RETRO BATTLE: GameCube vs Xbox

• 178 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

Poll RETRO BATTLE: GameCube vs Xbox (136 votes)

Gamecube 55%
Xbox 43%

The PlayStation 2 (deservedly) won its generation- it was far and away the best console of its generation. But what was the next in line?

The GameCube and Xbox were both incredible consoles, packing powerful hardware, unique controllers, an emphasis on multiplayer gaming, some incredible, quirky exclusives, and just a general approach to gaming that has since been largely lost. The question is... which one of them was better?

VS.

These were both incredible machines. Both were far and away more powerful than either the PlayStation 2 or Dreamcast, both had an emphasis on multiplayer gaming (Xbox emphasized online gaming, GameCube favored local multiplayer); the Xbox emphasized heavy multimedia support (it was the first system to come with a hard drive included), while the Gamecube was probably the first instance of a company trying to build an 'ecosystem' for its products (with its emphasis on Gameboy Advance-GameCube interactivity and connectivity). Both had some great controllers (the original Duke controller for the Xbox was a monstrosity, but the later 'S' design was a thing of beauty, and would go on to evolve into the Xbox 360 controller, arguably the greatest controller ever made; meanwhile, the GameCube controller and the pioneering wireless Wavebird controllers are probably the greatest controllers ever made).

Both had tons of quirky games (Jet Set Radio Future, Shenmue, Killer 7, Ikagura), incredible exclusives, and both were gems of systems. Time has been kind to both of them- while the PS2 completely dominated the mindshare and discussion in its era, the Xbox and GameCube are now more 'mysterious,' and they are remembered for their incredible libraries holistically, as well as their achievements, instead of for their struggling sales and droughts.

Here's a list of twenty best games on each system (games available on both the systems are not listed), in my opinion (not in ranked order):

XBOX:

1. Halo: Combat Evolved
  2. Shenmue II
  3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  5. Fable
  6. Forza Motorsport
  7. Halo 2
  8. Project Gotham Racing
  9. Jet Set Radio Future
  10. Conker Live and Reloaded
  11. Doom 3
  12. Dead or Alive 3
  13. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  14. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  15. Ninja Gaiden Black
  16. Panzer Dragoon Orta
  17. Crimson Skies
  18. Star Wars Battlefront 2
  19. Jade Empire
  20. The Chronicles of Riddick

GAMECUBE:

1. Metroid Prime
  2. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
  3. Resident Evil 4
  4. Viewtiful Joe
  5. Killer7
  6. Tales of Symphonia
  7. Super Smash Bros. Melee
  8. F-Zero GX
  9. Pikmin 2
  10. Mario Kart: Double Dash
  11. Resident Evil Remake
  12. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  13. Star Wars Rogue Squadron: Rogue Leader
  14. Baten Kaitos
  15. Animal Crossing
  16. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  17. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  18. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  19. Timesplitters 2
  20. Phantasy Star Online

Of course, none of these lists even do justice to the full libraries- so many more games (Midtown Madness 3, Star Fox Assault, Super Monkey Ball) aren't even listed here. But it's just a snapshot of what these consoles were like.

So, which one of these two consoles do you think was the better one? Ultimately both were great, but if you had to pick just one, which one would it be? And why?

• 
lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

Idea stolen from neogaf

neogaf>Internet>SW

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Gamecube had REmake, RE4, TTS, Luigi's Mansion and SSBM. Gamecube wins.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts
@Suppaman100 said:

Gamecube was the better console of the two without a doubt.

It hat REmake, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Eternal Darkness, Tales of Symphonia and a great remake of Skies of Arcadia.

Meanwhile Xbox had some good shooters and some racing games that's it. Also Kotor and Shenmue 2 of course but not enough to redeem itself.

But who cares, PS2 sh*ts on both in every way possible. It's like comparing trash with gold.

Eternal Darkness and Zelda TP was great, REmake was a bit of a waste imo. The first RE is the worst. Everyone thinks RE 2 deserves it much more. I'll still go back and play that. Also RE Zero was awesome.

Wind Waker wasn't for me. And the rest is good for the RPG fans sure.

