Resident Evil 7 is Xbox One exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2523 posts) -

http://www.xboxdynasty.de/Resident-Evil-7/Geruecht--Exklusiv-fuer-Xbox-One--Ankuendigung-auf-E3-2014,news,37416.html

A brand new report has appeared online claiming that Capcom will release Resident Evil 7 as an Xbox One exclusive in early 2015.

Resident Evil games in the past have generated a cult following, like with Resident Evil 4, but more recent installments, like 5, 6, or Operation Raccoon City, haven't exactly garnered the success Capcom was hoping for, despite big marketing campaigns.

Now, for the inevitable Resident Evil 7, it seems that the studio has a different sort of plan.

According to German website XboxDynasty, Resident Evil 7 will be an Xbox One exclusive game that's scheduled to launch in January of 2015.

According to the website, Capcom reached this decision after Dead Rising 3, another Xbox One exclusive, reached good sales despite appearing on a single, just-released console.

Unfortunately, not much else is known at this time and Capcom hasn't even commented on this brand new report concerning its flagship action horror franchise.

Considering that quite some time has passed since Resident Evil 6 launched, you can bet that the Japanese developer is getting ready to debut Resident Evil 7 in the near future, probably at big trade shows like E3 2014 or Gamescom 2014.

#2 Posted by Yangire (8795 posts) -

"According to German website XboxDynasty, Resident Evil 7 will be an Xbox One exclusive game that's scheduled to launch in January of 2015."

Sounds like a legit source to me!

#3 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17960 posts) -

you can have it

#4 Edited by Heil68 (45220 posts) -

lol

#5 Posted by Bigboi500 (30082 posts) -

RE 5 & 6 were shit. But still, Capcom would be morons to make it exclusive to Xbox One.

#6 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

Hope not. Even if RE games haven't been good(IMO) since RE4.

#7 Edited by tonitorsi (8481 posts) -

Because that source seems legit to me.

#8 Edited by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: Interesting, since I figured Dead Rising 3 would eventually make it to the PS4.

#9 Posted by m_machine024 (15018 posts) -

Hmm I doubt it but you never know. :/

#10 Posted by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

I doubt it. Just not good business.

#11 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17776 posts) -

No way. With how much games cost these days I doubt it. I'm not even sure why dead rising 3 was x1 exclusive.

#12 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

if this really happens i'd be very surprised.

#13 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

Lol yea that's a legit source who's the author MisterXMedia lol

#14 Posted by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

Resident Evil 5 was a bit of a disappointment and Resident Evil 6 was a complete mess. At this point who cares what platform Resident Evil 7 is releasing on?

#15 Posted by ni6htmare01 (983 posts) -

This is Capcom we talking about here! This will be as exclusive as RE4 to WII, which we all know what happened.

#16 Posted by 35cent (916 posts) -

I'd be surprised if this was true. The source isn't exactly reputable (at least to my knowledge anyway).

#17 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25769 posts) -

Seems legithttp://i.imgur.com/gUGZdVy.png

#18 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5070 posts) -

lol this aint happening and even if it does who cares? re is a garbage franchise now

#19 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26907 posts) -

Like everyone else said, seems legit.

#20 Posted by Chutebox (37373 posts) -

1. Seriously doubt it

2. 6 was complete shit

#21 Posted by dan_mimmsie (29 posts) -

It would deffo piss alot of people off if RE7 was x1 exclusive I be one of them!! I loved it since ps1 either way if they made it x1 exclusive then we should have street fighter as a ps4 exclusive

#22 Edited by ni6htmare01 (983 posts) -

@dan_mimmsie said:

It would deffo piss alot of people off if RE7 was x1 exclusive I be one of them!! I loved it since ps1 either way if they made it x1 exclusive then we should have street fighter as a ps4 exclusive

I'm pretty much done with Capcom now a day with their super or whatever hell version with each of their games. RE6 was my last hope but it turn out to be a total garbage. YOu watch, even if RE7 is exclusive, Capcom will make a Super version just to port it it PS4 and PC.

#23 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2523 posts) -

Well people forgot that Dead Rising 3 is Xbox One exclusive or people forgot that?

