Resident Evil 7 is Xbox One exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Is this the end of Resident Evil then?

#152 Posted by musicalmac (24445 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@R4gn4r0k said:
@musicalmac said:

Big if true. It's going to be about exclusives this year.

Although, one must think, if it's exclusive on Xbox One, it's got a good shot at PC, too...

Not if its published by Microsoft.

Forza 5, Dead Rising, Ryse = Published by Microsoft = not on PC

Titanfall = not published by Micorosoft = also on PC

Alank Wake, Mass Effect, Fable, Dust, State of Decay, Gears of War, Viva Pinata all published by MS also on PC

Good catch, AM.

#153 Posted by MonsieurX (33750 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

@MonsieurX said:
@xboxdone74 said:

Lol. Capcom making an exclusive? Not a chance in hell.

lol Dead Rising 3

LOL Capcom (Vancouver)

lol owned

Still an exclusive from Capcom

#154 Posted by R4gn4r0k (19991 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@R4gn4r0k said:
@musicalmac said:

Big if true. It's going to be about exclusives this year.

Although, one must think, if it's exclusive on Xbox One, it's got a good shot at PC, too...

Not if its published by Microsoft.

Forza 5, Dead Rising, Ryse = Published by Microsoft = not on PC

Titanfall = not published by Micorosoft = also on PC

Alank Wake, Mass Effect, Fable, Dust, State of Decay, Gears of War, Viva Pinata all published by MS also on PC

Good catch, AM.

Agreed, that list of games just further proves that Forza won't be coming to PC.

Most of those games were not published by MS on PC, because MS would rather keep them exclusive, so the developers themselves had to self-publish them on PC.

And there are games like Fable and Gears of War which are very old.

MS hasn't published a big budget Xbox port on PC for years.

#155 Posted by misterpmedia (5442 posts) -

Can't wait for this to be proven false. Will certainly eat crow if it's true though. Capcom must be mad to make Resi exclusive to one platform. If it's exclusive and exactly like Resi 6, then I probably won't be bothered. Still haven't bought Resi 6, don't plan to either. Hot garbage of a franchise a shadow of its former self. If it's exclusive and is more like The Evil Within, then I'm gonna be bothered. Drop the shoot-bangs and bring back the survival horror, use lot's of lighting techniques for the new hardware and bring back the scares.

#156 Posted by Mark36111 (560 posts) -

@CR00K said:

If Capcom did this, it would just be one more reason to hate them.

Stupid point. Did you hate them after they made a deal to release new Resident Evil games exclusively to Gamecube, and then proceeded to make two of the best entries into the franchise (REmake and RE4)? Trash them if they continue to make shitty games, not for potential business decisions concerning platforms.

And I'd personally be really surprised if this rumor turned out to be true. I'd buy timed exclusivity since most Resident Evil games have fit that description, but there's no way Capcom releases a new, main series game on only one console. Hell, there were articles from just a few months back about how they considered the Gamecube exclusives sales disasters.

#157 Posted by vickissv2 (1814 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Resident Evil 5 is indeed a great game. It's become hip to hate it, like how people hate America, even though it's keeping the world safe.

LMFAO , the brainwashing is strong here....

#158 Posted by CloudStrife213 (430 posts) -

Couldn't really care less either way, RE has gone downhill ever since RE5.

#159 Posted by Daious (2294 posts) -

There isn't one major new site that is reporting this is there?

#160 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

X1 owners can have that game, it's not like i have bought any of the previous ones. Capcom is stupid for doing this though

#161 Posted by ominous_titan (954 posts) -

Won't surprise me at all, capcom and xbox have an interesting relationship all the way back to xbox beginnings hence Steel Battalion. Shit with how cash strapped capcom is lately I wouldn't be surprised if ms buys them outright.

#162 Posted by jsmoke03 (13695 posts) -

hows that going to sell in japan lol?

#163 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3627 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

RE 5 & 6 were shit. But still, Capcom would be morons to make it exclusive to Xbox One.

#164 Posted by killatwill15 (855 posts) -

is there any proof of this?

this is as reliable as that uncharted collection rumor....with the same amount of evidence.

**** it, since you lemmings are so desperate ima start a rumour right now.

half life 3 will be xbox one exclusive, ms is going to integrate valve os as an app for xbone..