Xbox didn't need to redeem itself. It had so many awesome games, also it brought over a load of the PC devs as well.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 HalcyonScarlet

@FastRobby said:

I had a N64 but then went for an Xbox, never looked back, oh wait not true, I bought the wii also, worst buy ever.

It's good at Amazon Instant and Netflix at least.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

It hat REmake, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Eternal Darkness, Tales of Symphonia and a great remake of Skies of Arcadia.

Meanwhile Xbox had some good shooters and some racing games that's it. Also Kotor and Shenmue 2 of course but not enough to redeem itself.

But who cares, PS2 sh*ts on both in every way possible. It's like comparing trash with gold.

Eternal Darkness and Zelda TP was great, REmake was a bit of a waste imo. The first RE is the worst. Everyone thinks RE 2 deserves it much more. I'll still go back and play that. Also RE Zero was awesome.

Xbox didn't need to redeem itself. It had so many awesome games, also it brought over a load of the PC devs as well.

Well if you're a dudebro gamer then Xbox was the better one. Gamecube had a lot more variety and more quality exclusives.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 HalcyonScarlet

@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

Well if you're a dudebro gamer then Xbox was the better one. Gamecube had a lot more variety and more quality exclusives.

Uninformed fanboy response, I owned both and got everything I could get my hands on for both and the GC didn't have more variety at all, it's a poor nostalgic stereotype that doesn't stack up. I could play anything I wanted on the Xbox including multiplats that weren't even on the GC.

On top of that, in the UK the Xbox had full PAL60 mode for EVERYTHING day one, while the GC was still fuckin around here and there with 50Hz mode (games ran 17.5% slower), in fact Nintendo continued this trend with the Wii. Super Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary runs in at 50Hz mode on the freakin Wii. it's embarrassing. It's hard to accept that Nintendo even respects gamers with this shit still going on.

Loading Video...

So if you could imagine, all our NES, SNES, N64 and half the GC games were slowed done by that much. And Nintendo still had the nerve to give us 50Hz content on the Wii as well.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 HalcyonScarlet

@FastRobby said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@FastRobby said:

I had a N64 but then went for an Xbox, never looked back, oh wait not true, I bought the wii also, worst buy ever.

It's good at Amazon Instant and Netflix at least.

I'm not American so that doesn't really do anything for me :D

Neither am I lol, but we still get that stuff in the UK :-)

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Suppaman100

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

Uninformed fanboy response, I owned both and got everything I could get my hands on for both and the GC didn't have more variety at all, it's a poor nostalgic stereotype that doesn't stack up. I could play anything I wanted on the Xbox including multiplats that weren't even on the GC.

On top of that, in the UK the Xbox had full PAL60 mode for EVERYTHING day one, while the GC was still fuckin around here and there with 50Hz mode (games ran 17.5% slower), in fact Nintendo continued this trend with the Wii. Super Mario All Stars 25th Anniversary runs in at 50Hz mode on the freakin Wii. it's embarrassing. It's hard to accept that Nintendo even respects gamers with this shit still going on.

Loading Video...

So if you could imagine, all our NES, SNES, N64 and half the GC games were slowed done by that much. And Nintendo still had the nerve to give us 50Hz content on the Wii as well.

Wow, so your top argument is the 60HZ mode of Xbox? Lol

Just face it Gamecube had more variety and better exclusives. Xbox had superior multiplayer with Halo though.

Anyway who cares, PS2 sh*ts on both of them.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HalcyonScarlet
@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

Loading Video...

Just face it Gamecube had more variety and better exclusives. Xbox had superior multiplayer with Halo though.

lol, that was the bottom argument, it just made a shit situation way worse. The Xbox had better everything... deal with it lol.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Suppaman100

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

Loading Video...

lol, that was the bottom argument, it just made a shit situation way worse. The Xbox had better everything... deal with it lol.

*Looks at poll*

Most people don't agree with you...deal with it lol.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

Loading Video...

*Looks at poll*

lol the 5 lems that are left vs sheep and cows. Yeah, I can trust that poll.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Suppaman100

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

Loading Video...

