Resident Evil 7 is Xbox One exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

Have to say I'd be shocked if this is true, but if it is then its certainly a feather in Microsoft's cap.

#202 Posted by Ballroompirate (23030 posts) -

@DaBrainz said:

Just like RE4 was gamecube exclusive.

and Revelations

#203 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@Sagemode87 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: PS4 is kicking Xbox Ones ass right now. If Capcom is interested in making money, they would release the game for PS4. I wouldn't hold my breath for the game being exclusive.

First of all PS4 isn't exactly kicking Xbox One's ass a bit ahead doesn't translate to ass kicking. Second Capcom can make this Xbox One exclusive and still release on Xbox 360 and PS3 and make money. The money from PS4 sales probably a drop in the bucket right now which MS can easily compensate with cash - you know that paper thing that MS has a lot of and Sony none.

Wow.

#204 Edited by speedfog (3224 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: And? I I don't care to play Titanfall. Angry Joe's review was right on and exposed the game and reviewing industry for the shills they are. No private matches but the game still gets 9s and 10s? Lmao, hope the score makes the game funner for you. Infamous SS, Outlast, Don't Starve, Killzone, Resogun, and Flower says hi. What's your point?

All lower then the Titanfall score.

#205 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

@StormyJoe: And your responses in this thread read like a fanboy trying to rustle feathers.

A company can have secrets, although the more people a secret involves, the less chance of not hearing about it. We knew about Dead Rising 3 and its exclusivity/publishing deal way before it was announced from actual credible sources, and I had heard about it from my own professional work experience. And if I haven't heard a peep about something like this, I highly doubt it would happen.

#206 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (987 posts) -

RE7 might be the best of the series yet cant freaking waitz.

Some survival Zombie games already announced for Xbox One and now this action packed ZombieGame with some RPG elements.

Lets wait until some real confirmation from capcom before we can be asured it will be Xbox One only.

#207 Edited by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

@StormyJoe: And your responses in this thread read like a fanboy trying to rustle feathers.

A company can have secrets, although the more people a secret involves, the less chance of not hearing about it. We knew about Dead Rising 3 and its exclusivity/publishing deal way before it was announced from actual credible sources, and I had heard about it from my own professional work experience. And if I haven't heard a peep about something like this, I highly doubt it would happen.

Well, that's just super. All I am saying is that companies can keep a secret when they want to - hence the "bombshell announcement". It's not like a CEO wakes up one morning and says "hey, I am going to make a bombshell announcement today!"... they are planned out.

Also, "professional work experience"? Really? Isn't most work a "profession"? That's like saying "the wet water".

#208 Edited by xxyetixx (1296 posts) -

@Sagemode87: Titanfall has its problems but it is fun and has way more replay value than anything you listed for PS4. With Forza, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, PvZ:GW, and Ryse there is plenty of fun to be had on X1. Plus Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break look promising. I know you wanna defend ur console and speak highly of it but how can you really justify it??

#209 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@theshensolidus said:

Well, that's just super. All I am saying is that companies can keep a secret when they want to - hence the "bombshell announcement". It's not like a CEO wakes up one morning and says "hey, I am going to make a bombshell announcement today!"... they are planned out.

Also, "professional work experience"? Really? Isn't most work a "profession"? That's like saying "the wet water".

The bombshell announcement? My last project was the bombshell announcement at E3, and we were STILL leaked 4 weeks in advance by multiple sources. The more people involved in any project, the harder it is to keep it a secret. Especially if its spread across multiple companies.

#210 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

@StormyJoe said:

@theshensolidus said:

The bombshell announcement? My last project was the bombshell announcement at E3, and we were STILL leaked 4 weeks in advance by multiple sources. The more people involved in any project, the harder it is to keep it a secret. Especially if its spread across multiple companies.

Wait... someone who works in the industry is on SW forums. Wow, that's so believable. I so believe you work for a company that was at E3. I really, really, do.

/end sarcasm.

NDAs. My company uses them, and we don't have leaks. So do a lot of companies... How many leaks does skunk works have? Boeing? GM? Oh yeah, none.

#211 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@theshensolidus said:

@StormyJoe said:

@theshensolidus said:

Wait... someone who works in the industry is on SW forums. Wow, that's so believable. I so believe you work for a company that was at E3. I really, really, do.

/end sarcasm.

NDAs. My company uses them, and we don't have leaks. So do a lot of companies... How many leaks does skunk works have? Boeing? GM? Oh yeah, none.

Your right, in fields where you are dealing with classified documents, national security, and multiple clearance levels, sure. These are videogames with NDAs that are almost RARELY ever pursued in actual court. We JUST went through AC: Unity getting in-development assets leaked on kotaku, followed by an actual reveal of the product. Tons of the going ons within this industry get leaked all the time. Again, this isn't information of national security; these aren't employees who have local law enforcement drive to their homes if they don't show up for work for two days straight without explanation.

We just had a leaker post a TON of what MS had planned in their 2014/2015 lineup, and you're sitting here thinking people can keep secrets if there are tons of people involved. Edward Snowden is living example that even in the world of national security and classified intel, we STILL get leaked information to the public. And it still boils down to - the more people you involve in something, the more likely it is to get out there.

