds kind of counter-intuitive. I'll Try the demo out once it goes up on PSN.

#99 Posted by jg4xchamp (49501 posts) -
You can, but you're giving up a lot of time. It's a pretty elaborate motion.
#100 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] The game does a terrible(demo at least) job of explaining anything. The dodge move is the two attack buttons at once, but the real thing here is the parry system. Essentially it's defense with aggression. That red flash is suppose to be your signal to be ready to parry, and the timing on that thing needs to be right. Because if you're a little early it's just a block, and if you're too late ....well that goes without saying. So your primary source of defense is an dodge attack move or parrying. Which once you have the timing down for makes kicking everyones ass so much less frustrating, and that much more satisfying when you can put together some more elaborate stuff. There is actually a lot of stuff in this demo that you need to experiment with to find out or actually look up how to do, because the demo itself isn't really explaining any of it, and the lack of a command list isn't helping matters either.

There is a tutorial that explains how to do the slow mo sh1t. That's literally the only thing the game actually lets you practice. The parry it actually just gives you the button prompts, but never really shows you how it works in a controlled environment. As someone who prefers games that teach you how to play more through their game design, and less through tutorials....I gotta say the game sincerely needed a better tutorial(although hooray they did make it optional).

Man fvck that sh!t, that move is the last thing I wanna do in this game. From some videos i've seen it just breaks the combat rhythm, but I assume you have to do a certain damage before you can successfully cut your foes.