Resolution and Hypocrisy of the New Gen

  • 69 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

I'd like to start with saying that this is NOT a thread to defend the Xbone, I personally think 720p is inexcusable and even 1080p is too low.

Starting with Ryse and now many other games like KI and COD, people have been laughing at the Bone for its low resolution, claiming that 720p is just a blurry mess.

Now that's fine, but these are the same people who, 2 years ago, would gladly claim that resolution above 720p was not needed because you couldn't tell the difference that far from the television.

Now, you could say that with a new gen, come new standards, but if 720p really is that horrible, then what the hell were people playing these past 8 years?

On another note, it's the same with FPS. 30FPS was all you needed apparently, but now 60fps or it's unplayable?

If people expect 1080p/60fps from every game from either console, they have another thing coming. (But by then, I assume people will just go back to last gen's standards.)

#2 Posted by clyde46 (43482 posts) -

Cows.

#3 Posted by handssss (1623 posts) -

The real hypocrisy is all the gaming "journalists" that write off a difference in multiplat resolutions now as no big deal, but would consider them major factors last gen and even score the weaker versions of those mutiplats lower.

And yes, a new gen with stronger hardware comes with new standards. Last console gen marked the beginning for console HD gaming and now people expect 1080p to be the standard and there's already problems meeting that level.

#4 Posted by kuu2 (6785 posts) -

If the resolutions from each console were truly noticeable I would be pissed. But since BF4 I have no worries at all.

#5 Posted by Heil68 (42592 posts) -

With a new generation, gamers expect a jump. We didn't want PS2/Xbox graphics at the beginning of last gen either. No hypocrisy here, lems are just mad that the PS4 is the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history in the video games.

Pretty petty on their part if you ask me.

#6 Edited by Shewgenja (7926 posts) -

To me, it's literally a real-life realization of an age old adage:

Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

Gaming journalism, funded in no small part by large amounts of advertising dollars from their corporate overlords, made a massive deal over every frame drop/resolution difference/texture detail/smoke effect for the past eight years. They all forgot one thing along the way, sadly. It is a reality that every gamer is aware of but every journalist and even Microsoft themselves certainly forgot.

Every new generation plays by new rules. Sony designed a system to make absolutely sure they didn't run into the shortfalls they had last generation. It was an evolutionary step for this very exact reason as far as I can tell. Everyone just assumed new hardware would have 1080p locked down. I mean, WTF is the point of even upgrading to a new system if it can't substantially do things better than its predecessor?

So, all the while, we've been pitched buzzwords like "power of the cloud" and "actually, ESRam makes XBox One more powerful than PS4" and even "Well, it's a more balanced system." WHY would we not assume that everything is locked and loaded with the XBox if MS themselves throw smoke in everyones face to avoid having an honest conversation about the power of their system? Bottom line being, up until a few weeks ago, we all operated under the assumption that there would not be as big a difference between the systems.

The blame lies squarely on Microsofts shoulders and the gaming "journalists" that leaned on their advertising dollars too much to ask real questions and demand real answers. Blaming the gamers for being a tad bit upset after the dust settles from a summer of hype, smoke and mirrors is very wrong. Either games are going to need to have points docked off of them just for coming out on the XBox One (and thusly weaker than the PS4 counterpart) or we are going to be ram-rodded with a generation of straight up horse shit.

#7 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3221 posts) -

Fanboys being hypocrites? Nothing new.

#8 Edited by silversix_ (13546 posts) -

i say that 720p is blurry crap but i never ever said that 1080p wasn't needed two years ago. I always wanted 1080p on consoles since 06 when i first played a pc title in full HD. Consoles come out at the end of 2013, cost over $400, consider themselves 'next gen' and can barely handle Ghosts in 720p... This is my main problem with Xbone. If the console is so weak, sell it to families and the price tag should be 249.99

#9 Posted by freedomfreak (38152 posts) -

Yeah, this stuff happens.

#10 Edited by Gue1 (9104 posts) -

@tagyhag said:

I'd like to start with saying that this is NOT a thread to defend the Xbone, I personally think 720p is inexcusable and even 1080p is too low.

Starting with Ryse and now many other games like KI and COD, people have been laughing at the Bone for its low resolution, claiming that 720p is just a blurry mess.

Now that's fine, but these are the same people who, 2 years ago, would gladly claim that resolution above 720p was not needed because you couldn't tell the difference that far from the television.

