Resident Evil Creator Says XB1 and PS4 are almost identical

• 47 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Warning: Link not safe for Sony fans.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/23/resident-evil-creator-says-ps4-and-xbox-one-are-almost-identical/

Shinji Mikami, creator of Resident Evil, currently working on the last game he’ll direct – The Evil Within – says “There’s no real difference between them,” when referring to Sony and Microsoft’s next generation machines in this month’s Edge magazine.

“We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical.

“So either will do.”

#2 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Devs are always right according to cows so this must be true

#3 Edited by shawn30 (3696 posts) -

Devs are always right according to cows so this must be true

Yep, lol. Devs and anonymous sources. They are always right, lol.

#4 Posted by LustForSoul (5665 posts) -

Called it.

#5 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Update from Mega Man creator Keiji Inafune: "I don't think there's a major difference between them. If you get down to the tiny details then maybe each is better at one thing than the other, but it doesn't really impact the way you make a game. It's not like PS4 or Xbox One are particularly hard to develop for. Quite the opposite: you can make whatever you want on either one, and that should be enough for anyone."

#6 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (2182 posts) -

omfg secret dGPU confirmed

dat sekrit sauce

Xbox WON

"Why do I have to make two versions of a game?"

Sounds like he's making excuses for releasing a gimped version for the PS4.

#7 Posted by tormentos (15285 posts) -

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/10/23/resident-evil-creator-says-ps4-and-xbox-one-are-almost-identical/

Shinji Mikami, creator of Resident Evil, currently working on the last game he’ll direct – The Evil Within – says “There’s no real difference between them,” when referring to Sony and Microsoft’s next generation machines in this month’s Edge magazine.

“We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game? And when Xbox One was first announced it had lower specs than PS4, but now they’re almost identical.

“So either will do.”

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........

So a 6% GPU upgrade make for 660Gflops epic...

#8 Posted by Heil68 (40475 posts) -

Yea not much difference in 1080(PS4) and 720(Xbone)

#9 Posted by Razor_defiace (1618 posts) -

The power of the cloud strikes again!

#10 Posted by delta3074 (17096 posts) -

@waltefmoney said:

“So either will do.”

Shinji mikami is more credible than you so Buzz off dude:)

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (36413 posts) -

“There’s no real difference between them”

Yeah, I believe so, too. We're not gonna be seeing some crazy ass differences graphically between games.

#12 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

It's the 360 and PS3 again.

#13 Posted by tormentos (15285 posts) -

Aren't you the dude who compared a nameless developer that wanted to remain anonymous on a gaming site with a god knows who poster from a forum.?hahaha

Yeah they are the same reason why the internet is on fire since yesterday at nigh when it was leak that COD Ghost is 720p on xbox and 1080p on PS4,worse COD been openly show on IGN,when MS has a deal with Activision and that never happen before..haha

#14 Posted by delta3074 (17096 posts) -

Aren't you the dude who compared a nameless developer that wanted to remain anonymous on a gaming site with a god knows who poster from a forum.?hahaha

Yeah they are the same reason why the internet is on fire since yesterday at nigh when it was leak that COD Ghost is 720p on xbox and 1080p on PS4,worse COD been openly show on IGN,when MS has a deal with Activision and that never happen before..haha

Shiniji Mikami >Poster from a forum>nameless dev>you.

Cry more dude.

#15 Edited by hoosier7 (3283 posts) -

Rule 1, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

#16 Edited by Terrencec06 (3256 posts) -

Who cares

#17 Posted by Aparthide (235 posts) -

Yeah, I believe so, too. We're not gonna be seeing some crazy ass differences graphically between games.

Well if the rumors are true I'd consider a 100% increase in resolution to be quite a difference.

#18 Edited by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -

Watch as lems convienently ignore the dozens of other devs that have said otherwise.

#19 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1538 posts) -

Yes almost identical. X1 can do at 900p what PS4 can do at 1080.

#20 Posted by Zophar87 (4324 posts) -

This is the same man who told us RE6 would take the series back to it's roots.

#21 Edited by Gue1 (8082 posts) -

Mikami is the same man that wanted to make the Resident Evil franchise exclusive to Nintendo but at the end Capcom didn't allow it and he left the company. He never been a fan a Sony and beside:

"We only need one console. Why do I have to make two versions of a game?"

He's most likely talking about the architecture and the fact that he'll be able to do straight ports because they are identical.

#22 Posted by delta3074 (17096 posts) -

Watch as lems convienently ignore the dozens of other devs that have said otherwise.

Which devs are they then?

#23 Posted by 2mrw (4950 posts) -

did the Xbone get a secret upgrade that I dun know abt?

#24 Edited by StormyJoe (4021 posts) -

But, they haven't. Sorry. Almost all multiplat devs who have been interviewed have said the same thing - they are about the same. Not sure why cows can't get that threw their heads... err... horns...

#25 Edited by Heil68 (40475 posts) -

@maninflames-77 said:

But, they haven't. Sorry. Almost all multiplat devs who have been interviewed have said the same thing - they are about the same. Not sure why cows can't get that threw their heads... err... horns...

