Resistance???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zeph_Da_Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Zeph_Da_Bomb
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts
Is Resistance any good?  I am sooooo tempted to go get a PS3 when some more ship to my local GameStop.  I am happy with my 360 right now, but I just want a PS3 for some reason!!!!!!
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Just go to Walmart or Target. They get regular shipments in and have them on shelves most of the time when i run by for things. Gamestop gets nowhere near the amount that Walmart and Target get.

As for Resistance...

It's the only game worth buying a PS3 for. If you can justify paying $600 for the game then i suppose it's well worth it. Otherwise, i'd say wait. I guess VF5 can be picked up with it as well though. Heh.

reaperstoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 reaperstoll
Member since 2006 • 918 Posts
Resistance was a lot of fun, I played through the single player twice fully and then went back and did individual parts of it for the skill points. The multiplayer was fun but I felt like it suffered from a lack of players, most games were between 4v4 and 8v8. It was definitely worth the 60 bucks
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
its a cool game, but you should wait a little if no other game interests you
Zeph_Da_Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zeph_Da_Bomb
Member since 2007 • 152 Posts

Just go to Walmart or Target. They get regular shipments in and have them on shelves most of the time when i run by for things. Gamestop gets nowhere near the amount that Walmart and Target get.

As for Resistance...

It's the only game worth buying a PS3 for. If you can justify paying $600 for the game then i suppose it's well worth it. Otherwise, i'd say wait. I guess VF5 can be picked up with it as well though. Heh.

Puckhog04
thanks dude, none of the stores around many ever have one, and once they had one left, but i didn't have enough money at the time, i have $529 in my bank accout right now, i'm almost there
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

As for Resistance...

Zeph_Da_Bomb

thanks dude, none of the stores around many ever have one, and once they had one left, but i didn't have enough money at the time, i have $529 in my bank accout right now, i'm almost there

Keep saving. :)

There's some good fun to be had with Resistance.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
meh
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts
its a great game and I would take it over Gears anyday
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Puckhog04

its a great game and I would take it over Gears anydaypoopinloop32

No one even mentioned Gears here...

Why is it that anytime Resistance is mentioned someone must mention Gears? Seriously...they aren't even the same genre and the scores are already in on both. Is it that tough to base Resistance on merits of it's own? 

2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
I just played the demo last night. Very good game!
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
Resistance was fun, especially all the cool weapons in the game. Sure, you should go ahead and pick it up. Especially if you already got a PS3.
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]its a great game and I would take it over Gears anydayPuckhog04

Why is it that anytime Resistance is mentioned someone must mention Gears? Seriously...they aren't even the same genre and the scores are already in on both. Is it that tough to base Resistance on merits of it's own? 

fanboysm Cough...cough...
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]its a great game and I would take it over Gears anydayAgentA-Mi6

why does your second gif involve a guy?
Fr3357YL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fr3357YL3
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
The campaign was pretty good but the online is awful.
SOTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SOTE
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
i played it at my friends and it makes me wanna get a ps3 too
SOTE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SOTE
Member since 2004 • 3398 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]its a great game and I would take it over Gears anydayAgentA-Mi6

Why is it that anytime Resistance is mentioned someone must mention Gears? Seriously...they aren't even the same genre and the scores are already in on both. Is it that tough to base Resistance on merits of it's own?

says the man with a sig of a girl enjoying ice cream sexually lol
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 poopinloop32
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]its a great game and I would take it over Gears anydaySOTE

Why is it that anytime Resistance is mentioned someone must mention Gears? Seriously...they aren't even the same genre and the scores are already in on both. Is it that tough to base Resistance on merits of it's own?

thats a girl?
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
[QUOTE="SOTE"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]its a great game and I would take it over Gears anydaypoopinloop32

thats a girl?

Most distrubing sig ive ever seen.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Puckhog04
[QUOTE="SOTE"][QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"][QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="poopinloop32"]its a great game and I would take it over Gears anydaypoopinloop32

thats a girl?

I would really hope so and she just has shorter hair than usual. I'm going to make the assumption that it's a girl simply because i'd much rather it be a girl than a guy so i don't uncontrollably vomit.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AgentA-Mi6
Stop talking about my sig I beg you all :cry:
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AgentA-Mi6
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]Stop talking about my sig I beg you all :cry:Hammerofjustice
How old are you? Why do you like baby cartoons?

Im 17
EtherTwilight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 EtherTwilight
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
Anyway.

Resistance is a great game, but certainly not worthy of the pricetag of the Playstation 3 by itself.  While all I currently own for the PS3 are Resistance and Call of Duty 3, I've gotten loads of play out of Resistance.  Probably around a hundred hours or so, and I'm still loving it.  If you like FPS, it's certainly a well rounded, refined, and polished FPS that's sure not to disappoint.

The online is solid, albeit there are a few grumbles that I have with it.  If you have a clan or a bunch of friends to play with, however, you'll already alleviate one of my primary problems with the online play - Which is the fact that clan members and friends can play online ranked matches with one another.  Outside of that, however, they've done some refining of the online play - Plus, there's an update coming with added maps and matches.  But up to forty players, with lag being virtually nonexistent is great.

There's plenty of other titles coming out for PS3 that look to be solid, as well as additions to the Playstation firmware and experience - Mostly rumored as of now, so I won't go into "details" regarding that - so if those other titles look interesting to you, then by all means, pick up a Playstation 3.  I love Resistance, as do tons of other people, and rightfully so.  It's a solid, and very fun game.
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

The campaign was pretty good but the online is awful.Fr3357YL3

Now I know u dont own a ps3, because I have a ps3 and online is what makes me love this game, I mean yes the single player was great, but its just flat out fun and I cant wait for the new maps in may and hopefully new weapons, but to say it aint fun online, u either dont have the system and never played this game or have dialup, lol.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

As for Resistance...

Puckhog04

Actually R:FOM, RR7, VF5, & Motorstorm are worth owning the PS3. And if you have an HDTV you'll fall in love with blu ray. Untold Legends was actually fun as well. But yea, a lot of the other games are available on 360 right now.... Resistance, VF5, & Motorstorm really do make it worth it though... you just have to play them for yourself to see what I mean. That and I do have an HDTV. If you don't have an HDTV to play one on & watch blu rays, you may be able to wait until the summer.

Sgt_Hale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Sgt_Hale
Member since 2007 • 2257 Posts

[QUOTE="Fr3357YL3"]The campaign was pretty good but the online is awful.squallff8_fan

Now I know u dont own a ps3, because I have a ps3 and online is what makes me love this game, I mean yes the single player was great, but its just flat out fun and I cant wait for the new maps in may and hopefully new weapons, but to say it aint fun online, u either dont have the system and never played this game or have dialup, lol.

lol, agreed. The single player is awesome & the online is among the best I've ever played on a console. It is better than Halo's online so that should give you a good indication.
TemplaerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 TemplaerDude
Member since 2003 • 15254 Posts
It's not worth buying the system for.