Resolution and Hypocrisy of the New Gen

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

I'd like to start with saying that this is NOT a thread to defend the Xbone, I personally think 720p is inexcusable and even 1080p is too low.

Starting with Ryse and now many other games like KI and COD, people have been laughing at the Bone for its low resolution, claiming that 720p is just a blurry mess.

Now that's fine, but these are the same people who, 2 years ago, would gladly claim that resolution above 720p was not needed because you couldn't tell the difference that far from the television.

Now, you could say that with a new gen, come new standards, but if 720p really is that horrible, then what the hell were people playing these past 8 years?

On another note, it's the same with FPS. 30FPS was all you needed apparently, but now 60fps or it's unplayable?

If people expect 1080p/60fps from every game from either console, they have another thing coming. (But by then, I assume people will just go back to last gen's standards.)

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Cows.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

The real hypocrisy is all the gaming "journalists" that write off a difference in multiplat resolutions now as no big deal, but would consider them major factors last gen and even score the weaker versions of those mutiplats lower.

And yes, a new gen with stronger hardware comes with new standards. Last console gen marked the beginning for console HD gaming and now people expect 1080p to be the standard and there's already problems meeting that level.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

If the resolutions from each console were truly noticeable I would be pissed. But since BF4 I have no worries at all.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

With a new generation, gamers expect a jump. We didn't want PS2/Xbox graphics at the beginning of last gen either. No hypocrisy here, lems are just mad that the PS4 is the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history in the video games.

Pretty petty on their part if you ask me.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

To me, it's literally a real-life realization of an age old adage:

Those who live by the sword, die by the sword.

Gaming journalism, funded in no small part by large amounts of advertising dollars from their corporate overlords, made a massive deal over every frame drop/resolution difference/texture detail/smoke effect for the past eight years. They all forgot one thing along the way, sadly. It is a reality that every gamer is aware of but every journalist and even Microsoft themselves certainly forgot.

Every new generation plays by new rules. Sony designed a system to make absolutely sure they didn't run into the shortfalls they had last generation. It was an evolutionary step for this very exact reason as far as I can tell. Everyone just assumed new hardware would have 1080p locked down. I mean, WTF is the point of even upgrading to a new system if it can't substantially do things better than its predecessor?

So, all the while, we've been pitched buzzwords like "power of the cloud" and "actually, ESRam makes XBox One more powerful than PS4" and even "Well, it's a more balanced system." WHY would we not assume that everything is locked and loaded with the XBox if MS themselves throw smoke in everyones face to avoid having an honest conversation about the power of their system? Bottom line being, up until a few weeks ago, we all operated under the assumption that there would not be as big a difference between the systems.

The blame lies squarely on Microsofts shoulders and the gaming "journalists" that leaned on their advertising dollars too much to ask real questions and demand real answers. Blaming the gamers for being a tad bit upset after the dust settles from a summer of hype, smoke and mirrors is very wrong. Either games are going to need to have points docked off of them just for coming out on the XBox One (and thusly weaker than the PS4 counterpart) or we are going to be ram-rodded with a generation of straight up horse shit.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Fanboys being hypocrites? Nothing new.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

i say that 720p is blurry crap but i never ever said that 1080p wasn't needed two years ago. I always wanted 1080p on consoles since 06 when i first played a pc title in full HD. Consoles come out at the end of 2013, cost over $400, consider themselves 'next gen' and can barely handle Ghosts in 720p... This is my main problem with Xbone. If the console is so weak, sell it to families and the price tag should be 249.99

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Yeah, this stuff happens.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@tagyhag said:

I'd like to start with saying that this is NOT a thread to defend the Xbone, I personally think 720p is inexcusable and even 1080p is too low.

Starting with Ryse and now many other games like KI and COD, people have been laughing at the Bone for its low resolution, claiming that 720p is just a blurry mess.

Now that's fine, but these are the same people who, 2 years ago, would gladly claim that resolution above 720p was not needed because you couldn't tell the difference that far from the television.

Now, you could say that with a new gen, come new standards, but if 720p really is that horrible, then what the hell were people playing these past 8 years?