INSIDER INFO for retarded lems with no hope.

don't believe me? here is a link to prove it.

Loading Video...

#165 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

NICE! more games for the xbox one... it always was the sort of zombie game system. Have fun waiting years for games cows.

LMAO even if it does go to Xbox One you can have it 5 was garbage and 6 was abysmal and awful the series went to shit after 4.

jealous, and angry. LOL

#166 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3563 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

NICE! more games for the xbox one... it always was the sort of zombie game system. Have fun waiting years for games cows.

LMAO even if it does go to Xbox One you can have it 5 was garbage and 6 was abysmal and awful the series went to shit after 4.

jealous, and angry. LOL

"it always was the sort of zombie game system."

LMFAO it has DR3 and Plants and Zombies which is a timed exclusive keep trying fanboy.

#168 Posted by Randolph (10542 posts) -

Dead Rising 3 only sold well because it was a launch game. If Dead Rising 3 had been released in the later part of this year, it would have been a total disaster. Of course, the source the OP gave is a bad joke, but the idea that Capcom would be dumb enough to assume so much off the sales of Dead Rising 3 isn't that far out there considering how monumentally inept that once great company is today.

#169 Posted by LJS9502_basic (155600 posts) -

I think if true more than one site would report it....it would lose money for Capcom if they went exclusive...particularly to the less popular console.....

#170 Posted by DefconRave (806 posts) -

Only reason I can think of for this (IF its true, which I doubt) is that Capcom is on its last legs and needs a large injection of cash quick, and which better short term sugar daddy can you get than MS who is desperate to boost xbone sales anyway possible?

#171 Posted by stereointegrity (10979 posts) -

still wont sell xbones in japan

#172 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3563 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

NICE! more games for the xbox one... it always was the sort of zombie game system. Have fun waiting years for games cows.

LMAO even if it does go to Xbox One you can have it 5 was garbage and 6 was abysmal and awful the series went to shit after 4.

jealous, and angry. LOL

"it always was the sort of zombie game system."

LMFAO it has DR3 and Plants and Zombies which is a timed exclusive keep trying fanboy.

your so angry lol. if only you'd put that much effort in actually getting laid.

Lmao!! Is that how you defend yourself with a grade 7 insult?!!! Keep trying keep trying moron, keep trying!

#173 Posted by DefconRave (806 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

still wont sell xbones in japan

To be fair I think M$ gave up on Japan after x360 flopped despite all the jrpg support.

#174 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9535 posts) -

Why would Capcom, who's strapped for money, make one of their most popular franchises an Xbox One exclusive? It makes very little sense.

#175 Edited by DefconRave (806 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Why would Capcom, who's strapped for money, make one of their most popular franchises an Xbox One exclusive? It makes very little sense.

Timed exclusive with a sizable donation from MS would be my guess.

#176 Edited by Shmiity (5615 posts) -

That is very interesting news, if its true. But like everyone else said: resident evil 6 was a mess, so I would need a lot of convincing to give a shit about 7. Especially with Evil Within coming out this august.

#177 Posted by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

I've posted earlier as to why this is all a fabrication, but since it's been bumped lately, I thought i'd repost my original one:

So much wrong with the article the OP linked... I might have to sit down for this one.

So, while a new entry for Resident Evil is most assuredly coming, it probably won't have '7' at the end of the title, and it will DEFINITELY not be Xbox One exclusive. Now, i'm not gonna claim insider knowledge from this - as someone who is pretty close to MS going ons, I think I would've heard something about this by now, and I haven't. I know what some of you are going to say - just because I haven't heard about it, doesn't mean this deal can't be real. And you're right, and thats why i'm saying it won't be exclusive. Logic alone dictates why this is definitely not the case with the next main game in the RE series, whatever it may be called.

First, lets start with Capcom making a game in a series that typically does really well WW, but in particular, it does well in Japan. Biohazard (as its known in Japan) is a big franchise there, and Capcom wouldn't go and disrupt what is guaranteed to be Japanese sales by keeping it exclusive on the one console family who's lineage has done TERRIBLY in Japan. Its a cultural thing, really. And before any of you say "Well, then that means MS will pay for exclusivity here in the states", remember, Capcom Japan's board would have to sign off on it it, and there is no way they would be okay creating a PS4 version and not release it WW to maximize profits, especially on the console that is leading WW, that is just being dumb.