*Looks at poll*

Love your damage control.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

No battle the xbox was better all around and it was online.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#65  Edited By Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I was not impressed with the Xbox because a lot of games froze up during cut scenes and had a ton of frame rate issues; Otogi 2 was unplayable on mine. I probably received a defective console late in the generation, but while there were a couple of really great/impressive games all were bogged down by the piece of shit hardware I received. It's a shame that the 360 isn't fully backwards compatible because my favorite games on the system cannot be played, especially Otogi and Oddworld Stranger's Wrath.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34469 Posts

GameCube is my favourite console of all consoles.

So GameCube. :P

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45996 Posts

The gamecube had less games, but it had better games.

The only game I wanted to play on Xbox was Halo. While on Gamecube there were many more like Mario Kart, Eternal Darkness, Zelda: WW, ...

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44942 Posts

I remember the original Xbox controller lol. Don't know why they thought people had such huge hands.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@SolidGame_basic said:

I remember the original Xbox controller lol. Don't know why they thought people had such huge hands.

Not everybody has little girl hands it was made for adult males.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

My time with the GC was limited but Xbox it is. That thing was a beast for its time. Halo, NG, KOTOR, Oddworld and so on. I loved that monolithic lump.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@Floppy_Jim said:

My time with the GC was limited but Xbox it is. That thing was a beast for its time. Halo, NG, KOTOR, Oddworld and so on. I loved that monolithic lump.

It was never maxed out either died before it's time.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 44942 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Then why was it replaced?

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6056 Posts

GameCube in every way, especially the controller (I don't know why they ditched it)

Got an og Xbox at launch it was the worst purchase ever since I didn't care for fps or sports games at the time. Only thing I mostly played was fable, doa 3 and jade empire.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

GCN > DC > Xbox > PS2.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Seabas989 said:

Back then: PS2 >>> GC> Xbox

Now: PS2 = GC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xbox

Whatever. I was on GS back then, the XBox was the envy of the generation. It had the best graphics, the best online experience, a HDD, the best controller (Controller S), the list went on. The only reason the GC even kept up with it in sales was because MS sold like 100 XBox's in Japan compared to Nintendo selling several million GC in Japan.

Ironically,

• "cows" back then said "gameplay trumps graphics", but the new gen cows seem to be the biggest graphics whores ever.
  • "Lemmings" back then were all about "teh most powerful console".

And yes, I wasn on GS back then. My original account "dabear" is that old.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By no-scope-AK47

@SolidGame_basic said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

Then why was it replaced?

Most gamers are kids with tiny hands also the average height of Americans is going down. Add in the world market with even more tiny people and even smaller kids you need a smaller controller. Personally I loved the duke I said finally a pad for guys over six feet tall. Then they dumped it as soon as all the kids started cry so majority rules.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It's close, but I would go with the Xbox because it had NGB and Halo: CE. I actually preferred the Xbox to the PS2, though that certainly would not have been the case if I would have had a gaming PC at that time.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I cannot believe people think the Gamecube wasn't better than the Xbox. They were both good consoles but mah Gawd.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 PurpleMan5000

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I cannot believe people think the Gamecube wasn't better than the Xbox. They were both good consoles but mah Gawd.

The GC had more good games, but the Xbox had the 2 best games of its generation. It's a really tough call.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Suppaman100

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

The GC had more good games, but the Xbox had the 2 best games of its generation. It's a really tough call.

2 best games of its generation? LOL if you mention Halo.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 PurpleMan5000

@Suppaman100 said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

2 best games of its generation? LOL if you mention Halo.

Halo: Combat Evolved and Ninja Gaiden: Black. I should have clarified that statement. I meant 2 best console games. The PC had Far Cry and Civ 4.

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

I loved the Gamecube and had one before I got an Xbox, but, Xbox Live wins this for Xbox on its own.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9477 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@WitIsWisdom said:

Xbox wins. Morrowind and KOTOR alone are enough for me to give it overall.. The best titles on it beat the best titles on the Gamecube in my opinion, and the amount of good titles far eclipse that of the Gamecube. The GC didn't sell well for a reason.. the amount of people acting as though they loved it are funny. A handful of good games does not make a great console when it has a small library and not much else going for it.

By the way... the GC controller sucks..