Capcom loves exclusive deals and Microsoft paid them.

#24 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

It isn't.

#25 Posted by musicalmac (23036 posts) -

Big if true. It's going to be about exclusives this year.

Although, one must think, if it's exclusive on Xbox One, it's got a good shot at PC, too...

#26 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Seems legit

#27 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

Eh dead series if you ask me.

#28 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

Well Capcom just fraked themselves over.

#29 Posted by lundy86_4 (43543 posts) -

lolno.

#30 Edited by Daious (1392 posts) -

This really doesn't sound real considering Capcom new found interest in PC.

#31 Posted by Acez626 (690 posts) -

Lol at people trying not to make a big deal out of this

Resident evil on next gen should be amazing, if infact this is true...which I do have my doubt...then that is HUGE for xbox one

#32 Posted by kuu2 (7370 posts) -

Means the game will get the focus it needs. Early in the gen is when exclusives matter most.

#33 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2523 posts) -

So PS4 owners are saying that Dead Rising is on PS4?

#34 Edited by glez13 (8876 posts) -

Seems legit...

#35 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9021 posts) -

@Yangire said:

"According to German website XboxDynasty, Resident Evil 7 will be an Xbox One exclusive game that's scheduled to launch in January of 2015."

Sounds like a legit source to me!

This website is actually VERY LEGIT and I've used it. They were the ones that spotted when Microsoft was giving away games like Injustice, Resident Evil Code Veronica etc. for free in different countries and you could download them having only established a 1 month gold account for that country, because they were otherwise region-free, that is, the console's IP didn't have to match the country.

#36 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

lol rumors

@FreedomFreeLife said:

who said that

#37 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2523 posts) -

@lostrib said:

lol rumors

@FreedomFreeLife said:

who said that

You... saying that company who makes exclusive games makes suddenly RE7 multiplatform? lol?

Microsoft paid those. Also, website is VERY LEGIT. Every time they were right about news. Its insider Microsoft.

#38 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3616 posts) -

Riiiiiiight.....

6 was frigging amazing.

#39 Posted by RossRichard (2394 posts) -

15 years ago, this would have been huge news. Resident Evil is BS now.

#40 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@lostrib said:

lol rumors

@FreedomFreeLife said:

who said that

You... saying that company who makes exclusive games makes suddenly RE7 multiplatform? lol?

Microsoft paid those. Also, website is VERY LEGIT. Every time they were right about news. Its insider Microsoft.

where did I say any of that?

#41 Posted by uninspiredcup (8993 posts) -

My friend, it will be on the pc, the new home of Resident Evil.

#42 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Goes hand in hand with Microsoft… Dude bro Resident Evil will fit right in with Halo, Gears, and Titanfall.

#43 Posted by GamingGod999 (3002 posts) -

HA.

#44 Edited by locus-solus (534 posts) -

Dead Rising 3 is a X1 exclusive, Deep Down is a PS4 exclusive... has Capcom announced a game this gen that isn't exclusive?

#45 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (875 posts) -

Good, they deserve each other.

#46 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

I can actually believe this story considering the present state of Capcom's finances and how they seem to be leasing their property to first party manufacturers aka Dead Rising and Deep Down

#47 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10607 posts) -

I don't buy it, and I'll wait for Capcom to comment.

#48 Edited by -Renegade (8340 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:

This is Capcom we talking about here! This will be as exclusive as RE4 to Gamecube, which we all know what happened.

@madskills6117 said:

Resident Evil 5 was a bit of a disappointment and Resident Evil 6 was a complete mess. At this point who cares what platform Resident Evil 7 is releasing on?

#49 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

Heard that the next Resident Evil will be a reboot of the series.

#50 Posted by darkangel115 (1784 posts) -

@locus-solus said:

Dead Rising 3 is a X1 exclusive, Deep Down is a PS4 exclusive... has Capcom announced a game this gen that isn't exclusive?

It could be, due to lack of funds, they are turning to MS and Sony to publish/fund their games in exchange for exclusivity. It makes good business sense if they are having issues funding them internally