Just like Dead Rising, Capcom would still retain the rights to the series, and they wouldn't want to go and alienate a rather large audience for what is arguably their biggest franchise. Their corporate portfolio is only strong as how many copies they can sell in each respective series, so they wouldn't hobble one franchise's reach just for a small payday. Dead Rising 3 was a different case, as that game wouldn't have even been developed had MS not stepped in and funded it's development and published the game.

So, TL;DR; chance of this being true? 0 to 0.5%.

#178 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

NICE! more games for the xbox one... it always was the sort of zombie game system. Have fun waiting years for games cows.

LMAO even if it does go to Xbox One you can have it 5 was garbage and 6 was abysmal and awful the series went to shit after 4.

jealous, and angry. LOL

"it always was the sort of zombie game system."

LMFAO it has DR3 and Plants and Zombies which is a timed exclusive keep trying fanboy.

your so angry lol. if only you'd put that much effort in actually getting laid.

Lmao!! Is that how you defend yourself with a grade 7 insult?!!! Keep trying keep trying moron, keep trying!

your stupidity is not worth my time, xbox 360 was the zombie console and xbox one is proving to be it again. you mad.

#179 Posted by lostrib (48174 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

NICE! more games for the xbox one... it always was the sort of zombie game system. Have fun waiting years for games cows.

LMAO even if it does go to Xbox One you can have it 5 was garbage and 6 was abysmal and awful the series went to shit after 4.

jealous, and angry. LOL

"it always was the sort of zombie game system."

LMFAO it has DR3 and Plants and Zombies which is a timed exclusive keep trying fanboy.

your so angry lol. if only you'd put that much effort in actually getting laid.

Lmao!! Is that how you defend yourself with a grade 7 insult?!!! Keep trying keep trying moron, keep trying!

your stupidity is not worth my time, xbox 360 was the zombie console and xbox one is proving to be it again. you mad.

You mean it's dead?

#180 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (11810 posts) -

@TheShensolidus Is that why Capcom made a deal with Nintendo for REmake, RE0 and RE4? and don't forget Dead Rising 1 was also Xbox exclusive. That Wii spin-off bore little resemblance to it. Besides, didn't MS fund DR1 as well?

#181 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@TheShensolidus Is that why Capcom made a deal with Nintendo for REmake, RE0 and RE4? and don't forget Dead Rising 1 was also Xbox exclusive. That Wii spin-off bore little resemblance to it. Besides, didn't MS fund DR1 as well?

Things in the industry were VERY different back then. Comparing the development decision making process of 2002 to 2014 is like comparing film-making decisions from the 1990s to now - it's apples to oranges.

Hell, in the case you bring up (RE4), the guy heading that project at Capcom SWORE that RE4 would never release on anything other than Gamecube; we all know how that turned out.

As for Dead Rising - look at the development history of that game, but more importantly look at the deal that brought us Dead Rising 3. It was a Capcom game from the first year of the 360 that was designed to appeal to Western tastes specifically. For 3, Capcom took a deal that had them developing the game, while MS funded and published the title. With a game like Resident Evil, which is a far better selling and way more important title for their company portfolio, Capcom would never go single platform.

#182 Posted by Sagemode87 (1246 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries: PS4 is kicking Xbox Ones ass right now. If Capcom is interested in making money, they would release the game for PS4. I wouldn't hold my breath for the game being exclusive.

#183 Posted by StrongBlackVine (11124 posts) -

Why is a topic with a blatantly false title allowed to stand for days? Mods here are shit.

#184 Posted by Scipio8 (868 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@Salt_The_Fries: PS4 is kicking Xbox Ones ass right now. If Capcom is interested in making money, they would release the game for PS4. I wouldn't hold my breath for the game being exclusive.

First of all PS4 isn't exactly kicking Xbox One's ass a bit ahead doesn't translate to ass kicking. Second Capcom can make this Xbox One exclusive and still release on Xbox 360 and PS3 and make money. The money from PS4 sales probably a drop in the bucket right now which MS can easily compensate with cash - you know that paper thing that MS has a lot of and Sony none.

#185 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

First of all PS4 isn't exactly kicking Xbox One's ass a bit ahead doesn't translate to ass kicking.

