Resolution boosted for Call of Duty on Xbox One

  • 95 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
Edited 2 years, 8 months ago

Poll: Resolution boosted for Call of Duty on Xbox One (52 votes)

PC 19%
Xbox One 21%
Playstation 4 56%
Wii U 4%

Trailer used Xbox One footage

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-resolution-boosted-for-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-on-xbox-one

Resolution boosted for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Xbox One

Platform you buying on?

Avatar image for lostrib
#51 Edited by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@xhawk27 said:

Didn't the PS4 have frame-rate problems with Ghosts. Oh yeah it did, so Frame-rate over Resolution - Frame-rate over Resolution. ;)

Yeah didn't BF4 had resolution + frames problems on xbox one..?

Lets see how this one turn out..

Oh and MGS5 was 1080p 60FPS on PS4 while on xbox one is 720p..

MGS5 was made by the biggest sony fanboy in the world, who at the same time is a money hungry fool.

dem excuses

Avatar image for tonitorsi
#52 Edited by tonitorsi (8677 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@lostrib said:

Boosted to what?

To Da feel of 882P

#Mmmm

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#53 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

its boosted to 882p lol wtf

@Nonstop-Madness said:

@xhawk27 said:

Didn't the PS4 have frame-rate problems with Ghosts. Oh yeah it did, so Frame-rate over Resolution - Frame-rate over Resolution. ;)

Call of Duty: Ghosts PS4 judder caused by frame rate exceeding 60FPS

#owned

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#54 Edited by misterpmedia (6132 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@xhawk27 said:

Didn't the PS4 have frame-rate problems with Ghosts. Oh yeah it did, so Frame-rate over Resolution - Frame-rate over Resolution. ;)

Yeah didn't BF4 had resolution + frames problems on xbox one..?

Lets see how this one turn out..

Oh and MGS5 was 1080p 60FPS on PS4 while on xbox one is 720p..

MGS5 was made by the biggest sony fanboy in the world, who at the same time is a money hungry fool.

He was on Microsoft's stage at last years E3, not Sony's. Reach further, cupcake.

Avatar image for kuu2
#56 Edited by kuu2 (8754 posts) -

The reso for a game that doesn't come out till November has been confirmed? Cows really hurt that Pauperstation4 is not the lead platform.

Trailer was awesome sauce graphically with that One footage.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#57 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (11540 posts) -

If it has a decent SP campaign, I'll consider it for PS4.

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#58 Edited by misterpmedia (6132 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@xhawk27 said:

Didn't the PS4 have frame-rate problems with Ghosts. Oh yeah it did, so Frame-rate over Resolution - Frame-rate over Resolution. ;)

Yeah didn't BF4 had resolution + frames problems on xbox one..?

Lets see how this one turn out..

Oh and MGS5 was 1080p 60FPS on PS4 while on xbox one is 720p..

MGS5 was made by the biggest sony fanboy in the world, who at the same time is a money hungry fool.

He was on Microsoft's stage at last years E3, not Sony's. Reach further, cupcake.

As I said, because he is a money hungry idiot... If you don't know that he is the biggest Sony fan, you should check history...

How does that make him the fool if he's getting the money from Microsoft and then producing inferior versions for their platform? Sounds like he's a smart haha. Hardly a fanboy if he even agrees to turn out on the apposing forces E3, the biggest gaming event of the year. Ya. Maybe Microsoft begged? A plausible possibility.

@kuu2 said:

The reso for a game that doesn't come out till November has been confirmed? Cows really hurt that Pauperstation4 is not the lead platform.

Trailer was awesome sauce graphically with that One footage.

Kuu2 c'mon. You're smart enough to know what a marketing deal is, hence the DLC. Very poor show from you.

Avatar image for kuu2
#59 Edited by kuu2 (8754 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FastRobby said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FastRobby said:

@tormentos said:

@xhawk27 said:

Didn't the PS4 have frame-rate problems with Ghosts. Oh yeah it did, so Frame-rate over Resolution - Frame-rate over Resolution. ;)

Yeah didn't BF4 had resolution + frames problems on xbox one..?

Lets see how this one turn out..

Oh and MGS5 was 1080p 60FPS on PS4 while on xbox one is 720p..

MGS5 was made by the biggest sony fanboy in the world, who at the same time is a money hungry fool.

He was on Microsoft's stage at last years E3, not Sony's. Reach further, cupcake.

As I said, because he is a money hungry idiot... If you don't know that he is the biggest Sony fan, you should check history...

How does that make him the fool if he's getting the money from Microsoft and then producing inferior versions for their platform? Sounds like he's a smart haha. Hardly a fanboy if he even agrees to turn out on the apposing forces E3, the biggest gaming event of the year. Ya. Maybe Microsoft begged? A plausible possibility.

@kuu2 said:

The reso for a game that doesn't come out till November has been confirmed? Cows really hurt that Pauperstation4 is not the lead platform.

Trailer was awesome sauce graphically with that One footage.