Now, you could say that with a new gen, come new standards, but if 720p really is that horrible, then what the hell were people playing these past 8 years?

On another note, it's the same with FPS. 30FPS was all you needed apparently, but now 60fps or it's unplayable?

If people expect 1080p/60fps from every game from either console, they have another thing coming. (But by then, I assume people will just go back to last gen's standards.)

different gen different standards. Your entire argument is a massive ball of fail. Go play some Super Nintendo and stay there forever.

And 1080p is not too low. That's the highest resolution output of modern TVs. This is not PC gaming, we don't game on 20 inches monitors.

PS4 > Xbone

go cry me a river

#11 Edited by lawlessx (46237 posts) -

it wouldn't be system wars without double standards.

#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149460 posts) -

I think gameplay is more important than graphics. I still play older games. I just finished two PS games. I enjoyed the journey to finish the game. The graphics are very poor in comparison to what we have now. But that didn't matter. The games were good.

But on the other hand this is SW and arguing about who has a better system is all that happens here. And for the kind of money consoles cost now....they should be improvements on the predecessor. The problem with the X1 is it will cost the most and yet not achieve the ability of it's competition. And don't bother arguing that....specs don't lie. It's fine if you bleed MS green and want to buy their console. But don't try to convince yourself it's top of the line. I think MS is moving away from gaming consoles. It will still be a part of what they offer....but it's does not appear as though it's the bottom line for them. Nothing wrong with that. But accept it for what it is.

That said...if MS can publish some good games that aren't available elsewhere....and come down in price over time....it might be worth a pick up. The problem with MS is they will also publish on the PC. Which means the X1 becomes less important. I have to get a new PC real soon. And do plan on building my own. I'm just trying to make sure I get decent product for not much money. Single parent and all and planning on buying a new vehicle within the next month and all.

#13 Posted by Krelian-co (9983 posts) -

different time, different standards

i used to play ps one and think ff VIII was the best looking game ever made, now i can hardly look at its graphics without cringing.

#14 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

With a new generation, gamers expect a jump. We didn't want PS2/Xbox graphics at the beginning of last gen either. No hypocrisy here, lems are just mad that the PS4 is the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history in the video games.

Pretty petty on their part if you ask me.

Were cows mad when the XBox demolished the PS2 in terms of graphics, online play, better multiplats and HDD etc?

#15 Posted by charizard1605 (54361 posts) -
#16 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149460 posts) -

different time, different standards

i used to play ps one and think ff VIII was the best looking game ever made, now i can hardly look at its graphics without cringing.

You are def not an old school gamer then....:p

#17 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38151 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

#18 Posted by Motokid6 (5010 posts) -

720 is kinda lame. I mean even the major cable conpanies know this. Comcast/Verizon dropped all 720p channels a year back in my area. All 1080 now. Its the standard. Anything lower is just lazy. Oh and Gue my pc's hooked up to a 50" plasma. Consolites have to put that lame excuse to rest. Ill be getting a 30" 1600p monitor soon so i guess all this is moot.

It all depends on the person however. A large portion of console gamers are simple minded "bro-gamers" who only play CoD. So that demographics standards are null.

But this is gamespot. We take gaming as a hobby. The pc itself.. is a hobby. And any right minded enthusiast can tell the difference bettween 8xAA and 16xAA let alone 720 and 1080p.

New tech, new standards ues, but again that comes down to the person. And thats what makes up this little community of ours. A difference in personal opinion is what drives SW. Its the reason trolls exist.

#19 Edited by lawlessx (46237 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

just wait until consoles have full mod support. i can think of afew posters that would quickly change his personal opinion about it once they get a taste of it.

#20 Posted by Netret0120 (1886 posts) -

You answered your own question.

I have been playing on 720p for the past 8 years. With a new gen i expect to be playing 1080/60fps all the time. Xbox 720p can't do that

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149460 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

#22 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Fanboys being hypocrites? Nothing new.

I'd say lems are even worse with their crusade on these forums and elsewhere to try and convince others that there's no difference if you sit far enough away from your television, combine that with Cheeto's filters and sharpening so rediculous that it causes halo's. I'd be way more excited for nextgen if the ps4 was the only game system available to me.

But of course it was perfectly fine to pick apart early-midlife cycle multiplats, differences in resolution that were minuscule in comparison to what we are seeing now.

#23 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -
@handssss said:

The real hypocrisy is all the gaming "journalists" that write off a difference in multiplat resolutions now as no big deal, but would consider them major factors last gen and even score the weaker versions of those mutiplats lower.