6.3 million to 3.7 million

lolololololololololololol

Second Capcom can make this Xbox One exclusive and still release on Xbox 360 and PS3 and make money.

Great, more cross-gen crap we don't need. Also you don't know what exclusive means, do you?

The money from PS4 sales probably a drop in the bucket right now which MS can easily compensate with cash - you know that paper thing that MS has a lot of and Sony none.

So much money they couldn't afford total exclusivity of Tituhfuhh on the Bone.

#186 Posted by Daious (2294 posts) -

Its amazing how no one else reported this

#187 Posted by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

Just like RE4 was gamecube exclusive.

#188 Edited by Animal-Mother (27287 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@R4gn4r0k said:
@musicalmac said:

Big if true. It's going to be about exclusives this year.

Although, one must think, if it's exclusive on Xbox One, it's got a good shot at PC, too...

Not if its published by Microsoft.

Forza 5, Dead Rising, Ryse = Published by Microsoft = not on PC

Titanfall = not published by Micorosoft = also on PC

Alank Wake, Mass Effect, Fable, Dust, State of Decay, Gears of War, Viva Pinata all published by MS also on PC

Alan Wake and State of Decay were self-published on PC.

Don't know if you know the history behind Alan Wake, but MS actually did everything to keep the game from hitting PC.

Fable, Gears of War and Viva Pinata are very old examples. Back from the time when MS still ported over some games from Xbox to PC.

Dust could be a good example, but it was featured in the latest indie bundle, so that is most likely self-published on PC as well.

Do you have any examples of Xbox ports from the past years where MS published on PC ?

No because MS hasn't had any exclusives in the last year to publish to PC.

#189 Posted by R4gn4r0k (19991 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@R4gn4r0k said:
@musicalmac said:

Big if true. It's going to be about exclusives this year.

Although, one must think, if it's exclusive on Xbox One, it's got a good shot at PC, too...

Not if its published by Microsoft.

Forza 5, Dead Rising, Ryse = Published by Microsoft = not on PC

Titanfall = not published by Micorosoft = also on PC

Alank Wake, Mass Effect, Fable, Dust, State of Decay, Gears of War, Viva Pinata all published by MS also on PC

Alan Wake and State of Decay were self-published on PC.

Don't know if you know the history behind Alan Wake, but MS actually did everything to keep the game from hitting PC.

Fable, Gears of War and Viva Pinata are very old examples. Back from the time when MS still ported over some games from Xbox to PC.

Dust could be a good example, but it was featured in the latest indie bundle, so that is most likely self-published on PC as well.

Do you have any examples of Xbox ports from the past years where MS published on PC ?

No because MS hasn't had any exclusives in the last year to publish to PC.

I listed some in the original comment you replied to.

#190 Posted by Sagemode87 (1246 posts) -

@Scipio8: So being a billion dollar company means having no money? Sony obviously has enough money to compete with MS in the console industry seeing as they have the far more powerful machine. And yes, PS4 is kicking Xbox Ones ass. Xbox One is only selling well in US and who knows how long that will last once TitanFall gets old. EA themselves said they regret not putting Titanfall on PS4, and they're way bigger than Capcom. Give it up clown.

#191 Posted by Vatusus (5902 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Well people forgot that Dead Rising 3 is Xbox One exclusive or people forgot that?

Capcom loves exclusive deals and Microsoft paid them.

DR is FAAAAAAAAAARRRRR from being a popular franchise as RE. Capcom would be fvckin DUMB to put RE7 as an exclusive

#192 Posted by StormyJoe (7457 posts) -

@theshensolidus said:

I've posted earlier as to why this is all a fabrication, but since it's been bumped lately, I thought i'd repost my original one:

So much wrong with the article the OP linked... I might have to sit down for this one.

So, while a new entry for Resident Evil is most assuredly coming, it probably won't have '7' at the end of the title, and it will DEFINITELY not be Xbox One exclusive. Now, i'm not gonna claim insider knowledge from this - as someone who is pretty close to MS going ons, I think I would've heard something about this by now, and I haven't. I know what some of you are going to say - just because I haven't heard about it, doesn't mean this deal can't be real. And you're right, and thats why i'm saying it won't be exclusive. Logic alone dictates why this is definitely not the case with the next main game in the RE series, whatever it may be called.