Kuu2 c'mon. You're smart enough to know what a marketing deal is, hence the DLC. Very poor show from you.

More guessing, and you know it. If it is true then PauperStation4 will never be a lead for anything since they are paupers.

Avatar image for tormentos
#60 Posted by tormentos (24778 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

MGS5 was made by the biggest sony fanboy in the world, who at the same time is a money hungry fool.

Oh please dude stop,MGS5 ran better on PS4 because the PS4 is stronger not because of Konami on purpose sabotaging its own game..lol

In fact when ask about the PS4 and xbox one Kujima say both were about the same,sadly he ate those words with the xbox one version been 720p with missing effect.

Avatar image for tormentos
#61 Posted by tormentos (24778 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

The reso for a game that doesn't come out till November has been confirmed? Cows really hurt that Pauperstation4 is not the lead platform.

Trailer was awesome sauce graphically with that One footage.

How do you know the PS4 is not the lead platform.? Just because the game was shown on xbox one doesn't mean the XBO was the lead platform,and rumors point at the PS4 as been the lead platforms,which would not surprise me at all,been easy to work and stronger.

Avatar image for misterpmedia
#62 Posted by misterpmedia (6132 posts) -

@kuu2 Well wishful thinking for you maybe... pretty reasonable explanation for the rest of us lol. Xbox got the DLC first for Ghosts and that sure as hell wasn't the lead platform. Top kek.

Avatar image for applefan1991
#63 Posted by applefan1991 (3342 posts) -

720P? 900P? 1080P? Who cares. I'll buy it because it's a lot of fun. I have both the PS4 and the Xbox One and I'll buy it for whatever platform my online friends buy it on. That's probably the Xbox One. Resolution < Friends

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#64 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -
@applefan1991 said:

720P? 900P? 1080P? Who cares. I'll buy it because it's a lot of fun. I have both the PS4 and the Xbox One and I'll buy it for whatever platform my online friends buy it on. That's probably the Xbox One. Resolution < Friends

You need better friends.

Avatar image for applefan1991
#65 Posted by applefan1991 (3342 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@applefan1991 said:

720P? 900P? 1080P? Who cares. I'll buy it because it's a lot of fun. I have both the PS4 and the Xbox One and I'll buy it for whatever platform my online friends buy it on. That's probably the Xbox One. Resolution < Friends

You need better friends.

Yup, the quality of friends is judged by how many P's the games they buy have.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#66 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

@applefan1991 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@applefan1991 said:

720P? 900P? 1080P? Who cares. I'll buy it because it's a lot of fun. I have both the PS4 and the Xbox One and I'll buy it for whatever platform my online friends buy it on. That's probably the Xbox One. Resolution < Friends

You need better friends.

Yup, the quality of friends is judged by how many P's the games they buy have.

relax it was a joke.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#67 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (11990 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

I wont even get this game ( sick and tired of FPS's ) but IF i do it will of course be on the PS4 since it has superior multiplats, its the lead platform for Advanced warfare and its the system with the most players count ( like in CoD: Ghosts ).

Finalstar not buying a COD game?

Avatar image for applefan1991
#68 Posted by applefan1991 (3342 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@applefan1991 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
@applefan1991 said:

720P? 900P? 1080P? Who cares. I'll buy it because it's a lot of fun. I have both the PS4 and the Xbox One and I'll buy it for whatever platform my online friends buy it on. That's probably the Xbox One. Resolution < Friends

You need better friends.

Yup, the quality of friends is judged by how many P's the games they buy have.

relax it was a joke.

relax, I was joking.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#69 Edited by R3FURBISHED (11671 posts) -

If this trailer were for any other game/series than Call of Duty this would probably be my most anticipated game -- as the trailer really was that good.

But the trailer was for Call of Duty....so everything shown was completely pointless.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
#70 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (6501 posts) -

LMAO sub 900P

Poor Xbone... meh are they any xbone fans besides shawn30 and blackace to make fun of these days?

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
#71 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (6501 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

@I_can_haz said:

@FastRobby said:

I think it will be 1080p, I think they can get it out of the console, and we still have 6 months of developing left.

No, the PS4 version ran higher than 60fps hence the judder lol. Xbone version is the one with frame drops at 720p.

I am talking about the next CoD... It isn't out yet so we don't know anything about it. I wasn't talking about CoD: Ghosts.

LOL no u were talking about current COD. LolbacktrackLOL

Avatar image for Indicud
#72 Posted by Indicud (745 posts) -

@kuu2: the awkward moment when COD: ADV Warfare's lead platform IS the PS4.

Link:http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/18/call-of-dutys-lead-platform-switching-to-ps4-digital-game-sales-higher-than-xbox-ones-according-to-insider/

Avatar image for killzowned24
#73 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@enviouseyezonme said:

I read this earlier and I really feel like DF is grasping. It seems like since the launch of these systems, they have nothing better to report on than resolutions & framerates. This game isn't even out yet and here they are trying to determine the res of this game based off a compressed trailer. Seriously? 882p? Really? Dumbassess *SMH*

lol, the only reason people say this is cuzz they got their feelings hurt...hahaha.