On another note, it's the same with FPS. 30FPS was all you needed apparently, but now 60fps or it's unplayable?

If people expect 1080p/60fps from every game from either console, they have another thing coming. (But by then, I assume people will just go back to last gen's standards.)

different gen different standards. Your entire argument is a massive ball of fail. Go play some Super Nintendo and stay there forever.

And 1080p is not too low. That's the highest resolution output of modern TVs. This is not PC gaming, we don't game on 20 inches monitors.

PS4 > Xbone

go cry me a river

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

it wouldn't be system wars without double standards.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I think gameplay is more important than graphics. I still play older games. I just finished two PS games. I enjoyed the journey to finish the game. The graphics are very poor in comparison to what we have now. But that didn't matter. The games were good.

But on the other hand this is SW and arguing about who has a better system is all that happens here. And for the kind of money consoles cost now....they should be improvements on the predecessor. The problem with the X1 is it will cost the most and yet not achieve the ability of it's competition. And don't bother arguing that....specs don't lie. It's fine if you bleed MS green and want to buy their console. But don't try to convince yourself it's top of the line. I think MS is moving away from gaming consoles. It will still be a part of what they offer....but it's does not appear as though it's the bottom line for them. Nothing wrong with that. But accept it for what it is.

That said...if MS can publish some good games that aren't available elsewhere....and come down in price over time....it might be worth a pick up. The problem with MS is they will also publish on the PC. Which means the X1 becomes less important. I have to get a new PC real soon. And do plan on building my own. I'm just trying to make sure I get decent product for not much money. Single parent and all and planning on buying a new vehicle within the next month and all.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

different time, different standards

i used to play ps one and think ff VIII was the best looking game ever made, now i can hardly look at its graphics without cringing.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@Heil68 said:

With a new generation, gamers expect a jump. We didn't want PS2/Xbox graphics at the beginning of last gen either. No hypocrisy here, lems are just mad that the PS4 is the most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history in the video games.

Were cows mad when the XBox demolished the PS2 in terms of graphics, online play, better multiplats and HDD etc?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@Krelian-co said:

different time, different standards

i used to play ps one and think ff VIII was the best looking game ever made, now i can hardly look at its graphics without cringing.

You are def not an old school gamer then....:p

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Basically this. All fanboys are hypocrites but Cows are THE loudest hypocrites on this site. One year it's "resolution and framerates don't count. Only basement dwelling nerds care about that, Only gameplay matters"

new gen comes "ZOMG! Killzone is 1080p and 60fps, it's better than everything else" while not discussing the gameplay in depth

just wait until consoles have full mod support. i can think of afew posters that would quickly change his personal opinion about it once they get a taste of it.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

You answered your own question.

I have been playing on 720p for the past 8 years. With a new gen i expect to be playing 1080/60fps all the time. Xbox 720p can't do that

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

As a neutral observer.....all fanboys do this. Not just one demographic.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

Fanboys being hypocrites? Nothing new.

I'd say lems are even worse with their crusade on these forums and elsewhere to try and convince others that there's no difference if you sit far enough away from your television, combine that with Cheeto's filters and sharpening so rediculous that it causes halo's. I'd be way more excited for nextgen if the ps4 was the only game system available to me.

But of course it was perfectly fine to pick apart early-midlife cycle multiplats, differences in resolution that were minuscule in comparison to what we are seeing now.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
@handssss said:

The real hypocrisy is all the gaming "journalists" that write off a difference in multiplat resolutions now as no big deal, but would consider them major factors last gen and even score the weaker versions of those mutiplats lower.

One example of a gaming journalist giving a multiplat game a lower score because one was 1080p and the other 720p.

Off you go.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

We've waited 8 years for new consoles so we should expect a sizeable resolution increase. Whether some words on a screen are being hypocritical about it or not is no concern of mine.

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

This thing with so called "unbiased" posters pointing out the hypocrisy of one fanboy group, really make these posters seem like hypocrites.

If you want to show how none fanboyish you are why not point out every groups hypocrisy??

here is a short list i made.

Hermits:

Before: "coding to the metal don't get you that much more optimization out of the hardware!!"

Now: "MANTEL!! MANTEL!! MANTEL!!"

