Resolutiongate coming to an end soon?????

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kbanna said:

If that is the case then you and all the other Sony fans have nothing to worry about. But you telling me 4 months in to a new Generation "why don you get that?" is laughable. Time will tell. Specs don't lie, but the utilization of those specs is what I question.

Both machines have 8g RAM...but Sony took 3.5g for os, while MS currently has 3g reserved and about to give more back to Dev from what I understand. DX12 will supposedly help the X1 free up cpu load and it already has a more powerful theoretical cpu output on paper . The specs tell one story, the utilization of what's there could tell another.

Is MS full of crap?? Maybe. But like I said I'm not going to write off their tech 4 months into a generation. You can if you want. Free country. Again, if the Gap does not close , NOT IN SPECS, but in the final multiplat outputs by the end of the yea,r I will be the first to concede. Trust.

Problem is your questioning the wrong ones,the xbox one is weaker with a more complex memory setup which in nothing imply is better,i have to say this because some of you actually associate the word difficult with powerful or with the fact that it will unleash something latter on which isn't the case.

The PS4 is stronger,better design,has faster memory and abundant not just 32MB,is HSA and hUMA on its true forms,not some crappy work around that is not true form,with those things running against it the xbox one can't win that part period it just can't.

It not just power alone it way more than that.

The OS on the PS4 uses 3GB not 3.5 there is memory that can be use as well which is not tied to the OS,not to mention that sony did this to play it safe the PS4 in no way consume that much ram,where did you hear that MS will give more to the developers.? Is that another invention of yours.?

The PS4 already has a tool like DX 12 is call LibGNM and DX on xbox one already has some of those features to don't expect miracles from DX 12,why else you think the PS4 beat the xbox one on engine like substance?

Fun fact the xbox one CPU is 100mhz faster yet the PS4 one performs better odd isn't.? Yeah that is what happen when you run 3 OS,since running OS Hyper V has a 9 to 12% CPU cost as well HDD cost as well,maybe that is why xbox one games take so long to install,this is not invented by me is based on MS own measurements on Hyper V.

Oh and the PS4 hasn't even switch into heavy compute which will save even more CPU time,Physics on Killzone were done on the CPU,those will be done by compute on GPU which would free even more resources.

@StrongBlackVine said:

The Crew devs intentionally gimped the PS4 and said as much. I will never buy a game that does this. We will see how Destiny, Batman, Assassin's Creed etc compare this Fall...

They even gimped the PC version..

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kbanna said:

If that is the case then you and all the other Sony fans have nothing to worry about. But you telling me 4 months in to a new Generation "why don you get that?" is laughable. Time will tell. Specs don't lie, but the utilization of those specs is what I question.

Both machines have 8g RAM...but Sony took 3.5g for os, while MS currently has 3g reserved and about to give more back to Dev from what I understand. DX12 will supposedly help the X1 free up cpu load and it already has a more powerful theoretical cpu output on paper . The specs tell one story, the utilization of what's there could tell another.

Is MS full of crap?? Maybe. But like I said I'm not going to write off their tech 4 months into a generation. You can if you want. Free country. Again, if the Gap does not close , NOT IN SPECS, but in the final multiplat outputs by the end of the yea,r I will be the first to concede. Trust.

Problem is your questioning the wrong ones,the xbox one is weaker with a more complex memory setup which in nothing imply is better,i have to say this because some of you actually associate the word difficult with powerful or with the fact that it will unleash something latter on which isn't the case.

The PS4 is stronger,better design,has faster memory and abundant not just 32MB,is HSA and hUMA on its true forms,not some crappy work around that is not true form,with those things running against it the xbox one can't win that part period it just can't.

The OS on the PS4 uses 3GB not 3.5 there is memory that can be use as well which is not tied to the OS,not to mention that sony did this to play it safe the PS4 in no way consume that much ram,where did you hear that MS will give more to the developers.? Is that another invention of yours.?

