Resident Evil: Revelations 2 | First Screen

• 53 results
#1 Edited by Slashkice (13736 posts) -

Source

__

Both images are hosted directly on xbox.com meaning they're legit. Expected platforms per a previous retailer leak are PS4/One/PS360.

I enjoyed the first enough on 3DS to get excited for this. What about you, System Wars?

#2 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (26613 posts) -

dang, beaten. Oh well, that's what I get for researching before posting.

Cross Gen game perhaps? Judging by the 360 boxart. I wonder if this will hit WiiU.

#3 Posted by lundy86_4 (44505 posts) -

I enjoyed the first, so i'll definitely pick this up. I still need to grab the first on 360, as I only played the 3DS version.

#4 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11689 posts) -

No 3DS? Vita? Assuming it skips out handhelds entirely I'm assuming it could be a larger game. Revelations was a fantastic game so hopefully this one is too,

#5 Posted by wolverine4262 (20208 posts) -

Got the first one on steam. So good! Didnt realize there was a sequel. Hope it can match the setting and atmosphere of the first. I wonder if we'll still be with Jill. I liked wetsuit Jill.

#6 Posted by gameofthering (10510 posts) -

I enjoyed the first on 3DS & PC.

I'll grab it when it's on Steam. Hopefully it turns out good.

#7 Posted by Promised_Trini (3637 posts) -

Nice, I have the first one on PS3.I should really get to finishing it.

#8 Edited by jg4xchamp (51371 posts) -

Don't make it for shitty handhelds.

Don't make it for the shitty 3DS control scheme which is shittier than shit for a shooter.

Put it on a mouse and keyboard, or at the least a gamepad and I'll play it, otherwise the controls are trash.

#9 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (26613 posts) -

Heard there's going to be 2 females and a Male Main leads in this one, with "Two that haven’t been seen in over a decade and one has never had an “in-game” appearance."

I'm calling it.

Resident Evil Zero 2

#10 Posted by gameofthering (10510 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart: Hopefully it's Claire.

#11 Posted by SolidTy (46225 posts) -

I will own it, and if it's get great reviews...I'll pick it up near launch.

#12 Edited by nintendoboy16 (28344 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

dang, beaten. Oh well, that's what I get for researching before posting.

Cross Gen game perhaps? Judging by the 360 boxart. I wonder if this will hit WiiU.

Considering Yoshinori Ono said no for Street Fighter on Wii U AND this doesn't seem to make a 3DS installment despite that being where the Revelation game came from, I doubt it.

#13 Posted by Telekill (5272 posts) -

The first was lack luster. Even so, I'll wait till Capcom says it to decide if I care.

#14 Posted by Ballroompirate (23864 posts) -

Do want

#15 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22723 posts) -

No 3ds version even though thats where the first one sold the most?

#16 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

Sweet, haven't played the first but have heard such good things about it.

#17 Posted by ZombeGoast (437 posts) -

Oh cool no 3ds/wii u version while still being cross gen. Stay classy Capcpom

#18 Edited by Blabadon (28949 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy: LOL

#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (13581 posts) -

Infernal mode was terrific. If it wasn't for the lack of variation in enemies over and over, I'd rate it better than RE4. This will obviously come to the pc as well, resulting in Capcom getting my money.

#20 Edited by mariokart97 (870 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Don't make it for the shitty 3DS control scheme which is shittier than shit for a shooter.

Put it on a mouse and keyboard, or at the least a gamepad and I'll play it, otherwise the controls are trash.

CPP makes the 3DS good enough for shooters, I happened to have really enjoyed the 3DS version of Resident Evil Revelations

#21 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26613 posts) -

@nintendoboy16: I actually find Capcom's WiiU approach very interesting. They have no reason to back down from their releases on that system except fear.

Despite Capcom games actually doing pretty decently on WiiU.

#22 Posted by JangoWuzHere (17715 posts) -

I didn't get the praise for the first Revelations. It was a very standard and boring third person shooter...

#23 Posted by lundy86_4 (44505 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere: Why?

#24 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6958 posts) -

Yes ! . First one was really good , miles better than mindless RE6 .

#25 Posted by Technoweirdo (7356 posts) -

Can't just leave whatever the Hell happened in Revelations alone, I suppose. :P I don't think RE6 touched a single plotpoint introduced in Revelations.
Somewhat unrelated, but I wonder if they're going to further push Revelations as a sub-series in a fashion similar to SMT/Persona, only that Revelations is the 'hardcore' series so to speak, but yes, bring it Capcpom.