Lemmings:

Before: "360 has the definite version!! better resolution and frame rate!!"

Now: "You really cant tell the difference!!"

Cows:

Before: "paying to play online is such a ripoff!!"

Now: "I'm ok with paying for online because I get free games!!"

Sheep.... not that interested in Nitendo so don't read those threads, but someone else could probably think of something:P

My point is.. if You don't want to look like a closet Fanboy. Stop making threads pointing out one faction:)

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Like I said in the post "all fanboys are hypocrites". Just cows are the most vocal because there's so many of them around here.

Elitist hermits are funny too always trying to downplay how expensive PC gaming is

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninja-Hippo

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By clyde46

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Cows are objectively the worst of a bad bunch. More than one site have written about it. Adam Sessler even did a video dedicated to the amount of hate/death threats he got from PS3 owners for not reviewing games highly enough. He even got abuse when he gave Killzone 2 5/5 because they said his tone of voice didn't seem too enthusiastic about the game in the video review.

All fanboys are capable of being idiots, by their very nature, but cows are by far the worst.

Lest we forgot about the death threats.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Cows are the worst because no other faction has someone like brofists.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@tagyhag said:

Any one who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p needs new eyes.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Oh, please.

The amount of hurt you have shown in this forum over this topic is ridiculous. I remember how fervently you acted during the KZSF reveal and up to E3. Blanket statements in general are never smart, there will always be individual fan boys of each faction that are far more ridiculous than the others.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@Heil68 said:

Were cows mad when the XBox demolished the PS2 in terms of graphics, online play, better multiplats and HDD etc?

I dunno , I wasn't here at that time. I can only talk from my real life, real world experiences.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Oh well the PC crowd just amaze me. I mean why do they bother arguing here? I don't think anyone believes that advances in tech which can be used to upgrade a PC while consoles are stagnant doesn't make it more "powerful". As for the games themselves, as with anything they are subjective.

Anyway back when MS first entered the console market...the MS fanboys were the most insufferable. I think both gens. I guess this gen will be the reverse. Still....I just like gaming and with the loss of Sega...not loyal to any manufacturer.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ReadingRainbow4

@clyde46 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

You want death threats? look no further than Sheep. I don't think we'll ever see another meltdown on the level of twilight princess ever again.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

Mmm.

I say it's not a hypocrisy to want the better graphics, and to appreciate the better graphics on a new console.

For me: the hypocrisy is - those who defended PS360 against PC saying "You can't tell the difference", then this gen say "You can tell the difference between XB1 and PS4".

That's the hypocritical flip flop for me.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 clyde46

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

You want death threats? look no further than Sheep. I don't think we'll ever see another meltdown on the level of twilight princess ever again.

Oh god.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ReadingRainbow4

@psymon100 said:

Mmm.

I say it's not a hypocrisy to want the better graphics, and to appreciate the better graphics on a new console.

For me: the hypocrisy is - those who defended PS360 against PC saying "You can't tell the difference", then this gen say "You can tell the difference between XB1 and PS4".

In defense of those that did that, I will say the difference is a lot smaller there than it was here.

Having a larger than 50% boost in image resolution is huge, most of those cases involves 640p vs 720. sometimes the xbox image wasn't even in 720p and both versions were stuck in sub HD.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ninja-Hippo

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Oh, please.

The amount of hurt you have shown in this forum over this topic is ridiculous. I remember how fervently you acted during the KZSF reveal and up to E3. Blanket statements in general are never smart, there will always be individual fan boys of each faction that are far more ridiculous than the others.

What hurt? Just saying that cows be dumb? Cows are dumb. I'm not hurt about it. And it's not a blanket statement. EVERY cow isn't dumb, though hell being devoted to a piece of metal and plastic to even label yourself 'cow' or anything else is pretty inherently dumb. But by and large cows are the dumbest of a dumb crowd. See Sessler. See entire article on the subject on Destructoid.

And what about the Killzone reveal? I don't even know what you're talking about. Is it because I said Killzone is shitty?