Er... the Gamecube and Xbox sold pretty much the exact same amount, so your argument would fall apart.

@jg4xchamp said:

I love Combat Evolved, but all timers? not sure. It would be in the Crimson Skies/Thousand Year Door tier I guess. Fantastic, memorable, but guaranteed a spot on my all time list like RE4, Prime, and NGB? Nah. Them games I have to think about it. I don't need to think about it with MP, RE4, and NGB.

Ah. Yeah, you used to speak pretty highly of CE a few years ago, that probably threw me off lol.

How does my argument fall apart? Nintendo had huge name brand on their side in a battle against a new comer... not to mention that the Xbox and PS2 were more head to head competition which should have only helped GC sales... Nintendo has never really been in direct competition with either SONY or Xbox brand. They were however in a battle with SEGA over the years, and SONY tried to push back with some lovable mascots, but never hit the nail on the head like Nintendo or SEGA.

Like EVERY generation I owned all three (well, 4 at this time) ... Gamecube in my opinion was the beginning of Nintendo's decline in the console industry..... N64 wasn't much better overall (if any).

The NES, and SNES are the two best Nintendo consoles. Am I saying that Nintendo hasn't put out some GREAT games in recent years? No, of course not... but not nearly as many since then the good old days. I am still hoping that Nintendo can release a knock out punch with a console that one day will be talked together with the NES and SNES.

Comparing sales of Nintendo's 4th console, to Microsoft's 1st console knowing that Dreamcast was dying, and opened the market more for Nintendo, and taking into consideration that the PS2 had a one year head start on the Xbox and was ALEADY dominating console and game sales are key factors here. Nintendo sales should have smothered Xbox sales.... they didn't because the GC was not a great console... at the time everyone knew it... but why.. Was it a bad console? No.. there was a lack of compelling games to play... however, like many things retro it has grown to somehow be something "everyone loved" strangely enough though no one bought back in its own time... Well not nobody... I know I did. ;)

Like I said... A handful of great titles in an otherwise underwhelming and small library of games just didn't cut it. As much as I hate to admit it, a larger library (despite the quality of titles) would have pushed sales. Just look at the Wii and the bucket loads of shovelware it has...

Now take a look at the WiiU... small library with some great games... but it is dying.. just like the GC... but WHY? Simple.... Needs MORE games.. and I'm not talking about the same old Mario, Zelda, Metroid.. like always. Sadly enough a bucket full of shovelware (relatively speaking) would move consoles like hotcakes... you think Nintendo would have learned that. One persons trash is another's treasure and where the Wii pushed the boundaries of what can even be considered a game (just like the PS2... hmmm)... the WiiU has taken 3 steps back.. which is sad, because just like the GC had potential, the WiiU has potential.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1104 Posts

This topic makes me depressed. Both of these consoles are so much better than anything offered today.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#85 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Boils down to what exclusives you prefer and how knowledgeable you are regarding the strength of each library. I'll go with the OG Xbox. I love the SEGA exclusives, then there's Ninja Gaiden Black, Halo 1/2 (PC port aside, they're best played on the OG Xbox, in my opinion), Project Gotham Racing 2, Otogi 1 & 2.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#86 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

xbox because of kotor and kotor2

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Lucianu

@charizard1605 said:
  1. Halo: Combat Evolved
  2. Shenmue II
  3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
  4. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
  5. Fable
  6. Forza Motorsport
  7. Halo 2
  8. Project Gotham Racing
  9. Jet Set Radio Future
  10. Conker Live and Reloaded
  11. Doom 3
  12. Dead or Alive 3
  13. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  14. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  15. Ninja Gaiden Black
  16. Panzer Dragoon Orta
  17. Crimson Skies
  18. Star Wars Battlefront 2
  19. Jade Empire
  20. The Chronicles of Riddick

I know it's your opinion, but in my opinion i wouldn't call that a solid list by any stretch of the imagination. A chunk of those can be played on a toaster of a PC in HD & with better performance and mods.