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/71218-bf4-runs-at-higher-resolution-in-ps4-than-x1-ea-confirmed/

What does EA say BF4 runs better on PS4 then?

#26 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Kojima said the same thing. So did Carmack. I think Xbox will evolve over time due to the cloud. As network infrastructures increase so will the power of Xbox One.

#27 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

It's funny that people are forgetting the release of PS3. Sony was releasing charts stating PS3 was 3 to 4 times more powerful than 360. We all know how that turned out. LOL.

#28 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Except one can do 1080p in COD, while the other can't
Isn't this like the 10th thread about the 720p butthurt?

#30 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

That was what I saw at Digital Nationz, yeah.

If PS4 has an edge all gen long, that would be interesting. Looking forward to seeing the releases.

#31 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

@jimmypsn said:

Kojima said the same thing. So did Carmack. I think Xbox will evolve over time due to the cloud. As network infrastructures increase so will the power of Xbox One.

Nah man the anonymous neogaf "insiders" are much more credible and knowledgeable than legendary programmers and game designers.

#32 Edited by tonitorsi (7585 posts) -

Never seen so many Alts in one thread.

#33 Posted by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Funny how in most threads Lems say they don't care about the res difference, yet here we are (again)

Just stop the charade already

#34 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (11030 posts) -

Oh those tears will do wonders for my lawn, thank you.

#35 Posted by I_can_haz (5686 posts) -

Yep, I agree with him not much difference between 1080p and 720p lol.

I'm sure most lems won't notice the difference since they have crappy eyesight. Happy gaming everyone.

#37 Posted by TheRealBigRich (616 posts) -

@maninflames-77 said:

Which devs are they then?

I wonder if this question will ever be answered

#38 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5569 posts) -

They are very similar as they both use a AMD GPU and CPU. And both have 8GB of ram. So saying they are almost the same is not really out of this world. But if you go in to detail on both system the PS4 is designed a lot better than the xbox one.

#39 Edited by LJS9502_basic (148551 posts) -

@maninflames-77 said:

Bascially yes....they aren't any different to develop for....that is the key words. Doesn't mean they aren't different though. Used to be that consoles were vastly different when it came to developing.

#40 Posted by cainetao11 (14369 posts) -

Yes almost identical. X1 can do at 900p what PS4 can do at 1080.

Forza 5 is 1080p so X1 can as well. In the end the only people this matters to are idiots who put some stake in a competition that they really have no stake in.

#41 Posted by Shewgenja (6823 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

This is the same man who told us RE6 would take the series back to it's roots.

/thread

#42 Posted by tormentos (15285 posts) -

Shiniji Mikami >Poster from a forum>nameless dev>you.

Cry more dude.

Hahaha..

This make the difference between both units all the sweeter seen you holding to anything...haha

#43 Edited by tormentos (15285 posts) -

@jimmypsn said:

It's funny that people are forgetting the release of PS3. Sony was releasing charts stating PS3 was 3 to 4 times more powerful than 360. We all know how that turned out. LOL.

Really do you have a link.? Because the charts i remember on 2005 were made by Major nelson,and he even claim that the Xenon >> Cell..lol

When we know Cell walk all over the Xenon CPU.

276Gb/s bandwidth for the xbox 360 by adding bandwidth like apples kind like they do now.hahaha

waltefmoney

Nah man the anonymous neogaf "insiders" are much more credible and knowledgeable than legendary programmers and game designers.

Funny thing is that what has been leak on neogaf has hold off,while Mikami may be looking for a job..hahaha

The best part is how he say the PS4 was stronger until a crappy 6% GPU upgrade that doesn't even make for the 10% GPU reservation the console has.

660Gflosp is nothing to mikami when in real life is more than half of the xbox one total power.

#44 Posted by StormyJoe (4021 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@maninflames-77 said:

Bascially yes....they aren't any different to develop for....that is the key words. Doesn't mean they aren't different though. Used to be that consoles were vastly different when it came to developing.

True, but they are typically talking about performance differences. In the world of computers, 30% more power in one area really doesn't amount to much. Same with anything else - a 780HP car is marginally faster than a 600HP car.

#45 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

All I know is I want The Evil Within to come to PC

#46 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (4948 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Yea not much difference in 1080(PS4) and 720(Xbone)

OUCH!

1.8 VS 1.1 TFLOPS

#47 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (622 posts) -

"almost identical" meaning they are not. You can still see the difference.

#48 Posted by bluegender (1143 posts) -

@LustForSoul:

“So either will do.”

" almost identical" means that there's still some differences between the two.

#49 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7564 posts) -

I'm the biggest sony fanboy here and even I admit the ps4 is just a bit more powerful than the Xbone.

#50 Posted by princeofshapeir (13332 posts) -

This doesn't make the facts go away.

PS4 is technically superior to XB1. It's not a massive, game-changing difference, but it is ahead by a larger margin than the one between the 360 and PS3.

And that's really all that needs to be said about the PS4: $399 for superior hardware, $100 cheaper than the technically inferior competition. There's a higher threshold for what can be achieved with Sony's console than with Microsoft's and if there's one thing we learned this gen, it's that Sony's first party devs know how to make the most of the hardware they're given.