And you really shouldn't scoff at the notion that some people here in SW might actually work within this industry. At the very least, in my case, you'd be shocked.

#212 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3847 posts) -
@Yangire said:

"According to German website XboxDynasty, Resident Evil 7 will be an Xbox One exclusive game that's scheduled to launch in January of 2015."

Sounds like a legit source to me!

@SolidGame_basic said:

you can have it

Suppose there's not much more to add.

#213 Posted by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

@StormyJoe said:

@theshensolidus said:

@StormyJoe said:

@theshensolidus said:

/end sarcasm.

Your right, in fields where you are dealing with classified documents, national security, and multiple clearance levels, sure. These are videogames with NDAs that are almost RARELY ever pursued in actual court. We JUST went through AC: Unity getting in-development assets leaked on kotaku, followed by an actual reveal of the product. Tons of the going ons within this industry get leaked all the time. Again, this isn't information of national security; these aren't employees who have local law enforcement drive to their homes if they don't show up for work for two days straight without explanation.

We just had a leaker post a TON of what MS had planned in their 2014/2015 lineup, and you're sitting here thinking people can keep secrets if there are tons of people involved. Edward Snowden is living example that even in the world of national security and classified intel, we STILL get leaked information to the public. And it still boils down to - the more people you involve in something, the more likely it is to get out there.

And you really shouldn't scoff at the notion that some people here in SW might actually work within this industry. At the very least, in my case, you'd be shocked.

Still don't believe you, sorry. But, I will say that if development studios choose to not prosecute leakers, they are getting what they deserve.

#214 Posted by I-AM-N00B (410 posts) -

I guess we'll have to wait to E3 to see if the rumour is true! If it is Xbox One exclusive we'll never hear the end of it from the Xbox fanboys, and Sony fanboys will just say they don't care, even if they are fans of the series.

#215 Edited by bforrester420 (1654 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kuu2 said:

Didn't assume hence the phrase "Please tell me".............

I think that has more to do right now though with not having compelling exclusives. Even Forza is not great and Sony's well................We know the story there. This the year and next should tells us how exclusives will sell.

I agree, and consequently feel dirty. Hopefully no more bait and switch like the Forza situation.

I don't own Forza but I will be damned if I don't admit it is AAAe by Gamespot standards. Just like Infamous (Notice I don't call it FlopAmous any more) has met its hype, where I for sure thought it would flop at 7.

I might be a Fanboy at times but I am not a damn hypocrite.

I will never understand this considering how content-starved Forza 5 is in comparison to its predecessors.

#216 Posted by SupaHype (1 posts) -

Resident Evil 5 was the highest selling of the entire series. RE6 still sold well, even though it got bad reviews. After actually playing through it, I truly liked the game a lot. I think RE5 & RE6 represented a new direction from the previous in the series. Truthfully, I like that new direction better than the tired fixed camera and low ammo scenarios from the previous... I just don't think that format works anymore.

This will be big news for the X community if it is true though.

#217 Edited by foxhound_fox (88702 posts) -
@Bread_or_Decide said:

I'm not even sure why dead rising 3 was x1 exclusive.

Capcom executive shortly after meeting with Microsoft executives on the exclusivity of Dead Rising 3:

#218 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Thread backfire

#219 Posted by foxhound_fox (88702 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

Capcom would be fvckin DUMB to put RE7 as an exclusive

Unless MS was paying them a substantial amount of money to keep it exclusive that would make up for whatever sales they might receive from making it multiplat on the PS4. Which, given how the RE series has been going as of late, wouldn't be that much money.

#220 Posted by cainetao11 (17708 posts) -

I loved RE and RE2 back in the day on PS. Didn't play another until 4 on PS2, and I liked it. I played 6 then 5 co op with a buddy and had great fun on PS3. I understand the complaints but we had fun with them. I loved playing the Ada wong missions co op with the no frills character that we dubbed "agent 46", figuring he flunked out Hitman and was relegated to RE6. As far as this news, I'd play 7 as long as I'm co oping. I cant get into them solo

#222 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

Damn people really hate President Evil now. Despite the many improvements.

#223 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (875 posts) -

Why hasn't this been locked?

You'd be banned on other websites for posting shit like this. Yet, this thread doesn't even get locked.

#224 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1749 posts) -

The Evil Within is the new RE4. No one cares about RE7 lol

#225 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

I don't have a problem with this, the series have gone to the dogs already anyway.

#226 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

If Capcom re-focuses the series, then this could be a huge exclusive for the X1. If RE7 continues the path that RE5 and 6 have gone down, then who cares!!

#227 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@ KillzoneSnake

Thats true, The Evil Within will be just just President Evil 4, which was pretty much just like President Evil 5 without the co-op. It will start creepy and 3 hours in will features alot of shoot outs just like President Evil 4. Atleast thats IGN's impression.

#228 Posted by clyde46 (46592 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@kuu2 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@kuu2 said:

Didn't assume hence the phrase "Please tell me".............