The PS4 already has a tool like DX 12 is call LibGNM and DX on xbox one already has some of those features to don't expect miracles from DX 12,why else you think the PS4 beat the xbox one on engine like substance?

Fun fact the xbox one CPU is 100mhz faster yet the PS4 one performs better odd isn't.? Yeah that is what happen when you run 3 OS,since running OS Hyper V has a 9 to 12% CPU cost as well HDD cost as well,maybe that is why xbox one games take so long to install,this is not invented by me is based on MS own measurements on Hyper V.

Oh and the PS4 hasn't even switch into heavy compute which will save even more CPU time,Physics on Killzone were done on the CPU,those will be done by compute on GPU which would free even more resources.

@StrongBlackVine said:

The Crew devs intentionally gimped the PS4 and said as much. I will never buy a game that does this. We will see how Destiny, Batman, Assassin's Creed etc compare this Fall...

Old test will produce better results for old technology.

Xbox One CPU are modified. Plus Xbox One has massive CPU offload.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@lglz1337 said:

a race game...LOL

And shooters. Sniper Elite 3, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Soul Suspect, Dying Light and more to come.

All 1080p native. lol!! But..but the SDK won't make a difference. Wait until DX12 is fully enabled.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kbanna said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Ok dude, like I said I'll give it to the end of the year. We can sit hear and speculate how things will play out for hours. I know I heard similar boasts all last gen and in the end the differences were not as pronounced as the "experts" suggested. I'm not gonna attempt to convince you otherwise.

I'm gonna wait and see. You continue to do what you need to do. Again if by the end of the year the multiplats still continue to be better on the PS4 then I will concede the point.

kbanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By kbanna
Member since 2011 • 741 Posts

@blackace said:
@lglz1337 said:

a race game...LOL

And shooters. Sniper Elite 3, Wolfenstein: The New Order, Soul Suspect, Dying Light and more to come.

All 1080p native. lol!! But..but the SDK won't make a difference. Wait until DX12 is fully enabled.

Didn't you here??? None of these matter cause they are all weak or held back the ps4 version in some way. If Dev made these games and FULLY utilized the ps4 they would be 1440p native games. Trust me..the more games that show parity, the more the bar will move.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Can't wait until Driveclub is running at 30FPS. Hahhahahaha Tormentos you are going to be OWNED! Hahahahahaha

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@blackace said:
@lglz1337 said:

a race game...LOL

With the Discreet GPU, DX12, Cloud and ESRAMs powers combined they become CAPTAIN PLANET!

Go Planet!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#108 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@kbanna said:

@blackace said:
@lglz1337 said:

a race game...LOL

Didn't you here??? None of these matter cause they are all weak or held back the ps4 version in some way. If Dev made these games and FULLY utilized the ps4 they would be 1440p native games. Trust me..the more games that show parity, the more the bar will move.

They aren't being held back if both games are 1080P 60fps/30fps. LOL!! Any PS4 game at 1440 native would run at 5-10fps. lol!! Stop listening to stupid cows who will make up any excuse to make the XB1 seem worse then it is. lol!! Listen to the company who make the hardware and software tools (AMD, NVidia, Intel, M$) and not the biased fanboy who are running around here in Panic Mode.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

Just because the xbox one version is 1080p doesn't mean it has parity you fool,Tomb Raider is 1080p on xbox one and carry the biggest recorded gap between both consoles foo..

Up to 30 FPS faster on PS4 while having better textures and better effects,is like the xbox one had a 7770 and the PS4 a 7950..That big the gap is on Tomb Raider.

When those games arrive will see the xbox one can achieve 1080p it has been doing it since launch but it has a cost,and the the xbox one already has some DX features and still Watch Dogs is not confirmed to be 1080p why is that.?

DX12 has nothing on LibGNM lemming,and online DX the PS4 doesn't have to wait until holiday 2015..lol

@kbanna said:

The xbox one has 1080p games since launch and the Crew is a testament of how some developers are not pushing graphics,not even the PC version was push,oh NFS as well the same sh** on PC as well held back by consoles..lol

Not every damn game is a graphics pinnacle that push performance to their edge many are regular games which would run just equally on both platforms NFS is a testament to that as well as some sports games as well.