Lets see, new video comes out and is stated that is xbone,of course its gonna get pixel counted.

Avatar image for ribstaylor1
#74 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (2186 posts) -

What has me interested is Kevin spacey but from what I hear from others cod on pc is complete crud so I highly doubt I'll play this beyond someone else owning it and me trying it.

Avatar image for resevl4rlz
#75 Posted by resevl4rlz (3522 posts) -

meh who cares about call of duty: Halo version

Avatar image for ladyblue
#76 Edited by LadyBlue (4942 posts) -

Doesn't matter lemmings can't distinguish between 720P and 1080P

Avatar image for danjammer69
#77 Posted by danjammer69 (4254 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

IF it turns out to be good then I'll get the PC version.

^^Yup.

But that is a big "If"

Avatar image for ps4hasnogames
#78 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

The vote question doesn't make sense, it just says.....resolution boosted and gives a list of platforms.

anyway it still looks a bit blurry. i will be getting it on PS4 because they have more people playing and better graphics....screw the dlc if it was something good it would be part of the original game.

Avatar image for gpuking
#80 Posted by gpuking (3914 posts) -

Damn is Ps4 gonna chew the Bone up and spit it out through the entire generation lol. But hey I'll give credit for going slightly above 720p like in Ghosts.

Avatar image for iloveatlus
#81 Edited by iloveatlus (599 posts) -

I'll get it for the System that will have the bigger COD fanbase.

Avatar image for Ghost120x
#82 Posted by Ghost120x (4918 posts) -

COD is like one of those silent, but smelly farts. You just want the smell to go away before someone notices.

Avatar image for tormentos
#83 Edited by tormentos (24778 posts) -

@gpuking said:

Damn is Ps4 gonna chew the Bone up and spit it out through the entire generation lol. But hey I'll give credit for going slightly above 720p like in Ghosts.

It has the most problem with FPS as you can see,882p for COD AW 792P for Titanfall with drops to 30 FPS,i don't think FPS will be 1080p on xbox one unless the game is totally unimpressive or un demanding.

Avatar image for LustForSoul
#84 Posted by LustForSoul (6197 posts) -

I wonder if the PC port will be bad again.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
#85 Posted by chessmaster1989 (30204 posts) -

If I get it it will be for PC. I never get COD (or almost any FPS) on a console.

Avatar image for ZombeGoast
#86 Edited by ZombeGoast (437 posts) -

Few megabytes wasted to could have been used for effects or better performance from the eSram.

Avatar image for Dire_Weasel
#87 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16675 posts) -

882p?

The hoops they'll jump through to avoid making a 720p game. I bet that resolution has been banned at Microsoft HQ.

Avatar image for Phazevariance
#88 Posted by Phazevariance (11736 posts) -

I won't play anyhting under 1440p anymore, it just hurts my eyes. My eyes bleed when i play 1080p on the ps4 and the xbox one make them explode out of the sockets. Master race PC

Avatar image for tormentos
#89 Posted by tormentos (24778 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

882p?

The hoops they'll jump through to avoid making a 720p game. I bet that resolution has been banned at Microsoft HQ.

Yep 792P in Titanfall prove it,even if the game suffer frame wise like Titanfall did,a 60FPS game that drops to 33 frames when several titans are around.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#90 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

This could be signs of Microsoft finally initializing the cloud in the form of beta.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
#91 Posted by deactivated-583e460ca986b (7240 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

882p?

The hoops they'll jump through to avoid making a 720p game. I bet that resolution has been banned at Microsoft HQ.

Yep 792P in Titanfall prove it,even if the game suffer frame wise like Titanfall did,a 60FPS game that drops to 33 frames when several titans are around.

Yeah Titanfall is pretty rough on XB1. I play it on PC as well and its tough to keep 60 there too.

On a side note I played COD Ghosts on the PS4 a little this weekend to get more of the trophies..... That game DOES NOT run at a steady 60fps in the campaign.

Avatar image for tormentos
#92 Edited by tormentos (24778 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

@tormentos said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

882p?

The hoops they'll jump through to avoid making a 720p game. I bet that resolution has been banned at Microsoft HQ.

Yep 792P in Titanfall prove it,even if the game suffer frame wise like Titanfall did,a 60FPS game that drops to 33 frames when several titans are around.

Yeah Titanfall is pretty rough on XB1. I play it on PC as well and its tough to keep 60 there too.

On a side note I played COD Ghosts on the PS4 a little this weekend to get more of the trophies..... That game DOES NOT run at a steady 60fps in the campaign.

Yes it has some frames drops,just like on PC also have bugs that gave frame problems.

But the PS4 version was 1080p the xbox one version was 720p.

Avatar image for hoyalawya
#93 Posted by hoyalawya (344 posts) -

The new COD is just Titanfall without mechs.

Avatar image for sam890
#95 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Don't worry lems, DX12 and teh cloud will save you all.