One example of a gaming journalist giving a multiplat game a lower score because one was 1080p and the other 720p.

Off you go.

#24 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25416 posts) -

We've waited 8 years for new consoles so we should expect a sizeable resolution increase. Whether some words on a screen are being hypocritical about it or not is no concern of mine.

#25 Posted by tumle (1274 posts) -

This thing with so called "unbiased" posters pointing out the hypocrisy of one fanboy group, really make these posters seem like hypocrites.

If you want to show how none fanboyish you are why not point out every groups hypocrisy??

here is a short list i made.

Hermits:

Before: "coding to the metal don't get you that much more optimization out of the hardware!!"

Now: "MANTEL!! MANTEL!! MANTEL!!"

Lemmings:

Before: "360 has the definite version!! better resolution and frame rate!!"

Now: "You really cant tell the difference!!"

Cows:

Before: "paying to play online is such a ripoff!!"

Now: "I'm ok with paying for online because I get free games!!"

Sheep.... not that interested in Nitendo so don't read those threads, but someone else could probably think of something:P

My point is.. if You don't want to look like a closet Fanboy. Stop making threads pointing out one faction:)

#26 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38151 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Like I said in the post "all fanboys are hypocrites". Just cows are the most vocal because there's so many of them around here.

Elitist hermits are funny too always trying to downplay how expensive PC gaming is

#27 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

#28 Edited by clyde46 (43482 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Lest we forgot about the death threats.

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (38152 posts) -

Cows are the worst because no other faction has someone like brofists.

#30 Posted by tormentos (16415 posts) -

@tagyhag said:

I'd like to start with saying that this is NOT a thread to defend the Xbone, I personally think 720p is inexcusable and even 1080p is too low.

Starting with Ryse and now many other games like KI and COD, people have been laughing at the Bone for its low resolution, claiming that 720p is just a blurry mess.

Now that's fine, but these are the same people who, 2 years ago, would gladly claim that resolution above 720p was not needed because you couldn't tell the difference that far from the television.

Now, you could say that with a new gen, come new standards, but if 720p really is that horrible, then what the hell were people playing these past 8 years?

On another note, it's the same with FPS. 30FPS was all you needed apparently, but now 60fps or it's unplayable?

If people expect 1080p/60fps from every game from either console, they have another thing coming. (But by then, I assume people will just go back to last gen's standards.)

Any one who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p needs new eyes.

#31 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Oh, please.

The amount of hurt you have shown in this forum over this topic is ridiculous. I remember how fervently you acted during the KZSF reveal and up to E3. Blanket statements in general are never smart, there will always be individual fan boys of each faction that are far more ridiculous than the others.

#32 Posted by Heil68 (42592 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

With a new generation, gamers expect a jump. We didn't want PS2/Xbox graphics at the beginning of last gen either. No hypocrisy here, lems are just mad that the PS4 is the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history in the video games.

Pretty petty on their part if you ask me.

Were cows mad when the XBox demolished the PS2 in terms of graphics, online play, better multiplats and HDD etc?

I dunno , I wasn't here at that time. I can only talk from my real life, real world experiences.

#33 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149460 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Oh well the PC crowd just amaze me. I mean why do they bother arguing here? I don't think anyone believes that advances in tech which can be used to upgrade a PC while consoles are stagnant doesn't make it more "powerful". As for the games themselves, as with anything they are subjective.

Anyway back when MS first entered the console market...the MS fanboys were the most insufferable. I think both gens. I guess this gen will be the reverse. Still....I just like gaming and with the loss of Sega...not loyal to any manufacturer.

#34 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Lest we forgot about the death threats.

You want death threats? look no further than Sheep. I don't think we'll ever see another meltdown on the level of twilight princess ever again.

#35 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Mmm.

I say it's not a hypocrisy to want the better graphics, and to appreciate the better graphics on a new console.

For me: the hypocrisy is - those who defended PS360 against PC saying "You can't tell the difference", then this gen say "You can tell the difference between XB1 and PS4".

That's the hypocritical flip flop for me.

#36 Posted by clyde46 (43482 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Lest we forgot about the death threats.

You want death threats? look no further than Sheep. I don't think we'll ever see another meltdown on the level of twilight princess ever again.

Oh god.

#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

Mmm.

I say it's not a hypocrisy to want the better graphics, and to appreciate the better graphics on a new console.