@xhawk27 said:

Can't wait until Driveclub is running at 30FPS. Hahhahahaha Tormentos you are going to be OWNED! Hahahahahaha

Why did i say it would be 60FPS lock.?

Drive Club doesn't use PS2 cardboard people as spectators like Forza 5 does after demoing the game with polygonal spectators...Downgrade FTW..lol

@blackace said:

They aren't being held back if both games are 1080P 60fps/30fps. LOL!! Any PS4 game at 1440 native would run at 5-10fps. lol!! Stop listening to stupid cows who will make up any excuse to make the XB1 seem worse then it is. lol!! Listen to the company who make the hardware and software tools (AMD, NVidia, Intel, M$) and not the biased fanboy who are running around here in Panic Mode.

Hahahahaa... He was been sarcastic...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa That butthurt you are...hahaha

The 7850 can run BF3 at 2560x1600 at 30+ FPS the PS4 is a step abode that,it can very well run games at that resolution in certain quality but for what purpose how many TV's support that resolution..?

Yeah listen to the hardware vendors that will fill your heads with lies if they suspect that they can sell you their hardware..lol

Yeah because all xbox 360 games are 720p minimum with 4XAA right like MS and AMD promise...lol

Poor sad fanboy...lol

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@kbanna said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Hey OP, Need For Speed Rivals was 1080p/30fps last year. Racing games are mostly graphically unintensive.

So what would qualify as a multiplat that would be graphically intense enough for you? And the bigger question is, once parity is established that title, will this bullshit end?

A proper next-gen game built for that alone, probably started development last year.

And no it won't because it won't end. PS3 multiplats were weaker all the way up until last year.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#111 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Hopefully because throwing the made up suffix, -gate, onto a word to make it seem as if it's a giant scandal for sensationalist headlines is the bigger travesty here.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Resolutiongate continues ?

• Trials Fusion - 1080p on PS4
  • Trials Fusion - 900p on Xbone

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/11/ps4-and-xbox-one-graphics-disparity-continues-trial-fusion-runs-at-1080p-on-sonys-box-and-900p-on-microsofts/

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#113  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Nike_Air said:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/11/ps4-and-xbox-one-graphics-disparity-continues-trial-fusion-runs-at-1080p-on-sonys-box-and-900p-on-microsofts/

"That Trials game is a huge graphical showpiece, and they had old drivers and Xbone dev kits probably. It's no surprise that Trials is 900p on Xbone because of the cutting edge motocross graphics.

I think when Trials Fusion 2 comes out (2015?), that will be 1081p on Xbone I think."

- Some SW quote

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Nike_Air said:

"That Trials game is a huge graphical showpiece, and they had old drivers and Xbone dev kits probably. It's no surprise that Trials is 900p on Xbone because of the cutting edge motocross graphics.

I think when Trials Fusion 2 comes out (2015?), that will be 1081p on Xbone I think."

- Some SW quote

Best quote, lol.

I love how absurd this place is.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 xhawk27

Blah, blah. blah, blah, Yeah we know the PS4 is 38% more powerful than the Xbox 1. Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

Blah, blah. blah, blah, Yeah we know the PS4 is 38% more powerful than the Xbox 1. Blah, blah, blah, blah.

And knowing is half the battle.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Nike_Air said:

- Some SW quote

Best quote, lol.

I love how absurd this place is.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 xhawk27

The Xbox One is going to improve over time. DX12 drivers plus more devs learn how to get the most out of the ESram buffer. Cloud support for things like physics, AI, and other items leaving more resources for the GPU.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@xhawk27 said:

The Xbox One is going to improve over time. DX12 drivers plus more devs learn how to get the most out of the ESram buffer. Cloud support for things like physics, AI, and other items leaving more resources for the GPU.

So glad I don' waste my time with you idiots any more. Two minutes of browsing this trash heap today was enough.