I think that has more to do right now though with not having compelling exclusives. Even Forza is not great and Sony's well................We know the story there. This the year and next should tells us how exclusives will sell.

I agree, and consequently feel dirty. Hopefully no more bait and switch like the Forza situation.

I don't own Forza but I will be damned if I don't admit it is AAAe by Gamespot standards. Just like Infamous (Notice I don't call it FlopAmous any more) has met its hype, where I for sure thought it would flop at 7.

I might be a Fanboy at times but I am not a damn hypocrite.

I will never understand this considering how content-starved Forza 5 is in comparison to its predecessors.

Forza 4 had tons of content.

#229 Posted by bigblunt537 (6869 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised honestly. Isn't Capcom strapped for cash? Wouldn't be surprised if MS worked out some huge deal to get some Xbox 1 exclusives.

#230 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5066 posts) -

shout out to @StormyJoe and @kingtito, they always get owned but never stop saying stupid shit. keep it up guys, sw wont be sw without u

#231 Posted by Heil68 (45148 posts) -

TC got owned again.

#232 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4802 posts) -

Wait a minute. Was or not RE7 confirmed to be a X1 exclusive. If not, then why this thread is still on ? What moderators are doing, munching Doritos ?

#233 Posted by Rocky_Denace (143 posts) -

All Capcom has to do is bring back Typewriters and Save rooms in tight corridor yet still open when needed in a confined environment mansion or some type of confined facility environment and then have this again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xp7NtRiu204 and RE will be back

#234 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@ Rocky_Denace

And Consumers will be gone, because Nostalgia doesn't sell, meaning president evil will die anyway when the Studio goes under trying to cater to the few hardcore fans who probobly won't by the game anyway because no matter what, it just isn't the same President Evil you played last century.

#235 Edited by Ackad (3183 posts) -

Lock this thread Mods.

#236 Posted by Rocky_Denace (143 posts) -

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@ Rocky_Denace

And Consumers will be gone, because Nostalgia doesn't sell, meaning president evil will die anyway when the Studio goes under trying to cater to the few hardcore fans who probobly won't by the game anyway because no matter what, it just isn't the same President Evil you played last century.

This is entirely wrong RE sells on the RE name it does not sell if it is action orientated or not? You totally underestimate the gamers out there. RE has a huge fan base but also has name recognition. You see Capcom even thought this with RE6 and thought they needed a more action style game and look at the backlash and out cry it received. So these same gamers and people who like RE will respond positively to a RE7 if they go back to it's roots. Capcom has no other choice they have to go back to RE roots if they don't it will truly be done forever.

#237 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13654 posts) -

@ Rocky_Denace

Survival Horror is a Niche genre, The Name sure as hell won't get it that far, hell, the movies are more successfull than the games and thats all thanks to Action ! ! !....... And co-op !

#238 Posted by Phazevariance (10981 posts) -

Lol cows asking for this thread to be locked. The xbone fell short for hardware specs this generation so I don't don't that at minimum for the start of this gen that ms will secure exclusives to get people to wasn't an x1 more. If re7 turns out to be a great game somehow cows will go apeshit. Ps4 does have better hardware but ms is stock piling the better games right now.

#239 Edited by kingtito (5014 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

shout out to @StormyJoe and @kingtito, they always get owned but never stop saying stupid shit. keep it up guys, sw wont be sw without u

LOL,...right back at you kid. Keep the ignorance flowing amigo.

#240 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

There was a topic on Neogaf that said Capcom was announcing a major game for PS4 at E3 and that game is likely Resident Evil 7. So this exclusive non-sense can die. I could see Dino Crisis being a series Microsoft revives like Dead Rising 3,maybe. But Resident Evil will be a PS4 system seller in Japan.

#241 Posted by Rocky_Denace (143 posts) -

http://gamingbolt.com/directx-12-will-boost-xbox-ones-possibilities-will-prompt-sony-to-boost-ps4-to-leave-dev

#242 Posted by lostrib (37629 posts) -

@rocky_denace said:

http://gamingbolt.com/directx-12-will-boost-xbox-ones-possibilities-will-prompt-sony-to-boost-ps4-to-leave-dev

stop spamming that link everywhere

#243 Posted by Rocky_Denace (143 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

It applies to X1 PC and Sony will try to copy it so this effects RE7

#244 Posted by lostrib (37629 posts) -

@rocky_denace said:

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

Do you have to use a standing desk because of all your butthurt?

#245 Posted by Rocky_Denace (143 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

Stalk much?

#246 Posted by lundy86_4 (43526 posts) -

@rocky_denace said:

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

Stop spamming.

#247 Posted by lostrib (37629 posts) -

@rocky_denace said:

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

Stalk much?

You do realize that GS sends notifications when a user is quoted/mentioned, right?

#248 Posted by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Dat month old necro lol

#249 Edited by Rocky_Denace (143 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

@lostrib said:

@rocky_denace said:

Stalk much?

You do realize that GS sends notifications when a user is quoted/mentioned, right?

Yeah but I can always count on you it's ok your butthurt is massive

#250 Posted by Indicud (739 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said: