Returned PS4 Reserve for GTA V PS3 Bundle & Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Hear me out before you other reservists start flaming, because i will eventually get a PS4.

I've been gaming over 30 years and i've been through new console releases plenty of times, and they always take six months to a year to establish a good library of games to choose from, and time to generate used games for the discount buyer.

For the first year or so there will only be a majority of $60 games and almost no $50 to $55 games, let alone a wide variety of games to choose from.

So right now i got a 500gb new model PS3 with GTA-V included for $269, plus with my remaining PS4 credit i was able to get 9 more PS3 games, not to mention the 50 games already on my PSN account nearly half of which are full PS3 games.

So for now i believe this is the wiser choice, and as the year mark approaches that the PS4 has been released, then the new and used library should be more substantial and have a more varied selection.

For those who disagree with this logic, well all i can say is you must have money to burn, the rest of us don't.

Right now i can get the Resistance trilogy, God of War 5 pack and Uncharted trilogy for $30 each, not to mention plenty of other PS3 franchises and multiplats dirt cheap, so as far as the wallet and selection go it is the smarter move.

chapnzaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 chapnzaba
Member since 2005 • 2302 Posts
Not a bad move at all, PS3 still has a lot of life left in it.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

Okay.

ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

Blog it, and who cares? :P

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Actually did the same thing earlier this month. Canceled my PS4 Preorder from Gamestop and got a 250GB SuperSlim, with The Last of Us. Also fully payed off GTA5, right now the PS4 doesn't have anything that interests me first party wise at launch, and I would rather play the Third Party games on PC. The Last of Us Multiplayer, has been a blast and I haven't even touched the Singleplayer because of it.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

This isn't a place to post blog-style posts.