For me: the hypocrisy is - those who defended PS360 against PC saying "You can't tell the difference", then this gen say "You can tell the difference between XB1 and PS4".

That's the hypocritical flip flop for me.

In defense of those that did that, I will say the difference is a lot smaller there than it was here.

Having a larger than 50% boost in image resolution is huge, most of those cases involves 640p vs 720. sometimes the xbox image wasn't even in 720p and both versions were stuck in sub HD.

#38 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Oh, please.

The amount of hurt you have shown in this forum over this topic is ridiculous. I remember how fervently you acted during the KZSF reveal and up to E3. Blanket statements in general are never smart, there will always be individual fan boys of each faction that are far more ridiculous than the others.

What hurt? Just saying that cows be dumb? Cows are dumb. I'm not hurt about it. And it's not a blanket statement. EVERY cow isn't dumb, though hell being devoted to a piece of metal and plastic to even label yourself 'cow' or anything else is pretty inherently dumb. But by and large cows are the dumbest of a dumb crowd. See Sessler. See entire article on the subject on Destructoid.

And what about the Killzone reveal? I don't even know what you're talking about. Is it because I said Killzone is shitty?


But killzone *is* shitty.

#39 Posted by DerekLoffin (8730 posts) -

For starters, I rarely heard people saying that anything about 720p was unnoticeable. I heard them quite often say 720p was acceptable, but that quite different. Likewise with 30fps vs 60fps. That one was more a balancing act, did you want 60 but less effects, or 30 and more effects (and that will remain a trade off this gen too). Again that's not the same thing as people saying they are indistinguishable (for myself, I generally don't see it, but many do). And as others have said, yes, this is a new gen, standards will be raised. You didn't buy and SNES to get NES level graphics. If all you can pump out is graphics up to last gen standards, you don't justify your existence as a game machine. X1 I think does ultimately justify itself, but it definitely, without any doubt, has some serious lacking qualities so far.

#40 Edited by tumle (1274 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo:

Really don't get that...

as far as I remember sheep's did the same at one point..

And your evidence really is paper thin. I think its because of the small bias we all have towards a product that makes us a little more selective to what another person says about our preferred product. so we have selective picking of what we see as worse. (we don't do it consciously)

I say that because I have a stronger Bias towards Sony's product. and I see it the other way around. I find most lemmings posts of pure fanboyism to be more obnoxious than cows.

But unless you do a full study (good luck with that:P) what one perceives as the worst of the worst, dosn't really reflect the truth ;)

#41 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Oh, please.

The amount of hurt you have shown in this forum over this topic is ridiculous. I remember how fervently you acted during the KZSF reveal and up to E3. Blanket statements in general are never smart, there will always be individual fan boys of each faction that are far more ridiculous than the others.

What hurt? Just saying that cows be dumb? Cows are dumb. I'm not hurt about it. And it's not a blanket statement. EVERY cow isn't dumb, though hell being devoted to a piece of metal and plastic to even label yourself 'cow' or anything else is pretty inherently dumb. But by and large cows are the dumbest of a dumb crowd. See Sessler. See entire article on the subject on Destructoid.

And what about the Killzone reveal? I don't even know what you're talking about. Is it because I said Killzone is shitty?

But killzone *is* shitty.

You had a pretty large tantrum over users praising the games visuals, you generally came into the thread to troll those interested in the game. I could dig it up.

Eh, I find all fanboys rediculous in their own way. But I don't think I've ever seen the amount of defense the xbox camp is putting up to defend such a huge difference in resolution.

#42 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Oh, please.

The amount of hurt you have shown in this forum over this topic is ridiculous. I remember how fervently you acted during the KZSF reveal and up to E3. Blanket statements in general are never smart, there will always be individual fan boys of each faction that are far more ridiculous than the others.

What hurt? Just saying that cows be dumb? Cows are dumb. I'm not hurt about it. And it's not a blanket statement. EVERY cow isn't dumb, though hell being devoted to a piece of metal and plastic to even label yourself 'cow' or anything else is pretty inherently dumb. But by and large cows are the dumbest of a dumb crowd. See Sessler. See entire article on the subject on Destructoid.

And what about the Killzone reveal? I don't even know what you're talking about. Is it because I said Killzone is shitty?

But killzone *is* shitty.

You had a pretty large tantrum over users praising the games visuals, you generally came into the thread to troll those interested in the game. I could dig it up.

