Respawn say no to 1080p Titanfall

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by RedentSC (916 posts) -

Vince Zampella Twitter

Sorry lems.. it appears to a late upgrade to 1080 just wont happy :(

Sorry if its old/repost

#2 Edited by NFJSupreme (5387 posts) -

As long as the final pc version looks better than it did in beta I'll be happy.

#3 Posted by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

Do you have a link to the actual twitter account? This seems weird.

#4 Posted by Shewgenja (10363 posts) -

Secret Sauce... DENIED.

#5 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

No lem realistically expected 1080p, final resolution either 792p or 900p. Still higher than the 720p cows are praying for roflmao

#6 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

The Lems just can't catch a break. They should have just stayed with their Xbox 360's.

#7 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

everyone already know about titanfall you ignoramus

#8 Posted by lostrib (41234 posts) -

That's odd, I played the beta in 1080p

#9 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@lostrib said:

me too, 792p upscaled to 1080p awwwww yisss

#10 Posted by lostrib (41234 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@lostrib said:

lol, no

#11 Posted by MK-Professor (3862 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

@lostrib said:

me too, 360p upscaled to 1440p awwwww yisss

#12 Posted by santoron (7894 posts) -

There goes that rumor

#13 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

What a disgrace. There goes the secret sauce and lems hopes and dreams. TLHBO.

#14 Edited by kingtito (5156 posts) -

Old news and no one cares....except for cows. They seem to care more about the XOne than the PS4. Guess that happens when all you have is an upgraded PS3.

#15 Posted by Heil68 (46442 posts) -

Real shame that is I tell you.

#16 Edited by misterpmedia (4218 posts) -

Seriously, if Cboat ends up being vindicated then the thread that works its way up on here is going to be gloriously salty. I bet 900p, 792p is a ridiculous resolution to keep at, why not just roll it back down to 720p?

#17 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (8655 posts) -

Lol another Titanfall thread. The sticky is gone. Feel free to create all the Atlas glory!!!!

#18 Posted by WG_McFartypants (233 posts) -

Well, crap, can't possibly enjoy it now.

#19 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10735 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

Wolfenstein & Murdered: Soul Suspect both are 1080P....funny how that gets overlooked.

#20 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

It's surprising the game can't do 1080p and 60fps considering how dated some of the assets are but hey as long as the framerate stays consistently high then that's the most important thing.

#21 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

absolutely not a problem. after all a highly anticipated playstation game isn't 1080P either.

#22 Edited by RedentSC (916 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin: Yeah also considering its running in source... source god damn it... my 5 year old laptop can run that at 1080p 60fps

#23 Edited by KiZZo1 (3965 posts) -

sane people will get it on PC ...

#24 Posted by iwasgood2u (826 posts) -

Ok folks give lemming 792p so they have something to cheer about

#25 Edited by PonchoTaco (2467 posts) -

@lostrib said:

#26 Posted by StormyJoe (6355 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Secret Sauce... DENIED.

Really? Titanfall is pretty much a launch title. It's too late in it's development cycle to an updated SKU.

#27 Posted by tormentos (19638 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Old news and no one cares....except for cows. They seem to care more about the XOne than the PS4. Guess that happens when all you have is an upgraded PS3.

This was posted today.

No they make so much fun of the xbox one for its short comings after all the sh** MS pulled on its fans..hahaha

Many people claimed that the game looked bad because it was early last month the beta hit and the game still looked like crap and the excuse of Alpha was pull from the bag Alpha 1 month from launch,lol and now the game is 792p and is not 60FPS lock,when you are on a titan the action drops to 35 and runs mostly at 40 FPS.

But i guess that happen when all you have is a console that barely can be all an upgrade..lol

#28 Posted by millerlight89 (18641 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

It's surprising the game can't do 1080p and 60fps considering how dated some of the assets are but hey as long as the framerate stays consistently high then that's the most important thing.

Sad thing is, the beta was pretty damn choppy ion terms of fps.

#29 Posted by cantloginnow (289 posts) -

They said no Titanfall for the PS4 too.Thats all that matters and thats what these threads are all about.Mad,disappointed Cows with no games to play and nothing coming anytime soon.Hyping resolutions as though they are the games they been waiting for.Sad really.

#30 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

@millerlight89 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Sad thing is, the beta was pretty damn choppy ion terms of fps.

On PC too at times, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt I guess on that one. I'm hoping it will be silk at launch

#31 Posted by cainetao11 (18785 posts) -

And it wont matter when I'm playing and enjoying it.

#32 Edited by Wasdie (50491 posts) -

I don't even know why the devs even bother to respond to the resolution battle. Digital Foundary can figure it out after the game launches. The devs don't have to bother playing that game, it just generates negative press for their game.

I highly doubt people excited for Titanfall are going to lose interest and not purchase just because the game isn't at 1080p on the Xbox One. I'm pretty sure that's the last thing that will hurt the game.

#33 Edited by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

Have to say resolution is not a deciding factor for me when I choose a game to buy.

#34 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@I_can_haz said:

Wolfenstein & Murdered: Soul Suspect both are 1080P....funny how that gets overlooked.

Both look like games from 2004. Try again.

#35 Posted by Bishop1310 (1174 posts) -

OMG DAT RESOLUTION OMG....... shut up you little girls and just play your games.

#36 Posted by tyloss (846 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@Shewgenja said:

Secret Sauce... DENIED.

Really? Titanfall is pretty much a launch title. It's too late in it's development cycle to an updated SKU.

Keep telling yourself that.

#37 Posted by COVAtheNOVA (197 posts) -

And it will still get 9s and 10s across the board. I know, I know. Great reviews and awards, plus gamers liking the game pales in comparison to the the extra 180ps Titanfall likely won't have, LOL!

#38 Posted by iwasgood2u (826 posts) -

I guess we wont be seeing lemmings post screenshots of gameplays because it will be too embarrasing and disappointing to look at

#39 Posted by musicalmac (23358 posts) -

We still have a sticky.