But killzone *is* shitty.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#39 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

For starters, I rarely heard people saying that anything about 720p was unnoticeable. I heard them quite often say 720p was acceptable, but that quite different. Likewise with 30fps vs 60fps. That one was more a balancing act, did you want 60 but less effects, or 30 and more effects (and that will remain a trade off this gen too). Again that's not the same thing as people saying they are indistinguishable (for myself, I generally don't see it, but many do). And as others have said, yes, this is a new gen, standards will be raised. You didn't buy and SNES to get NES level graphics. If all you can pump out is graphics up to last gen standards, you don't justify your existence as a game machine. X1 I think does ultimately justify itself, but it definitely, without any doubt, has some serious lacking qualities so far.

tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

@Ninja-Hippo:

Really don't get that...

as far as I remember sheep's did the same at one point..

And your evidence really is paper thin. I think its because of the small bias we all have towards a product that makes us a little more selective to what another person says about our preferred product. so we have selective picking of what we see as worse. (we don't do it consciously)

I say that because I have a stronger Bias towards Sony's product. and I see it the other way around. I find most lemmings posts of pure fanboyism to be more obnoxious than cows.

But unless you do a full study (good luck with that:P) what one perceives as the worst of the worst, dosn't really reflect the truth ;)

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Oh, please.

What hurt? Just saying that cows be dumb? Cows are dumb. I'm not hurt about it. And it's not a blanket statement. EVERY cow isn't dumb, though hell being devoted to a piece of metal and plastic to even label yourself 'cow' or anything else is pretty inherently dumb. But by and large cows are the dumbest of a dumb crowd. See Sessler. See entire article on the subject on Destructoid.

And what about the Killzone reveal? I don't even know what you're talking about. Is it because I said Killzone is shitty?

You had a pretty large tantrum over users praising the games visuals, you generally came into the thread to troll those interested in the game. I could dig it up.

Eh, I find all fanboys rediculous in their own way. But I don't think I've ever seen the amount of defense the xbox camp is putting up to defend such a huge difference in resolution.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ninja-Hippo

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Oh, please.

You had a pretty large tantrum over users praising the games visuals, you generally came into the thread to troll those interested in the game. I could dig it up.

Eh, I find all fanboys rediculous in their own way. But I don't think I've ever seen the amount of defense the xbox camp is putting up to defend such a huge difference in resolution.

You're just making shit up. Top lol.

Was the 'tantrum' the same as the last post in this thread which you seemed to think was me being 'hurt'? Can people not express passive opinions like 'cows are pretty fucking dumb' or 'killzone is a shit game' without you interpreting it as an emotional complex? Do you think these things keep me up at night?

Its baffling that you can remember threads from months ago that I cannot even slightly, hazily recollect. By all means do dig it up if you seriously have that degree of time and inclination to investigate what I am sure will be nothing more than me saying Killzone has nice graphics but it's a piece of shit.

Unrustle your jimmies and stop taking system wars so seriously. It's a place where people argue about vidyagames for crying out loud.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Ninja-Hippo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@clyde46 said:

Cows.

Oh, please.

You're just making shit up. Top lol.

Was the 'tantrum' the same as the last post in this thread which you seemed to think was me being 'hurt'? Can people not express passive opinions like 'cows are pretty fucking dumb' or 'killzone is a shit game' without you interpreting it as an emotional complex? Do you think these things keep me up at night?

Its baffling that you can remember threads from months ago that I cannot even slightly, hazily recollect. By all means do dig it up if you seriously have that degree of time and inclination to investigate what I am sure will be nothing more than me saying Killzone has nice graphics but it's a piece of shit.

Unrustle your jimmies and stop taking system wars so seriously. It's a place where people argue about vidyagames for crying out loud.

I'm not taking it seriously at all :P

That bit did amuse me however, this thread became a witch hunt based on a few standout fanboys, and yes deeming fans of Sony consoles as the worst faction does seem like a blanket statement to me.

I think most of us know that if the situation was the other way around we'd be seeing the same resolution threads being made from the hardcore Lems day in and day out.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LJS9502_basic

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I do as well....but I think it's more about justifying what they spent their money on. I've always ended up with all the consoles in the given generation. I do have preferences....but that is more about the games than brand.