#26 Posted by jg4xchamp (51371 posts) -

@mariokart97 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

CPP makes the 3DS good enough for shooters, I happened to have really enjoyed the 3DS version of Resident Evil Revelations

A shitty add on that is still vastly inferior to an actual gamepad, much less to a mouse and keyboard. Neato.

#27 Edited by hehe101 (683 posts) -

Much rather have an actual entry into the series, guess we have to waste time for a while, whilst it's being made. I'll still buy it hopefully jill is not in it, so she can be in 7

#28 Edited by Sphire (2076 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Heard there's going to be 2 females and a Male Main leads in this one, with "Two that haven’t been seen in over a decade and one has never had an “in-game” appearance."

I'm calling it.

Resident Evil Zero 2

Uh....Alice?

#29 Posted by Wanderer5 (25726 posts) -

Would love to see a 3DS version, but I have a feeling that won't happen. I get it on PC then if it goes there.

#30 Posted by Chocobo_PS2 (46 posts) -

They need to release pc version at same time. And atleast some players to play. I buyed pc version day 1 and there is no one at co-op...

And grinding make my friend quite half way.

#31 Posted by Kjranu (1324 posts) -

The first game, while it was great, it felt too Japanese in its user interface and graphics especially textures. They REALLY need to update their assets. They look like they haven't since 2005.

#32 Posted by heguain (701 posts) -

Please don't tell me I'll be playing with Chris, I'm tired of Chris..

#33 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (10390 posts) -

I've finished Revelations and while it was the best Resident Evil game for a very long time, it didn't come anywhere near even the worst Dead Space game. What does it say about this FVCKING franchise?

#34 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6641 posts) -

I really need to get the first one

#35 Posted by Kenny789 (10291 posts) -

Not for 3DS? What a shame. I enjoyed the first one solely because of the co-op missions.

#36 Posted by Bardock47 (5382 posts) -

.....needs more Ashley

#37 Edited by lamprey263 (26102 posts) -

I have doubts about this being legit, maybe a dumbass intern or temp worker somewhere is responsible for this, maybe it's some fuck-up on par with Killzone on the Dutch Xbox Facebook.

Anyhow, I have doubts this would be exclusive if it were true, if anybody was worrying about that. Companies rarely if ever make MS exclusives unless MS is paying them, and MS was done paying for Xbox 360 exclusives a long while back. Now, if it were to show Revelations 2 with an Xbox One logo I'd be more inclined to believe that.

Anyhow, the source is a French website, a no-name French website. I wouldn't put it past them to have made this up just for page hit from believers and skeptics alike... and same motivation for anybody regurgitating this story on other websites.

#38 Posted by vitonemesis (3161 posts) -

@heguain said:

Please don't tell me I'll be playing with Chris, I'm tired of Chris..

It's not Chris.

#39 Posted by uninspiredcup (13581 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I've finished Revelations and while it was the best Resident Evil game for a very long time, it didn't come anywhere near even the worst Dead Space game. What does it say about this FVCKING franchise?

Resident Evil is like a fun comic book B-movie. Dead Space has no character, what so ever.

Also Resident Evil Revelations is more balanced. On the hardest difficulty of both Dead Space 1/2 the player trips over resources. In Infernal mode the player if forced to outright run away from enemies to scavenge.

#40 Posted by Star_Skywalker (4023 posts) -

This is a pass since I didn't like the first.

#42 Edited by happyduds77 (1599 posts) -

Meh, I was expecting a reboot, If it turns out to be a great game which I hardly think so I will buy it.

#43 Edited by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -

Prison, uh? That sounds cool.

Really liked Revelations. Played that a lot. Will be picking this up.

#44 Posted by resevl4rlz (3308 posts) -

Is this the ga me where crapcom wants Alice in it

#45 Posted by Litchie (16775 posts) -

So.. No Nintendo platforms what so ever? And it even comes to PS3 and 360? It's very nice to know that Capcom cares about the fans of the 3DS game.. Sarcasm aside, though: Fuck you, Capcom.

#46 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

That prison concept art looks like the gulag from Modern Warfare 2.

#47 Posted by Heil68 (48327 posts) -

Maybe ill try it on PS4.

#48 Posted by Animal-Mother (27167 posts) -

Revelations was a really solid first start in getting the franchise back on track.

So bring on a good revelations 2

#49 Posted by Zelda187 (1047 posts) -

That whole franchise can suck a bag of dicks.

These days, it's Resident Evil in name only.

#50 Posted by IamAdorable (407 posts) -

That is great news :D
I loved the 3DS version. And I also bought the WiiU version.