Eh, I find all fanboys rediculous in their own way. But I don't think I've ever seen the amount of defense the xbox camp is putting up to defend such a huge difference in resolution.

You're just making shit up. Top lol.

Was the 'tantrum' the same as the last post in this thread which you seemed to think was me being 'hurt'? Can people not express passive opinions like 'cows are pretty fucking dumb' or 'killzone is a shit game' without you interpreting it as an emotional complex? Do you think these things keep me up at night?

Its baffling that you can remember threads from months ago that I cannot even slightly, hazily recollect. By all means do dig it up if you seriously have that degree of time and inclination to investigate what I am sure will be nothing more than me saying Killzone has nice graphics but it's a piece of shit.

Unrustle your jimmies and stop taking system wars so seriously. It's a place where people argue about vidyagames for crying out loud.

#43 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Oh, please.

The amount of hurt you have shown in this forum over this topic is ridiculous. I remember how fervently you acted during the KZSF reveal and up to E3. Blanket statements in general are never smart, there will always be individual fan boys of each faction that are far more ridiculous than the others.

What hurt? Just saying that cows be dumb? Cows are dumb. I'm not hurt about it. And it's not a blanket statement. EVERY cow isn't dumb, though hell being devoted to a piece of metal and plastic to even label yourself 'cow' or anything else is pretty inherently dumb. But by and large cows are the dumbest of a dumb crowd. See Sessler. See entire article on the subject on Destructoid.

And what about the Killzone reveal? I don't even know what you're talking about. Is it because I said Killzone is shitty?

But killzone *is* shitty.

You had a pretty large tantrum over users praising the games visuals, you generally came into the thread to troll those interested in the game. I could dig it up.

Eh, I find all fanboys rediculous in their own way. But I don't think I've ever seen the amount of defense the xbox camp is putting up to defend such a huge difference in resolution.

You're just making shit up. Top lol.

Was the 'tantrum' the same as the last post in this thread which you seemed to think was me being 'hurt'? Can people not express passive opinions like 'cows are pretty fucking dumb' or 'killzone is a shit game' without you interpreting it as an emotional complex? Do you think these things keep me up at night?

Its baffling that you can remember threads from months ago that I cannot even slightly, hazily recollect. By all means do dig it up if you seriously have that degree of time and inclination to investigate what I am sure will be nothing more than me saying Killzone has nice graphics but it's a piece of shit.

Unrustle your jimmies and stop taking system wars so seriously. It's a place where people argue about vidyagames for crying out loud.

I'm not taking it seriously at all :P

That bit did amuse me however, this thread became a witch hunt based on a few standout fanboys, and yes deeming fans of Sony consoles as the worst faction does seem like a blanket statement to me.

I think most of us know that if the situation was the other way around we'd be seeing the same resolution threads being made from the hardcore Lems day in and day out.

#44 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149460 posts) -

Eh, I find all fanboys rediculous in their own way. But I don't think I've ever seen the amount of defense the xbox camp is putting up to defend such a huge difference in resolution.

I do as well....but I think it's more about justifying what they spent their money on. I've always ended up with all the consoles in the given generation. I do have preferences....but that is more about the games than brand.

When MS entered the console market.....the Xbox fan boys were really extreme. Which continued last gen. Now that MS has the "weaker" console.....they can only complain about the Sony fan boys. From what I've seen....it's a double standard to complain about that.

#45 Edited by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

@tumle said:

@Ninja-Hippo:

Really don't get that...

as far as I remember sheep's did the same at one point..

And your evidence really is paper thin. I think its because of the small bias we all have towards a product that makes us a little more selective to what another person says about our preferred product. so we have selective picking of what we see as worse. (we don't do it consciously)

I say that because I have a stronger Bias towards Sony's product. and I see it the other way around. I find most lemmings posts of pure fanboyism to be more obnoxious than cows.

But unless you do a full study (good luck with that:P) what one perceives as the worst of the worst, dosn't really reflect the truth ;)

Saying one is the worst is not saying the others are ok. 'Worst' is a word referring to degrees. Sheep did indeed flip their shit when TP flopped, but they're definitely not candidates for worst fanboys because there simply aren't enough of them any more. Lemmings I'm sure would also flip their shit if Halo got McShea'd and slapped with a 6 or something, no doubt about it.