When MS entered the console market.....the Xbox fan boys were really extreme. Which continued last gen. Now that MS has the "weaker" console.....they can only complain about the Sony fan boys. From what I've seen....it's a double standard to complain about that.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Ninja-Hippo

@tumle said:

@Ninja-Hippo:

Really don't get that...

as far as I remember sheep's did the same at one point..

And your evidence really is paper thin. I think its because of the small bias we all have towards a product that makes us a little more selective to what another person says about our preferred product. so we have selective picking of what we see as worse. (we don't do it consciously)

I say that because I have a stronger Bias towards Sony's product. and I see it the other way around. I find most lemmings posts of pure fanboyism to be more obnoxious than cows.

But unless you do a full study (good luck with that:P) what one perceives as the worst of the worst, dosn't really reflect the truth ;)

Saying one is the worst is not saying the others are ok. 'Worst' is a word referring to degrees. Sheep did indeed flip their shit when TP flopped, but they're definitely not candidates for worst fanboys because there simply aren't enough of them any more. Lemmings I'm sure would also flip their shit if Halo got McShea'd and slapped with a 6 or something, no doubt about it.

But, as Sessler says himself, lemmings and sheep do not fill his inbox with death threats. He doesn't have to disable comments on the video review for any other game other than PS3 games when they first go up. Destructoid have a whole article devoted to comparing the levels of shit they have to put up with from different groups of fanboys, and their conclusion is pretty concrete - 'PS3 fans are the worst of a bad bunch.'

Agree or disagree, for sure, it's just my observation after way too many years perusing this place. Cows massively over-hype damn near everything with insane levels of hyperbole and then react with rage and indignation when the reviews dont match their ridiculous campaign of expectation over-inflating.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ReadingRainbow4

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I do as well....but I think it's more about justifying what they spent their money on. I've always ended up with all the consoles in the given generation. I do have preferences....but that is more about the games than brand.

When MS entered the console market.....the Xbox fan boys were really extreme. Which continued last gen. Now that MS has the "weaker" console.....they can only complain about the Sony fan boys. From what I've seen....it's a double standard to complain about that.

I just purchase what has the games I want on it, part of why I'm not looking to buy the two consoles at launch. The library on each system just doesn't seem justified to me. It all depends on how good the KZSF multiplayer will be as well, something I haven't really had the chance to see yet.

Most likely I'll just be further upgrading my pc, and then picking up a quad sometime in 2014.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@psymon100 said:

Mmm.

In defense of those that did that, I will say the difference is a lot smaller there than it was here.

Having a larger than 50% boost in image resolution is huge, most of those cases involves 640p vs 720. sometimes the xbox image wasn't even in 720p and both versions were stuck in sub HD.

Yeah sorry I'm talking about those more extreme fanboys who said one couldn't see any difference on PC, but also comment on the improvement on the PS4 compared to the bone.

I agree that the difference is probably there with a +50% boost from the GPU, but it amuses me when these same posters were claiming PC versions were indiscernible from console versions just a few months earlier...

In terms of XB360 vs PS3 though, the point you are making, yes I agree the difference between those consoles was minimal.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@psymon100 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@psymon100 said:

Mmm.

Yeah sorry I'm talking about those more extreme fanboys who said one couldn't see any difference on PC, but also comment on the improvement on the PS4 compared to the bone.

I agree that the difference is probably there with a +50% boost from the GPU, but it amuses me when these same posters were claiming PC versions were indiscernible from console versions just a few months earlier...

In terms of XB360 vs PS3 though, the point you are making, yes I agree the difference between those consoles was minimal.

Yeah I see your point with that, that's ridiculous for sure.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Its all about the games!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I just purchase what has the games I want on it, part of why I'm not looking to buy the two consoles at launch. The library on each system just doesn't seem justified to me. It all depends on how good the KZSF multiplayer will be as well, something I haven't really had the chance to see yet.

Most likely I'll just be further upgrading my pc, and then picking up a quad sometime in 2014.

Yeah. With the multi plats being the norm now...it comes down to first party. So since I plan on building a gaming PC...I don't need the X1. Thus the PS4 for sure. And X1 would have to have something really unique on it for me to need it.