First, lets start with Capcom making a game in a series that typically does really well WW, but in particular, it does well in Japan. Biohazard (as its known in Japan) is a big franchise there, and Capcom wouldn't go and disrupt what is guaranteed to be Japanese sales by keeping it exclusive on the one console family who's lineage has done TERRIBLY in Japan. Its a cultural thing, really. And before any of you say "Well, then that means MS will pay for exclusivity here in the states", remember, Capcom Japan's board would have to sign off on it it, and there is no way they would be okay creating a PS4 version and not release it WW to maximize profits, especially on the console that is leading WW, that is just being dumb.

Just like Dead Rising, Capcom would still retain the rights to the series, and they wouldn't want to go and alienate a rather large audience for what is arguably their biggest franchise. Their corporate portfolio is only strong as how many copies they can sell in each respective series, so they wouldn't hobble one franchise's reach just for a small payday. Dead Rising 3 was a different case, as that game wouldn't have even been developed had MS not stepped in and funded it's development and published the game.

So, TL;DR; chance of this being true? 0 to 0.5%.

Umm... so... no company can keep any secrets?

Your whole thread reads like a fanboy wishing and wishing the rumor was false....

#193 Posted by StormyJoe (7457 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@Scipio8: So being a billion dollar company means having no money? Sony obviously has enough money to compete with MS in the console industry seeing as they have the far more powerful machine. And yes, PS4 is kicking Xbox Ones ass. Xbox One is only selling well in US and who knows how long that will last once TitanFall gets old. EA themselves said they regret not putting Titanfall on PS4, and they're way bigger than Capcom. Give it up clown.

I love it when people go off saying the PS4 is "far more powerful" or (my favorite) "way more powerful". Just goes to show that a lot of people drink the kool-aid...

#194 Posted by santoron (8558 posts) -

Well, gotta hand it to Capcom, if it were true (not true) it'd be the one way they could kill the series off faster than they have been by just releasing games.

#195 Posted by Sagemode87 (1246 posts) -

@StormyJoe: Infamous SS shits on anything X1 has released thus far. Also, the degree of power difference is irrelevant. Lems were thinking Sony didn't have enough money to make anything more powerful than the PS3. Turns out they have the more powerful box. Shows Sony can compete, so bringing up money is dumb since they both have enough to deliver.

#196 Posted by kingtito (6381 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Dead Rising 3 only sold well because it was a launch game. If Dead Rising 3 had been released in the later part of this year, it would have been a total disaster. Of course, the source the OP gave is a bad joke, but the idea that Capcom would be dumb enough to assume so much off the sales of Dead Rising 3 isn't that far out there considering how monumentally inept that once great company is today.

And you know this how? Is your crystal ball still working?

#197 Edited by StormyJoe (7457 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: Infamous SS shits on anything X1 has released thus far. Also, the degree of power difference is irrelevant. Lems were thinking Sony didn't have enough money to make anything more powerful than the PS3. Turns out they have the more powerful box. Shows Sony can compete, so bringing up money is dumb since they both have enough to deliver.

Well, we play games, not companies. If you want to compare libraries for XB1 and PS4, TitanFall says hello.

I never said Sony cannot compete. All I said is that the "way more powerful" claim is bullshit. It's more powerful, but "vastly" or "way more", not so much.

#198 Posted by Sagemode87 (1246 posts) -

@StormyJoe: And? I I don't care to play Titanfall. Angry Joe's review was right on and exposed the game and reviewing industry for the shills they are. No private matches but the game still gets 9s and 10s? Lmao, hope the score makes the game funner for you. Infamous SS, Outlast, Don't Starve, Killzone, Resogun, and Flower says hi. What's your point?

#199 Posted by StormyJoe (7457 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: And? I I don't care to play Titanfall. Angry Joe's review was right on and exposed the game and reviewing industry for the shills they are. No private matches but the game still gets 9s and 10s? Lmao, hope the score makes the game funner for you. Infamous SS, Outlast, Don't Starve, Killzone, Resogun, and Flower says hi. What's your point?

OK, well, I have TitanFall. I have not played I:SS yet, but it's a helluva lot more fun that Killzone. Don't be a hater.

Flower? LOL

#200 Posted by Heil68 (52212 posts) -

Well since the Xbone hasn't had a retail exclusive since launch it would be nice I guess.