But, as Sessler says himself, lemmings and sheep do not fill his inbox with death threats. He doesn't have to disable comments on the video review for any other game other than PS3 games when they first go up. Destructoid have a whole article devoted to comparing the levels of shit they have to put up with from different groups of fanboys, and their conclusion is pretty concrete - 'PS3 fans are the worst of a bad bunch.'

Agree or disagree, for sure, it's just my observation after way too many years perusing this place. Cows massively over-hype damn near everything with insane levels of hyperbole and then react with rage and indignation when the reviews dont match their ridiculous campaign of expectation over-inflating.

#46 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Eh, I find all fanboys rediculous in their own way. But I don't think I've ever seen the amount of defense the xbox camp is putting up to defend such a huge difference in resolution.

I do as well....but I think it's more about justifying what they spent their money on. I've always ended up with all the consoles in the given generation. I do have preferences....but that is more about the games than brand.

When MS entered the console market.....the Xbox fan boys were really extreme. Which continued last gen. Now that MS has the "weaker" console.....they can only complain about the Sony fan boys. From what I've seen....it's a double standard to complain about that.

I just purchase what has the games I want on it, part of why I'm not looking to buy the two consoles at launch. The library on each system just doesn't seem justified to me. It all depends on how good the KZSF multiplayer will be as well, something I haven't really had the chance to see yet.

Most likely I'll just be further upgrading my pc, and then picking up a quad sometime in 2014.

#47 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

Mmm.

I say it's not a hypocrisy to want the better graphics, and to appreciate the better graphics on a new console.

For me: the hypocrisy is - those who defended PS360 against PC saying "You can't tell the difference", then this gen say "You can tell the difference between XB1 and PS4".

That's the hypocritical flip flop for me.

In defense of those that did that, I will say the difference is a lot smaller there than it was here.

Having a larger than 50% boost in image resolution is huge, most of those cases involves 640p vs 720. sometimes the xbox image wasn't even in 720p and both versions were stuck in sub HD.

Yeah sorry I'm talking about those more extreme fanboys who said one couldn't see any difference on PC, but also comment on the improvement on the PS4 compared to the bone.

I agree that the difference is probably there with a +50% boost from the GPU, but it amuses me when these same posters were claiming PC versions were indiscernible from console versions just a few months earlier...

In terms of XB360 vs PS3 though, the point you are making, yes I agree the difference between those consoles was minimal.

#48 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12784 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@psymon100 said:

Mmm.

I say it's not a hypocrisy to want the better graphics, and to appreciate the better graphics on a new console.

For me: the hypocrisy is - those who defended PS360 against PC saying "You can't tell the difference", then this gen say "You can tell the difference between XB1 and PS4".

That's the hypocritical flip flop for me.

In defense of those that did that, I will say the difference is a lot smaller there than it was here.

Having a larger than 50% boost in image resolution is huge, most of those cases involves 640p vs 720. sometimes the xbox image wasn't even in 720p and both versions were stuck in sub HD.

Yeah sorry I'm talking about those more extreme fanboys who said one couldn't see any difference on PC, but also comment on the improvement on the PS4 compared to the bone.

I agree that the difference is probably there with a +50% boost from the GPU, but it amuses me when these same posters were claiming PC versions were indiscernible from console versions just a few months earlier...

In terms of XB360 vs PS3 though, the point you are making, yes I agree the difference between those consoles was minimal.

Yeah I see your point with that, that's ridiculous for sure.

#49 Edited by kuu2 (6785 posts) -

Its all about the games!

#50 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149460 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Eh, I find all fanboys rediculous in their own way. But I don't think I've ever seen the amount of defense the xbox camp is putting up to defend such a huge difference in resolution.

I do as well....but I think it's more about justifying what they spent their money on. I've always ended up with all the consoles in the given generation. I do have preferences....but that is more about the games than brand.

When MS entered the console market.....the Xbox fan boys were really extreme. Which continued last gen. Now that MS has the "weaker" console.....they can only complain about the Sony fan boys. From what I've seen....it's a double standard to complain about that.

I just purchase what has the games I want on it, part of why I'm not looking to buy the two consoles at launch. The library on each system just doesn't seem justified to me. It all depends on how good the KZSF multiplayer will be as well, something I haven't really had the chance to see yet.

Most likely I'll just be further upgrading my pc, and then picking up a quad sometime in 2014.

Yeah. With the multi plats being the norm now...it comes down to first party. So since I plan on building a gaming PC...I don't need the X1. Thus the PS4 for sure. And X1 would have to have something really unique on it for me to need it.