Here's my definitive list of games that can be enjoyed today, and is worth purchasing an OG Xbox for, in no order:

• Halo 1 & 2 (local MP not on the PC versions)
  • Panzer Dragoon Orta
  • Jet Set Radio Future
  • GunValkyrie
  • Outrun 2
  • Ninja Gaiden Black
  • Otogi: Myth of Demons & Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
  • Phantom Dust
  • Shenmue 2
  • Dead or Alive: Ultimate Edition (better than DoA3, and more advanced graphically)
  • Soul Calibur 2 (720p enabled)
  • Project Gotham Racing 2
  • Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge
  • Fatal Frame 1 & 2 (vastly improved over the PS2 versions, with better graphics, gameplay tweaks and exclusive content)
  • Genma Onimusha

Also, concerning your Gamecube list, Phantasy Star Online and Timesplitters 2 (and 3) are also on the OG Xbox.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Lucianu

@jg4xchamp said:

@charizard1605 said:

Well, Adventure and Assault both had polarizing responses (and I do give Assault a shoutout), so i decided to forego them over games that I knew were more universally well received.

I mean, the Gamecube list, for example, is still missing Pikmin, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door... I was trying to represent a diverse lineup for both consoles, all said and done.

Yeah but Assault sucked more. Adventures was just a decent Zelda game with Fox.

On topic: Game

Because

Gamecube had

1: Metroid Prime

2: Resident Evil 4

Xbox Only had

1: Ninja Gaiden Black

Ergo Gamecube wins.

Xbox had

1. Halo: CE

2. Silent Hill 2

Then there's Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, GunValkyrie and the aforementioned Ninja Gaiden Black. And motherfucking Outrun 2, Burnout 3: Takedown, Fatal Frame 1 & 2, Project Gotham Racing 2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

Eternal Darkness FTW, though KOTOR was great too.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12056 Posts

So sad that most didn't own both. I did and the Xbox was truly something innovative and special. Hardrive capabilities, XMBC, Halo console linkage, LIVE (NFL 2K Leagues were awesome), and the best multiplats of the generation.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Gamecube, mainly because I didn't get an Xbox until very late into its lifespan and already had several Gamecube games by then, it was not long after I got an Xbox I upgraded to the 360.

There were some games I really enjoyed that were exclusive to the Gamecube

Zelda Windwaker

Resident Evil Remake

Eternal Darkness

Metriod Prime

Pokemon Colossuem

F-Zero GX

Metal Gear Twin Snakes

Resident Evil 0

Paper Mario

Aside from the exclusives I got a few Multiplats on it like Gun, Conflict Desert Storm, DragonBall Z games, Medal Of Honour. Although the game didn't have many Multiplats compared to Ps2/Xbox.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts
@princessgomez92 said:

Gamecube. Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil, Wind Waker, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime 2, F-Zero GX.....Hnnnnnnnngggggg

Yup. Throw in Tales of Symphonia and call it a wrap.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Xbox by far, Gamecube was terribe, it suffered severely from game droughts. No good games until certain period of the years and that meant usually the end of the year. While Xbox introduced Xbox Live with one best MP games ive played Halo 2.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#94 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38662 Posts

gc

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#95 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I voted Xbox, but both were amazing and very underrated systems. At least better than PS2, and this is coming from someone who loved the first Playstation!

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Suppaman100

@PAL360 said:

I voted Xbox, but both were amazing and very underrated systems. At least better than PS2, and this is coming from someone who loved the first Playstation!

Better than PS2?

Is this a joke?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#97 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@PAL360 said:

Better than PS2?

Is this a joke?

Opinions, man, how do they work?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#98 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:
@PAL360 said:

Better than PS2?

Is this a joke?

Oh, whoopity freaking do. Some people don't hold the PS2 as high regard as their competition. I surely don't. Call me a sheep, but it doesn't stop the fact that I'd still take the GameCube over the PS2 as much as I love it (Gauntlet Dark Legacy, Tekken 5, Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Beyond Good and Evil, and 007: Everything or Nothing are some of my favorites on the system)

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#99  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@PAL360 said:

Better than PS2?

Is this a joke?

It's my opinion.

I think that PS2 and PS3 are two of the most overrated systems ever made, which is curious, since PS1 and PS4 are two of my favourite!

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@Suppaman100 said:

Loading Video...

*Looks at poll*

Love your damage control.

Oh thanks, I love your too.